12 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Just finished Episode 1.

At the moment no comment yet cause I am not a fan of Siwan but I find him rather cute especially his eyes .

Will see how the story goes once I continue watching..

I have really only watched SiWan in one other drama -MiSaeng. So I was quite neutral to him as well coming in. What sealed the deal for me was eps 2 - his journey as an athlete almost at the end of his career plus what he will do going forth got me emotionally invested. SiWan's doing a great job here.

Yay @Merry_Shai. Glad you're watching this! I too wonder why the younger bro of DanA craves so much for her attention & acceptance when she's been pretty cold & cruel to him . 

BTS of the 2nd couple

OST 2

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

6 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Thought mistakenly for a while that it was 30 Dec tonight and was momentarily happy. Alas, one more sleep to next episode...

I feel you on this! Since The Uncanny Counter didn't air this past weekend, the days between the dramas I'm watching went from one day to three days. It doesn't seem like a lot but it's throwing my schedule off a bit. Haha! 

Thanks for all the videos! I loved the BTS with our second couple! :hearties:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Finished Episode 2 last nite. 

KSG gave OMJ a kiss in episode 2, isn't that too early ! 

Beginning to like the second FL. 

:wow:

ahahah...fake kiss...not counted as official 1st kiss ! I am actually okay for the slow burn as I like their conversations a lot. Better not get together too fast...lol!

Yes , love Dan A too...so do the domestic viewers. @TRaNz will be pleased. :D

-----------------------------

Article translated from here: http://news.tf.co.kr/read/entertain/1834265.htm

JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama "Run On" (written by Park Si-hyun and directed by Lee Jae-hoon) announced on the 30th, "With the presence of Seo Dan-ah (Choi Soo-young), the world's great representative, shining day by day, why she becomes a shrewd character."

Until now, Dana's charisma has been outstanding with her outspoken ability to handle things. In particular, the process of dealing with the revelation of junior assault by Ki Sun-kyum (Im Si-wan) was the best example of Dan-ah's charm. While respecting his choice, she prepared an interview with Kim Woo-sik (Lee Jung-ha), the actual victim, and carried out a plan to offset some criticism directed at Sun-kyum to solve the problem with extraordinary calmness.

Dana's appearance, which shows her strength has attracted viewers. Assemblyman Ki-jung (Park Young-kyu) was so angry that she criticised him for paying Oh Mi-ju (Shin Se-kyung) that she said, "If it's a right to give you a few bucks, I want to have it too," and she said, "Is the campaign not a joke?"

There is a question that cannot be solved for Dan-ah, who looks so perfect. "I don't like it because it's my brother," she said to her younger brother Seo Tae-woong (Choi Jae-hyun), who especially craves excessive affection for his sister. She also sarcastically criticized her older  brother's incompetence.

The specific story of the Seo ( Dan A's )  family has raised questions about Dan-ah's attitude. On top of that, it was revealed that there she has a chronic disease enough to check the health condition consistently, stimulating curiosity about her family's story.

The production team of "Run On" said, "Seo Dan-ah's cider moment was made because of Choi Soo-young's efforts to carefully study all the scenes and put them in acting. On the 30th, the story of Dan-ah, who had no choice but to run toward her goal, is unveiled."

---------------------------------------------------

Can't wait for new episodes tonight @mademoiselle. For Msia, I noticed it airs on Neflix after 9pm

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Love eps 5 too. This isn't a drama where the plot needs to move a lot but yet the entire episode , the interactions between the characters, the lines that they say engage me so much more than any other show that I am currently watching.  This drama is very much about KSG's journey - about him learning to put his own needs first , finding a new career upon retiring from professional sports, finding love & companionship because there's this loneliness in his eyes that gets me everytime.

----------------------------

Spoiler for eps 5

Translated from : http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/997704?ref=naver

In the JTBC drama "Run On," which aired on the 30th, Ki Sun-kyum (Im Si-wan) and Oh Mi-joo (Shin Se-kyung) were drawn closer.

