On 1/1/2021 at 6:47 AM, stroppyse said:

Otherwise, Seo Dan Ah is supposed to be a lesbian?

From what I understood, it was a mis-claim by the half brother (outing, coming out, about soccer) and she just let it continue on since it helps to get her father off her back about marrying her off. She lectured the brother about the proper use of the term “outing”. So I don’t think she is a lesbian. Anyway, I love that we get the explanation why she loves her sports shoes so much. I dig her styles 😍 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Awww... I love that they paid homage to Casablanca. One of my favourite films of all time. The bad dubbing was hilarious. Im Si-wan looked really suave... dear me... I need to see him in a drama where he's that Rick character. In colour. For at least 12 episodes. Heh. He almost looked like Ethan Hawke. Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I saw a K drama set in that era. Probably never. (Should take a look at Chicago Typewriter sometime)

The show hits all the right notes for me. 6 episodes in and I haven't felt the temptation to use the FF facility or to drop it. Yeah. I'm happy to find a romance driven show that I can watch. It even manages to get some laughs out of me, mainly from the scintillating dialogue. Occasionally it's from the antics of the quirky characters. I like the leads obviously but the big surprise is that I'm also enjoying Da-na and her art student. I especially like him and how generally unflappable he seems to be. Had a good o'l chuckle at the ET reference. He's too young to be talking about ET surely! :P There's a piece of my childhood emerging in mischievously random fashion.  Initially I thought that when their fingers touched they were doing Michelangelo's ceiling painting in the Sistine Chapel. God and Adam. I had no idea why. LOL. Maybe it's because he's an artist. But it was kind of cute. The potential for a lifelong bromance out of this encounter is strong.

In Episode 6 we had the good o'l cohabitation trope. What's a rom com without one of those? The show certainly put its own spin on a tried and true plot device. I was scratching my head at first wondering why in the world would Mi-joo be working opposite hours and against her circadian rhythms while there was this hot guy taking possession of the living room, just outside her door. He's certainly well-mannered but she's got all her priorities mixed-up. At last she comes to her senses and goes jogging with him... speaking his love language. Yup. Better late than never.

It's also a running gag in Episode 6 that he believes May's story about the neighbourhood mugger. His naivete is priceless and I do want to pinch his cheeks for being so adorably clueless. But lo and behold, he's not at all clueless about how he feels about Mi-joo ... and that makes him even more adorable. He's a boy in some ways but something else close to the perfect man in other ways. And of course he has to make his confession so matter-of-factly when she finally succumbs to her drunken stupor. Gah.

Then they also make an excursion to the countryside together. Seems to be the thing in a number of rom coms I've seen in recent times. I guess it's the seclusion, to be out in the remote areas so that they're forced to face up to certain things.

I suppose it's not a K drama without a Despicable Dad. What are we to do with this one? He appears to be the stereotypical religious hypocrite. I actually think he does believe in his own self-righteousness which is humorous and tragic. In a hilarious role reversal with the missus, he is the religiously observant one and he's the hover parent in this dynamic. Mum's good-naturedly doing her acting gig -- on screen and as the wife of an assemblyman.

On that note, it's clear to me that people in this show feel like actors on a stage that's not their own. They play up and do a *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* not just to the audience. Da-na in particular doesn't know who she is but she plays up the rich spoilt girl stereotype whatever that might be because it's expected of her and perhaps it is a defence mechanism. I feel that she's doing this to get attention and respect from certain quarters. Frankly, Soo-yeong is surprising me with her performance here. She's doing really well.  I also enjoy the fact that the art student is not the least bit intimidated by her or her conspicuous display of wealth. Her interest in his artwork certainly helps him gain perspective and their push and pull there suggests that he's got her somewhat figured out.

With regards to the leads' push and pull... I suppose the interpretation job was something of an impediment because she was desperately trying not to mix business with pleasure although he had an inkling. But then I think he's always liked her even before he made his "mistake" in front of the paparazzi. :cool:

Well, I'm actually eagerly looking forward to the next episode and further developments. I don't usually get really engaged with the so-called secondary romances but I'm very keen to see the taming of the shrew. :P

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@mademoiselle I took these from your twitter... cute bromance developing here

Eq4FoHdUcAET-8Z?format=jpg&name=900x900

Eq9ESE5UUAETOqa?format=jpg&name=large

There's an article on Naver where they are praising the rookie writers for Kairos & Run On. I will post the part for Run On

Spoiler

JTBC 수목드라마 '런온'(극본 박시현/연출 이재훈)은 같은 한국말을 쓰면서도 소통이 어려운 시대, 서로 다른 세계에 살던 사람들이 각자의 언어로 소통하고 관계를 맺으며 사랑을 향해 '런온'하는 로맨스 드라마. tvN '도깨비', '미스터 션샤인' 등을 집필한 김은숙 보조작가 출신인 박시현 작가의 첫 입봉작이다.

