Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

106898487.1.jpg

Ever since I saw them in the KBS Special "Came to me and became a star" , I have been hoping hard for the them to reunite in a longer drama, and looks like my wishes have come true. :yee: Super excited for this rom-com of two proven versatile actors. More of the synopsis here:

“Monthly House” is a home-searching romance story about a man who buys houses and a woman who lives in one. It follows the diverse stories of the editors of a home magazine. Yoo Ja Sung is the CEO of a real estate investment company and magazine company Monthly House who went from rags to riches. By studying during the day, working as a restaurant part-timer and a designated driver at night, and working at construction sites during the weekends, Yoo Ja Sung cut down on his sleep time to self-study real estate, eventually becoming an investment expert and wealthy man owning property worth tens of billions of won (tens of millions of dollars) in real estate. However, when he runs into Na Young Won, the two will begin an unexpected romance. Na Young Won is a magazine editor with 10 years of experience who has been living alone for 10 years at a rented home. She believes her home to be the place where she can truly be herself. However, when she meets her devil-like new homeowner and Monthly House magazine CEO, Na Young Won begins to search for a house of her own and develops an interest in real estate Camping fanatic and professional photographer Shin Kyum is living by the principles of “you only live once” and “work-life balance." Shin Kyum chose to become a photographer over inheriting his father’s business. He’s also Na Young Won’s neighbor and convenience store partner, allowing their fates to be constantly intertwined.

Source My Drama List

Director: Lee Chang-Min

Writer: Myung Soo-Hyun

Network: JTBC

Episodes:

Release Date: First Half, 2021

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Cast:

2021010501000178000009641_20210104092801

pic credit Sports Chosun

Jung So-Min - Na Young-Won
Kim Ji-Suk - Yoo Ja-Sung
Jung Gun-Joo - Shin Gyeom
Kim Won-Hae - Choi Go
Chae Jung-An - Yeo Ui-Joo
Ahn Chang-Hwan - Nam Sang-Soon
Yun Ji-On - Jang Chan
Lee Hwa-Kyum - Yook Mi-Ra
Lee Ji-Won - Kye Joo-Hee

107137052.1.jpg

Beautiful drama quotes from the episodes 
(credit @ktcjdrama)

Eps 1 to 4

https://janghaven.com/topic/498-monthly-house-월간-집-current/?do=findComment&comment=57618

Eps 5 to 8

https://janghaven.com/topic/498-monthly-house-월간-집-current/?do=findComment&comment=58507

Eps 9 to 12

https://janghaven.com/topic/498-monthly-house-월간-집-current/?do=findComment&comment=60762

Eps 13 to 16

https://janghaven.com/topic/498-monthly-magazine-home-monthly-house-월간-집-2021/?do=findComment&comment=62281

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Did not expect Han Cinema to have a video for their synopsis. Looks like KJS's character is a self-made man :D

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/jung-so-min-kim-ji-suk-pair-up-for-upcoming-jtbc-series/

JTBC’S UPCOMING URBAN-SET SERIES, MONTHLY HOUSE, STARRING JUNG SO MIN AND KIM JI SUK HAS ANNOUNCED AN INTERESTING PREMISE! IT SHEDS LIGHT TO VARYING PERSPECTIVES OF HOW PEOPLE PRIORITIZE HOUSE OWNERSHIP.

Slated to be released in the first half of 2021, Monthly House introduces the story of a man who likes buying houses and a woman who prefers renting house. The series takes on the topic of “owning or renting a house”, which is a nagging concern for people living in Korea and anywhere in the world.

Planning to deliver sympathetic and consoling messages, Monthly House also asks the meaning of having a house to a person. To be directed by Lee Chang Min, expect zesty humor and heartening moments. Director Lee helmed the two seasons of well-loved comedy series Welcome to Waikiki and spy-comedy drama Man To Man.

In charge of writing the script is Myung Soo Hyun who is recognized for her insightful concepts usually highlighting the lives of single people. She has worked on the two installments of Drinking Solo, A Poem A Day and Ugly Miss Young Ae.

Jung So Min last worked on drama Soul Mechanic while Kim Ji Suk appeared on series My Unfamiliar Family.

MAIN LEADS + ROUGH CHARACTER SKETCHES

Focusing on a man and a woman with contrasting views about house living, Monthly House interestingly cites the two type of people any viewers can relate to.

Portraying the role of  Na Young-won, an editor of lifestyle magazine, is actress Jung So Min. She is a 10-year old office worker who struggles to make the ends meet. Her finances are not stable causing her to frequently miss her monthly lease payment. Renting a house for a decade, albeit not hers, she cleans and decorates it as if it is her own.

For Young-won, it is a place where she can be herself and pour her emotions. However, her interest on house investment is piqued when she meets the devil-like realtor who vies to buy the house she rents.

Kim Ji Suk’s character Yu Ja-seong is against the idea that a house is only a place to sleep for a while. Believing in the idea that he can be rich though real estate, he went through a disciplined and diligent life. He studied during the day, worked at a restaurant in the evening and became a proxy driver at late night.

