The Uncanny Counter 경이로운 소문 [S1: 2020-2021] [S2: 2023]

Tofu

The Uncanny Counter 경이로운 소문

cq48Vk2.png

Alternative Title/Webtoon Title: Amazing Rumor

Director: Yoo Sun Dong (previously directed Vampire Prosecutor 2) 

Writer: Jang Yi (Webtoon) and Yeo Ji Na (until episode 12), Yoo Sun Dong (director helped with episode 13 after Yeo Ji Na left), Kim Sae Bom (episode 14-16)

Network: OCN

Episodes: 16

Release Date: November 28th, 2020 - January 17th, 2021

Air Time: Saturday and Sunday @ 10:30PM KST

English Subtitles: Netflix

Official Website: OCN

Synopsis

Based off the webtoon, Amazing Rumor, it tells the story of demon hunters named, "Counters". They each have their own supernatural powers. They disguise themselves as noodle shop employees in order to find and defeat demons who have come to Earth in the pursuit of eternal life. (Credit)

The Counters

6lTnfzr.png

Jo Byeong Gyu as So Moon

He is the only surviving child of an accident. He is living a tough life depending on his maternal grandparents.

He underwent several surgeries that were difficult for a child, he endured them but was not able to fully recover especially his leg which ended up limping. He wants to live as quiet as possible. However, because of the way he is walking, he is receiving too much attention.

iGmn3aG.png

Yoo Jun Sang as Ga Mo Tak

A powerful Counter. He is a former police officer who lost his memories in an accident 7 years ago and woke up after 6 months of coma. He can't stand injustice. He is the life teacher of So Moon. He is trying his best to get rid of evil spirits.

GhKBdLF.png

Kim Se Jeong (Gugudan) as Do Ha Na

With her special hearing ability, she can guess the location of evil spirits. She also has psychometry ability: she can read the past of people or objects but she can't read hers.

Elndj5r.png

Yeom Hye Ran as Cho Mae Wook

She is the only healer among the five Counters.

32VXPLO.png

Ahn Suk Hwan as Choi Jang Moo

He is the first Counter of Korea. He is a rich chairman.

(Character Descriptions Credit)

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

OST

Spoiler

Keywords to Know

Territory Shift - In general, the Counters' strength are three times stronger than the regular human being. Territory shift is when the energies of the divine and the human realms merge (creating waves), if they are fighting a demon in this territory, their strength increases to five times stronger. The amount of time it's active varies, can be a minutes to an hour. Once an evil spirit step into that, the energy shifts and the Counters will sense it right away (only if it's within a certain amount of kilometers)

Level One Demon - The evil spirit recently entered in a human body (host). The host doesn't sense that the evil spirit is inside them. They have not killed someone/eaten a soul so this is when they are the weakness and easiest to capture. 

Level Two Demon - When the host is able to sense the power of the evil spirit and go crazy, killing and eating souls. 

Level Three Demon - The evil spirit has eaten 4-5 souls. Sometimes an evil spirit can eat this many souls but not level up, that's because in order to get to level three, the host and the evil spirit must be compatible with each other. When they get to this level, they can talk in two voices.

Level Four Demon - When a level three demon evolve as a result of the host and the evil spirit becoming one. 

Blue Smoke - When you see a blue smoke coming out of a body, it means life. 

Black Smoke - When you see a black smoke coming out of a body, it means evil.

Green Smoke - When you see a green smoke coming out of a body, it means it was the spirit that was held captive by evil spirits. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I created this thread because I like Yoo Jun Sang and often enjoy watching his projects. I was also intrigued by this whole demon fighting/supernatural power premise too. 

I watched the first episode today and so far I liked it. It was a nice introduction to all the characters. I was really upset watching the scene with the school bullies. Bullying in school is such an issue in every country. When Ung Min said that the teacher said they would help them make up, it was your typical brushing it under the rug response. I was a little worried for So Moon because of his leg when he first tried to help, but he's right in what he told Ung Min. If Ung Min saw someone bullying him, he would have stepped in too. The three friends are so cute!

