Jirisan 지리산 [2021]

stroppyse

@ChocolateBased on her past track record, Kim Eun Hee has difficulty not killing off characters in her dramas... and it is a rare find when we get an episode where no one dies! Jirisan remains mysterious with polarising teasers thus far... so I guess the real mystery now is whether it is slice-of-[rangers']-life, thriller or even supernatural.  :thinking: The plot thickens!

• Haha 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

@liddi The reporter declares it as a mystery! Whew! 🤣🤞

cp_poctan.gif

'Mt. Jirisan' Ju Ji-hoon "Jeon Ji-hyun's tension is good, always bright atmosphere.. breathing was really good"

Pan-seok thin Input 2021. 10. 08. 09:15

20211008091505498xioi.jpg

Provided by A Story

The eye contact stills of Jeon Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon have been released.

Jeon Ji-hyeon (Seo Yi-gang) and Ju Ji-hoon (Kang Hyeon-jo) in tvN's 15th anniversary special project 'Jirisan' (played by Eun-hee Kim / directed by Eung-bok Lee / produced by A-Story, Studio Dragon, Baram Pictures) ahead of its first broadcast at 9 pm on Saturday, the 23rd. Transforming into this Jirisan National Park ranger, they become partners and show off a special chemistry.

In the play, Seo Yi-gang (Jeon Ji-hyun) is the best ranger who has mastered the mountains to the point that he is called the ‘Seo Devil’, a mountain ghost. In fact, the mountain is 'death' to her, who skilfully traverses the mountain and does everything perfectly in a natural way. After painful memories of the past, he felt the fear of the mountain, and then changed to a cynical gaze, and Seo Yi-gang wants only to save the victims from death.

However, as the new ranger Kang Hyun-jo (Ju Ji-hoon) stands next to her, the wind of change blows. He looks at the world affectionately and loves the mountains, like Jirisan's 'Thread and Needle', always guarding Seoi River, saving people together, digging up mysterious cases, and becoming valuable partners for each other.

In the process, realistic clash chemistry such as Seo Yi-gang, who beats Kang Hyun-jo every day, and Kang Hyun-jo's 'Tom and Jerry', who does not lose with sarcasm, will add fun to watching in the tense tension of the mystery.

In addition, in the actual filming site, the extraordinary breathing of Jun Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon shined, and the synergy that is amplified is expected when the two actors who are immersed in their respective characters are together.

Ju Ji-hoon also said, "As you can see in the first released videos, Jun Ji-hyun has good tension. Even in physically difficult situations, he always led the atmosphere brightly, and thanks to that, the atmosphere and breathing on site were very good.”

In this way, tvN's 15th anniversary special project 'Jirisan', a special project for the 15th anniversary of Jirisan, which makes your heart beat with the meeting of Jun Ji-hyeon and Ju Ji-hoon, tells the story of Seo Yi-gang, the best ranger in the Jirisan National Park, and Kang Hyun-jo, a new ranger with an unspeakable secret, digging up a mysterious accident that takes place in the mountain. It's a mystery drama. It will be broadcasted for the first time on October 23 (Sat) at 9 pm. /pps2014@osen.co.kr

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Chocolate Glad that's cleared up! It seems to have some supernatural elements based on earlier teasers... though we know just how misleading teasers can be. 15 more days before the mystery (!) is hopefully cleared up.

The more immediate mystery I need solving is the character relationship chart. Translation please!

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

What amused me was that the writer in this article wanted to be "healed"

Spoiler

Writer Kim Eun-hee, who was in charge of writing, said about the motivation for planning 'Mt. Jirisan' first, "I have been thinking  about Mount Jirisan for several years. But, I also wanted to be healed, so I wanted to tell a story about a Jirisan Ranger who saves someone from Jirisan, where mountains, trees and nature come out.”

