Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

and she knows how to get the viewers to have SLS.

Wow, so this drama writer targetting ppl like me 😆, dangerous! But so far I'm still holding my fortress. The photographer is quite sweet but he has less manly charm... and the way he just spend his money for camping chairs, blown my mind haha... 

Actually this drama rose quickly to my no 1 must watch first. Probably I like how realistic it was (buy coffee or save money😁), but in other way also have its dramatic moments (that kimchi slap & chair burnt, all not your everyday occasion).

So both ML seems have their own way try to get close to her. I guess both admiring her kindness despite of her sad & struggled life. One try to be Dragon and the other as 1 + 1 mate (lame, but I have to say very convenient 😅). I also think the kiss looks like only in her imagination, its a bit weird if he fell that quickly eventhough by now he already charmed by her unconsciously. 

Btw, I quite like Drinking Solo, and it was one of the drama that I finished and enjoyed thoroughly. I just knew its from the same writer. Thanks for the info AbsM. The romance on DS was done well, I still remember some of it, how they dance together for livestream, go for wine tasting, and he piggyback her. 

Spoiler

Btw just realize the same manager is also there haha...

> That handphone screen as disco light background, so extra lols

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@Sominah I am waiting for the kimChi terror BTS !

@SilverMoonTea yes I also chose to watch this 1st ( I had HPS2 & my cdrama but I ultimately clicked on this 1st) 

Mr YOLO 2nd lead’s spending habits cracks me up . But people with no money issues will spend like that . The cost of living in Seoul is really high & I don’t know how the average person survives 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Soul Sisters

IMG-20210619-111032.jpg

Guesting (😝😝) in ChaeJungAn' YT😂😂

Felt like she is way mature than ChaeJungAn😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Sominah said:

Soul Sisters

IMG-20210619-111032.jpg

Guesting (😝😝) in ChaeJungAn' YT😂😂

Felt like she is way mature than ChaeJungAn😂😂😂😂

This post is for another page 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Edited by Sominah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Sominah I am waiting for the kimChi terror BTS !

@SilverMoonTea yes I also chose to watch this 1st ( I had HPS2 & my cdrama but I ultimately clicked on this 1st) 

Mr YOLO 2nd lead’s spending habits cracks me up . But people with no money issues will spend like that . The cost of living in Seoul is really high & I don’t know how the average person survives 

Me too...  next is NaYoungWon drunk scene that's also hilarious.. waiting 😌😌😌

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Sominah I had no idea what they were talking about but I do like they were very comfortable chatting - clearly working together before means no awkwardness now. 

OST 1 with MV

Yes working together for some time that ease comes naturally also Somin is always very vibrant on set and with people around as we could see on BTS n all...she seems to have good bondings with lots of her co actors.

Thank you for this video 💜❤️💜 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
7 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

@Sominah I made something that probably fits you the most:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  laughed so hard... 

In the morning I was thinking what am I doing exactly??? I always watched JSM any updates repeatedly and played her songs n FMVs while working but since I was introduced to this very forum I am loudly talking about her participating all the time in all, never commented on any site before now started commenting on MMH iQIYI (though have given some thums up before in Netflix BTIMFL, MFIS n some other stuff which I really liked) , soompi. 

i have changed a lot n m thinking this is temporary or until MMH... But whatever n till whenever it is m going to love n support my girl forever 💜❤️💜❤️💜

Thank You for this good laugh I think I have lived very diligently n was an old woman at very young age(since pre-teen/teen..kinda thinker🤭🤭🤭😝😝😝) ... And now I am behaving like the self I wasn't...fangirling, spending so much time on social network (only stalking Somin related on IG) and this forum Janghaven (still don't know the meaning of it)... watching YT a lot...

Yes this is me since I joined this forum 🙈🙈🙈

• Haha 4

@Warm Paws that was super cute! Do you have a YT channel too where you edit videos?

I am so glad for your updates @Sominah.    I am so looking forward to the next episode.

Also the meaning of Jang Haven here

I found this IG handle which did some translations for the Singles video. It is in Indonesian but the IG owner did write some explanations in English for some cuts

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQaf68SDoTF/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQahowIDPtD/

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Warm Paws that was super cute! Do you have a YT channel too where you edit videos?

I am so glad for your updates @Sominah.    I am so looking forward to the next episode.

Also the meaning of Jang Haven here

I found this IG handle which did some translations for the Singles video. It is in Indonesian but the IG owner did write some explanations in English for some cuts

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQaf68SDoTF/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQahowIDPtD/

Thank you so much for the links u shared, and the meaning of Janghaven 👏👏👏🤗🤗🤗 Yes waiting for tomorrow 😌😌😌😌😌

• Heart Eyes 2
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Aaahh... As I matter of fact I do, but it's been exclusively for Lee Seung Gi x Jung So Min ship. I haven't updated since the ship sank and I'm currently at a loss what to update it with if any. The channel had a decent run though. Click here if you wanna take a peek.