Ki Sun-kyum asked his aide to tell him everything about her, saying he owed a lot to Oh Mi-ju, an interpreter. The aide said, "Don't be fooled by hef because I think she's been lying to you. Your father gave her money to keep an eye on you," he revealed. Ki Sun-kyum's surprising response as he  turned his back to aide, saying, "It is you who is  like a villain."

Back to where we left off last episode, Ki Sun-kyum asked Oh Mi-joo why she received money from his father, Ki Jeong-eun (Park Young-kyu). Oh admitted to taking it and said  "If you want to be disappointed, do it. Don't try not to," she said coldly.  Ki Sun-kyum said, "I was embarrassed because my father was like that. What is the reason you took the money ?"  Oh Mi-joo said, "You don't know much because you, Ki Sun-kyum, has a lot of money, but I've had to endure  receiving money like this since I was young. Very often the giver would want me to accept the money as they felt even more uneasy if I didn't "

Ki Sun-kyum  who we tihought would  hate Oh Mi-ju's cold attitude, said, "Even if your comfort was fake, it meant a lot to me, "he said.  "Ki Sun-kyum this is making me embarrased,  I feel even more miserable," Oh said. She left after taking the gun.

Ki Sun-kyum was also working  as a track and field coach / mentor at a school & rumors spread that he assaulted his juniors and faced an embarrassing situation. A school official asked Ki Sun-kyum not to teach children anymore. An official said, "There are some people who are uncomfortable because it is a place where children are educated, and parents have complained. We also got a phone call. Ki Sun-kyum responded that he understood and asked, "Is it okay if I want to continue to sponsor the kids under another name?"

When Oh Mi-joo said her friend was getting married, she went to the meeting place to receive an invitation. This was at the hotel that KSG was staying in.  As soon as the friend saw Omijoo, she asked , "Why aren't you getting married?" "I didn't know that you grew up without your parents because you didn't seem unhappy ," she said. Oh Mi-ju responded, "Then should I be all sad for you to remember." The atmosphere quickly became unpleasant, and Oh Mi-joo left her seat first.

Disappointed Oh Mi-joo saw a cigarette in her bag (she borrowed the bag from her boss)  and tried to smoke it (she had quit smoking a long time ago but felt tempted since  she was stressed. As she was looking aroud for a lighter outside the hotel lobby, Ki Seon-kyum appeared. Oh Mi-joo asked, "Since when have you been watching?" and Ki Sun-kyum said, "I've been waiting for something to say." After proposing to watch the movie together, he then raised the excitement index by saying, "I'm making excuses for the movie because I thought Oh Mi-joo would go." Anyway , Ki Seon Kyum mentioned to OMJ that Woo Sik wanted to invite OMJ for a meal to thank her

Woo Sik purposely set Ki Sun-kyum and Oh Mi-ju up at a restaurant. "We came here because of a promise with Kim Woo-sik (Lee Jeong-ha)." Then KSK got a message from Woo Sik "Grandmother's friend's restaurant is famous. You two had a fight, right? I hope you will eat delicious food and make up ," Kim Woo-sik said in a text message. That's how the two ended up eating alone. They had a very nice time chatting and drinking.

Soon after, Oh Mi-joo saw the foreign article intended to reverse public opinion of Ki Sun-kyum's junior assault. OMJ quickly translated the article into Korean and uploaded in on different sites / forums , asking her online friends to spread the word . "The article that says the person who assaulted me is Ki Sun-kyum is a misinformation. He's the only one who helped me. I was scared of getting hit, but I was scared of not being able to run. I didn't want to make my grandmother worry. "It seemed like it was okay," posted Kim Woo-sik's message on the online community. Kim Woo-sik also said in an interview, "I thought I should return, but I will not return. I will stop running professionally as I have no confidence to retain my form even after rehabilitation.