He is also a construction worker during weekends. Reducing his sleep, he perseveres to self-study. Ultimately, he became a well-known real estate property owner and investment expert.

The meeting between Jung So Min who brims with lovely and honest charms, and Kim Ji Suk who decorates every character he played with convincing color; is the most anticipated point of Monthly House.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

So information about the cast 

Source: Soompi

Jung So Min has been cast as Na Young Won, the editor of a lifestyle magazine about the monthly rental lifestyle. Kim Ji Suk has been cast as Yoo Ja Sung, the CEO of the magazine, who believes that houses are just assets to make him rich. Also cast in the drama are Jung Gun Joo, Kim Won Hae, Chae Jung An, Ahn Chang Hwan, Yoon Ji On, Lee Hwa Kyum, and Ahn Hyun Ho.

Jung Gun Joo has been cast in the role of Shin Kyum, a photographer who works for the magazine. He lives by the motto “you only live once,” and thinks of “home” as wherever he happens to be at the moment. He had no worries until he met Na Young Won and enters into a love triangle with Yoo Ja Sung.

Kim Won Hae has been cast in the role of Choi Go, the editor-in-chief of the magazine. He lives with his wife and two high-school-aged sons in an 30-year-old apartment that he dreams of renovating. Chae Jung An has been cast in the role of Yeo Ui Joo, an editor with 13 years of experience, who lives in single luxury in an apartment that costs 1.3 million won per month (about $1,200). She firmly believes that all fixed assets, such as real estate, depreciate with time.

Ahn Chang Hwan has been cast in the role of Nam Sang Soon, an editor like Yeo Ui Joo, who is on the waiting list for his dream house. Lee Hwa Kyum, Yoon Ji On, and Ahn Hyun Ho play Yook Mi Ra and Gye Joo Hee, editorial assistants, and Jang Chan, assistant photographer. Yook Mi Ra is an admirer of Na Young Won, Gye Joo Hee is a textbook example of the “forgettable assistant,” and Jang Chan dreams of becoming successful as a YouTuber.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Jane did you watch this very old show ?This was their 1st time working together . It is just a 1 plus hour drama you can watch  here. I am excited for their reunion

Nope! I didn't know they worked before. I might give it a go before the actual drama to see their chemi. They look really cute in the IG update!

• Heart Eyes 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @abs-oluteM! I didn't know there is a thread already for Monthly House. I haven't seen a lot of promo materials for this show, but I'm excited for this one! I'm really hyped to see So Min in a new show. (belated hbd to her btw!) I did watch Came to Me and Became a Star recently, and though it was short and they didn't have a lot of interactions, I liked both of the leads there.

Less than a week till premiere! 🎉

• Like 2
  • Party! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMthis one really a romcom right? I hope not halfway turn into makjang drama like Oh My Ladylord. Traumatized ahahaha...

The premise looks interesting. Seems both hardworking character with strong character that got tangled together. I bet they will quarel a lot. 

Aiyo ....who knows . As long as no one is dying , I am fine. But this looks good and I think it should be fun. 

• Haha 1

New character posters

202105060858370410_1.jpg

#One. Na Young-won (Jeong So-min), “I don’t have a house, but I like the house.”

Na Young-won, editor of the 10th year magazine. Her house with a lovely sunny smile is a space filled with warm sensibility and cute taste, from wallpaper to pillows and duvet covers. Even at a glance, you can see that the heart of caring for and loving the house is cut all over the house. Such a house is not legally owned by her. She has been renting  for 10 years, but Youngwon says, "I don't have a house, but I like it." For her, 'home' is a place where I can be completely me'.

#2. Yu Ja-seong (Kim Ji-seok), “I love the house. Because having a house is money.”

Yu Ja-seong, the owner the house with an attractive appearance and a perfect suit fit, is the representative of Living Magazine's Monthly House. It is a mistake to think that he, who looks like a sample of a successful man, has been born with a gold spoon from the beginning. " I thought that the only way to get rich by myself in Korea was real estate, and I learned real estate by studying during the day, working in a restaurant in the evening, driving by proxy at night, and running a construction board on weekends." 

So Jasung became a famous real estate property owner and investment expert, and for that reason, “I love the house. I think because house is money.”

#3. Shin-gyeom (Jeong Gun-ju), “I have money, but I don't buy a house.”

Shin Gyeom, a photographer who took off the veil for the first time through this character poster, is a sample of the 'You Only Live Once' . For him, "I have money, but I don't buy a house," the 'where I stay today' is my home'. So, the studio where he is currently staying was introduced as his space. The studio, full of favorite camping supplies, contains the life philosophy of Shin-Gyeom, who lives only once and enjoys what he wants to do.

For Young Won, home is a comfortable haven;  for Ja Seong , it means asset growth, and for Gyeom, a place to stay today. These three people with different values work together at the magazine 'Monthly House', how they affect each other's relationship and and their idea or concept of what a house is are one of the main reasons to watch  'Monthly House'.

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202105060858370410

• Like 2