Josee 조제 [Movie 2020]

abs-oluteM

nwqds2Q.jpgThis will be the second time that both Nam Joo Hyuk and Han Ji Min are working together. If you have seen The Light in Your Eyes , one of my favourite dramas from 2019 ( you will be in tears from start to finish) , you will know that these two have very good chemistry. I can see why they have been casted together again for this romantic melodrama. 

Synopsis::hearties:

A small city on the outskirts of Seoul. Young-seok, a university student nearing graduation, comes across a woman in the street who has fallen from her wheelchair, and helps her back home. She ends up feeding him a simple meal and he develops a vague curiosity for this woman who introduces herself as "Josée". From this time on Young-seok occasionally stops by Josée's house, receiving free meals and getting to know this woman who reads a lot, has a comprehensive knowledge of whiskey, and tells him stories, which he's not sure are true. Gradually, they come to share an unforgettable love.

Starring: Han Ji-Min, Nam Joo-Hyuk

Directed By: Kim Jong-Kwan

Writer: Kim Jong-Kwan

Producer: Lee Joon-Sang

Cinematographer: Jo Young-Jik

Genre: Romance, Drama

Domestic Release Date: December 2020 -

In Singapore, Golden Village Pictures will premiere the movie on the 10th of December 2020.

All pictures and information here with credit and permission from Clover Films and Golden Village Pictures, Singapore

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Synopsis

She asked him to call her Josée.
From the day he first met her, he would never forget that name.

In a house where she lives with her grandmother,
Josée reads books, dreams, and lives in a world of her own.

After meeting her by chance, Young-seok starts to feel
something special for her, and they slowly draw closer.

But Josée's first taste of love brings both pleasure and pain,
and she pushes away the unfamiliar emotions that crowd in on her.

I'll remember
all of these moments with you

(All pictures and information here with credit and permission from Clover Films & Golden Village Pictures, Singapore)

Main trailers - subbed 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Character & Cast

The woman who lives in her own world, Josée

“I remember the sound you made when you walked towards me.”

u9m2ix2.jpg

Living in a home with her grandmother, Josée inhabits a world of her own creation. One day when she ventures out on her own, an unexpected situation occurs, and she ends up accepting help from Young-seok. From that day on, Young-seok starts to stop by her house occasionally, and a change begins to take place in her world. Josée, who has always been alone, and Young-seok, who comes into her presence... The time they spend together is happy, but at the same time, this change is unfamiliar and unsettling.

CAST Han Ji-min
In TV dramas like Familiar Wife, The Light in Your Eyes and One Spring Night, HAN Ji-min has earned her title as a queen of melodrama. With the film Miss Baek, she won multiple acting awards at local and international festivals, gaining recognition for the range of her acting skills. This winter in Josée, she displays a more mature emotional tone. In her portrayal of Josée who lives in her own world, HAN Ji-min expresses the changes wrought in her character by the onset of love through subtle shifts in her eyes and expressions, all the while exuding an unfamiliar but special charm. NAM Joo-hyuk said of his co-star, "I think she has an amazing strength in her gaze. I could feel that she’s the perfect Josée from the very start of the film".

Filmography
Films: Miss Baek (2018), Keys to the Heart (2018), The Age of Shadows (2016), etc.
TV Dramas: One Spring Night (2019), The Light in Your Eyes (2019), Familiar Wife (2018), etc.

(All pictures and information here with credit and permission from Clover Films & Golden Village Pictures, Singapore)

• Like 1

Character & Cast

The man who enters Josée's world, Young-seok

“I'll stay by your side”

RmZcz0h.jpg
The university student Young-seok passes time in an ordinary way, without anything particularly new or exciting in his life. Then one day,  Josée appears before him. After meeting her by chance in the street and helping her out, he ends up going to her home and eating with her. Her home is filled with used books, old photographs and dusty whisky bottles... Josée, who is as unusual and distinctive as her name, strikes him as different from other people. In this way he becomes more and more curious about her, and eventually develops feelings for her.

CAST Nam Joo-hyuk
The trendy star NAM Joo-hyuk has made his presence felt across multiple platforms, from the blockbuster film The Great Battle to TV dramas The Light in Your Eyes and Start-up, to the original Netflix series. The School Nurse Files. In Josée he plays a university student nearing graduation who with his honest nature falls in love with Josée and comes to evolve into a more mature person. His costar HAN Ji-min says, "NAM Joo-hyuk is a warm person, very similar to Young-seok. I was able to feel much more comfortable on the set thanks to him."

Filmography
Films:  The Great Battle (2018)
TV Dramas: Start-up (2020), The School Nurse Files (2020), The Light in Your Eyes (2019), The Bride of Habaek (2017), etc.