After belatedly learning about the situation, Ki Sun-kyum visited Oh Mi-ju and said, "Why do you let me know this way? Did you know Woo Sik was going to quit?"  OMJ said she did and said , "I didn't say anything because I thought you would be sad about your junior quitting the sport the way you are now," Oh said. It was raining hard and he was standing in the rain. She told him to come into the shade and hugged him to comfort him

2020123021002904461_1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Ooo some spoilers for tonight. Seems like they will go to a rural village together:

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20201231/104716425/1

104716424.1.jpg

JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama "Run On" pre-released "Cute Moment" by Ki Sun-kyum (Im Si-wan) and Oh Mi-ju (Shin Se-kyung), who visited the rural village together. While curious about the background of how the two people with completely different routines came to accompany each other, Sun-kyum's heart-printing sweatshirt and Mi-Joo's suspenders fashion draw attention.

In particular, the production team's review that "all actors were synchronised while practicing the script," saying, "It's a great scene the sixth episode that will showcase  exciting chemistry." Since the announcement, fans have already burned their imagination and continued to speculate.

In the last broadcast, "The Gyeom-mi Couple" also spent dinner together, filling the screen with sweet moments that made everyone excited. From Mi-ju's "Doomchit Dumchit," which mimics the scene of the movie "Jerry Maguire," to the process of creating another justification to meet ," their straight forward romance are raising expectations.

The conversation between the two, who were asking about each other's recent status, will focus on Sun-kyum, who suddenly had a lot of time as he could not continue his coaching career in track and field after the report revealed him assaulting his junior. Mi-ju, who often became  'temporarily  unemployed' when she was not translating, suggested, "It's so boring, tell me if you're bored," and Sun-kyum even asked, "Will you accompany  me if I tell you?" 

Their warm interactions with each other, melts the frozen hearts of viewers and ignites their expectations. Sun-kyum did not judge  Mi-Joo, who was embarrassed earlier on , and Mi-Joo made him  laugh by insisting that "failure should be included in the process of running toward completion."

Also, Mi-joo hugged Sun-kyum, who showed his sorrow and pain  even though he didn't speak. Her touch of patting his back still, contained a heart and warmth that could not be compared to anything, and more than excitement filled the screen.

The production crew said, "The chemistry between Im Si-wan and Shin Se-kyung is so lovely that they get exclamations over and over again. I hope you wrap up the year warmly with the main broadcast, which will be filled with a series of sweet moments of the Gyeom-mi couple, adding excitement." The sixth episode of "Run On" will air at 9 pm today (31st).

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Why didn't she tell him that she returned the money? :idk:

Anyways... my 2 cents on last night's episode - you know the part where Seon Gyeom asks Mi Joo why she didn't tell him about Woo Sik's plan to quit sports and she tells him it's cos she knew he would get upset and overreact? A very romantic notion and befitting of a drama of this sort, but in the profession, the real reason is that the code of ethics prevents you from sharing information you came into knowledge of during an assignment. You're just not supposed to blab and gossip. Interpreters are essentially "blind and deaf". See nothing, hear nothing, know nothing. During an assignment, we can even seem cold, but really, we're not supposed to socially interact while on duty. Many ethical questions... many ethical questions indeed.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 5
1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Why didn't she tell him that she returned the money?

Anyways... my 2 cents on last night's episode - you know the part where Seon Gyeom asks Mi Joo why she didn't tell him about Woo Sik's plan to quit sports and she tells him it's cos she knew he would get upset and overreact? A very romantic notion and befitting of a drama of this sort, but in the profession, the real reason is that the code of ethics prevents you from sharing information you came into knowledge of during an assignment. You're just not supposed to blab and gossip. Interpreters are essentially "blind and deaf". See nothing, hear nothing, know nothing. During an assignment, we can even seem cold, but really, we're not supposed to socially interact while on duty. Many ethical questions... many ethical questions indeed.

Question. Mi Joo is hired as Seon Gyeom's interpreter so what she did there is actually requested by Dan Ah (Dan Ah is paying her)/favour for Seon Gyeom, therefore even due to code of ethics, is she still not supposed to inform them/him?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Shocked 1

Just watched ep5.

Seriously those other athletes in the group Young-Il, Gyu-Deok and Gi-Beom....soooo annoyingggg like how much more annoying do they want to be. Like..they need to be axed from the show just like Dan-A's half brother Tae-Woong. Geeeezzzzz...sooooo frustrating when they open their mouths.