I loved this scene where his hair just starts perming on it's own. :laugh:

giphy.gif

I didn't like that the bullies took Ung Min and made So Moon come to save him (because they wanted to beat both of them up), but this scene was satisfying to watch when he stopped the punch. :pandapopcorn:

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

This is bad when I have too much time on my hands. I start watching way too many dramas and then have to figure out how to keep watching, or what to delay watching for awhile. Anyway, ended up starting this drama as well, and totally liked it.

It's hilarious! A team of demon-fighters, usually drawn from people who are in comas, and granted a chance to live instead by working for the Grim Reapers. And, they have really funny lines as well, making full use of homonyms to throw all sorts of puns. :laugh:

For instance, during the fight Ga Mo Tak asks the bully "Is that an apology meant to be eaten?" since the same word "sa-gwa" can mean apology or apple.

Except for So Moon who is not in a coma state, but has a lot of the right energy that they need to be a Grim Reaper Demon Hunter! However, he turns down the chance to be a part of the team because there is a chance he could die while being on the team, and he's determined not to die on his grandparents since he saw how devastated they were by the death of his parents.

However, after that brutal fight with the bullies in the school gym, where he could see that there are people who are willing to kill even without the supernatural elements, SM is going to be a part of the team. Especially after he was able to save that little boy's life. As a bonus, his leg is healed so that he can walk normally and more importantly run again.

Wonder what was going on with Ga Mo Tak and SM's father? It felt as if they were detectives together or something who had uncovered something illegal? Anyway, enough so that GMT was thrown off a roof and a truck deliberately ran into SM's family car in order to kill the parents. GMT can't remember his previous life because of his head injury, but since he thinks SM looks familiar, I assume GMT's relationship with SM's father will come to the fore at some point.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

This drama's initial episodes have such a comic book feel to them, but that's pretty fantastic. The fight scenes are hard to watch, but have satisfying conclusions. And that's one of the things about dealing with supernatural heroes. In addition to having certainty about who the heroes and villains are, you also don't have to wait for the law to administer just punishment. Rather, there are other means to set wrongs right.

As far as being an origin story for SM, the drama is doing a good job of laying it out step by step so that we go on the journey with SM, even as we get bits of the other team members. And, I have to say that the team is rather fantastic as well.

From the motherly Mae Wook whose specialty is healing to the aloof Ha Na who specialty is catching scent of the demons to the cynical Mo Tak who is the best fighter and now the newbie So Mun whose specialty may be doing composite sketches of the demons that they're hunting, they make a formidable team of demon hunters.  Looking forward to seeing more of this team and their world.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

This is bad when I have too much time on my hands. I start watching way too many dramas and then have to figure out how to keep watching, or what to delay watching for awhile. Anyway, ended up starting this drama as well, and totally liked it.

Isn't that always how it happened? I swear that's how I end up watching so many dramas at the same time. :pandasadspoon:

For instance, during the fight Ga Mo Tak asks the bully "Is that an apology meant to be eaten?" since the same word "sa-gwa" can mean apology or apple.

Ahh, that's pretty clever.! I was wondering if there was another meaning when he was asking that. This is what happens when you don't understand the language and rely on subtitles. Thanks for pointing that out! :pandachamp:

Moon's reason to not join the Counters was really sweet. His relationship with his grandparents warms my heart. I love that even though his grandma does not recognize him and blames him for his mom's death, he is not discourage by it. He continues to do whatever he can for her. I love that his grandma was so happy to hear about his leg even though she doesn't remember him. It was so endearing to watch.

I think Moon is quite the thinker, though. When he was eating his noodles after running, he was tearing up a bit. Mae Wook asked if it's because he was happy about his legs, his response was that he felt bad for his parents -- grateful that he is able to experience this happy moment but regretful that he can't share it with his parents. I wonder if his condition will be granted by Wigen, that he will get to meet his parents?

Wonder what was going on with Ga Mo Tak and SM's father? It felt as if they were detectives together or something who had uncovered something illegal? Anyway, enough so that GMT was thrown off a roof and a truck deliberately ran into SM's family car in order to kill the parents. GMT can't remember his previous life because of his head injury, but since he thinks SM looks familiar, I assume GMT's relationship with SM's father will come to the fore at some point.

