Chen Fang Tong as Liu Er
Zhou Li Jie as Fang Chengyu
Liu Jun as Chai Rang
Hai Ling as Chai Jiuli
Zhao Li Juan as Madame Fang Cao
Fan Zhen as Fang Yuxiu
Lin Zi Ye as Chai Jiurong

Synopsis:

During her wedding day, Chu Jiuling (daughter of the former crown prince) discovers that the person who killed her father is her uncle, who is the current Emperor. Just as she decides to seek revenge, she was almost killed by her husband, a jinyiwei guard named Lu Yunqi. Fortunately, she was saved by genius physician Zhang Qingshan. Chu Jiuling returns with a new identity - Jun Zhenzhen, the orphan daughter of an eunuch. Under her paternal family's protection, She assists the Fang family in unraveling the schemes of the Emperor, saving them from becoming victims of a political scheme. With her outstanding medical skills and wit, she then changed her name to Jun Jiuling, and heads to the capital to become a physician. After managing to integrate with the royalty, she sets out to unravel corruptions behind the political court and win the hearts of people; and step by step, succeeds in finding out the truth behind her father's death and returns justice to him. Meanwhile, she also gets into a complicated romantic entanglement with three different guys - son of Duke Chen Zhu Zan, nobleman Ning Yunzhao and her ex-husband Lu Yunqi. With world peace as her ultimate goal, she eventually aids the Emperor in defending against enemies and aiding the wise Emperor in ascending the throne.

Sources:

cnewsdevotee, dramawiki

@Lynne @NiteWalker Moderator tag to get it added to the directory list.

Trailer

Reserved

OSTs

Reserved

Helpful Links

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, IpohBanana said:

@NiteWalker @SilverMoonTea are you watching this? I've watched till E08, really enjoying it. Watching Peng Xiao Ran for the first time and loving her and the 2nd/3rd ML, Wang You Shuo. The pacing is good and the storyline is rather anticing.

they seems to give Peng XiaoRan a strong character right? i might watch it for her....cause i dont care for the ML

• Like 2

@NiteWalker yes, PXR's character is the sort of female lead I love to love, smart, brave, cool and calm. I hope like someone said they don't make her unbelievably dumb later on, as is the case half-way thru. The ML, ya-lah, I don't fancy too, no fault of his, as far as I can see, his acting is not bad, just not my cup of tea (the appearance). Wang You Shuo's character is like the ML from a Chinese Ghost Story (Leslie Cheung sort of), very gentle, well-spoken, true gentleman.

@SilverMoonTea if u need English subs btw, lemme know, I can send u a link. As for SBM, it's best you end at E46, anything after that leaves you feeling a tad too sad. I am waiting for more episodes of Forever and Ever then I will start, I saw Allen Ren acting bashful and all, quite a refreshing change! Bai Lu looks great there.

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, IpohBanana said:

@NiteWalker yes, PXR's character is the sort of female lead I love to love, smart, brave, cool and calm. I hope like someone said they don't make her unbelievably dumb later on, as is the case half-way thru. The ML, ya-lah, I don't fancy too, no fault of his, as far as I can see, his acting is not bad, just not my cup of tea (the appearance). Wang You Shuo's character is like the ML from a Chinese Ghost Story (Leslie Cheung sort of), very gentle, well-spoken, true gentleman.

**ahem** yes its the appearance to be honest hahaha....i find he look better as the bad guy lols **ahem**

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

**ahem** yes its the appearance to be honest hahaha....i find he look better as the bad guy lols **ahem**

agree, I can imagine him very well playing bad guy, but hats off to him, he's been doing a rather commendable job in this current role. I am purely here for PXR and WYS (sigh... such a gentle character.. grinning from ear to ear just thinking about him)

Ning Gong Zi (my eye candy for this show)

Wang-You-Shuo.jpg

credit: Youku

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I'm also not a big fan of Jin Han either. I was a bit hesitate to watch this drama, but I really like Peng Xiaoran. She was fantastic in Goodbye My Princess. There's just something about her that makes all her characters really enjoyable to watch. I'm looking forward to her drama with Ding Yuxi even though I read about the storyline and it doesn't excite me. Haha!

I watched episode one and it was enjoyable. I'll continue watching a couple more before I decide if I'll commit to it. I have so many dramas I want to watch. I think I picked up four Korean dramas alone! :BulbaConfused:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 9/8/2021 at 8:40 PM, NiteWalker said:

they seems to give Peng XiaoRan a strong character right? i might watch it for her....cause i dont care for the ML

I don’t care for the ML either @NiteWalker
I loved the first episode. It was well written and the acting is just awesome. @Tofu You are here too.  

