Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

20 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

@abs-oluteM @Sominah thank you both for the updates!! So excited! 🎉🎉

I enjoyed their guesting on Knowing Bros. As always, I really want to see SoMin more on variety shows. She and Ji-Seok did have cute little moments, so I'm looking forward to their chemistry again in the show.

What surprised me the most was Chae Jung-An. I actually don't know who she is, but I thought she'd be a bit demure and serious, but she's actually quite the opposite. Her antics actually remind of Jang Do-Yeon in some ways. In her stills and some of her parts in the teasers, I feel like she'll be the somewhat stern senior in the company, while Kim Won-Hae will be the 2nd in command but very comedic. So seeing her in Knowing Bros, I'm not sure now what to expect from her character. Maybe she'll actually be quite goofy too in contrast to what I assumed. 

Speaking of Kim Won-Hae, everytime I see him on screen just makes me smile. Especially when I didn't expect to see him in whatever drama. His character here might get a bit more screen time than the supporting roles I've seen him as, so this is another thing that I look forward to. 

My pleasure... Yes Somin is really cute, enthusiastic, energetic and happy in the episode of KNOWING BROTHERS...I enjoyed a lot, still watching its bits and pieces on YT repeatedly... 

Yes I have seen Chae Jung-An in coffee prince long back but I didn't know she is the same person until KB episode... Overall the casting and the colour of the show seems very vibrant .... hoping and praying for the best 🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏🙏

❤️💜 love Somin 💜❤️

🏡🏡 Rock Wolgan Jib 🏡🏡

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1
21 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Speaking of Kim Won-Hae, everytime I see him on screen just makes me smile. Especially when I didn't expect to see him in whatever drama. His character here might get a bit more screen time than the supporting roles I've seen him as, so this is another thing that I look forward to. 

Me too. He always plays warm & kind characters - fathers of many of the main roles. I think being the boss to JSM's character, he will have more screen time for sure.

-------------------------

Some excerpts from the press con I read on Naver

http://news.tf.co.kr/read/entertain/1868677.htm

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202106161351402510

NISI20210616_0000768057_web.jpg?rnd=2021

Director's focus:

It is a special point of 'Monthly House' to present a different subject matter of 'real estate'. Curious about how real estate will be introduced in the work and how it will unfold. Director Lee Chang-min said, "There is no villain in our work. However, for viewers, the real estate itself may or may not be a villain." He said, "I did not try to deal with the drama itself as heavily as possible. I tried to proceed in a way that showed me how to do it, and pointed out trivial knowledge that I didn't know basically."

Director Lee Chang-min said, "Personally, the house is important, but I think who lives in the house is important." "So, if you focus on the stories of the people living in the house, it will be much more interesting to watch." said

Director Chang-min Lee wishes to bring laughter and warmth rather than conveying a penetrating message through 'Monthly House'. Director Lee Chang-min said, "I never thought that I wanted to convey a great message when I was doing a drama. I just think that it is a drama that deals with the story of a person who smells like a human, and I still think that is true. He said, "I wanted the actors to act well on set. It was fun to be able to work with the actors personally. The filming period took about a year to produce. I wanted to show a lot of the actors' lives, and I wanted to give the viewers a lot of laughter. I had a lot of fun with the actors, so I hope the viewers also enjoy watching it.”

Our leads reuniting & chemistry:

On the other hand, Jung So-min and Kim Ji-seok reunited for the first time in 8 years after the one-act play 'Come to Me and Became a Star', and once again work together. Above all, the two have a lot of similarities to the extent that their MBTI (Personality Type Test) results are the same. It is the testimonies of the actors that the actual 'chemistry' is also good.

Jung So-min said, "I felt it when we were doing a one-act play together 8 years ago," and introduced Kim Ji-seok as an actor who cares for others. She said, "Because of oppa on set, he set the mood so that everyone was comfortable. Also, I was able to feel a lot of charm through this work that I couldn't feel before because the genre was completely different back then," she said. "Then I met oppa again,  and it was so much fun to work with him. Watching his reaction and acting was so much fun, I was looking forward to how much more fun it would be in the future.”

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Me too. He always plays warm & kind characters - fathers of many of the main roles. I think being the boss to JSM's character, he will have more screen time for sure.

