13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

They are supposed to be scary, and they aren't actually that scary in the drama and seeing them presented this way makes them funny and far from scary

I'm kind of a big baby, so I was clutching my pillows in some of the scenes where the monsters are having a go at HS and the others.

Seeing them in the BTS, they don't seem scary at all, however, late at night, if one came bursting through my door, I'm pretty sure I would have a freak out.

• Haha 5
3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm kind of a big baby, so I was clutching my pillows in some of the scenes where the monsters are having a go at HS and the others.

Seeing them in the BTS, they don't seem scary at all, however, late at night, if one came bursting through my door, I'm pretty sure I would have a freak out.

Any favourite memorable monster for you? Mine is blind monster with good hearing. He made me jumped (even on re-watch) few times. Mainly because I enjoy the thrills from watching his scenes vs the characters' reactions. What about you @abs-oluteM? You might have mentioned before but I've goldfish memory.

@Tofu When are you joining the bandwagon of visiting Sweet Home? :smile: Will you and @stroppyse be checking out Joseon Exorcist? I'm a little spooked (since it's evil spirits not monsters), but the preview and Dong Yoon looks too good to give it a pass.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have never really thought about which monster I like most @mademoiselle but I can tell you which monster disgusted me the most - the one with the flies ...:shocked2:

Anyway I am glad that @stroppyse is watching. yay! For me, it  wasn't so scary after awhile but I do get nervous for the characters every time the bell rang. What I do love very much about this drama is how the characters turned out to be better folks than what I thought them to be. I was just telling @40somethingahjumma when we were chatting how Kim Nam Hee's character ( Jae Hyeon) surprised me - when he 1st appeared in the early episodes talking about church etc I was expecting the show to stereotype him as one of those religious people that annoys you or perhaps he may even be from some cult or something. But over the episodes, his faith/ belief turned out to be a positive thing in how it gave him peace & confidence. He was very kind and a truly good person. I love his non-judgmental attitude and how he walked the talk - giving  up his life at the end for the rest. I am still very sad with what happened to him. While the show had many touching moments, that last bit of eps 8 hit me the hardest especially when you see the reactions of every one there. 

@mademoiselle I was too tired to watch eps 9 & 10 ...so I will do so now. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Tons of ninja cutting onions in  last two episodes. :letalQQ:That's how good this drama is because it brings you on this journey where you feel like you're part of the Green Home residents. So as they started turning , dying and or getting killed one by one, it felt as if someone you've come to care for leaves you. I started sobbing hard when Hyun Su had no choice but to kill that grocery ahjumma. And the tears didn't end there. There were some heroic type deaths from the crippled ahjussi to Sang Wook trying to save YuRi, and finally to my favorite but sometimes misunderstood leader, Eun Hyeuk. EH was turning too right? What was the catalyst? My heart sank in the last bits when he promised the sister he will come back safely knowing he wouldn't.

I was so angry at how these gangsters shot people without reason. Not that we should be shocked by now, but it really does drive home the point that some humans are worse than monsters themselves. I had a bad feeling about that Um Myeong guy and true enough he was nothing like Hyun Su despite him trying to brainwash HS into thinking the others were going to give him up. And in that final bit it looks like he has taken over Sang Wook's body right?

I know that Yi Kyung was in the Special Forces - but the last bit confused me - was she always secretly with them and so coming back to Green House was part of her assignment as a SF personnel? I thought she was allowed to come back so that she can expose the Special Infectee in exchange for info of her fiancee. I was surprised she donned SF gear at the end when they said the deal was cancelled. What was that?

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle, the spider monster was possibly the most memorable monster for me thus far. When HS tackled him to save the other residents, I knew HS would come out alive since he's the main protagonist, but the monster still looked freaky.

In general, though, I do have to say that they've been very creative with the monsters.

Still need to finish watching episodes. I needed a break from the sadness and tension. I agree with @abs-oluteMthat this drama shows how people are both better than we thought, but also sometimes worse.

Btw, I found the logic intriguing in terms of why when the residents voted, they didn't vote to kick HS out of the building. According to EH, it's because they projected themselves into HS' situation since there was no guarantee that they themselves hadn't already been infected.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I re-watched the finale episode this afternoon and bawled my eyes out too. Then I moved on to Misaeng, and still cry a little for Jang Geu Rae, LOL.

Sweet Home's storyline really tugs at my heartstring. Unlike the typical monsters/zombies shows we've been seeing recently which lacks depth and a good plot, this one has really good story and portrayed by a group of fantastic rising and veteran actors — which is the major reason why I love it so much and wished more Havenites/friends would check it out and not turned away by the scary monsters.

@abs-oluteM In response to your post above (contains spoiler):

Spoiler

Yes. Eun Hyuk stayed behind knowing he was exhibiting the symptoms. How awesome was that revelation (i.e. finding the family photo in the discman) and the close-up scene as the building crumbled? Before 18 Again, Lee Do Hyun is already this awesome. Love good looking Oppa who can act so well. As what was explained by those who has read the webtoon, the catalyst is Eun Hyuk's desire to protect.

Any thoughts on Song Kang's performance and/or Hyun Soo? He's a character that really trigger my desire of wanting to protect him (like how I want to protect the Brahms couple). His transformation was unexpected hence made it even more amazing when it happened. Ahjussi's sacrifice runs the knife into my heart and Hyun Soo breaking down like a baby into ahjussi was like the knife being twisted further into my heart.