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021100710081787876

...so I think that's why it may have been misinterpreted as a healing slice of life. But from the teasers think she is to  trying pay tribute to the dangerous work that the forest rangers do and given her writing style , perhaps she made it come across like a crime drama? LOL

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM There might be healing somewhere in there, but unless she changed her trademark style, you can be sure there will be no healing for the requisite body count in her works :nervous:

• Haha 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Writer Kim Eun Hee Reveals How She Came Up With The Idea For “Jirisan” And Why She Cast Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon

Oct 9, 2021 by C. Hong

Screenwriter Kim Eun Hee, the writer behind hit dramas like “Signal” and Netflix’s “Kingdom” series, recently gave an interview about her upcoming tvN drama “Jirisan.”

“Jirisan” stars Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon as rangers at Mount Jiri National Park, who uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurs on the mountain.

Kim Eun Hee said, “I started thinking about the basic idea of ‘Jirisan’ several years ago. I started the planning process two years ago when I was personally going through a tough time. After doing a lot of projects with murder, I wanted to try something healing. I decided to set the drama on Mount Jiri with mountains and trees and nature, about rangers who save people’s lives.”

Asked why she chose national park rangers as her main characters, she said, “When I first thought about what would happen if there was a disaster on a mountain, I vaguely thought that you would call 119 [911] like in the city. But when I did some research, I found that when something happens on a mountain, national park rangers who know the topography and characteristics of the mountain really well become the mainstays of the search party. That’s how ‘rangers’ naturally became the main characters of my story.”

Kim Eun Hee also shared why she picked Mount Jiri of all mountains as her setting. “I liked the idea of a real mountain trek,” she said. “It’s not the kind of mountain you can climb in a day. You have to spend two or three days, three or four nights, carrying heavy luggage and walking until you can see the end. Rather than a mountain you climb for leisure, I thought that Mount Jiri represented a mountain you climb for endurance. It’s a mountain where you go when you’re seeking answers to something.”

She added, “Mount Jiri has a long history and there are a lot of incidents that happened there. I imagined that the people who climb such a broad and steep mountain must have a lot of diverse thoughts. There might be people who climb it thinking of death, and those who climb it hoping it for life, and those who are searching for answers in life. I wanted to tell the stories of people from various backgrounds and living diverse lives.”

About casting Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon, who both worked with Kim Eun Hee on “Kingdom,” said, “Before they were cast, I asked them casually if they liked the mountains and mountain climbing. I heard that Jun Ji Hyun used to race up and down Mount Cheonggye in the past, so I thought that she would be an actress that’s quite fitted for the mountains. I also heard while working with Joo Ji Hoon in the past that he often hikes up a mountain when he has spare time, so I felt that he probably didn’t hate the mountains. I’m grateful that both of them agreed so readily to the casting offers.”

She concluded, “I hope that the drama is a fun one that doesn’t bore people. In these frustrating times, I hope that people can feel a little bit refreshed through the beautiful scenery of Mount Jiri.”

“Jirisan” premieres on October 23 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Check out a teaser here!

Source

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
20 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Kim Eun Hee said, “I started thinking about the basic idea of ‘Jirisan’ several years ago. I started the planning process two years ago when I was personally going through a tough time. After doing a lot of projects with murder, I wanted to try something healing. I decided to set the drama on Mount Jiri with mountains and trees and nature, about rangers who save people’s lives.”

I am so glad that KEH found an outlet for her own personal difficulty through this drama, and pray that she herself has found healing from it. JJW himself found playing LJH in Signal took such an emotional toll on his life that he had to break away to do something as far removed as possible from that character, so I have wondered how she detaches herself from the darker side of life that her works invariably requires her to immerse in. From how she described Jirisan, perhaps it will not be as dark or bleak a tale as her previous works. Definitely even more intrigued than ever, and can't wait for it to air. Rooting for it to showcase yet another side of this amazing writer, and to resonate with viewers as always.

• Heart Eyes 2

Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, Sung Dong Il, Oh Jung Se, And Jo Han Chul Risk The Storm In “Jirisan” Group Poster

Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, Sung Dong Il, Oh Jung Se, And Jo Han Chul Risk The Storm In “Jirisan” Group Poster

Oct 13, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “Jirisan” has unveiled a group poster of the main cast!