-------------------------

Some excerpts from the press con I read on Naver

http://news.tf.co.kr/read/entertain/1868677.htm

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202106161351402510

NISI20210616_0000768057_web.jpg?rnd=2021

Director's focus:

It is a special point of 'Monthly House' to present a different subject matter of 'real estate'. Curious about how real estate will be introduced in the work and how it will unfold. Director Lee Chang-min said, "There is no villain in our work. However, for viewers, the real estate itself may or may not be a villain." He said, "I did not try to deal with the drama itself as heavily as possible. I tried to proceed in a way that showed me how to do it, and pointed out trivial knowledge that I didn't know basically."

Director Lee Chang-min said, "Personally, the house is important, but I think who lives in the house is important." "So, if you focus on the stories of the people living in the house, it will be much more interesting to watch." said

Director Chang-min Lee wishes to bring laughter and warmth rather than conveying a penetrating message through 'Monthly House'. Director Lee Chang-min said, "I never thought that I wanted to convey a great message when I was doing a drama. I just think that it is a drama that deals with the story of a person who smells like a human, and I still think that is true. He said, "I wanted the actors to act well on set. It was fun to be able to work with the actors personally. The filming period took about a year to produce. I wanted to show a lot of the actors' lives, and I wanted to give the viewers a lot of laughter. I had a lot of fun with the actors, so I hope the viewers also enjoy watching it.”

Our leads reuniting & chemistry:

On the other hand, Jung So-min and Kim Ji-seok reunited for the first time in 8 years after the one-act play 'Come to Me and Became a Star', and once again work together. Above all, the two have a lot of similarities to the extent that their MBTI (Personality Type Test) results are the same. It is the testimonies of the actors that the actual 'chemistry' is also good.

Jung So-min said, "I felt it when we were doing a one-act play together 8 years ago," and introduced Kim Ji-seok as an actor who cares for others. He said, "Because of oppa on set, he set the mood so that everyone was comfortable. Also, I was able to feel a lot of charm through this work that I couldn't feel because the genre was completely different back then," he said. Then I met oppa again,  and it was so much fun to work with him. Watching his reaction and acting was so much fun, I was looking forward to how much more fun it would be in the future.”

Thank you so much for explaining 🤗🤗

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I really enjoyed the 1st episode. Just when you think this is going to be a typical rom-com , it isn't either. The plot moved very fast and there were plenty of funny moments and some moments that you can feel for the characters in particular Na Young Won. She isn't clumsy or lazy or does anything for that matter that warrants her to be in the situation that she is in. She is , like everyone else, struggling in this stifling rat race and is stuck in a financial rut. Her story will strike a chord with the majority of the working class who are underpaid , overworked and forced to deal with  the never ending issue of inflation. That scene of her crying outside the police station after Ja Sung saved her from that intruder is not just  meant to evoke pity - it is meant as a reminder of the painful reality that many live with. 

Of course as expected of any classic rom-coms, Young Won and Ja Sung's initial introductions were filled with funny dramatic moments and the protagonists had less than flattering impressions of each other .  Young Won had a rough few months after losing her job and her rented place ( to which Ja Sung bought in an auction)  But as fate would have it , Young Won ends up working for Ja Sung after months of not being employed. Haha I was wondering for a moment why her interview went so smoothly and she was hired so quickly . No one wanted to work with the stingy poker boss from hell who took over the magazine so that he could use it as a tool to sell his real estate.

Since pride doesn't feed anyone, YW has no choice but to hold on to the job and write articles for Ja Sung to help him sell his properties. Yes she was pretty much a glorifed sales promoter. LOL...but anyway we were also introduced to other characters who work at the magazine including Mr 2nd Lead - Shin Gyeom who is an award winning photographer. Interestingly Ja Sung was his tutor ( so SG must be from a good family) and the two are like brothers. That was how SG ended up helping Ja Sung. 

As expected Ja Sung was depicted as  the prickly & stingy boss who cared for nothing but money. But as the episode progressed perhaps he isn't such a bad person. His thrifty ways are probably a result of not coming from a rich background and what he has now is due to his own hard work. But working hard is not enough as Na Young has shown. Ja Sung clearly got himself out of the rut and broke away from the low income trap and I believe that this is the area where he will educate Na Young in. And towards the end when he offered Na Young rental of  his spare apartment without asking for a deposit ( thankfully they didn't used a forced cohabitation trope here) and they showed that how empty his own place was, it somewhat helped soften how harsh he came across at first. 