Yeah, it seems like the case they were working on had to do with uncovering something illegal. The only explanation I can think of (based off years of K-Drama watching experience) is that whatever the illegal thing is, it's probably connected to some wealthy and powerful person. I hope Mo Tak is able to regain his memory at some point -- speaking of memories, since Ha Na is able to read people's memory, I wonder if she's tried to read Mo Tak's. I can't remember if it was mentioned already, but if she has, was she not able to recover anything? And if she's not able to, why is that? 

ADoEBtc.png

I agreed that their "Eonnie Gang" is really great. Mae Wook is the motherly one and probably the glue that holds them all together. I love the scene where Ha Na and Mo Tak are so straightforward with asking Moon about joining and Mae Wook is hitting them telling them not to rush him. Haha! Even when they were recusing the little boy and his mother, she console the boy's mother. 

I actually thought it was cute that Mae Wook made them take a family photo once Moon decided to join. In general, I think I have a sweet spot for whenever taking family photos are shown in dramas. In reality, we do not take many photos with our family so whenever there's a scene like that, it makes me smile. 

Spoiler

n30eFgQ.png

OGKeGdp.png

lF7GU7h.png

cbL2LpF.png

Going back to the running comment I mentioned earlier, Mae Wook healing Moon's leg was really nice. I hope this healing is not tied to him being a Counter. I hope that Moon's leg is permanently healed. I absolutely loved the scene of him being so happy that he ran and continue to just run throughout the episode. (Picture of his injured leg in the spoiler tag)

Spoiler

0mhuJvz.png

By the way, it's worth noting that Moon has the best friends ever. Both of them are willing to do anything for him, protecting him from everything. I also like that the "superhero" they created somehow came true with the Counters. 

Spoiler

mUXyKqn.png

I'm glad that Moon stood up to the bullies at school; however, based of the preview for episode 3, it doesn't seem like the end of it. I wonder if helping out his friends will fall into one of the three rules Wigen said he can never do (e.g. cannot use power for revenge, cannot meddle in human affairs, and cannot tell anyone he is a counter)?

Some keywords from the drama that may come in handy later on...

Territory Shift - In general, the Counters' strength are three times stronger than the regular human being. Territory shift is when the energies of the divine and the human realms merge (creating waves), if they are fighting a demon in this territory, their strength increases to five times stronger. The amount of time it's active varies, can be a minutes to an hour. Once an evil spirit step into that, the energy shifts and the Counters will sense it right away (only if it's within a certain amount of kilometers)

Level One Demon - The evil spirit recently entered in a human body (host). The host doesn't sense that the evil spirit is inside them. They have not killed someone/eaten a soul so this is when they are the weakness and easiest to capture. 

Level Two Demon - When the host is able to sense the power of the evil spirit and go crazy, killing and eating souls. 

Level Three Demon - The evil spirit has eaten 4-5 souls. Sometimes an evil spirit can eat this many souls but not level up, that's because in order to get to level three, the host and the evil spirit must be compatible with each other. When they get to this level, they can talk in two voices.

Level Four Demon - When a level three demon evolve as a result of the host and the evil spirit becoming one. 

The drawings of the demon in episode one, hahaha!

5K6nByP.png

Cute photos of our Counters, minus Moon.

Spoiler

mdGKDVy.png

lqjrqxk.png

4bANFUf.png

lTkm0hm.png

This is part of the intro, I thought was really cute. 

giphy.gif

Lastly, I would like some eonni noodle soup and the food Moon and his friends were eating looked good too!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

0jlfaeV.png

Haha, sorry for the super long post! :pandapopcorn:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

agreed that their "Eonnie Gang" is really great. Mae Wook is the motherly one and probably the glue that holds them all together. I love the scene where Ha Na and Mo Tak are so straightforward with asking Moon about joining and Mae Wook is hitting them telling them not to rush him.

I love that scene! Especially with Mae Wook smacking Ha Na and Mo Tak for being too straightforward. LOL

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Going back to the running comment I mentioned earlier, Mae Wook healing Moon's leg was really nice. I hope this healing is not tied to him being a Counter. I hope that Moon's leg is permanently healed. I absolutely loved the scene of him being so happy that he ran and continue to just run throughout the episode.