Written by Kim Eun Hee (“Signal,” “Kingdom”), “Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo, who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the rangers at the national park as they begin to uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident on the mountain.

Sung Dong Il, Oh Jung Se, and Jo Han Chul play the other rangers at Mount Jiri National Park. Sung Dong Il’s character, Jo Dae Jin, has been a ranger for half his life. He is a simple, honest man who is fully committed to his work and takes responsibility for his junior colleagues. Oh Jung Se’s character, Jung Goo Young, is extremely practical and always leaves his job right on the clock, regularly takes vacation days, and disappears as soon as he’s dismissed. Jo Han Chul’s character, Park Il Hae, is slow on the uptake but he has a simple tenaciousness and a clear sense of responsibility.

The new group poster for “Jirisan” shows all five rangers risking the elements in order to save the lost and stranded on the mountain. Jun Ji Hyun faces down a fierce fire, while Joo Ji Hoon embraces his responsibilities in his serious and determined expression. Sung Dong Il, who plays the branch office head, takes the lead in a crisis situation, while Oh Jung Se and Jo Han Chul also throw themselves into the rescue effort in full gear. The poster also shows that the rangers are on call no matter whether it’s day and night and making use of special equipment like helicopters.

jirisan.jpeg

cr. Soompi

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

She is one hot mama. 

Does he look skinnier than when he was in Hyenna? Maybe I need to climb some mountains too.

Nice to see Oh Jung Se again

Spoiler

I think he's on Tvn almost every weekend since Vincenzo . LOL..Oh wait he wasn't in Mine & The Devil Judge 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, And More Talk About Visiting Mount Jiri, Working With “Kingdom” Writer Kim Eun Hee, And More

Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, And More Talk About Visiting Mount Jiri, Working With “Kingdom” Writer Kim Eun Hee, And More

Oct 13, 2021
by C. Hong

On October 13, tvN’s upcoming drama “Jirisan” held an online press conference with writer Kim Eun Hee (“Signal,” “Kingdom”), cinematographer Choi Sang Mook, and cast members Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, Oh Jung Se, and Jo Han Chul. Sung Dong Il also stars in the drama but was not present at the conference. Lee Eung Bok (“Descendants of the Sun,” “Sweet Home”) is the director.

jirisan1.jpeg

“Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, Mount Jiri’s top ranger, and Joo Ji Hoon as Kang Hyun Jo, her rookie partner who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows what happens at the national park when the two begin to uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident on the mountain.

Writer Kim Eun Hee said, “I’d never gone to Mount Jiri before I wrote ‘Jirisan,’ so I had a vague longing for it. I think that Mount Jiri is a space that people seek out of a cherished dream or longing. It’s a land that has been layered with people’s desire and sorrow, so I thought that many mysterious or fantastic or inexplicable things could happen there.”

She continued, “If an accident happens in the city, then you call emergency services. If an accident happens on the mountain, then they send the rangers, who know the mountain better than anyone else. Rangers are people who rescue people. That made a big impression me.”

Jun Ji Hyun, who worked with Kim Eun Hee in “Kingdom: Ashin of the North,” said, “I like that Kim Eun Hee’s script is so detailed. A scene might seem completely ordinary, but is actually a key part of the overall storyline. As time passes, those stand out more clearly, and makes me think, ‘This is Kim Eun Hee.'”

jun-ji-hyun-jirisan.jpeg

Joo Ji Hoon, who worked with Kim Eun Hee on the “Kingdom” series, said, “It’s been about five years since I started working with Kim Eun Hee. At this point, it feels like she’s an aunt that I see during the holidays. Kim Eun Hee’s scripts have a lot of detail and you can’t read them carelessly. If you don’t read it properly, you can’t move on to the next part. She has a knack for writing difficult scenes in a comfortable way, which makes it fun for the viewers, but there are a lot of scenes when you’re straddling the border between two emotions as an actor. It feels like she’s always teaching me something new.”