김은숙 보조작가 출신답게 '런온'에서도 티키타카 케미가 돋보이는 긴 호흡의 대사가 눈에 띈다. 이는 특유의 '말맛'을 살려주긴 하지만 동시에 작위적인 느낌을 주기 때문에 아쉽다는 반응도 존재한다.

'런온'은 기존 로맨스와 다른 결을 보여준다는 점에서 주목할만 하다. 다른 성향을 가진 오미주(신세경 분)와 기선겸(임시완 분)이 서로에게 스며드는 과정은 이성 간 사랑을 넘어 인간 사이에서 피어나는 사랑을 보여주고 있다. 특히 세상에 살아 숨 쉬는 여성, 약자, 가난에 대한 편견 어린 시선을 예민하면서도 따뜻하게 그려내고 있다는 평가를 받고 있다.

The translation was a bit strange but ...hmm the jisc is there  :GrowDerp:

Spoiler

JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama "Run On" (written by Park Si-hyun/directed by Lee Jae-hoon) is a romance drama in which people living in different worlds communicate in their own languages and "run on" toward love. It is the first debut drama  for Park Si-hyun, a former assistant writer Kim Eun-sook who wrote tvN's "Goblin" and "Mr. Sunshine."

As Kim Eun-sook's a former assistant writer, her writing stands out in "Run On" with a long line of breathing that shows off the Tiki-taka chemistry. Some say that it is regrettable because it gives off a unique "taste of words" but at the same time gives it a sense of irony.

'Run On' is noteworthy in that it shows a different conclusion from existing romance. The process of Oh Mi-ju (Shin Se-kyung) and Ki Sun-kyum (temporary Si-wan), who have different tendencies, permeating each other shows the love blooming between humans beyond love between opposite sex. In particular, it is considered to paint a sensitive and warm picture of prejudice against women, the weak, and poverty living in the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

LOL @abs-oluteM indeed, it is a bit weird. Especially this 티키타카 (tiki taka)? I'm wondering if it is some sort of abbreviation. Indeed KES's assistant writers (both for Search WWW and Run On) are writers to look out for. The other one is Ryu Bo Ri for Do You Like Brahms?. Both of KES's assistant writers seem to have inherited Kim Eun Sook's skills in writing cheeky lines/dialogues. However I find these assistant writers do it a lot better or more fun than KES.

After I screencap episode 7 cut, I found out Knetizens already made GIF of this scene. So cuteeee.

img.gif

img.gif

source: LKS via Twitter

And this one, doubt Netflix will translate so maybe @stroppyse can help with the translation later. Dan Ah refused to give Yeong Hwa her direct number so Yeong Hwa has been texting the secretary some really hilarious text messages. It's worth knowing the contents.

6da7170bly1gmcqf4yrdkj21hc0u0x6t.jpg

Episode 7 cut: https://www.facebook.com/728383530628982/posts/2241554672645186/

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
51 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Gosh so cute...were they drinking beer with straw? Lol! It looks like Yeong Hwa drag SeonGyeom back with him to drink with ulterior motive - he must want to get DanA's phone number ! 

Another BTS

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And this one, doubt Netflix will translate so maybe @stroppyse can help with the translation later. Dan Ah refused to give Yeong Hwa her direct number so Yeong Hwa has been texting the secretary some really hilarious text messages. It's worth knowing the contents.

6da7170bly1gmcqf4yrdkj21hc0u0x6t.jpg

Translation of the texts:

Secretary-nim, should we eat ramen or should we eat rice cakes for lunch.
Please let her know that we can eat something else if she wants. .
Secretary-nim, I ordered jjajjangmyun, but please let her know that there are no chopsticks.
Secretary-nim, please let her know that she should not share the honey with you, but eat it all herself.
Secretary-nim, what relation is ATOJ’s Seo Tae Woong to the CEO?  (this final one is the one he was typing into the editor)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

One more translation for this thread. This is the article that @abs-oluteMhad posted earlier. The translation was pretty funny, so decided to re-translate most of it.

