[K-Artist] Lee Do Hyun 이도현

Lee Do Hyun confirmed for KBS2 drama"Youth of May" and LOL, just realised he's acting against his Sweet Home's co-star who plays his sister. But why melodramaaaaaa :pandasadspoon: ?

@abs-oluteM Imma don't like the plot

[NEWS] 2020.12.21 Lee Do Hyun, Go Min Si, Lee Sang Yi, And Geum Sae Rok Confirmed For New Retro Romance Drama

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Youth of May” (literal translation) has confirmed its lead cast!

The series is set to highlight the passion that underlies the group of young adults living through May 1980, a historically significant time period in Korea. The drama is described as a retro romance drama and will star Lee Do Hyun, Go Min Si, Lee Sang Yi, and Geum Sae Rok.

Lee Do Hyun will star as Hwang Hee Tae, a medical student who strives to discredit all the stereotypes held against him. He can be somewhat mischievous, but it doesn’t take away from his determination and drive.

Go Min Si will be taking on the role of Kim Myung Hee, a third-year nurse. She is a warrior who has waged through life’s struggles to get to where she is, and she doesn’t lose faith in the direst of situations.

Geum Sae Rok will be joining the lead cast as law student Lee Soo Ryun, who is Kim Myung Hee’s best friend. She has an easygoing personality that seems ajar with her preppy appearance. Coming from a wealthy family, she feels responsibility to be a frontrunner in securing justice in societal issues.

Lee Sang Yi will be acting as Lee Soo Ryun’s older brother Lee Soo Chan. He is helping his father with the family business after returning from studying abroad in France.

“Youth of May” is written by Lee Gang, who previously wrote “Spy,” and directed by Song Min Yeob, who worked on “Doctor Prisoner.” The series is set to air in Spring 2021.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1

2020.12.20 Lee Do-Hyun Hopes His Acting Has A Positive Influence On Audiences

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

When things start to go crazy in the drama Sweet Home, Lee Do-hyun’s character takes control, bringing a sense of order to a horrific reality. His character lives in an apartment building where the residents start turning into monsters. He’s a natural leader—even in the midst of an unimaginable situation.

“I play the character Lee Eun-hyuk,” said Lee. “He is calm, composed, and realistic and does his best as a leader to escape from where he is with others. He separates those who are in the process of turning into a monster from others, locks them up in a room.”

Lee considers himself lucky to have been cast in the drama, which co-stars Song Kang, Lee Jin-wook and Lee Si-young, as he really likes his character.

“I love the character Eun-hyuk because he is a realist,” he said. “He makes choices that seem too cold, but his choices are convincing and logical. People may criticize Eun-hyuk, but you can’t criticize his choices.”

Lee stars in 'Sweet Home' with Song Kang, Lee Jin-wook and Lee Si-young.

Lee made his acting debut in 2017, playing the younger version of Jung Kyung-ho’s character in Prison Playbook. He played a member of a rowing club in Still 17 and a tae kwon do athlete in Clean With Passion, then attracted more attention playing IU’s lost love in the drama Hotel Del Luna, which became one of the highest rated Korean dramas in cable television. In Hotel del Luna, his character is a royal guard during the Goguryeo era. His tortured destiny with IU’s character sets the rest of the plot in motion. 

“People started to recognize me after the series,” said Lee. “I used to think that historical drama wasn’t an easy genre to act in, but choosing Hotel Del Luna was a great starting point for me to get familiarized with the genre, so I’m thankful to have been given the opportunity.” 

Actors sometimes find it hard to say goodbye to a character they’ve played. So far, his Sweet Home character Eun-hyuk has stayed with him the longest.

“It was the first project that made me realize that I do get affected by my character—I became quite angsty and on edge while filming Sweet Home. I think being in the character for the series everyday really affected me.”

Just how angst-inducing is Sweet Home? Do viewers need to watch the horror drama before dusk?

“I think it’ll probably be better if you watch the series in darkness to immerse yourself in the story,” he said. “And watching it with your friends will be more fun because then you might end up thinking about what kind of monsters you and your friends might turn into if you were in the same situation as the characters.”

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Lee recently starred in the JTBC drama 18 Again, about a man who wants to magically revisit what he remembers as an easier time in his life. Yoon Sang Hyun plays the lead at age 38, but when he is suddenly 18 again, Lee takes on the role of his younger self. So, Lee had to act the part of a 38-year-old man, who found himself in an 18-year-old body, and at the same time, mirror Yoon’s mannerisms and actions.

It might be too soon to ask if Lee has a time in his life that he wants to return to. At 25 he’s a sought-after actor and the future looks promising.

“I don’t want to go back in time to a particular period in my life, but if I had to choose, I’d probably choose to go back to high school years and try to enjoy a more normal life as a high school student appreciating spending time with my friends.”