Spoiler

joo-ji-hoon-jirisan.jpeg

Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon met during Jun Ji Hyun’s brief appearance at the end of the second season of “Kingdom.” Jun Ji Hyun said, “Since we’d worked together before, our chemistry this time was good.” Joo Ji Hoon added, “I’ve been a fan of Jun Ji Hyun since I was young. I was fascinated on our first meeting. But when we met, she treated me so comfortably, and even though she must have had a tough time on set, she would throw her whole body into her acting.”

Jun Ji Hyun said, “I like mountains a lot. Rather than climbing difficult mountains, I like to enjoy nature and go on courses that are light treks. I went to Mount Jiri for the first time for this drama and I realized what it was like to feel small in front of the vastness of nature.” She added, “The physical part of filming wasn’t too difficult. We had gear and everything, so we just flew around.”

Jo Han Chul, who has appeared in several tvN weekend dramas in 2021, such as “Vincenzo,” “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” and now “Jirisan,” said, “It wasn’t my intention, but I’m grateful and honored to have appeared in three tvN projects this year. Standing in front of Mount Jiri is like standing in front of the ocean. I’ve gone to Mount Jiri serval times, but it really makes you feel small. Whether it’s the ocean or the mountain, it makes you realize that you’re just a guest in this world. You think philosophical thoughts like, the mountain will rule here before, during, and after our brief lifetimes.”

Spoiler

jo-han-chul-jirisan.jpeg

Oh Jung Se shared, “Jun Ji Hyun got so into character as Seo Yi Kang that for a scene where she hits me on the head and laughs, she started laughing even before she hit me. Normally you’d ask for a retake, but she just started laughing. It was kind of amazing.”

Spoiler

oh-jung-se-jirisan.jpeg

Jun Ji Hyun’s character, Seo Yi Kang, is the same age as Jo Han Chul and Oh Jung Se’s characters. In reality, Jo Han Chul and Oh Jung Se are several years older than Jun Ji Hyun. The actress said, “I hope there are no misunderstandings. They’re older than me. They’re like uncles to me, but we’re the same age in the drama. I asked Kim Eun Hee if I could speak so informally to my uncles and I had a hard time. I want to take this chance to apologize to them.”

Spoiler

jo-han-chul-jun-ji-hyun-oh-jung-se-joo-j

cr. Soompi

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

15 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Plus that first description made Jun Ji Hyun sound as if she is much older than himself. I checked and they are the same age lol!

They're the same age, but she's actually been an actress longer than he has, so she is his senior in experience in both terms of length of activity as well as the projects done. . It wouldn't surprise me to hear that he addressed her as sunbae-nim when they met.

Jun Ji Hyun has made the romance drama Il Mare with Lee Jung Jae in 2000 that was very well received, then went on to make the rom-com My Sassy Girl with Cha Tae Hyun the next year that made box office record in Korea and was successfully exported around the world. More recently, she's been in blockbuster Korean movies such as The Thieves and The Berlin File as well as 2 of the highest rated k-dramas in My Love from the Stars and Legend of the Blue Sea/

Ju Ji Hoon's first lead was in the 2006 romance Princess Hours with Yoon Eun Hye, and while he has done very well as an actor, he doesn't have nearly the acclaim that Jun Ji Hyun has, nor the earning power or the movie star glamour, for that matter.

Having said all that, I'm anticipating this drama a lot given the acting prowess of both of these leads as well as the entire cast. The only thing I'm curious about is the script since I wasn't a fan of the original movie that this is supposed to be based on. However, it sounds different enough that I expect this drama to be better.

Btw, this...

jun-ji-hyun-jirisan.jpeg

She looks so fierce!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Am so excited with the latest highlight reel. 1 more week to go! 

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, And More Struggle To Protect The People Who Climb The Mountain In “Jirisan” Teaser

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, And More Struggle To Protect The People Who Climb The Mountain In “Jirisan” Teaser

Oct 15, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN has released a highlight reel of their upcoming drama “Jirisan”!

“Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as Kang Hyun Jo, her rookie partner who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the rangers at the national park as they uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident on the mountain.