The most plausible explanation is Um Myeong took over Sang Wook's body. Um Myeong is quite powerful himself, having the ability to regenerate fast (even ejecting bullets within seconds), which explain Sang Wook's scars are all gone.

Yi Kyung's situation wasn't clarified; however, she has been in the special forces before and changed her career to firefighter. I think she offered her service to the SF team (or vice versa) since she has proven herself to be very useful. Plus she probably negotiated some deals again with the SF, one of them had to be the safety of the Green Home residents and information of her fiance in exchange of her service, experience with the monsters (Hyun Soo & Um Myeong).

@stroppyse I hated the spider monster because I hate spiders in real life. I wonder what kind of desire turns someone into a spider?! Geez. Didn't find it scary but just doesn't like it at all.

@abs-oluteM True. The security guard with the flies is really disgusting. He just looks stinky and rotten.

56 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I found the logic intriguing in terms of why when the residents voted, they didn't vote to kick HS out of the building. According to EH, it's because they projected themselves into HS' situation since there was no guarantee that they themselves hadn't already been infected.

I didn't want to read the webtoon at the moment in fear that I might not enjoy it as much if there is a season 2 later. However the more we discuss the more I find myself wanting to know more about Sweet Home's characters and is curious what else is intriguing that hasn't been brought onto the screen. 

From what I gather, the webtoon readers said the webtoon is way wayyy better than the live action as it focuses a lot more on the characters. They also expressed dislike of the changes made to the live action, but most agreed if not comparing to the webtoon, as a standalone story, it is very well done.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Not sure if this has been posted here, and it's a bit off-topic, so in the spoiler. It's from Lee Si Young's TikTok.

Spoiler

Caption reads: Do not mess with me when eating.

Her character in Sweet Home is possibly not that far off from the real Lee Si Young? She's amazingly ripped and has boxed both amateur and pro. Definitely not one to mess with!

• Haha 3

Article from: https://www.koreaboo.com/news/lee-do-hyun-prediction-sweet-home-2/

Lee Do Hyun Revealed His Predictions For “Sweet Home” Season 2

He has some interesting thoughts!

In a recent interview with XSports News, rising star Lee Do Hyun revealed details about his hit Netflix drama Sweet Home. 

Many fans of the show are curious to know the fate of Lee Do Hyun’s characters, Eunhyuk. Apparently, the actor has wondered this himself:

"I received a lof of questions about the ending around me. I have also thought about what would happen to Eunhyuk considering that we’re not sure if his bleeding at the end was nose bleed or not. The building collapsed and I think I might have died."

It seems that the star along with the fans is just as unsure of his characters fate or the drama’s storyline at all:

"I’ve thought, if I did appear in the second season, would Eunhyung take off his glasses after gaining better vision from transforming into a monster. I think it would be good to also appeare as a monster like Pyeon Sang Wook so they can save people together. However, I’m not sure I will be apart of season 2 so I’m worried. If I’m not, then I will be dissappointed. I believe my appearance on season 2 will be decided by the director, but I certainly want to be apart of it."

With this in mind, Lee Do Hyun states that he believes his character might transform into a type of guardian angel.

"I believe Eunhyuk is a character that is only trying to take care of his younger sister Eun Yoo. When Eunhyuk makes an announcement advising all suvivors meet at the first floor, he was really making the announcement for his sister. Eunhyuk is a character that put down anything for his younger sister. So I think Eunhyuk would become Eun Yoo’s guardian angel like Young Soo’s father who turned into a slime monster."

On the topic of his character’s sister, Lee Do Hyun shared his thoughts on how the two are not actually siblings by blood.

"Although they are not siblings by blood, I still felt affection and brotherly love towards her. I would say I needed to guard her more. I think I was influenced by how much he loved his sister when Eun Yoo said he gave up medical school and took on part-time jobs to assure his sister was could continue ballet. Eun Hyuk really considered Eun Yoo as his family, even though they aren’t related by blood. I did hear some say we didn’t appear to be siblings, but I tried my hardest to act like her older brother."

Wrapping up the interview, Lee Do Hyun made sure to thank his fans and supporters of his work:

"Thank you to everyone who showed interest in me and supported me. It’s always in my heart to grow into a better actor for my fans who showcase their love for me. I want to be an actor who can show several sides to my acting through different projects. The character of Eun Hyuk was unlike the other characters I’ve played so far. I think the best praise I could hear is ‘You’re good at playing this type of character as well.’ I want to try a noir and also be in a movie if the opportunity comes."

--------------------------

It is possible he may not have turned as well...it could also be him getting injured by the falling debris. If they do have Season 2 , please somehow have him come back. You can tell they didn't kill off any of the main cast. Even Lee Jin Wook's body is resurrected...

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 7:24 PM, mademoiselle said:

So LSY is in your hub's Eonni list, @abs-oluteM? 😆

Don't think he has any Eonni list ...he does like some actresses but not to a point where he'd watch every show. Also he's not so much a fan of series unless it is something that can capture his attention like this one . He also likes The Uncanny Counter

On 1/7/2021 at 7:24 PM, mademoiselle said:

LSY & LJW both praised Do Hyun's emoting eyes. And if I understand correctly Do Hyun said he purposely kept a distant with them during filming...

This is why LDH is as good as he is ...he can convey a lot just by looking at his eyes. I like that he doesn't  need to overact .  He tends to use method acting where he truly inhabits the role

• Like 1