Although he attended an acting academy in high school, his dreams of becoming an actor crystallized while studying film and theater at Chung-Ang University.

“I wanted to become an actor because I loved how my acting encouraged the audience,” said Lee. “I hope to continue to be an actor that could have a positive influence on the audience.”

He takes acting seriously, as he sees its potential to comfort and encourage viewers. Facing his work with that sense of responsibility does make him seem as conscientious as his Sweet Home character Eun-hyuk. 

“I hope that my performance as an actor can give strength to the audience that will help them gain the energy that they need to see the positive aspects of life,” said Lee. “I plan to continue to train myself as an actor and study harder so that I can grow as an actor and be better at what I do to inspire others.”

• Heart Eyes 1

[News/Interview] 2020.12.24 Lee Do Hyun Talks About The Response To “Sweet Home,” Reuniting With Go Min Si In Upcoming Drama, And More

lee-do-hyun-2.jpg

Lee Do Hyun spoke about his experience acting in “Sweet Home” in a recent interview!

Based on a hit webtoon, the Netflix original series “Sweet Home” is about a loner high school student named Cha Hyun Soo (Song Kang) who moves to a new apartment building after losing his family in a tragic accident. There, he faces a series of shocking and terrifying events as humans suddenly begin transforming into monsters all around him. Lee Do Hyun plays the brilliant Lee Eun Hyuk, whose sharp mind and cool disposition help him lead the residents of the Green Home apartment building.

Spoilers

Lee Do Hyun shared that it had been an overwhelmingly emotional experience to have the show released all around the world at the same time. “However, it reached the Top 10 in 70 countries and it’s received such a great reaction, which is why I’m just so grateful,” he said. “To be honest, it didn’t really hit me when I read an article about it but my friends and parents said it was good, and [its popularity] is feeling real because there are people who say they’d binge-watched it too. I’ve seen the finished series, and it was really amazing and I felt proud.”

The actor talked about how he’d ended up taking the role of Lee Eun Hyuk after auditioning for Song Kang’s character Cha Hyun Soo. “I wanted to play Cha Hyun Soo, so I went there having prepared for that,” he said. “However, the director gave me the script for the character Eun Hyuk. I prepared for 10 minutes and did a reading, and after that I just told someone at my agency that it had gone well and I didn’t have regrets. I didn’t know that I’d get the part and when I was chosen I was really happy but also nervous. It was also amazing to be working with Director Lee Eung Bok.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-1.jpg

“At first, I really wanted to play an emotional character because Eun Hyuk is cold and rational so he might come off in a negative way, but after acting as him I felt Eun Hyuk’s charms and came to love the character,” Lee Do Hyun explained.

Eun Hyuk takes the role of the leader who protects the survivors in the Green Home apartments, but there have been mixed reactions to his leadership among viewers. “Personally, I’m glad that people either love or hate it,” he said. “While I was acting, I thought that it would be good if there were mixed reactions to his choice.”

He shared that he thought that Eun Hyuk’s both realistic and extreme choice had led to many people’s lives being saved. “I agree with Eun Hyuk’s choice,” he said. “I’m also more rational than emotional. When a problem arises, rather than showing emotion I tend to think about how I can solve it, so I could relate to Eun Hyuk’s decision.”

Lee Do Hyun and Go Min Si acted as a brother and sister in “Sweet Home,” and they’ll be reuniting in KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Youth of May” (literal title).

“When we heard the casting news, Go Min Si and I said to each other, ‘Let’s properly show chemistry this time around,” said Lee Do Hyun with a laugh. “There was no room for us to show our acting chemistry in ‘Sweet Home,’ but I think we’ll have a lot of scenes and stages together in ‘Youth of May,’ so I said we should convey that well.”

It was mentioned to Lee Do Hyun that “Sweet Home” had ended with a hint at a potential second season. While Lee Eun Hyuk seemed to be turning into a monster at the end, Lee Do Hyun was asked what kind of role he’d like to play in a possible next season.

“I’m also curious about what will happen to Eun Hyuk,” said Lee Do Hyun. “In the story, it hints at the end that he has a nose bleed and he’s turning into a monster, but since the building collapses he might also die… If there’s a second season, I’d really like to be in it. If I were to act in it, then it would be good if he turned into a monster but he became the type of monster that rescues people.”

Source (1) via soompi

----

Actor Song Kang on Lee Do Hyun

He praised his co-star, Lee Do Hyun, who is of a similar age to him. (Lee Do Hyun was born in 1995; Song Kang in 1994.) “Not only are we peers, but as actors, we had a good connection,” Song Kang said. “In this project, we have the kind of relationship where one person is being used and the other person is using them, but I would like to be in a project with him where we combine our strength and work together. It would be nice if we could play really close friends. Something like Hye Young and Sun Oh in ‘Love Alarm.'” — source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1

Film Magazine Cine21 Reveals Lists of Most-Anticipated Senior and Rookie Actors/Actresses in 2021

large_4246dd3564fe5c8cf214eba21a9f7a8eb2

The magazine named various actors and actresses we need to anticipate next year.