It was a permanent heal rather than a conditional heal, even though, initially Mae Wook was holding that out as a bit of a bribe for SM to join. However, after she fixed the broken bones of the bullies, she decided that she should fix SM's leg as well. Mae Wook is a true healer.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Lastly, I would like some eonni noodle soup and the food Moon and his friends were eating looked good too!

The eonnie noodle soup looks fantastic, though noodle soup is about the broth as much as it is about the noodles. As for the food that SM and his friends eat, that's rabbokki, which is ramen and ddeokkbokki together. Looking at the pictures of food makes me hungry. Yum!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 11/29/2020 at 9:03 PM, stroppyse said:

It was a permanent heal rather than a conditional heal, even though, initially Mae Wook was holding that out as a bit of a bribe for SM to join. However, after she fixed the broken bones of the bullies, she decided that she should fix SM's leg as well. Mae Wook is a true healer.

I'm glad that it's a permanent heal. I was afraid that it would only be temporary and that made me a bit sad thinking about it. 

This episode had a few development. Moon's self restraint was tested at the beginning when they were fighting a level two (?) demon. He was able to see that this demon killed two people in his neighborhood and continue to hit him until they became nonresponsive. I'm glad that the other counters were able to stop him before he killed the person. It's was good to know that if you accidentally kill the host's body, all the souls that the demon ate are not able to go to the afterlife. 

Mo Tak started looking into his past when he learned of Moon's father's name. I'm interested to see how this uncover throughout the drama. It seems like whatever it is, it was covered up by someone. Who is this persona and why did Mo Tak and Moon's father had to pay with their life?

One of my favorite scene in this episode was Moon's friends asking to walk so they can watch. It's such a genuine scene and I absolutely love their friendship. :heart:

I'm starting to dislike watching the scenes with the school bullies. I feel like my blood is boiling every single time I watch it because I have a hard time being ok with people who purposely treat others this way. I don't care what kind of difficult situation you're in, this is not how you treat other people. :pandarage2:

By the way, I love when Moon is introduced to the fifth counter, he called himself the counter's "sugar daddy". Hahaha!

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteM - Thanks for posting that! I'm happy to see that it's doing well.

It seems like in episode 4, Moon broke one of the rules he was given when he became a counter. I wonder what kind of situation he put Wigen in by doing that?

Going back to the school bullies, I realized that I was more upset with them in this episode than I was in the last two episodes. Mental health is so important and being bullied during the most important years of your life, during the time that you're discovering yourself, really affects you in many ways. I hate that in one scene Moon's female friend is telling a student, who was bullied, to continue telling the teacher, to continue speaking up for themselves. Why does someone need to repeat themselves? Why can't it be taken seriously the first time around? A little random, but also still on topic, earlier this week, Nike Japan released an ad on bullying and racism. It was met with so many negative feedback. I guess because the topic is a bit of a taboo in Japan, I understand why the feedback was like that; however, these types of videos are what's needed for everyone to move towards a society where the color of your skin shouldn't define your worth as well as promote an environment at school where bullying is not tolerated. The Nike Japan ad can be found in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

I don't condone violence but I thought what Moon said at the end was outstanding. I wished everyone had a Moon in their school. Someone who is willing to stand up to the bullies for everyone. :heart:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu, if you hadn't brought this drama to my attention, I honestly don't know if I would have watched it, so I just want to really thank you. This drama is so good! It's a blend of so many genres in a fantasy wrapper with some strong social commentary, but most importantly, it tells an engrossing story with engaging characters that make me want to know more about them and raise expectations for the drama to reveal it all to us viewers eventually as the story unfolds.

Episode 3 thoughts. The friendship between So Mun, Ju Yeon, and Eong Min is so sweet! The friends' delight in So Mun being able to walk and run felt so profound.

The bully scenes. When SM is schooling the bullies in the school, couldn't help but cheer him on. Also, those bullies were massive! The spiteful rich kid with his need to bully others, probably because he doesn't get any attention at home so feel's the need to be a "big man" any way he can outside of the house, is just pathetic, but his money and his position as the son of a rich family apparently continue to give him lackies and the ability to engineer wholesale kidnappings of his fellow students. It was hard to watch the closing scene as JY and EM have been beaten up. I know that Ajumma can heal them if she needs to, but still so hard on SM.

