6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Off topic a little, I was quite shocked to see Siwan's from Run On stills. :shocked: I think he's one guy that I never expected to see him topless (due to his good boy looking image) and have body-building body.

Omg....I was shooookeedddddd. I never expected SiWan having that body too .. 

Spoiler

EnmGNJ_XUAMw72W?format=jpg&name=medium

hahahahah...ehh sorry this is not the abs club.. 

@Jane you have to see this ...darn cute

12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Sorry, borrow this thread again. :lol:

Please feel free to post ....ahahah.. that can be fanfic material!

Yay @40somethingahjumma @Tothestars glad you guys posted ! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Of course... we have similar tastes in men apparently.

But what's this... This showed up on my recommended feed. I imagine everyone's seen it. 

I screamed after the first couple of minutes... He is Cyrano de Bergerac. Poor kid. 

But he's not the "second" male lead surely. No way. Not a chance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But what's this... This showed up on my recommended feed. I imagine everyone's seen it. 

Me too! 

But he's not the "second" male lead surely. No way. Not a chance.

Actually i dont know whether Han JiPyeong is the male lead or it is Nam DoSan... Or double male lead... But for me he is... Han JiPyeong has to live happily, make him Haelmonni grandson legally!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM Of course... we have similar tastes in men apparently.

We've got great taste for sure ! :CharmanderYay:

30 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

Actually i dont know whether Han JiPyeong is the male lead or it is Nam DoSan... Or double male lead... But for me he is... Han JiPyeong has to live happily, make him Haelmonni grandson legally!

In my heart he is too...ahahahah. On TVN site of course NJH is listed first but these days a lot of dramas are going for the joint leads sort of thing - ensemble casting like Hospital Playlist . So perhaps it doesn't matter who is 1st or 2nd lead anymore. 

Since @Lynne tagged me on twitter for this , I should post this here :D

• Haha 5
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I watched Kim Seon Ho for the first time in Manager Kim/Good Manager. I did watch the drama Strongest Delivery and Two Cops but didn't finish watching it. I remember his chemistry with Jung Seok in Two Cops were funny and good. Happy for him to get the recognition for his acting in Start Up. 

And because of his sudden popularity, I just knew that he's debuted as theatrical actor first before expanding to TV. No wonder his eyes and facial expressions can convey a lot of emotions even without saying any lines. :BulbaOWO:

I wish and root for Han JI Pyeong happiness :YesHalCat:

Edited by LaLa
  • Heart Eyes 5

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

13 hours ago, Tothestars said:

I don't mean to sound combative  :cool: and as someone who has only seen the first episode (for all kinds of reasons) I can't say anything with great certainty either. But this whole "male lead" business...

Spoiler

But I'm not sure why Good Boy would be characterised as "the second male lead"  by The Swoon when he is so obviously modelled after Cyrano. And his arc begins and practically dominates half of the first episode. I don't get that. In Edmund Rostand's play Cyrano didn't exactly get the girl but he was absolutely the male lead. In the Western canon, the male lead has always been the one who has the most well-developed arc regardless of whether he lives at the end or gets the girl. He drives the narrative. The narrative is very much focused on his perspective. Just consider the tragic heroes in literature. Aside from Cyrano, the other one that comes to mind would be Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities. 

This has been my issue with the way audiences of Asian dramas have characterized the "male lead" for ever as the one who gets the girl. In a fairytale... sure there may be grounds for thinking that. But is Start-Up a fairytale? From everything I've read, it doesn't seem like it. It seems like it's about the dog eat dog corporate world. A modern day battleground.

I think the letters are important because they say something about the boy and the man. His journey. He may have started reluctantly and at Grandma's nagging but he soon finds himself enjoying the process of connecting. He's had a lonely life and it's lonely at the top. It may have helped him as much as it helped her get through some tough times.