(All pictures and information here with credit and permission from Golden Village Pictures, Singapore)

• Like 1

Filming location and production notes:

The seasons and spaces experienced by Josée : The deeply impressive visual adding a deeper emotion to this unusual love story

jWGsCw5.jpg

The distinctive feel of this story, covering the development of a love from first meeting to separation, was created in part by an emphasis on setting the drama within realistic spaces. In particular, Josée's house where the two main characters spend much of their time together was planned from the outset as a sort of character in itself. The filmmakers set the action in a neighborhood adjacent to the sea, and searched for a single-story home in the style of 1980s Korean architecture that would be colored dark by the sea air. After searching across much of the country, they were able to find a home in Mokpo that contained the feeling they were looking for. For the interior of the house, they fashioned a space and a lighting concept that would match the feel of Josée's lifestyle, including creating a layout that made it easy for her to move around and reach objects without a wheelchair. Together with added props such as used books, empty whisky bottles and furniture, the space in which she lives expresses something of the tastes of Josée.

For the other locations that Josée and Young-seok visit, the filmmakers searched out spaces with an analogue feel, including a used bookstore in Osan, an amusement park near the ocean in Sapgyoho, and an aquarium. Not only that, location shooting was carried out in Scotland, the place where Josée dreams of going, creating a striking contrast in setting from the rest of the film. There was also an effort to set the drama against the changing of the seasons, so that Josée and Young-seok's evolving emotions are reflected by the transition from autumn to winter to spring. The falling leaves of autumn, the accumulated snow of winter, and the cherry blossoms of spring form a beautiful backdrop to the subtle emotional trajectory of the film's characters.

LP54oHJ.jpg

zjlVz86.jpg

(All pictures and write-up here with credit and permission from Clover Films & Golden Village Pictures, Singapore)

• Like 1

HAN Ji-min & NAM Joo-hyuk
The most splendid combo of the winter - Reuniting for a deeper emotion

(All pictures and write-up  here with credit and permission from Clover Films & Golden Village Pictures, Singapore)

0Gl9GjV.jpg

In Josée, viewers are excited to see the reunion of HAN Ji-min and NAM Joo-hyuk after their appearance together in the TV drama The Light In Your Eyes. For HAN Ji-min, who has appeared in a string of highly successful romance dramas including Familiar Wife, The Light in Your Eyes, and One Spring Night, the film Josée is an opportunity to portray a more nuanced emotion. As "Woo-jin", who begins a new life in Familiar Wife; as "Hye-ja", who gains the ability to go back in time in The Light in Your Eyes; and as "Jeong-in", a librarian in search of happiness in One Spring Night, HAN Ji-min has perfectly blended into each of her roles, winning over many fans. In the role of Josée, who lives in her own world, she will be sure to move viewers while showing a completely new side of herself. The acting skills that she displayed in Miss Baek, winning awards at multiple local and international film festivals, will pull viewers into the world of Josée and her complicated emotions.

NAM Joo-hyuk, who has found success over multiple platforms in the blockbuster film The Great Battle, the TV drama The Light in Your Eyes, the original Netflix series The School Nurse Files, and more recently the TV drama Start-up, takes on a new kind of role in Josée as the character Young-seok. After getting to know the unusual Josée, Young-seok finds himself feeling a deeper emotion, and undergoes change that causes him to mature. In particular, NAM Joo-hyuk excels in playing a character who is honest about his feelings but still awkward in love, making for a particularly beautiful and lingering portrait of adolescence. In this way, the reunion of HAN Ji-min and NAM Joo-hyuk in Josée will provide for their fans something deeper and altogether new.

• Like 1

EnKHQ3AUwAE6xaI?format=jpg&name=large

A woman who lives in her own world, Josée.
The man who enters her world, Young-seok.
Experience their most beautiful moments.

(All pictures and write-up  here with credit and permission from Clover Films & Golden Village Pictures, Singapore)

As a story about love featuring living, breathing characters, Josée invokes memories in all of us. Josée lives in a space entirely her own, far from the ordinary routines that we experience at school, at work, or spending time with friends. Living alone with her grandmother, in a situation where it's hard to even go out, she interacts with the world through books and
fosters a vivid imagination. With her unusual tastes and unexpected perspectives on life, she exerts a distinctive charm on others. Because of that, she is a character who makes you curious about her story, and makes you want to enter her closed world. Through her meeting with Young-seok, for the first time she experiences feelings of love and comes to change as a result of that deep relationship.

Young-seok leads an ordinary life like any other, attending classes at his university, doing a part-time job, and preparing to apply for full-time work. It's the time for him to go out into society, but instead of a clear goal, his future is clouded with uncertainty. At this time he comes to fall for the unfamiliar but distinctive charms of Josée. He buys the books that she wants to read, and goes with her to places that she wants to visit, devoting himself fully to their love. The love and separation, happiness and anxiety that this couple goes through is no different from the feelings we have all experienced. With its realistic characters, subtle storytelling and tale of unforgettable love, Josée is sure to bring forth both smiles and tears from its audience.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm intrigued of how they'll potray this romance but I was worried it'll be sad ending (K-movies are more prone to sad endings) so I spoiler myself with the plot summary of the J-movie, haha. Now I'm mentally more prepared. :P

Tell me in spoiler too. :laugh:... after "Your Wedding Day", I am somewhat wary  of k movies and their love for realistic endings . Summore the setting on this one is seems little bit depressing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...