The Oath of Love 余生,请多指教 [2022]

Tofu

13 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

[There's also the other one with Jeremy whom I'm buying time for as well.. heh heh ]

This one @Tofuso into it, I need to keep luring her back here to check lovely XZ😂 

Spoiler

Fair Xing I like her on Miss Crow with Mr Lizard the most. I do watched Master Devil Do Not Kiss and it was quite addictive too. 

Yang Zi most prominent work is Ashes of Love, as for the rest I unable to complete them. The Psychologist pretty good, but lost it steam after 30th episodes. 

@40somethingahjumma@movingwheelep 8 translated 🥳 Pardon me, I'm just too excited to see it hahaha.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I love this show so much. It's my latest crack viewing. I find myself grinning from ear to ear from the beginning to the end of each episode. Goodness knows how many times I've rewatched Episode 7.  Fortunately there are new episodes everyday even if it's just one on the weekend days. Fingers crossed that this will be my favourite contemporary C drama romance since You Are My Glory. (Reset was great but not strictly a romance)

Episode 8 like Episode 7 was sooo good. I love how we're spoilt with so many interactions between the leads. It also has all my favourite romance tropes in it -- the male lead falling for the female lead first so he does all kinds of delightful things to get her attention. To me a man chasing a woman is absolutely the way God intended it. By the way, I adored the bit where he tried so hard to explain to Xiao Xiao that he and Gao Xi are just colleagues. He even repeated himself and stressed the point. LOL. Too bad she didn't get the hint. Also when he said that he would like to be looked after by someone the way she and her mother looks after the dad... LOL... again it just went over her head. 

Dear little Qiuqiu. What an astute kid -- loved his drawings. Is Xiao Xiao really that slow on the uptake? Can't she see that it's Gu Wei? With all the things he's been doing, does she really not know how he feels about her? 

Gao Xi looks destined to go down the road of all secondary female leads in what looks to be a potentially nasty love triangle. She can't get Gu Wei to give her the attention she wants so she uses his parents to attack him from the rear end. It's interesting that all these years of them being classmates and colleagues, she doesn't see herself as being friendzoned. He's not really into you dear. If he were, you'd be probably be engaged or married by now. Besides, using his parents is only going to make things a lot more awkward and make him think a lot less of you as well for resorting to these cheap tricks.

The way they leads interact is so wonderfully normal and organic. It's hilarious and cute that Gu Wei finds it hard to keep his hands off her. They're not even dating and he's already touched her hair, forehead and held on to her hand and arm. 

Did I say I love this show so muchly?

@SilverMoonTeaUnless it's for the technical, medical terms, I don't usually need the subs. I can pretty much watch this show raw.

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Tasty 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Goodness knows how many times I've rewatched Episode 7. 

I rewatched ep 7 one time 😂 

I like episode 8 so much and also keep smiling non-stop. And probably heart skip a beat for one or two times 😅 Especially when he just grab her hand in school orchestra. 

The drama have similarity to Chocolate (K drama) and Healer of Children (C drama), which both I really love. Just here the FL not a doctor, but the rest have similar feeling. 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can pretty much watch this show raw.

Envy you so much ! Haha... Btw ep 8 in darksite only 35 mins, after GW sent ZX home, she realised she took his suit and then it's just cutoff and stop there. Normally there is a little theatre of Gu and Lin, but these time there is none. 

Every each episode like become lovelier than before and outdone the previous episode. I hope those that tried ep 1 and not too impressed with it, will continue and give it more chance.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I tend to check their real life interaction, if the romance in drama is good. And look what I found, I'm not too familiar with all YZ BTS, but she took extra miles for XZ this time ! 

He also sang back to her

Oh and who can forgot those famous dress lifting by XZ? Cos it was embedded in my mind when I saw it back then, and now it's even lovelier after I watched the drama.  

• Like 3

I finished all the available episodes today! I would like to point out that there is a TV and a web version of this drama. Be careful when you're watching to make sure you're always watching the same version each time so you don't miss any scenes. The TV version is shorter (roughly 35 minutes) and the web version is longer (roughly 45 minutes). Right now, the web version is only up to episode 7 and the TV version has 8 episodes. To clarify the comment @SilverMoonTea made about the little theatre scenes at the end of each episodes, you'll normally find those in the web version. The TV version will not always have those, if not have them at all. 

I had a hard time getting through the first two or three episodes. There was something about it that didn't really capture my attention. It wasn't until both leads resolved their misunderstandings and started building a friendship for me to enjoy what I was watching. 