So overall this show is promising in my opinion and I can see the chemistry between the leads. I was surprised at the tone towards the end since it went pretty dark after the initial lighter and comedic scenes. Very curious though who is at the door of this new place...what are the odds you will get intruders twice on the same night!

Preview ep 2

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

48 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I really enjoyed the 1st episode. Just when you think this is going to be a typical rom-com , it isn't either. The plot moved very fast and there were plenty of funny moments and some moments that you can feel for the characters in particular Na Young Won. She isn't clumsy or lazy or does anything for that matter that warrants her to be in the situation that she is in. She is , like everyone else, struggling in this stifling rat race and is stuck in a financial rut. Her story will strike a chord with the majority of the working class who are underpaid , overworked and forced to deal with  the never ending issue of inflation. That scene of her crying outside the police station after Ja Sung saved her from that intruder is not just  meant to evoke pity - it is meant as a reminder of the painful reality that many live with. 

Of course as expected of any classic rom-coms, Young Won and Ja Sung's initial introductions were filled with funny dramatic moments and the protagonists had less than flattering impressions of each other .  Young Won had a rough few months after losing her job and her rented place ( to which Ja Sung bought in an auction)  But as fate would have it , Young Won ends up working for Ja Sung after months of not being employed. Haha I was wondering for a moment why her interview went so smoothly and she was hired so quickly . No one wanted to work with the stingy poker boss from hell who took over the magazine so that he could use it as a tool to sell his real estate.

Since pride doesn't feed anyone, YW has no choice but to hold on to the job and write articles for Ja Sung to help him sell his properties. Yes she was pretty much a glorifed sales promoter. LOL...but anyway we were also introduced to other characters who work at the magazine including Mr 2nd Lead - Shin Gyeom who is an award winning photographer. Interestingly Ja Sung was his tutor ( so SG must be from a good family) and the two are like brothers. That was how SG ended up helping Ja Sung. 

As expected Ja Sung was depicted as  the prickly & stingy boss who cared for nothing but money. But as the episode progressed perhaps he isn't such a bad person. His thrifty ways are probably a result of not coming from a rich background and what he has now is due to his own hard work. But working hard is not enough as Na Young has shown. Ja Sung clearly got himself out of the rut and broke away from the low income trap and I believe that this is the area where he will educate Na Young in. And towards the end when he offered Na Young rental of  his spare apartment without asking for a deposit ( thankfully they didn't used a forced cohabitation trope here) and they showed that how empty his own place was, it somewhat helped soften how harsh he came across at first. 

So overall this show is promising in my opinion and I can see the chemistry between the leads. I was surprised at the tone towards the end since it went pretty dark after the initial lighter and comedic scenes. Very curious though who is at the door of this new place...what are the odds you will get intruders twice on the same night!

Preview ep 2

Wow...how beautifully you put all the thoughts in words 👏👏👏... Me still overwhelmed after watching the episode twice... might watch it again anytime soon in the night... I expected a lot n m not disappointed...m happy that it is how 1st episode should be... gripping, moving n touching at some momens...people want to come back for next...People want to see the progress... 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Yey! Finally, our long wait is over! I feel like I've waited so long even before its original air date in March. But yes, it's finally here! 🎉🎉🎉

From the very opening of the first episode, they already tackle the harsh reality of how the average working class citizen is bound to get stuck because of the measly salary increase, while the rich get richer through capital gains from their investments - in this case, housing and real estate. The opening really set the tone for me, especially with the infographics about the wages of different salary jobs in contrast with how much the value of real estate properties went up in just a couple of years. This gives us a general idea of Ja Sung's mindset and how he views housing as just a means to gain more wealth 

So far, Ja Sung's character isn't that bad. Because of his introduction, he didn't really come to me as too much of a jerk since his actions are somewhat justified. Yes, he can be stern and demanding, but already in the first episode, he's shown to have a heart. At least he's not one of those spoiled CEOs that is rich because of inherited wealth, or one that's overly lavish, or one that's just really really bad to his employees. So this'll be a bit different from the usual rich CEO main lead trope, which is a nice. 