Spoiler

I couldn’t finish Forever and Ever and the first part to this series. The pace were to slow  * crying* 

• Haha 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 minute ago, Tofu said:

@UnniSara Hahaha!! That's ok! I've accepted that not all dramas are made for everyone. I frequently try out dramas and decided if I want to continue constantly so I understand! :heart:

I am not  getting mushy when the leads are together. I think the director have made some mistakes. Like in episode 1 , when ML was trying to rescue her, why did they make his jumping down slowly , it looked annoying, so I fast forwarded it. Lol  I do enjoy FL with her new family.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

8 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I am not  getting mushy when the leads are together. I think the director have made some mistakes. Like in episode 1 , when ML was trying to rescue her, why did they make his jumping down slowly , it looked annoying, so I fast forwarded it. Lol  I do enjoy FL with her new family.

i watch the trailer and i do like the FL characters so far....however....i dunno about the ML lols

• Like 2
On 9/8/2021 at 4:20 PM, IpohBanana said:

@NiteWalker @SilverMoonTea are you watching this? I've watched till E08, really enjoying it. Watching Peng Xiao Ran for the first time and loving her and the 2nd/3rd ML, Wang You Shuo. The pacing is good and the storyline is rather enticing.

My experience exactly, really enjoying this production.  Some places I see this is 40 episodes and others 55, anyone know what's accurate?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, flannery said:

My experience exactly, really enjoying this production.  Some places I see this is 40 episodes and others 55, anyone know what's accurate?

I would have a huge question mark if it really were 55 episodes as there would be way too many fillers. :lmao2:

Spoiler

Though from the trailer scenes, she will have to deal with a plague, an invasion from a neighbouring country, (scratching head, what else, huh?) oh and of course seeking justice for the uncle who usurped the throne. I wonder who will be the emperor then - her brother?

@UnniSara the ML is fine as the brash, upright hero but in the department of romance, he definitely ain't the romantic sort (well not yet anyway, this may change somewhat when she reveals her identity as the trailer does hint at some OTP moments). So, I think we'll have to manage our own expectations. Though, I felt he was genuine when he was in front of the tomb, and whatever relevant emotional scenes he's had so far in dealing with her death....

• Like 2

@IpohBanana I will wait for those moments since you might be right .

I really can’t stand Mr Ning’s family. The mom ans sister are so arrogant. First they refused to believe the marriage contract, they upset the Fl’s grandmother, so when FL agreed to breaking the contract they were angry she agreed to it when she asked for compensation. Smh smh smh  

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886e23747a93878872e2a

Spoiler

Hmm Second tip to her identity and Ml is still not sure who she is.

• Like 2

@UnniSara well the scriptwriter/ director is toying with Zhu Zan and trying our patience. Actually he was rather convinced after that incident, then (so as not to spoil you), he will learn something about her that confounds his findings, and he will back to suspecting her identity but unsure of his previous conclusions. Yah, so just bear with it even if it grates on your nerves. :cry:

I just watched E23 & 24 preview, and it's hilarious. @Tofu @flannery @NiteWalker

Spoiler

In episode 23, Princess Chu Jiu Li (CJL) asks Jun Jiu Ling (JJL) to try on a blue garment that belonged to Princess Chu Jiu Ling and JJLsays "Is she trying to test me or is this just a coincidence?". As she wears the dress the siblings feel a sense of strong resemblance and Prince Chu Jiu Rong hugs JJL, remarking, "I miss you, second sister." (tears appear in JJL's eyes in that scene) . As she departs, Lu Yun Qi (LYQ) secretly observes her and claims, "It's her." CJL and LYQ agree that JJL looks very much like Chu Jiu Ling. The eldest princess tries to tone the situation down by stating, "Even if she resembles her, it's not her and asks obsessed hubby if he cannot let her go." To which he replies, "No, I can't let her go." He sends the betrothal gifts to her residence. And we see Zhu Zan's younger brother informing Zhu Zan that LYQ intends to marry JJL, and has sent gifts to her.

In episode 24, we see JJL, Jing Xiu and JJL's maid seated in the courtyard. JJL's maid remarks cheerfully: one is an upcoming imperial scholar, one is a commander, one is an accomplished public official, and all of them were fighting on the street over you.  I wonder how many girls in the city have made you their idol? Next, we see Zhu Zhan and  LYQ fighting in the street, Childe Ning calmly interrupts, "Lady Jun is betrothed to me." Upon hearing that LYQ's face fell (so funny)!  Next scene, Zhu Zan steps into JJL's room, drunk, asking her twice "How many husbands do you have?" She's rather shocked with the question and surprised as he takes off his belt and outer coat. He then falls flat onto her bed. After that scene, Zhu Zan's younger brother chastises him for falling asleep in someone's room (referring to JJL's). In the last scene, we see JJL staring amusedly at Zhu Zan as he wakes up the next morning. "You can't possibly ask me to take responsibility for you, right?" As she says it, she leans towards his face as if she is about to kiss him, AND the preview ends there.
(lol, how can you end on that note?)

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

@IpohBanana we seems to have a pretty heavy political issues or more families issues than political?

I think at this point right, there's the romance/family plot. But later, the political part (especially invasion from a warring state) will be more political. I think I enjoy that variety, rather than having it just her focusing on revenge. Though, that scene from the trailer with her hitting the drums/rallying the troops reminded me of Under The Power or Renascence (where the FLs were doing that).

• Haha 3
28 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

I think at this point right, there's the romance/family plot. But later, the political part (especially invasion from a warring state) will be more political. I think I enjoy that variety, rather than having it just her focusing on revenge. Though, that scene from the trailer with her hitting the drums/rallying the troops reminded me of Under The Power or Renascence (where the FLs were doing that).

okie im going to try to convince myself that i need to watch this for Peng XiaoRan and not **ahem** JH

• Like 1
  • Haha 2