The highlight clip begins by introducing the beautiful landscape of Mount Jiri, an important mountain in Korean history and culture and the tallest mountain on the Korean mainland. (The tallest mountain in Korea is Mount Halla on Jeju Island.) The voice-over speaks of Mount Jiri as a place where many people have brought their hopes, desires, and fears. Despite the beautiful landscape, the clip soon shows that it is also a place of danger, where natural disasters like fires, flash floods, and just the harsh mountain terrain can lead to death for inexperienced mountain climbers.

The first line of defence for these climbers are the national park rangers, who are deployed in emergencies because they know the mountain better than ordinary emergency services. Those who climb the mountain do so for their own reasons, but the caption reads, “The ultimate goal of everyone who climbs this mountain is the same. To come back down again.” To achieve this goal, the rangers battle the elements, trauma, stress, panic, and more in order to rescue the people who are stranded on the mountain.

The second part of the highlight clip shows the lighter side of the rangers’ lives. They often have to deal with people who want to trespass into forbidden areas or pay no attention to environmental conservation. Seo Yi Kang, Park Il Hae (Jo Han Chul), and Jung Goo Young (Oh Jung Se) are the same age and became rangers at the same time, so the others often rag on Seo Yi Kang about her past. Kang Hyun Jo struggles to adjust to the other rangers’ pace, with Jung Goo Young quipping, “The only thing he’s got is that he’s tall.” Jung Goo Young has a crush on Lee Yang Sun (Joo Min Kyung), an administrative employee at the national park, but she rejects his advances.

The third part of the clip hints at the mystery that the rangers will get swept up in. There is rumor of a ghost that will kill any climber who sees it, and there are signs that someone is murdering people on the mountain and making them look like accidents. The drama also hints that Seo Yi Kang lost someone she was close to in an accident on Mount Jiri when she was younger.

Check out the clip with English subtitles below!

cr. Soompi

Edited by liddi
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

“Someone is killing people on the mountain”. Woohoo it’s a mystery!

Thanks for the highlight @mademoiselle @liddi. At the beginning, the mountain looked so attractive and there seemed to be a footpath for an easy walk. I was thinking whether it was open to tourists, you know with F&B kiosks and gift shops along the way, cause I wouldn’t mind trying it 😂 By the end of the video, it became “not going anymore” 🤣.

This looks like a fantastic cast and from the short clip, Oh Jung Se and Jun Ji Hyun look like shoo-ins for award nominations again.

Thanks @stroppyse for the intro to the 2 leads. I’ve also read somewhere that after My Love From A Star, JJH did commercials only for a period and raked in $40M a year!

Greatly anticipating this, though the weekly waits for episodes is likely to be torturing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Chocolate It's not KEH if there isn't a mystery or murder somewhere :laugh:

Great cast indeed. My heart ached so much watching OJS and JJH tear up... and that's from not even knowing the context. Truly anticipating its broadcast. Any idea how many episodes we're getting each week? Please give us at least 2. One a week as in the case of Missing Noir M will be unbearable!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Greatly anticipating this, though the weekly waits for episodes is likely to be torturing.

All  I can say is that I am ready to move on from the seaside to the mountains! :hug:

IQIYI must have had a fierce bid with NF for this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@abs-oluteM @Chocolate I think I'd still choose the seaside over the mountains xD

To be able to see the visual of the mountains, I'd have to CLIMB it first. That in itself is something I can't / not interested in doing unless you can helicopter me to the top! :laugh: However with the oceans, I've seen the beautiful view of the blue ocean when I was in Taiwan, think it was Genting (by car) and it was soooo beautiful. Blue over Green for me too, hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is Ep1, which indicates Kang Hyun Jo is already in the thick of things? Does it mean we are then given flashbacks to early days when he first joined them? Is it next Saturday already?

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, Sung Dong Il, And More Have Just 30 Minutes To Save A Life In “Jirisan” Preview

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, Sung Dong Il, And More Have Just 30 Minutes To Save A Life In “Jirisan” Preview

Oct 16, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “Jirisan” has released a preview of the first episode!