From the compilation video it seemed that the letters kept DM from seeing other guys because none of them could live up to her expectations. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hide contents

But I'm not sure why Good Boy would be characterised as "the second male lead"  by The Swoon when he is so obviously modelled after Cyrano. And his arc begins and practically dominates half of the first episode. I don't get that. In Edmund Rostand's play Cyrano didn't exactly get the girl but he was absolutely the male lead. In the Western canon, the male lead has always been the one who has the most well-developed arc regardless of whether he lives at the end or gets the girl. He drives the narrative. The narrative is very much focused on his perspective. Just consider the tragic heroes in literature. Aside from Cyrano, the other one that comes to mind would be Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities. 

This has been my issue with the way audiences of Asian dramas have characterized the "male lead" for ever as the one who gets the girl. In a fairytale... sure there may be grounds for thinking that. But is Start-Up a fairytale? From everything I've read, it doesn't seem like it. It seems like it's about the dog eat dog corporate world. A modern day battleground.

I think the letters are important because they say something about the boy and the man. His journey. He may have started reluctantly and at Grandma's nagging but he soon finds himself enjoying the process of connecting. He's had a lonely life and it's lonely at the top. It may have helped him as much as it helped her get through some tough times.

From the compilation video it seemed that the letters kept DM from seeing other guys because none of them could live up to her expectations. 

YAH RIGHT?!?!?!

So @Lynne @abs-oluteM and everyone else that has been ranting here about how the story's been going - agree, agree, agree! With all of your posts! KSH bias aside, seriously... story-wise, exactly as @40somethingahjumma has said, how is anyone a second lead with such a well developed back story? Just because he's placed in promo material with the female lead does not make him the de facto lead to get the girl. In fact,

Spoiler

it has been for a long while that the romance development in all of KHR's other dramas have always been the most simplistic aspect of her writing. It suddenly seems like she's improving on that front with the tensions developing between the characters now, but if "K-drama expectations" are going to result in NDS ending up with SDM, then it would be an absolute letdown for me. As it is, the romance dominating the story already throws me off some - isn't this show about Start-ups? Or should this show be called "Letters"? While You Were Sleeping was about dreaming the future with the murders, courtrooms and police investigation as context; Pinocchio was about the inability to lie, and again with murders, investigative reporting and what not to drive the point about lies and bending truths. So what is Start-up about? Letters and the language that speaks into the soul or... Start-ups? 

Regardless, this is a thread dedicated to Seonho, and I must say, he's absolutely killing every scene he's in. Even on 2D1N. Every cut he's in is just better than the rest of the show. Hahaha...

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

@gilaswan 4 episodes of  80 minutes each may still turn things around :lenny:ahahahaha.... yeah am ever the optimist!

Anyhow , mr dimples IG post these days even makes it on entertainment news

Spoiler

0001523121_001_20201127154003596.jpg?typ

\

Auto translated from: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/057/0001523121?lfrom=twitter

Actor Kim Seon-ho boasted a visual shooting at a woman's heart.

On the afternoon of the 26th, Kim Sun-ho posted a photo on his Instagram.

In the picture, there is a figure of him in comfortable clothes.

Along with a bright smile, Kim Seon-ho boasted of his fair skin and warm handsomeness.

In addition, the whole body shot was revealed and the perfect proportion was also shown.

Meanwhile, Kim Sun-ho is appearing as Han Ji-pyeong in the tvN weekend drama'Startup'.

---------------------------------------------------------

More beautiful pics from Dispatch. Thanks for the heads up @mademoiselle

credit https://twitter.com/seonhojpeg/status/1332117431041499137?s=20

This one is just gorgeous ...

EnyhvajUwAA9bWI?format=jpg&name=large

EnyhZZeUYAAYfbg?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EnyhZZeVEAETyKH?format=jpg&name=large

Enyhnq3VkAAxePJ?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Enyhnq3VQAQx__2?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EnyhvaKUwAA4sYT?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3