@Tofu I thought you have started watching with your sister? No? Don't give up!! It's the best drama of 2020!! Trust us all.

@abs-oluteM Have you seen the new Netflix promo video? So funny that there's one drama/series (not sure) which Do Hyun saw the preview of the girl biting the guy's lips - Song Kang cracked up upon seeing it and Do Hyun moves the phone closer to him and stare, then proceeded to describe what he saw and even make a sound effect ~ hahahahahahaha.

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I thought you have started watching with your sister? No? Don't give up!! It's the best drama of 2020!! Trust us all.

I'm currently on a drama break but also not really because I'm still watching Run On. :eeeee:I'm gearing up for all the February releases. I'll try to squeeze Sweet Home in before then, otherwise it'll never happen. Haha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sweet Home was nominated for 57th Baeksang Arts Awards for the following:

Best New Actor - Song Kang, Lee Do Hyun

Best New Actress - Park Gyu Young

Technical Award - Lee Byung Joo (visual effects) :Party01:

Sweet Home took home 1 award. Although Do Hyun technically was nominated for 18 Again, I'm sure Sweet Home was also taken into account (like how they did it for YSJ before).

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

Kind of glad I didn't see the first news...otherwise it'd be like first I went to heaven and God decided it was a mistake and kick me to hell. Tsk. I'm just gonna hang onto the hope that since there's rumour, it means they are cooking up something! That said, you can't film Sweet Home without Lee Do Hyun!!! :pandaroar:

• Haha 2
  • 2 months later...
On 7/9/2021 at 8:17 PM, mademoiselle said:

Kind of glad I didn't see the first news...otherwise it'd be like first I went to heaven and God decided it was a mistake and kick me to hell. Tsk. I'm just gonna hang onto the hope that since there's rumour, it means they are cooking up something! That said, you can't film Sweet Home without Lee Do Hyun!!! :pandaroar:

Not sure if the actual news will make you feel any better - there is NO Song Kang or Lee Do Hyun in the sequel???

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2
29 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Not sure if the actual news will make you feel any better - there is NO Song Kang or Lee Do Hyun in the sequel???

WHUT!!!! 

NOooooooo :PsyWhat: I'm devastated! They better not troll me. 

:KittyGun: I've been waiting for a sequel of the original casts and they do this?! Maybe it will be the story at the base camp that's why no Hyun Soo or Eun Hyuk... but no Eun Yoo too? She was part of the group rescued. ARGH. This can't be because they just announced Lee Do Hyun decline the Hunting Dogs drama so he now has time to film this. :cry:

Ottokae @abs-oluteM :letalQQ:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 1

@mademoiselle first things first ....is LDH's character even alive? That is still the million dollar question . Cause at the end it was (to me)  implied that he died? But I am hoping against hope he didn't and can return for this . However if Go Min Si's character does not return, his chances are even slimmer , it would be so weird. They will surely have to address it given they are siblings .

I wasn't particularly attached to SK's character ( though the drama anchored on his role)  but LDH, GMS  and Park Gyu Young's characters I liked a lot because of how they grew in the show. Now I have mixed feelings about recasting. But perhaps if like @Chocolate posted,  it could really be Lee Je Hoon, I may be able to accept. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Sweet Home” Reported To Return For 2nd Season With Lee Si Young And Park Gyu Young + Netflix Responds

Oct 6, 2021 by U. Kim

Netflix’s “Sweet Home” may return with a second season starring Lee Si Young and Park Gyu Young from the first season.

According to a JTBC News report on October 6, several drama industry representatives shared that the “Sweet Home” production team plans to film the second season during the upcoming winter. The news outlet states that Lee Si Young and Park Gyu Young are the only actors from the first season who will join the second season as well. The drama will reportedly be casting other actors to complete the cast lineup, with some actors already having confirmed their casting in the show.

Following the report, a source from Netflix stated to TopStarNews, “Nothing has been decided yet.”

In July, it had been reported that “Sweet Home” would be returning with actors Song Kang, Lee Jin Wook, and Lee Si Young for the second season, but Netflix had similarly stated that nothing had been decided regarding the production of the drama.

Based on the hit thriller webtoon of the same name, “Sweet Home” told the story of a high school loner who experiences terrifying events as humans suddenly begin transforming into monsters all around him after he moves to a new apartment building. The first season starred Song Kang, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Si Young, Lee Do Hyun, Park Gyu Young, Go Min Si, and more.

Source

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle first things first ....is LDH's character even alive? That is still the million dollar question . Cause at the end it was (to me)  implied that he died? But I am hoping against hope he didn't and can return for this. However if Go Min Si's character does not return, his chances are even slimmer , it would be so weird. They will surely have to address it given they are siblings .

I wasn't particularly attached to SK's character (though the drama anchored on his role) but LDH, GMS and Park Gyu Young's characters I liked a lot because of how they grew in the show. Now I have mixed feelings about recasting. But perhaps if like @Chocolate posted,  it could really be Lee Je Hoon, I may be able to accept. 