I'm loving the rest of the cast as well. It's a relief that it seems that there won't be office politics and no hazing of any sort. NYW knowing Eui Joo and actually being close to her is a welcome surprise. NYW even has a fan among the juniors. Editor in chief Choi Go is exactly what I expected, and Sang Soon who'll probably be the most skeptical among them, isn't bad either. Shin Gyeom seems nice and I certainly didn't expect his character to be introduced like that. Him being close with Ja Sung is a surprise as well which will be a pretty interesting dynamic of relationships. WGJ might actually be a place I feel like I'd enjoy working at, compared to all the other workplaces portrayed in dramas, based on ep 1 at least 😄😄

And Young Won. Aahhhhh. I love her already.♥️ She's very feisty, passionate and determined. I can't believe she's challenged Ja Sung this much already. I laughed so hard when her toes eased up the first time she saw Ja Sung. 😄😄 It's funny that a couple of So Min's shows really has housing as the driving force of the plot. She's always getting evicted at the start and reaching rock bottom.

Ja Sung giving Young Won an apartment unit gave me mini goosebumps. Too much of Came to Me and Became a Star vibes. 😄 At least this time she accepts the unit and looks like she'll actually be moving in.

Anyway. I really enjoyed the first episode. Looking forward to the next one! 🏠😁

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Sominah @Warm Paws The 1st episode definitely surpassed my expectations. Rom-coms sometimes can be a hit & miss. So I am happy this turned out well. The ratings weren't too bad as well because they usually don't get the high figures the other genres get  ( averaging at close to 3.2%).

Cracked up at the latest stills ....Poor Ja Sung ...looks like his life is gonna see a drastic change with his new employees on board  - From pork slices to kimchi terror! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Sominah @Warm Paws The 1st episode definitely surpassed my expectations. Rom-coms sometimes can be a hit & miss. So I am happy this turned out well. The ratings weren't too bad as well because they usually don't get the high figures the other genres get  ( averaging at close to 3.2%).

Cracked up at the latest stills ....Poor Ja Sung ...looks like his life is gonna see a drastic change with his new employees on board  - From pork slices to kimchi terror! 

In recent dramas I only watched Vincenzo,  So I married an Ant-fan, and MRIAG until now m watching this...and in compare to all I didn't liked SIMAAF at all n dropped it (which I rarely do)... Vincenzo I find overtly hyped not satisfied with story as well as it's telling...MRIAG I watched only because of Somin and the 1st episode is not that impressive... and about MH,not being biased because of Somin but the 1st episode is really good... It sets your tone of the show in a very right direction... I don't know how it's going to progress but it shows and promises that it will be good ahead...the characters are so balanced, I was bit worried that comedy might be too wacky to be digest as I don't like too much loud comedy but  the proportions is perfect and justified... m so happy that this didn't disapoint me as an audience (not as Somin fan, as I like everything she does 🤭🤭🤭)... everyone from writer, director, DOP to cast everyone did so well, loved background music, waiting for OST to be released as it's sounds really good... they all deserve big round of applause👏👏👏👏👏... And yes somin did exceptionally well...each of her scenes are so good that she stays in your head after finishing the episode...loved that 🐀 scene in comedy as well as the police station scene where she says I will leave the house to landlady with that shaking voice...the frustratingly being pushover while assisting... the trembling hand outside the police station...and those flashbacks reasoning how her house gives her comfort after all the pain outside...in every scene she just won our hearts ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ... I always believed her choice of work until now and this seems to be going to be another piece of art... don't know about ratings yet... wishing for great numbers and great success... Next episode is airing in two hours...let's watch together  🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡 cheers....💜❤️💜❤️💜

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

This is a good pilot episode for a start. It's even better than my expectation, that build up from the trailers that I've seen. So Min always choose a good script that bring comfort to us common people as viewers. And she's definitely played the part so well to move our hearts.

My favourite scene also the same with @abs-oluteM, it's how despaired YW is, after the break in of her house by the tenant's son. She can't even pretend to be okay in front of him anymore, she's breakdown and pouring her heart to him. His reaction also quite kind and he even relented to give her room (the room suspicious though, and he seems knew about it maybe 😅). And I like how he protected her and kicked the son's tenant in one shot. It's so lucky to have him there, even it's really purely by coincidentally only. 

Overall I like the drama, as I always like hard working FL and grumpy ML bickering. Saw the photographer and I think this time I won't succumb to my usual SLS pattern 😅

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

38 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Finished work quite late and haven't had a chance to watch eps 3...but omoooooo look at the preview.