Written by Kim Eun Hee (“Signal,” “Kingdom”), “Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as Kang Hyun Joo, her rookie partner who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the rangers at the national park as they uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

The first episode preview starts with the rangers being deployed in the middle of a typhoon to find a lost mountain climber on Mount Jiri. Despite the pouring rain, flash floods, and fierce winds, the rangers only have 30 minutes of “golden time” to locate the climber before they are considered beyond saving.

The rangers include Seo Yi Kang (Jun Ji Hyun), Kang Hyun Jo (Joo Ji Hoon), Jung Goo Young (Oh Jung Se), Lee Da Won (Go Min Si), Haedong Branch Office head Jo Dae Jin (Sung Dong Il), Bidam Shelter head Park Il Hae (Jo Han Chul), and Haedong Branch Office administrative employee Lee Yang Sun (Joo Min Kyung).

The voice-over shows that there is conflict within the rangers about what to do within these precious 30 minutes. Some of the rangers are willing to risk their own lives on the chance that the climber is still alive, while others are less willing to take that bet. There are hints of a greater mystery as someone says, “I keep seeing the place where all the stranded people are,” and Jo Dae Jin asks Seo Yi Kang, “What exactly happened to you and Hyun Jo?” Lee Da Won is shocked at the sight of something, and later watches with Jung Goo Young as someone is carried out in a body bag.

Check out the first episode preview of “Jirisan” below!

cr. Soompi

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Joo Ji Hoon Talks About Why He Chose To Star In “Jirisan,” Reuniting With “Kingdom” Writer Kim Eun Hee, And More

Oct 20, 2021 by S. Cho

Ahead of the premiere of “Jirisan,” Joo Ji Hoon shared behind-the-scenes stories from filming, spoke about his character, and more!

Written by Kim Eun Hee (“Signal,” “Kingdom”), tvN’s “Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as Kang Hyun Jo, her rookie partner who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the rangers at the national park as they uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

Regarding his decision to star in the series, Joo Ji Hoon shared, “Although I’ve already worked on a project with writer Kim Eun Hee, I had a lot of curiosity this time in terms of ‘What kind of story will unfold?’ and ‘How will she utilize a place of nature like Jirisan in the project?’ I chose this because I wanted to try working with director Lee Eung Bok, who has been producing great dramas, and Jun Ji Hyun, who portrays every character in a charming manner.”

Joo-Ji-Hoon-1.jpeg

In the drama, Joo Ji Hoon stars as rookie ranger Kang Hyun Jo, who hides a big secret and a mysterious past. When asked to pick three key words for his character, Joo Ji Hoon answered, “Jirisan,” “willpower,” and “youngest.” He explained, “Kang Hyun Jo is the youngest out of all the rangers and is someone who loves people. Hyun Jo, who is originally from Seoul, ends up at Jirisan because of people. He’s someone whose willpower and sense of responsibility for protecting people and the mountain are stronger than anyone else.”

Joo Ji Hoon continued, “It was around late summer last year. Before we officially went into filming, the writer suggested that we personally go visit Mount Jiri. Our writer, who was only focused on writing, could have a chance to refresh. I also thought that even greater things could come out as it’s the setting of the drama and I’m the type to meet often with the director and writer, who know the project’s characters best, and discuss how to create my character.”

Adding on about their teamwork, Joo Ji Hoon commented, “While we spoke about a lot of things, starting with casual conversation to discussions about the project, the writer shared her opinions like, ‘It would be great if this exact facial expression came from Hyun Jo during this scene,’ so I received lots of help in creating my character.”

Joo-Ji-Hoon-2.jpegJoo-Ji-Hoon-3.jpeg

Lastly, Joo Ji Hoon shared, “[My character] has a completely different personality and career from all the characters I’ve acted as before, and because the background is Mount Jiri, a lot of topics are new. I think all of this will be seen as a ‘new side.'”

“Jirisan” premieres on October 23. Watch a preview here!

Source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2