Hahahaha you asked me that so many times. It's up for interpretation. I can definitely see a way out of this if he were to return for Season 2. The writer of Penthouse can keep bringing every characters back from the dead, I don't see why Eun Hyuk can't survive but yes, you are right that if even Go Min Si doesn't return then S2 becomes a whole new side-story.

I won't discredit Season 2 yet for maybe they will cast equally good actors for it but I will whinge/wail until I see it is as good as Season 1. Hahahaha.

• Haha 2

“Move To Heaven” And “Sweet Home” Take Home Awards At 2021 Asia Contents Awards

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

The 2021 Asia Contents Awards has announced its winners!

On October 7, the third annual Asia Contents Awards took place, which honors dramas from Asian countries. Netflix’s “Move to Heaven,” which stars Lee Je Hoon and Tang Joon Sang, won three awards, including Best Creative, Best Writer, and Actor of the Year. Netflix’s “Sweet Home” won three awards as well, including Song Kang for the ACA Excellence Award and Go Min Si for Best Newcomer (Female).

For Actor of the Year, Lee Je Hoon said, “It was a great happiness just for me to be able to meet people in the role of Jo Sang Goo in ‘Move to Heaven,’ but now that I have the honor of receiving Actor of the Year, I am sincerely grateful. The director, writer, producers, actors, and crew members worked really hard in order to make this production happen. Finally, I want to thank the viewers as well.”

Yoon Ji Ryun, who wrote “Move to Heaven” and won Best Writer, said, “I was lost and couldn’t figure out why I should keep writing. When I had to write something, I thought that I wanted to share sincere grief for those who left this world while lonely and were not able to receive true comfort in their lives. I am grateful to Netflix, CEO Kim Min Young, the production staff, director, and actors for giving me this opportunity when I was about to give up. I am grateful for the people who told me that they wanted to live more fully and become better people after watching the drama.”

Song Kang said in a video message, “Thank you so much. 2021 was a very meaningful year for me. I am grateful to the directors, staff members, and cast members who helped me get to where I am today. Everyone, have a good year.”

After “Move to Heaven” won Best Creative, Tang Joon Sang said, “Even though I didn’t receive the Best Newcomer Award, I am honored and happy that a project that I appeared in has won such a big award. Thank you to the director, writer, CEO, staff members, and cast members. Thank you to the Netflix representatives and all the viewers who showed their love for ‘Move to Heaven.'”

Check out the full list of winners below!

Best Creative: “Move to Heaven” (Korea)

Best Asian TV Series: “Girl from Nowhere Season 2” (Thailand)

Best OTT Original: “The Long Night” (China)

Best Asian Animation: “Heaven’s Design Team” (Japan)

Best Short-Form/Web Drama: “Sheker” (Kazakhstan)

Technical Achievement Award: “Sweet Home” (Korea)

Actress of the Year: Song Jia (“A Love for Dilemma” – China)

Actor of the Year: Lee Je Hoon (“Move to Heaven” – Korea)

Best Writer: Yoon Ji Ryun (“Move to Heaven” – Korea)

Best Newcomer (Female): Go Min Si (“Sweet Home” – Korea), Koe Yeet (“Titoudao” – Singapore)

Best Newcomer (Male): Morisaki Win (“The Real Thing” – Japan)

ACA Excellence Award (Popularity Award): Song Kang (“Sweet Home,” “Navillera” – Korea)

Judges’ Special Award: “Hanzawa Naoki” (Japan)

Creative Beyond Borders Award: “Bad Genius: The Series” (Thailand)

source

• Party! 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

058q6_2f.jpg

B1A4's Jung Jin Young will reportedly join the upcoming second installment of "Sweet Home"

On December 27th, media outlets reported that Jung Jin Young will be added to the cast of the upcoming "Sweet Home 2." It was also reported that he will be one of the main leads on the upcoming season together with Song Kang and Lee Jin Wook

Jung Jin Young's agency BB Entertainment responded to the circulating news and denied all the casting reports. The agency stated that Jung Jin Young has never received an offer to join the upcoming Netflix original series "Sweet Home." They also clarified that their artist met with the director through a close friend but they don't have a direct relationship. The agency also shared that Jung Jin Young is currently reviewing several works offered to him as his next project after "Police University." 

An official from Netflix also gave their statement and denied the reports. The platform also stated that nothing has been decided yet on the new casting. 

The second season of "Sweet Home" is confirmed and some of the casts are already in discussion to return. Early this year, it was reported that Lee Si Young and Park Gyu Young are confirmed to return to the second season. Meanwhile, Song Kang's side stated last week that the actor is still in discussion about his return. 

The upcoming second season will still be helmed by director Lee Eung Bok ("Jirisan," "Mr. Sunshine," and "Goblin.")

"Sweet Home 2" will be part of the upcoming Netflix original series' list. Filming will reportedly begin in early 2022. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/b1a4-jung-jin-young-s-agency-responded-to-reports-of-his-participation-in-sweet-home-2

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...