I guess OMJ not telling KSG about returning the money was to initially try to push him away from liking her any further and keeping their relationship progressing any further than just 'business'. But of course we all know thats not gonna last hahaha.

Sad for Woo Sik though, but hes making mends for others that cared for him so thats nice.

By far the fav couple (hope they become something at least) is Dan-A and Yeong-Hwa.....such warm fuzzy UWU vibes when they interact. hahahaha :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Question. Mi Joo is hired as Seon Gyeom's interpreter so what she did there is actually requested by Dan Ah (Dan Ah is paying her)/favour for Seon Gyeom, therefore even due to code of ethics, is she still not supposed to inform them/him?

Yes. Doesn’t matter who pays. The Code of Ethics actually state that all information exchanges between the parties you are interpreting for is proprietary to the parties and not the interpreter. The interpreter does not have the ethical right to relay this information to a third party as long as the party was not themselves present in the exchange. Interpreters professionally must remain neutral, else once it goes out that you are someone who is loose lipped, you will lose your reputation in the industry and people won’t want to hire you anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 3
10 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Why didn't she tell him that she returned the money? :idk:

My guess is, like him, she's used to being misunderstood & just lets some things slide. However, I can see why she didn't directly say she gave it back. In her response, she told him that people who knew her situation gave her money which tells him that his father already was aware of who she was and her background prior to hiring her & paying her off. I'm guessing her answer is why he decided not to be too mad at her. 

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Okay, this is mostly a spazz post. There is something just so adorable about Ki Seon Gyeom! I just can't even. The stylist seems to know this as well, because the blue pullover with the teddy bear motif that he wore in episode 6 was also too adorable. For some reason, I can't seem to do viewable screen captures any more, or else I would post it. Thanks @mademoisellefor the gifs of his pouty lips. I never found Im Shi Wan that craveable before, but now I may have to change my mind. Hmmm, does this mean that I need to put ISW in my Oppa Tracker now? :laugh:

Otherwise, Seo Dan Ah is supposed to be a lesbian? Is that just something that she told her father to get him off her back about an arranged marriage, or is she really a lesbian? If she is supposed to really be interested in women, then I'm not longer interested in her having a love line with YH. Sexual identity isn't something that can be changed at will.

Having said that, regardless of the romance lines, I am really enjoying the dyanmic between SDA and LYH as well as KSG and OMJ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
22 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Otherwise, Seo Dan Ah is supposed to be a lesbian? Is that just something that she told her father to get him off her back about an arranged marriage, or is she really a lesbian? If she is supposed to really be interested in women, then I'm not longer interested in her having a love line with YH. Sexual identity isn't something that can be changed at will.

That’s what her older half-brother (who’s another brat) claims, and it would seem like she has this on-going anger feud with her father in the same vein of challenging gender identities rather than sexual identities. So if she decides to get into a relationship with YH, then the game with Daddy gets more interesting because she’s simply doing everything her father clearly doesn’t condone. She’s so resolute in wanting to prove to her dad that gender is the only unreasonable value placed against her. Korean feminism on display?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
19 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

From what I understand it was supposed to get her father off her back from bugging her about marriage. The translations had her brother asking her on how could she say this just to get out of marriage. And in return she asked her bro how come he’s exposing her now in front of outsiders ( her assistant) . Don’t actually think she’s one. Not sure if translations are accurate. 

Gonna watch eps 6 in a bit 

But preview for eps 7

Is SG’s dad still hoping to marry him off to DanA ? Role reversal here - where in a lot of dramas they always try to secure a good marriage for their daughters . :MewGiggle:.  

BTS

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Preview translation underneath, though I know that Netflix releases translations on these.