JTBC Wed-Thurs drama ’Run On’ (written by Park Shi Hyeon/directed by Lee Jae Hoon) is a romance drama about a time when even though they speak the same Korean language it’s hard for them to communicate, these people who live in different worlds communicate in their own ways to form relationships and “run on” towards love. [Didn’t translate second line about writer PSH formerly being an assistant writer to Kim Eun Sook]

As befitting a former assistant writer for Kim Eun Sook, in ‘Run On’, the writing of lengthy well-matching dialogue which show the back and forth chemistry can be seen. This gives it a unique “flavor to the words” but at the same time, it can give an unnatural or contrived feeling to the dialogue which is seen as regrettable.

‘Run On’ is notable for being different from other genre romances. The differently inclined Oh Mi Joo (Shin Se Kyung) and Ki Seon Gyeom (Im Shi Wan), as they slowly come to understand each other’s ways, demonstrate more than love between the opposite sexes, the love that blooms between people. In particular, it is considered to paint a sensitive yet warm picture of the women, the weak, and the poor living in the world who face prejudice.

@mademoiselle"tiki-taka" is a bit like saying "this and that" or "back and forth". Basically, it's describing the almost rapid fire exchanges between MJ and SG that can continue for awhile. It's why the American screenwriter and director Aaron Sorkin comes to mind sometimes when I'm watching this drama, I think, because of the extended dialogues which have MJ and SG trading quick quips and comments at each other. Hope this makes some sense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I got the days all mixed up & was waiting for a new episode to be out last night. Was also checking to see some spoilers but all I saw was Penthouse, Penthouse and nothing but Penthouse! :GengarPout: That drama's development is insane... maybe more than WOTM. :PikachuFacePalm:

Thanks @stroppyse for the translations and explanation of "tiki-taka". I wonder if there will be a scene of the Secretary telling Dan Ah everything Yeong Hwa wrote. Also why is he texting all those mundane stuff anyway? To get a response? LOL.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I don’t agree with the headline of this article leh... Not to be biased but it seems more the article that lacks logic or charm. Pfft...

https://amp.scmp.com/lifestyle/k-pop/k-drama/article/3116363/netflix-series-run-romantic-k-drama-starring-im-si-wan-and

I too read the article...I disagree. I wonder if we were watching different shows. :pandawhat:

New stills...ahhh this should be interesting ..MJ meets his parents ...as his girlfriend? I can't say that his dad would be pleased

BF.24925790.1.jpg

And this two will see some progress as she visits him at his campus :D

image_readtop_2021_13407_160989168444973

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2021/01/13407/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

That South China Morning Post article is difficult to read. I'm not a fan of writers who don't address Asian names properly and those resort to addressing people by their surname immediately gets on my bad side. All that Ki, Oh, Im, Kang in that article gives me 💢 :GengarPout:.

Spoiler

Especially this paragraph:

Oh may have an interesting job, but as a character she’s prickly and dry, and fails to stand out, especially with Shin in the role, who has played several similar characters in the past.

It would have been clearer to say Oh Mi Joo or Mi Joo rather than Oh. Did he perhaps use a phone/tablet to type this article & had to be lazy in repeatedly typing all those names? :pandacop:

Excuse the rant...

img.gif

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 6

Have been meaning to drop in some thoughts on last week’s episodes but the year started off really busy for me. I’m just refusing to work at the moment cos I’m so tired. Is it Christmas yet? :cry:

Ep 6 by far has been the best. Something so bittersweet about the encounters between the key characters. So many precious scenes. I especially liked the scene where KSG feeds the cat in his garden and personifies it while he talks to it. Tells a lot about the circumstances he grew up in and how he therefore relates to people around him. Funny how his sister also mentioned in Ep 1 that he essentially grew up in that house alone. I wonder why that was. 

There’s been some mention of KSG’s apparent naïveté with regard to his response to May’s claim of a stalker in the neighbourhood. I beg to differ though. He knew quite clearly they were fibbing, but he needed an excuse to find that community and family he’s lacked all these years. While he didn’t really have deep relationships with his track mates, he was at least not living alone. And after he resigned and moved out of the training centre, he lived alone, ate alone, and was just... alone. He had nothing to do and that was what motivated his offer to just pick May up after work. After all, the ladies had given him an excuse to be around them, and he used his facade of aloofness to his full advantage. It’s this same facade that has Mijoo hating him but also crushing on him. His apparent non-judgmental persona judges, and it’s this same persona that allows him to deflect any kind of judgement placed on him as well. And so he can unabashedly accept random offers and make random offers, neither judging nor not judging, neither getting judged nor fearing judgement. No wonder Mijoo gets so flustered by him. And she strangely too craves that family attention she never had but is getting from him in an unconventional way. She wants to depend on him, and he wants to be depended on. 