I liked Ajumma's read on how evil spirits don't really make a good person evil, but rather they go looking for weak people who would be susceptible to being evil. It's an explanation of how if one is determined to be good, that is a stalwart against an evil spirit, rather than having everyone vulnerable to evil spirits all the time, and thus being at the mercy of evil spirits looking for bodies. It means that people still have some responsibility for their actions, even if those actions are made so much worse by an evil spirit who doesn't care anything at all for others or society.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Mo Tak started looking into his past when he learned of Moon's father's name. I'm interested to see how this uncover throughout the drama. It seems like whatever it is, it was covered up by someone. Who is this persona and why did Mo Tak and Moon's father had to pay with their life?

I thought it was interesting that MT had been warned about not using his powers for personal revenge, and that ultimately, he was told to choose between having his memories erased and continuing to be a Grim Reaper or returning to a comatose state. It explains why MT has lost his memories from before. i also wonder what will happen now that MT has gone looking into the past again, even though it's for SM's sake this time rather than his own.

Also wondering about the coverup. Given that thugs have the run of the station, it's definitely been covered up at the request of someone either wealthy, political, or both, especially since they are significant enough that the senior police officers are allowing it to happen. Curious to know whether it's the rich bully's father perhaps?

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I hate that in one scene Moon's female friend is telling a student, who was bullied, to continue telling the teacher, to continue speaking up for themselves. Why does someone need to repeat themselves? Why can't it be taken seriously the first time around?

I mostly agree with you. and feel for kids who have to screw up their courage to report even one incident much less have to talk to teachers and others about it again and again. But, I'm also hesitant because I can see teachers not wanting things to blow up into major events, especially if it's a case of kids being kids. I think most kids and their families just want the best for their children, however, some kids are spoiled and coddled, and some kids do make hasty accusations that they might not mean to go all the way to a full blown incident.

I think being a teacher and having to figure out conflicting stories and trying to figure out the appropriate responses must be a hard one. I'm not excusing those teachers who may be indifferent to their charges and/or only focus on kids with significant families behind them. That's just wrong anyway. Just saying that issues between kids may not always be straightforward. However, a child who is being bullied saying he or she is being bullied should get extra attention from the teachers, at least. Teachers don't always know what is going on amongst the students unless the students being it to their attention, especially if the teachers are overworked.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

A little random, but also still on topic, earlier this week, Nike Japan released an ad on bullying and racism. It was met with so many negative feedback.

Thanks for the video. I know that Nike is a corporation who have committed a number of sins as well in terms of promoting their products, but I think it's good that they are willing to weather some controversy in order to bring social topics to air and perhaps raise some awareness and discussion. The rest in spoiler since it doesn't really have to do with this drama.

Spoiler

Racism and bullying in Japan, especially against mixed blood youngsters, has been a problem of concern for a long time. Perhaps it's because I do watch Korean news from time to time, and they talk about half Korean-half Japanese children, both in the Korean society and in the Japanese society since both societies can be rather racist.

Anyway, there have been cases of half-Korean children being killed or driven to suicide by bullying. In the Nike video you posted, one of the girls is wearing a hanbok and later has the name on her track suit crossed out with "Kim" written over it.

Give the influx of foreigners into these relatively homogeneous societies as well as an increase in children of mixed blood, it's raised the question in both countries of what it means to be a Korean or a Japanese, and how important is "blood purity" to being a member of their respective societies.

Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying this drama, and I'm happy to see that it's gaining a viewership. I think this is one of the dramas that I am eager to watch as soon as the episodes drop.

• Like 8
  • Clapping Hands 1

Oh my the scenes where the evil spirit is banished to nothingness and drowned by zombie like people are scary. It reminds me of inferi scenes in Harry Potter franchise. I'm glad that I watch this on the middle of the day, not at night. I remembered I almost jumped out from my seat when I watched that inferi scenes at the cinema when I watched HP movie 6 because I was so shocked.