SG: You must live in this neighborhood. Then, I’ll walk you home.
MJ: He’s like a baby.
DA: What do you like so much about Athlete Ki that you go around trying to take care of him?
MJ: I’ve never said I like you.
SG: Oh, you don’t remember. That makes me sad.
MJ: She said that we should come to the premiere of ‘A Night Like Yesterday’.
MJ Friend: Just go with that guy.
YH: Seo Tae Woong. Seo Dan Ah.
TW: His gaze was very tender!
DA: Don’t keep crossing over the line. (meaning he shouldn’t take liberties that aren’t his)
YH: It’s because I crossed over the line that CEO came running to me.
YH: Seon Gyeom-hyung!
YH: Hyung, were are you going? Are you going to see the CEO?
DA: I guess he wants to make it seem as if we were naturally running into each other.
SG: Why the straw?
YH: I must want to put my straw in. (meaning that he wants something from him)
Coach: Did you have a fight?
MJ: Don’t follow me!
MJ: I guess I just got all excited by myself again.
YH: What is the relationship between you and the CEO, hyung?
SG Father: I’m going to get CEO Seo married. To Seon Gyeom.
SG: Don’t sell my dreams to further Dad’s own goals.
MJ: Should I report him as a missing person, unnie?
MJ: This guy, surely not…he slept elsewhere?

And, it seems that SG's father is planning on marrying SG and DA off together, probably by arranging it with DA's father, since he even submitted SG for consideration as DA's husband without ever bothering to talk to SG about it.

The lady coach seems pretty cool, and I'm also interested in hearing why she gave up the sport, though I guess it's probably obvious that with the hierarchy that is enforced in Korean sports, amongst athletes as well as all ancillary personnel including coaches, she just got fed up with it.

I know that SG is supposed to become a sports agent according to the character chart, but I think he would be a fantastic coach as well, if only he could become one. Korea being what Korea is though, the athletic associations would not be happy about his lack of obedience to hierarchy and traditions. And actually, that's why foreign coaches do better in Korea than Korean coaches.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm squealing on the inside after watching episode 6 and really can't put it in cohesive description about how I feel of the main OTP. I wished Seon Gyeom and Mi Joo won't get together too quickly because I'm really enjoying their current "friendship" - it's where it is most interesting to watch. Their conversation is never boring.

I also love the bickering between Mi Joo and Dan Ah. Hahaha. So cute. I think in real life Dan Ah would be an annoying person because she's got that snobbish demeaner and she does the "checking you from top to bottom" kind of look, but as a character on TV, she's so intriguing to watch. Soo Young is doing an excellent job and @TRaNz I love her legs! So long and slender ♥

I'm wondering when Seon Gyeom become a sport agent, whether his first sportsman would be Woo Shik. Such an innocent cutie and he totally deserves a second chance.

LOL, so not only handsome guys are Oppa. The one who pays is also Hyung/Oppa? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I've got to charge my iPad so I've only watched one episode so far but it's not bad. I don't mind it although at times I feel that it tries too hard to be quirky. But I'm sort of enjoying the snappy back and forth and the revealing moments of authenticity when everyone drops any kind of pretence to maintaining etiquette and social norms. The humour of the show for the most part works for me. I especially enjoyed the moment when SSK's character let it rip and gave the professor a bit of a tongue lashing. A pity she had to go back later and grovel. However, it does go to show that SK society is changing and some of the older attitudes regarding gender and generational dynamics are now being called into question openly. 

It seems to me that this show is doing something similar to Record of Youth although truth be said, it feels more intriguing and better told. 

I was pretty sure that the second pistol she bought from the gamer was a Luger and checked with the husband. He laughed  immediately and guessed that the subber got the pronunciation wrong hence the typo. It's a very distinctive hand gun very popular before and during WW2.  :laugh:

The leads are likeable and I've seen enough to gauge my interest.  I even like Soo-yeong's character, Da-na. SY seems to be improving as an actress. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

So many precious moments in ep 6 and I’m only halfway through! Stopped so I could post this cos I just had to - SG’s incredulity at MJ’s eating habits when he saw her just drinking a smoothie straight out of the blender and asked, “Are you too lazy to chew?” Even if fried rice is the only dish he knows how to cook, at least he bothers. As May says, “No wonder (MJ) can’t get over you.”

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1