And DanA. Poor her, living under so much negative gender stereotyping. And here comes this young man who doesn’t quite respond to her rough tough exterior too. How she’s unable to annoy or rattle him the way she annoys and rattles other men around her frustrates her. He’s unexpectedly charming to her, especially when she’s so determined to not let men of any kind “charm” her cos she’s sick and tired of these gender stereotypes. That younger half brother of hers is so annoying though. Why does he pine for her attention so much?

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 12/26/2020 at 12:31 PM, gilaswan said:

This show is quite intriguing in that it makes me look forward to the next episode, but I’m not sure why. Can’t place my finger on what it is - the characters? Storyline? 

On 12/26/2020 at 9:26 PM, abs-oluteM said:

So true. I too can't tell people what it is exactly that draws me to the drama. Perhaps it is  the unusual conversations - everyone seems rather unfiltered and sometimes unapologetic in what they say.  

Tagging @Jane @JenL @Dhakra  check this one out ...think you guys will appreciate the drama ( I am hard-selling .  Lol!)

Hello! So even though I've barely caught up with my other dramas, I decided to pick this one up (I think your hard selling worked @abs-oluteM because I had it in the back of my mind to check this out!)...And I agree with both you and @gilaswan in that I'm drawn to this drama. I don't know if I love as a whole, but there are a few elements I really like: 

Things I like Episodes 1-4

1. The Dialogue - Almost every character in this world, except for some of the angry side characters like SG's father and coaches, speaks in a very witty and unfiltered way that has quite a movie-like quality to it. It's very different and I enjoy following along with their consistently playful arguments and frank word battles. :popcorn:

2. Character Quirks - As above, almost every character presents with some quirks about them - MJ's love for fake guns  :KittyGun: or SG's insistence that he assaults his juniors without wanting to explain why. It's interesting to unravel. 

3. The Background Music - This sounds so trivial, but I really like the BGM for this drama, especially when they run! There's something light and free about it. I think it's actually why I continued watching after the first 20 mins because the BGM set the mood I liked. :CharmanderYay:

4. The Movie References - Partially because my industry has to do with cinema and partly because I love a good Easter egg, the little references to cinema classics like Psycho, Le Voyage dans la Lune and even the more modern La La Land, feel very smart and fun to look out for. :MewHi: :hearties:

Things I don't know if I like 1-4

1. A little sense of disconnect/ not as deep feelings between characters - The one downside to the dialogue is that because people rarely talk in this style all the time to everyone, I find it hard to see what I normally see to figure out relationships in these series - do people seriously like or dislike each other?  I'm not entirely sure if certain characters are close or not because their way of talking could be either ire or jest :idk: That's why @Tofu and @stroppyse 's character chart helped...but I feel like it'd be nicer to be more clear in the story.

2. Something about the male lead and second female lead?

I laughed at the irony when I saw this comment (below) because I think I am slightly meh about them both for aloofness and abrasiveness!

On 12/26/2020 at 12:31 PM, gilaswan said:

Seon Gyeom is aloof without being irritating; Dan Ah is abrasive without being unlikeable. Somehow. I can imagine in real life they would be very vexing, but for some reason, not to the audience.

I feel like it's a bit hard to feel close to the characters when they're witty, but don't give much else. The scenes where SG is angry with his father are more telling of the real him than most of the scenes where his dialogue is fun, but sort of circular? I might also just not feel much for Im Si-wan as an actor/celebrity though on the whole. :thinking:

As for DA's toying with MJ, it kind of annoys me too. Feels slightly psychotic to me, though I see that DA is also very capable of fixing things (ie. fixing that interview with WS) as well as winding people up. :heiboi:

Anyway I think I'll continue watching because the story is fun and there's things I like about it for sure...and the things I don't know if I like might grow on me or work themselves out depending on storyline.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Eps 7  Some highlights for me

I liked SG telling his father off at home when he went back to get some clothes. They got into an argument as the father was upset he was retiring , especially after all the hard work that the father had made to get him a 6-month suspension. SG is right in telling his father that the latter have no idea what SG wants , and he is merely trying to fulfill his own dreams through SG.  The father has been milking the success of his wife , daughter & son for political mileage. For his own ambitions, he puts on a show each time & paints a picture of a happy family to the public, when there doesn't seem to be semblance of normalcy to how this family lives. The wife is practically in her own world and is also putting on an act in public . The kids rather stay elsewhere but their family home. 