On December 29th, Korean film magazine 'Cine21' released the lists of most-anticipated actors/actresses in 2021. They are divided into senior and rookie categories, to make them apples to apples. A total of 55 experts voted on the best ones among thousands in the industry. 

Without further ado, check out the complete lists below!

Rookie Actors 

1st place: Lee Dohyun

2nd place: Kim Donghee

3rd place: Kim Seonho

4th place: Jo Byunggyu

5th place: Seon Seokgoo, Song Kang

6th place: Goo Gyohwan

7th place: Kang Kiyoung, Kwak Mingyu, Ki Dohoon, Kim Youngdae, Park Sunghoon, Byeon Wooseok, Ahn Bohyun, Lee Hakjoo, Lee Hongnae, Jang Dongyoon

Full list → LINK

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 12/30/2020 at 12:07 PM, mademoiselle said:

Rookie Actors 

1st place: Lee Dohyun

2nd place: Kim Donghee

3rd place: Kim Seonho

4th place: Jo Byunggyu

5th place: Seon Seokgoo, Song Kang

6th place: Goo Gyohwan

7th place: Kang Kiyoung, Kwak Mingyu, Ki Dohoon, Kim Youngdae, Park Sunghoon, Byeon Wooseok, Ahn Bohyun, Lee Hakjoo, Lee Hongnae, Jang Dongyoon

I agree he definitely should be number one . I like him so much in Sweet Home now . But Kim Seon Ho shouldn’t be on the list .  I won’t call him a rookie actor lol! He’s already got so many 1st & 2nd lead roles since 2017 . 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

55 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I agree he definitely should be number one . I like him so much in Sweet Home now . But Kim Seon Ho shouldn’t be on the list .  I won’t call him a rookie actor lol! He’s already got so many 1st & 2nd lead roles since 2017 . 

He definitely isn't. Seon Ho began his acting career in theatre so I think it is why Cine21 put him in the rookie section. South Korea is really weird in the sense that they categorised the actors - if TV actors acted in the movies, when they are nominated for acting award in movie section, they begin from New Actor Award then move up to Best Actor → Daesang. Vice versa for TV awards. He's never won an award in KBS or SBS, if they were to give him an award, he is likely to be given a rookie award first, whereas MBC he can only continue on to Top Excellence then Daesang in the future.

• Insightful 1

Article from http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=301702

Rising star Lee Do-hyun likely to rule 2021 after starring in monster thriller

By Kwak Yeon-soo

Over the past three years, Lee Do-hyun has ascended from up-and-coming actor to becoming a bona fide A-list star appearing in the Netflix original series "Sweet Home." The actor has demonstrated his talents in a number of TV series since making his debut in 2017.

In the tvN drama "Prison Playbook," he played the younger version of Jung Kyung-ho's character. He then attracted more attention acting across from IU as her character's first love in the tvN drama "Hotel Del Luna" (2019). 

This year he starred in the JTBC drama "18 Again" as the younger version of Yoon Sang-hyun who becomes his teenage self again. In the latest Netflix original series "Sweet Home," he played the character of Lee Eun-hyuk who is realistic and a natural leader in an apartment complex "Green Home" where he must separate and protect people from infected humans turning into monsters.

"Eun-hyuk is realistic and rational. People dislike him for being cold-hearted, but I think he's a reliable character we can all depend on in the midst of a terrifying situation. Personally, I'm more affectionate than him," Lee said during a recent interview with The Korea Times.

On becoming a rising star whose future looks promising, Lee remained humble about his achievements. 

"I was lucky to have been cast in dramas. It's not common for an actor to make a consecutive score of hits, and I'm thankful to have been given the opportunity," he said.

Lee revealed that he originally auditioned for the role of Cha Hyun-soo (played by Song Kang), but was cast as Eun-hyuk. 

"I initially vied for Hyun-soo's character because I've always wanted to play a dual character. But as soon as I started reading my lines, director Lee Eung-bok said that I'm better suited for Eun-hyuk's part," he said. "I tried to show no emotions, but solely act with the expression in my eyes."

Although Lee is only 25 years old, the rising star said he takes acting extremely seriously.

"My deepest desire as an actor is to show a great performance and give strength and positive energy to the audience. The more I work, the more my responsibility grows," he said. 

Lee said he is studying English in hopes of expanding his acting presence in Hollywood. 

"I try to use English when I'm around fluent English speakers. I've always dreamed of making inroads into Hollywood and I'm curious about how foreign film sets look. I'll keep working hard to make it a reality," he said. "Moreover, I'd love to do films in 2021. I have a penchant for film noir and action movies."

"Sweet Home" is currently screening on Netflix. 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: -