Yang Zi is definitely the stronger actor of the two and it shows in many of their scenes, but I don't think Xiao Zhan is entirely bad either. I've only seen him with long hair in a costume drama so it's nice to see him in a modern drama for a change. 

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

By the way, I adored the bit where he tried so hard to explain to Xiao Xiao that he and Gao Xi are just colleagues. He even repeated himself and stressed the point. LOL. Too bad she didn't get the hint. Also when he said that he would like to be looked after by someone the way she and her mother looks after the dad... LOL... again it just went over her head. 

I laughed so much watching this especially when he made the comment about wanting someone to take care of him too. :lmao2: Xiao Xiao is so oblivious to his feeling. Even in the previews where he's forcing her to research apartments for him and go with him to see them, she didn't catch on that he's doing that to spend time with her. 

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Gao Xi looks destined to go down the road of all secondary female leads in what looks to be a potentially nasty love triangle. She can't get Gu Wei to give her the attention she wants so she uses his parents to attack him from the rear end. It's interesting that all these years of them being classmates and colleagues, she doesn't see herself as being friendzoned. He's not really into you dear. If he were, you'd be probably be engaged or married by now. Besides, using his parents is only going to make things a lot more awkward and make him think a lot less of you as well for resorting to these cheap tricks. 

I hate it when the second leads use the parents. That's so manipulative. If they've been together for that long and he's still not interested, he probably won't be any time soon. Gao Xi is rigid and selfish in her thinking whereas Xiao Xiao is free spirited. If I was Gu Wei, I would be more drawn to Xiao Xiao too. 

By the way, we will get lots of hugs in this drama! :heart:

TOOL-02-02.gif

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Oh and who can forgot those famous dress lifting by XZ? Cos it was embedded in my mind when I saw it back then, and now it's even lovelier after I watched the drama.  

I remember seeing this and thought it was very nice of him. I agreed that it's heartwarming seeing this while the drama is airing. 

Here was Xiao Zhan performing his OST from the drama the same event. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

It's one of the show's strengths that it can turn ordinary everyday events into something quite magical. Although 9 and 10 weren't as amazing as 6-8, I certainly enjoyed the flat hunting scenes and the humour that ensued from Zhixiao bargaining down the rental price using a ridiculous tale of woe. I also loved how San San helps Xiao Xiao realise that Gu Wei is acting rather more than friendly or just being a caring doctor. Of course she's more experienced in such matters and so she's better able to perceive what's going on and direct her friend accordingly. I cut Xiao Xiao some slack because she's new to all this and a fair bit younger.

I know that some people think that a show is only really interesting if there are villains or obstacles but Gao Xi is increasingly a menace. Not only is she completely unprofessional towards Xiao Xiao but she's invading Gu Wei's privacy and turning into a tattle tale. Reading someone's private emails? I don't even do that to my husband or kids. And then carrying tales to his parents? Really? I don't think his parents are much better in the way that they are trying to control him. What era are they living in? Gu Wei is grown man in his early thirties. He wants a bit of independence and he can afford to live on his own -- how is that a bad thing? I think he's earned some trust and respect from them especially when he's done so well in his career on his own.

Studio version of Xiao Zhan singing Luckiest Fortune (or the Greatest Blessing) complete with spoilers from the show.

• Like 3

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahahaahhaa I'm quite surprise movingwheel. When he crowned as most handsome guy in 2020, I was like asking @Tofu"Who is he?" :laugh:

and trust me when I say this , both Yibo and Xiao Zhan were spectacular in The Untamed...it is one of those drama which Netflix picked while Netflix does not invest that much in C Dramas , the way they do it for K Dramas...

• Like 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@NiteWalker First Dr. Gu should put Dr. Gao at her place. She is overstepping her boundary. If a man spends whole day with a woman hunting apartment but in the end chooses to move to the apartment chosen by his colleague , it does not just hurt, it stings. The writer should have at least shown that he is discussing this matter with lady doctor and Lin Zhixiao. That would have been respectful.

• Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

4 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

@NiteWalker First Dr. Gu should put Dr. Gao at her place. She is overstepping her boundary. If a man spends whole day with a woman hunting apartment but in the end chooses to move to the apartment chosen by his colleague , it does not just hurt, it stings. The writer should have at least shown that he is discussing this matter with lady doctor and Lin Zhixiao. That would have been respectful.

he already put Gao at her place....

she should be aware of it from the start at how Gu always put himself at a safe distance in between him and her while he never put up a barrier in between him and ZhiXiao so that is indication enough

just Gao didnt admit defeat and still believe that she had a chance with Gu when she obviously doesnt have it from the start.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

he already put Gao at her place....

she should be aware of it from the start at how Gu always put himself at a safe distance in between him and her while he never put up a barrier in between him and ZhiXiao so that is indication enough

just Gao didnt admit defeat and still believe that she had a chance with Gu when she obviously doesnt have it from the start.

Did he? i do not have subtitles for ep 12...

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

3 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

Did he? i do not have subtitles for ep 12...

yes, he told him anything about work should be discuss at work and tell her try not to come to his home to discuss about work...

that is pretty loud and clear to me that he didnt want her in his personal spaces and the way he protected his plants when Gao went to his office 

is pretty telling too

not to mention when Gao offer him half of his cake he didnt take it either and put ZhiXiao in between the two of them....if im Gao i took the indication and bow out of the scenes before embarrassing myself further

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yes, he told him anything about work should be discuss at work and tell her try not to come to his home to discuss about work...

that is pretty loud and clear to me that he didnt want her in his personal spaces and the way he protected his plants when Gao went to his office 

is pretty telling too

not to mention when Gao offer him half of his cake he didnt take it either and put ZhiXiao in between the two of them....if im Gao i took the indication and bow out of the scenes before embarrassing myself further

it is also true that there are people who like to embarass themselves .... running after a man who does not like her.

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

@NiteWalker

I haven't seen the latest episodes yet but I've been noticing that the age gap, differing personalities and interests were going to become a factor. I agree with the original Twitter poster actually because it seems to me that Lin Zhixiao has her immature moments and she's trying too hard to change Gu Wei even though he is really doing his best to accommodate her. It fits in with the more realistic aspects of the show. Yes, they both like each other and they can do what it takes to make it work but there first has to be an acknowledgement that they are both very different which has its charms but it also can become obstacles. In Episode 11, why did Xiaoxiao throw a tantrum and call Sansan? Why didn't she just call Gu Wei or text him directly? Her response is understandable on some level because she put so much effort into creating the brochure but it does show an underlying immaturity when she doesn't try to communicate with him directly about her feelings. I also see that he's trying to please her as much as he can but she's not exactly trying to see things from his perspective. He knows, because he is much more mature, that he likes her because she has all these wonderful qualities and perspectives that he doesn't. He is attracted to her on that basis and know that he has to accommodate her if he wants to have a long-term relationship. Her thinking, on the other hand, reflects her lack of experience of life. She thinks that if he likes her, he should let her have her way in everything which isn't how these things work because Gu Wei is special to her because he is who he is -- thoughtful, meticulous and serious. As a gastroenterologist it makes sense that he would be concerned about healthy eating while she just wants to live it up as you'd expect of a university age student. She isn't thinking that far into the future in the way he would as an older man and a physician of considerable experience already. I don't think it's fair for Gu Wei to try and change himself completely for her because it might end up making him more irresponsible.

I'm personally not that bothered by the age gap but it can be a problem if there are aspects of the couple that don't jell and if at least one party isn't interested in negotiating the obvious differences. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

14 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I haven't seen the latest episodes yet but I've been noticing that the age gap, differing personalities and interests were going to become a factor. I agree with the original Twitter poster actually because it seems to me that Lin Zhixiao has her immature moments and she's trying too hard to change Gu Wei even though he is really doing his best to accommodate her.

very true....ZhiXiao at some level as university student which i believe should have some level of maturity that she lack off....she is forcing way to hard while GuWei is definitely letting her having her ways make it even worst in a sense.

16 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I don't think it's fair for Gu Wei to try and change himself completely for her because it might end up making him more irresponsible.

im on the same page here with you....while we expect some changes ... there is times when u love someone its because of this differences that you want to preserve however from times to times i had been seeing ZhiXiao seem to be very focus on her way and wants more than thinking of a way to jive both of them together on a common ground instead

17 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm personally not that bothered by the age gap but it can be a problem if there are aspects of the couple that don't jell and if at least one party isn't interested in negotiating the obvious differences. 

age isnt the major issues....however more like the 'differences' and as much as GuWei tends to accommodate ZhiXiao, he too has his own pride and the lack of trust from ZhiXiao in his ability seems to have hurt him in the latest episodes 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1