Watched 2nd episode n it's awesome... Loved it... loved everyone n every bit... My girl is wonder ❤️💜❤️💜 KJS is a surprise n there is full chances of getting SLS soon... Rocking Episode beyond words Enjoyed every second.🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Second episode was great too and I laughed hard at a number of scenes - the kimchi terror bit was funny and I kept thinking what a waste of kimchi . Gosh I love those beautiful homes in that Hanok Village - they will definitely cost an arm and a leg. 

This episode also explored the difficulties of home ownership through editor Nam's house subscription predicament. It is such a catch 22 here for him given that his chances of buying these homes can only be if he gets married but he feels very pressured to buy one before he does since he knows his potential in-laws look down at him for not having one. In fact throughout the episode you can see people's different attitude towards money/ savings. I giggled when Editor Yoo told Young Won that buying is saving! I am sure all us girls have been guilty of that. And Shim Geun the free spirit , lives for the moment  but then again he can since he has never had to struggle financially.

I was so amused that Ja Sung now has become her money conscience. Actually the advice he gives is pretty spot on ( ahahah stingy me will not be caught spending money on coffee too !) , and I particularly liked that she took his advice to heart to the point of joining a community for support. I love the bit that he wrote in the thread where she posted and gave her the encouragement that she needed. When she started narrating her own sad past, I was surprised to see how similar it was to Ja Sung's . So he clearly understood how hard she has had it , and at the end of the day he didn't have the heart to let her pay for the burnt armchair . He is a fair boss - once he realised that Young Won was protecting the other staff , he retracted his decision. 

While I doubt I would have SLS @Sominah , I  do appreciate SG being rather sweet and thoughtful and if Young Won was any younger , I would say he'd be the easier person to date.  But I find Ja Sung a lot more attractive even though he is so prickly and difficult to deal with at times. I always admire men who are self-made as they won't take things for granted. He will give her a sense of security , not so much because of his wealth,  but because he would help her find value in herself and push her to be better and smarter with her own finances. 

TBH I am surprised the romance is going to take off quite quickly - both male leads seem to have "fallen" for her. But that kiss in the preview so early on had me wondering if it was in her imagination or not . LOL. However something I have observed about this writer - she wrote two dramas I liked - Drinking Solo and A Poem A Day. She is quite good at driving the love triangle and she tends to do this : the FL is always kind & hardworking but struggling with finances,  her 1st ML is always a prickly character (but soft inside)  who is successful due to his own effort , and she knows how to get the viewers to have SLS.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

[Ep 1]

First off, here's some scenes/details that I liked from the first episode:

giphy.gif

Young-Won's toes easing up when he saw Ja-Sung was such a funny detail for me. It was absolutely unnecessary, but had so much impact. 🤣🤣

giphy.gif

I also like the first time they see each other. It really shows the disparity between Ja-Sung and Young-Won's current status in life. Ja-Sung standing proud and tall, Young-Won literally on the floor clinging for her life. 

giphy.gif

Kim Ji-Suk really nailed Ja-Sung's look in this scene while he was watching Young-Won eat. Even though ultimately, treating her to this restaurant was jus a tactic to get her out of the house while the movers cleared the house, Ja-Sung's look here made me feel that he can emphathize with Young-Won's situation because he's been through it before. Maybe that's why he ordered the extra pork slices even if he didn't have to. This is a big gesture especially since we see how frugal he is from the rest of the episode.

Bonus: I chuckled at this scene between Ui-Joo and Sang-Soon. I know a little bit about the mechanical keyboard hobby, so I totally get what happened here.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

[Ep 2]

You know, I'm really appreciating what they're trying to do with this show. It's like a lecture on life and adulting disguised as a romcom. First it teaches us a bit about investing in real estate and how earning through investing (in general) is different from earning through a salaried job. This episode it teaches us about saving. The key points here about saving are things that you'll hear from actual investing tips - be it from books, well known financial gurus, or anywhere from the internet. I'm someone that has looked into it before and have actually applied (and failed... but still trying) it on my spending habits. This show is a good reminder for me. Maybe for other people out there that hasn't given a close look at their spending habits before, this show might offer some actual real life tips. Maybe not entirely, especially since they just scratch the surface... but making someone realize that they're actually spending more than they need can be helpful to some. Maybe they'll be dealing with different life lessons for each episode? Maybe each episode of Ja-Sung's videos will be played in relation to the theme of the actual episode.