Even though I'm wincing when I watch the fighting scenes or when the evil spirit did their bad deeds to other people, I'm glad that so far our counter team are able to fight them off and helped people. I really hope what Ms Chu says when they are taking pictures for the team that no one in this team will be hurt anymore, isn't some kind of bad premonition :(. I really like their family dynamic relationship. Mo Tak as the grumpy father but actually kind, Ms Chu as the mother, Ha Na as the big sister and Moon as the adorable youngest son. :duckhearts:

I look forward in seeing the background story for Ha Na and Ms Chu become a counter. Ms Chu said she used to be a photographer and she has a son. I wonder what happened to her family when she fell into coma and when she woke up and become a counter. As for Ha Na, I'm guessing that she might be a victim of assault (or worse) that might explained her distaste in being touched by others, other than for the reason that she didn't want her memories to be read by other counter. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

This drama is definitely not for the faint of heart. The actions of the demon-possessed Shin are terrifying, especially as it revels in the pain and horror it inflicts. As a drama, it can't show too much on screen which is a good thing, but even the implications of what is being done and how it's being done is scary.

Episode 4 was so good. The resolution of the fight with the bullies was satisfying as the Chairman, the keeper of the funds for the counters, comes to SM's aid at the police station, after HN has clearly called him in. It's an acknowledgement that it can take money and power to get those in authority to do the right things, as the Chairman scolds the teacher and the cops, and insists on a proper investigation into the actions of the bullies. It's only with that kind of power that the bullies' den at the school is finally closed down.

Mayor Shin, the father of the rich brat, is clearly shady himself, and may have something to do with the killings in 2013 or at least with covering it up.

Interesting to meet the heavenly counterparts to the counters. We had already met WiGen who is SM's, and GiRan who is MT's. This time we meet Soo Ho who is MO's. However, it seems that Soo Ho may also be the dead son of MO's from SooHo's conversation with WiGen? @LaLa, what do you think?

The only one we haven't met though we've seen him now is the child who is probably the partner to HN? Can't wait to find out more about HN.

It's concerning though that the year 2013 deaths file is missing from the Afterworld's records. Are they trying to imply a corruption in heaven, or that a rectification is being allowed for MT and SM into the incidents from 2013? Not entirely sure how to take that right now, but am willing to wait for the drama to show us. In a Christian heaven, I don't think corruption would be conceptually allowed, however, in the Afterworld of this drama, it seems that rules can sometimes be bent and exceptions made.

Anyway, bringing down the Demon Shin may also mean that MT and SM aren't punished too severely for tackling this case, even though MO is right in that the case doesn't seem to directly involve catching demons.

Looking forward to episode 5! Nice sharing a thread again @jeijei!

• Like 7
51 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Interesting to meet the heavenly counterparts to the counters. We had already met WiGen who is SM's, and GiRan who is MT's. This time we meet Soo Ho who is MO's. However, it seems that Soo Ho may also be the dead son of MO's from SooHo's conversation with WiGen? @LaLa, what do you think?

That was exactly what I thought when I watched the scene between wigen and sooho. I thought he was healer counter Ahjummas son when he said he did the same to his mom.

I love how this drama is written. It’s got me laughing and crying in a span of minutes and love all that societal topics this drama addresses all throughout.

I picked this drama up on a whim when I saw it on Netflix to help with the ddsslls void and am so glad I did!! I’ll be looking forward to it every week! 

also! Can you believe the actor that plays motak is 51?! His body was unreal. I can’t imagine the strength and discipline he must have to have made his body like that! I’m so impressed. I have no excuses!

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

I picked this drama up on a whim when I saw it on Netflix to help with the ddsslls void and am so glad I did!! I’ll be looking forward to it every week! 

Yay! So glad that you're watching this drama as well! It does fill the DDSSLLS void even if it's a totally different genre and style of drama. The story is very satisfying so far, so let's hope they don't ruin it in the final stretch.

1 hour ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

also! Can you believe the actor that plays motak is 51?! His body was unreal. I can’t imagine the strength and discipline he must have to have made his body like that! I’m so impressed. I have no excuses!

I knew he was a veteran actor, but no idea he was 51. Wow! His body is so ripped! And, love the montage of him working out, his body glistening only for ajumma MO to come in, casually remark on his body, but then start nagging him. LOL

• Like 6