The new friendship developing between SG and YH over beer & honey is rather endearing. Though SG is the older one here, honestly he's so naive with the ways of the world that I think YH will be the one to corrupt him ! SG's loneliness was amplified in the conversation with YH . YH was curious why someone like SG would be in his neighborhood. SG's reply that he won't be anymore because he doesn't want to be alone -  at this point , MJ had told him that she would be going out of town soon for work for 10 days. SG's likely decided he didn't want to be alone in her house. Somehow him telling YH that really broke my heart. I can see now why he is so drawn to MJ. She's like this warm and inviting shelter that his heart needs.

I get why MJ got angry with SG when he passed out drunk at YH's and didn't reply her texts. For her she was concerned not only because they were housemates but because she likes him. But yet she's not in a position to nag him or hope for more because she has no clue where she stood with him - after all she passed out and did not hear him say he likes her. SG doesn't get that - this guy is so frustratingly innocent sometimes or maybe he pretends to be clueless  . :pandawhat: Lol! But obviously he knew she was upset and he tried hard to explain himself and make it up to her.

The noona relationship developing between DanA and YH has sparks too. It is clear that Dan A tries to fend him off but YH can hold his own and is not intimidated at all by her. You have to admit that she's quite a character and not an easy person to deal with.  Yet here  she is feeling intrigued , won over by his boyish charms -  he definitely removed some bricks in the wall she's erected between them now that she's given him her personal phone number. :smug:

And of course the ending scene was the best. May gave her movie ticket to SG . So glad that SG went and joined MJ for it . They bumped into his parents and of course dad has nothing but condescending things to say to MJ. I felt my blood boiling when he told MJ to find her place ( leave SG alone ). But MJ is no pushover- she stands up to the old man and takes SG with her ! :pandahappy:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteM Will I get into trouble for saying that the columnist from SCMP doesn't really understand what's going on with the show? He takes it far too seriously. He identifies the rom com tropes (as I'm sure everyone does) and misses the point. The show is messing around with said tropes... the biggest clue being the idiosyncratic dialogue. The show is inherently satirical. 

Episode 7 I believe, highlights the issues of people who are drawn to each other or like each other but are stuck in limbo because both are reluctant to be the first to confess mutual feelings. The impasse between the primary leads and Mi-joo's silent treatment feel oddly familiar. ;)

I'm not sure what it would take the break the deadlock although I keep thinking that if Seon-gyeom were to say that he likes her things might move along a lot more quickly. Because that is at the core of Mi-joo's frustration. She likes him a lot but they're not officially anything for her to make demands, yet her heart wants what it wants. She likes him but he's a rich kid. He, on the other hand, seems to be holding back because he doesn't know if the timing is right. What if she rebuffs him again? What if he disappoints her? He is rather unemployed at the moment. He doesn't want to lose cohabitation rights from saying the wrong thing. This uncertainty largely motivates their push and pull. 

I can't take Dad the Assemblyman seriously. :laugh:He is a buffoon. It's clear that he is more of an actor than his wife. He reminds me a little of Mrs Bennet from Pride and Prejudice (Okay I love my P and P analogies) in that he has no self-awareness and is completely self-absorbed. I find his scenes with his wife the most entertaining. Their back and forth cracks me up. When he said "You're the only for me" and she said "You make me nauseous", I had a good chuckle. He is the consummate actor. He doesn't know how to be anything except to be a politician... that's his default position. What's really funny though is his reaction when the people around him don't play according to his script. The baffled look is to die for. The look when the self-appointed director of the play finds out that he's really just a support act, not the main character, much less the director. And to add insult to injury, the other actors have their own ideas about what their characters are about and have no compunction saying so.

I love how Yeong-hwa is the opposite of MJ and SG. He just goes for it and good for him, I say. He's not blind to the cues and he's not shy about selling himself. It's refreshing. He sees past Da-na's prickly facade and he's not afraid of challenging her to be much more authentic. Honestly I can't wait to see his painting. I can't wait to see how he depicts her on canvas (it's a large one by the looks of things) because perhaps for the first time in her life, someone will see her as she is rather than the caricature that she sells herself to the public. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Oh my ET chingu looks really handsome in that last still in the spoiler :wow: @mademoiselle. Can he make it into my oppa tracker list? 