@Sominah glad you like it. Hope they continue to release stuff in between episodes until the end (and beyond!).

And thank you @SilverMoonTea and @abs-oluteM for being the first two followers! 😆 I'm just testing it out cause it seems to be one of the easier ways to post clips here, especially if with sound. 

• Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SilverMoonTeaJSM so pretty , sure he will remember her . LOL!

There's actually a pre-released on Naver but not available for me

https://tv.naver.com/v/20924876

This is the translated article for it

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202106237261I

20210623102112_60d28c8879973_1.jpg

JTBC's 'Monthly House' pre-released a video foretelling the appearance of Jung So-min's ex-boyfriend. However, the situation in the video is not serious. Because it reminds us of a scene from the drama 'The World of the Married' and the movie 'Parasite'. (so it is a parody)

In the last episode of the JTBC drama 'Monthly House',  Na Young-won (Jung So-min)'s 'My House Project', Yu Ja-seong (Kim Ji-seok), who secretly supported her, and Shin-gyeom (Jung Geon-joo), who became convenience store mates with her started a triangular romance. However, the presence of the eternal ex-boyfriend (Kim Dong-young), who appeared in the video released before the 3rd broadcast today (22nd), reverses the atmosphere.

Young-Won is embarrassed when she encounters her ex-boyfriend at the house where she and Ja-Sung went to investigate. Unlike herself, who was still unable to get out of the monthly rent, he was the husband of a well-known architect and was living in a house that was good enough to arouse Ja Sung's  desire for investment. But for some reason, he grabbed hold of Young Won and begged, “Sister, can you please let me go?” Then he shouted, “It’s not a sin that love has changed.” Then, turning around saying, “I feel so sorry for your wife,” he pushed Young-Eun into the basement and locked the door.

Even in the short video, the most impressive line from the drama 'The World of the Married' and the parody of a scene from the movie 'Parasite' were shown, adding curiosity to the eventful day for Young Won. Young-won and Ja-seong,  entered the house without knowing it belonged to the famous architect (Shim-young) and her husband (and Young-won's ex-boyfriend),  It is also an expectation point whether Young Won, who was pushed into the basement, can escape safely.

The production team said, "Today (23rd), actors Shim Young and Kim Dong-young will make special appearances as a famous architect and her husband respectively ." 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

9 hours ago, Lin M said:

@abs-oluteM ah! So here he's her ex😅😅😅

Yes. I was surprised they'd bring an ex into the picture too . Fortunately it is just a cameo. I don't think I could deal with a love quadrangle! 

Gonna watch the episode now. But these are stills released of the scene just before the kiss in the preview

https://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1440091

1624428375259279.jpg

• Heart Eyes 2

Oh I am so confused now with the ending. I kept thinking this is way fast for the romance to take off , and the preview confirms it. I don't know what her reaction would be to that kiss but judging that she was pretty angry in the preview, I doubt anything has sailed yet right?

However, Ja Sung's actions in this episode could definitely be interpreted as him liking her; though perhaps maybe at this point it is more because he knows what she has gone through - her desire to save money & the unexpected encounter with the ex - he is being empathetic. Regardless whether they are signs of growing affections for her or not, I just thought the things he did were very sweet and I appreciated how much he tried to go out his way to help her save money. 

10 000 won per day isn't much money given the cost of living in Seoul, and it takes so much discipline to be able to do it . Honestly her colleagues are also one kind - trying to take advantage of the situation. I remember reading that the after work dinners & drinking in corporate Korea are part & parcel of its culture that is hard to not join or risk being ostracized by your work mates. So part of me sympathizes with her. Nevertheless , like Ja Sung's conscience , I really feel that Young Won should start standing up for herself. Learning to say no, it's not against the law.

But I agree with Ja Sung that Young Won is way better than her parasite ex as she is trying and she isn't mooching off someone. Well , I am not sure how the ex  was able to charm all these noonas into providing for him , but Young Won can certainly thank her lucky stars that he dumped her then. 

So with regards to this brewing love triangle , looks like  Mr 1+1 is finding ways to make it seem like he can relate to her. Not sure if I should think of that as a sweet gesture or not , but trying to act poor when you're clearly filthy rich , isn't very honest. His intentions aren't bad of course but Young Won would feel like she's a fool thinking that he is a "comrade" in this money saving journey. 

The mystery now is who is after JaSung? Who has he offended that would so badly want to kill him ? And is it related to the murder that took place where she is staying?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4