The scene with Young-Won in the bank really hits home. It really does feel like that when they try and explain something to you. It really goes to show how difficult it is to understand the financial world. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Different mindset for money are also shown in contrast, as @abs-oluteM mentioned already. I'm sure we will all identify in some way with one or more of the characters' way of handling money. Sidenote: the chairs that Shin bought don't look comfy at all for me. 😂

I kinda disliked the scenes with Sang-Soon this episode. Sure, it was added for laughs, but it just really made me feel so anxious. I don't think I'll ever be take someone seriously if they pressure you to give back their "gift". He even had the nerve to ask it back from his CEO. When Sang-Soon did go into Ja-Sung's office, I immediately thought why Ja-Sung isn't helping his employees that much, especially with his work and how he even does those videos. He doesn't need to meddle, but at least he can give some tips. I'm sure he even has good connections to help his employees find a house, after all that's what they do. 

The part where they had Young-Won narrate her life story, but they used Ja-Sung's flashback, was a nice touch. Gotta say, the way Young-Won does her monologues towards the end of the episodes is really giving me BTIMFL vibes. Speaking of ending, second episode and there's already great progress between the characters. I liked that Ja-Sung aka "Dragon" was the first to respond to Young-Won. I wonder how much they'll be interacting through that site and how long he'll hide his identity. 

@abs-oluteM I think you mismentioned @Sominah for @SilverMoonTea 😂😂 With how much both Ja Sung and Shin got close to Young Won already, and with your explanation about the writer's past work, it looks like the love triangle will be pretty strong in this show compared to other shows where it's heavily sided on the main lead. Exciting stuff. 😁

• Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

@abs-oluteM I think you mismentioned @Sominah for @SilverMoonTea 😂😂 With how much both Ja Sung and Shin got close to Young Won already, and with your explanation about the writer's past work, it looks like the love triangle will be pretty strong in this show compared to other shows where it's heavily sided on the main lead. Exciting stuff. 😁

aahaahh I was responding to Sominah's post before mine, but you are so right that I really should have tagged the Queen of SLS @SilverMoonTea :Ghastlel:

I enjoyed reading your observations. I agree with you about Sang Soon - it says a lot about his character if he expects people to return the gifts he's given them . Fake generosity is the worst - maybe its karma why he hasn't been chosen for the house "lottery" yet. 

1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

The part where they had Young-Won narrate her life story, but they used Ja-Sung's flashback, was a nice touch. Gotta say, the way Young-Won does her monologues towards the end of the episodes is really giving me BTIMFL vibes. Speaking of ending, second episode and there's already great progress between the characters. I liked that Ja-Sung aka "Dragon" was the first to respond to Young-Won. I wonder how much they'll be interacting through that site and how long he'll hide his identity. 

This was my favourite bit in eps 2 . And I like the idea of them communicating somewhat anonymously . At work there's that hierarchy that acts as a barrier for them to be themselves and have honest conversations. But here she gets to share her ups & downs without fear of judgement , and he in return can also comfort her and perhaps share his own true feelings too. His empty apartment bothers me because his financial success has not & cannot give him the emotional warmth he doesn't know he needs yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

aahaahh I was responding to Sominah's post before mine

Oh shoot. True, I somehow skimmed through @Sominahpost when I tried to look back about SLS. 😄😄 Maybe cause SilverMoonTea brought it up @SilverMoonTea

(Gah, sorry for the weird format, I can't seem to edit around the tags on mobile) 

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

His empty apartment bothers me because his financial success has not & cannot give him the emotional warmth he doesn't know he needs yet. 

True. And we do know who can bring that to him. Young-Won in contrast goes to make even that shitty room she first moved into as homely as she can. I can't believe she even painted the walls right after moving in. 😄😄 But even that room is more of a place to live in than Ja-Sung's penthouse. 

• Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
45 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Oh shoot. True, I somehow skimmed through @Sominahpost when I tried to look back about SLS. 😄😄 Maybe cause SilverMoonTea brought it up @SilverMoonTea

(Gah, sorry for the weird format, I can't seem to edit around the tags on mobile) 

True. And we do know who can bring that to him. Young-Won in contrast goes to make even that shitty room she first moved into as homely as she can. I can't believe she even painted the walls right after moving in. 😄😄 But even that room is more of a place to live in than Ja-Sung's penthouse. 

I want to give more reactions but chose to clap for the last sentence 😝🤭😁😀🤗😂🤣😍

• Haha 4