8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I love how Yeong-hwa is the opposite of MJ and SG. He just goes for it and good for him, I say. He's not blind to the cues and he's not shy about selling himself. It's refreshing. He sees past Da-na's prickly facade and he's not afraid of challenging her to be much more authentic. Honestly I can't wait to see his painting. I can't wait to see how he depicts her on canvas (it's a large one by the looks of things) because perhaps for the first time in her life, someone will see her as she is rather than the caricature that she sells herself to the public. 

Love the P&P analogies! I find myself drawn more to YH each episode. He's quite forthcoming about how he feels and what he wants , but it doesn't put me off. (especially if we compare it to DanA's brother who just whines alot ) .  He's no match  for Dan A , where money & status etc is concerned - and of course these shouldn't be the criterion where judging person's worth but you know how society is. Yet, he's just got that confidence. Very attractive.

16 hours ago, JenL said:

3. The Background Music - This sounds so trivial, but I really like the BGM for this drama, especially when they run! There's something light and free about it. I think it's actually why I continued watching after the first 20 mins because the BGM set the mood I liked. :CharmanderYay:

Yes agreed...the BGM is great. Anyway I am glad some hard selling work and that you're watching :D

5th OST

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh my ET chingu looks really handsome in that last still in the spoiler. @mademoiselle. Can he make it into my oppa tracker list? 

Yeah ET Chingu looks dashing with the hair & leather jacket. :letalQQ: What about Siwan Oppa?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lady Coach: I'm sure he must have irked you with his innocent, naive expression.

“他肯定是激怒了你之后,还摆出一副天真无邪的表情吧” (C-sub version).

I didn't think too much about it but after seeing a compilation of the below...

6da7170bly1gmf0noysfmj21ao0u0u0x.jpg

You probably wouldn't know anyway (re: Yeong Hwa)

6da7170bly1gmf0no4x86j21ao0u01ky.jpg

But replying back in the morning wouldn't have changed anything.

6da7170bly1gmf0nonpg8j21ao0u0x6p.jpg

Were you not able to call?

Spoiler

6da7170bly1gmf0npgxi6j21ao0u04qq.jpg

You could have called me instead.

6da7170bly1gmf0nofm9sj21ao0u0u0x.jpg

Why do you need a right to ask those questions?

6da7170bly1gmf0nosruaj21ao0u0x6p.jpg

Is there another term for "right"? I think that word makes me uncomfortable...

.... Ki Seon Gyeom does have a knack for irking people with that innocent expression :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Love the P&P analogies! I find myself drawn more to YH each episode. He's quite forthcoming about how he feels and what he wants , but it doesn't put me off. (especially if we compare it to DanA's brother who just whines alot ) .  He's no match  for Dan A , where money & status etc is concerned - and of course these shouldn't be the criterion where judging person's worth but you know how society is. Yet, he's just got that confidence. Very attractive.

Do you think he reminds us of Yan Jin from To Love? He has a similar kind of personality. Mischievous, charming and a bit glib. 

:wow:

Dan-ah's younger brother is a kid by comparison. I don't know how old he is but ... dear me, he makes So Mun look like an adult. Like you, I find him bratty. His possessiveness feels out of place even unhealthy.

I don't quite know what it is at the moment but it's odd that Da-na's half brothers seem intent on making demands on her life that feel over-the-top. So far an explanation as to why she was stopped from playing soccer escapes me. Why did the other brother "out" her? Wouldn't that have meant that she was less of a succession threat if she played soccer? Or does he get some perverse pleasure out of seeing her miserable?

It's such a dysfunctional unhappy group of malcontents. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

30 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

What about Siwan Oppa?

I love SiWan in this...hmmmm how do I say this without sounding like the shallow person that I am? :laugh:...I will definitely check out his future work but he doesn't have that oppa built/height  that I like. ahahahaha...so maybe not on my oppa tracker list yet.  Maybe I might be closer to opening a shippers thread.. but I will never last as a shipper ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJAsolrJbm6/

31 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Do you think he reminds us of Yan Jin from To Love? He has a similar kind of personality. Mischievous, charming and a bit glib. 

A tad bit...I would say that Yan Jin is a lot more pushy probably given that he's older but they are both cheeky !

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

You guys have said what I wanted to say as well, but can I just laugh out loud here at the stand-in when Dan-Ah supposedly kick that soccer ball? It’s so obvious a different person :laugh:I wished they had that scene cut off. Or they should’ve made SY do the kicking herself and CGI the flying ball... 

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love