The Oath of Love 余生,请多指教 [2022]

Tofu

It might just be me, but I'm getting slight flashback of Yang Zi's character in Go Go Squid whenever the immaturity in Zhi Xiao shows. I really dislike her character in GGS, so I hope that Zhi Xiao show some character growth soon. 

I am behind on this series because I got caught up with Business Proposal the last two days. :lmao2:

• Like 2
On 3/24/2022 at 9:12 AM, Tofu said:

It might just be me, but I'm getting slight flashback of Yang Zi's character in Go Go Squid whenever the immaturity in Zhi Xiao shows. I really dislike her character in GGS, so I hope that Zhi Xiao show some character growth soon. 

I am behind on this series because I got caught up with Business Proposal the last two days. :lmao2:

i thought i'm the only who had a feeling that that YangZi's character here mimic GGS characters lols

• Like 2

This drama is the only good thing happening in my life right now !

On 3/25/2022 at 9:03 AM, NiteWalker said:

i thought i'm the only who had a feeling that that YangZi's character here mimic GGS characters lols

oh she mimics....sometimes she over boards too just to act cute.... i feel really really weird out then... 

people can be cute while being matured too.... her character lacks that maturity..

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Just now, NiteWalker said:

not only her...even XZ lack the solid feeling of an adult.....not sure how...it just a lack of feeling there....

Yes true !!! XZ smile is to die for.... but being a doctor and an aged one at that as per script , he can be romantic even when he is cute....but his character should have that feel of being independent and capable of forming an objective opinions because he is more mature....but some decisions are worth questioning for...

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

15 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

Yes true !!! XZ smile is to die for.... but being a doctor and an aged one at that as per script , he can be romantic even when he is cute....but his character should have that feel of being independent and capable of forming an objective opinions because he is more mature....but some decisions are worth questioning for...

when he told off his colleagues at the gathering for belittling ZhiXiao doesnt felt catching for me to be honest....even though im seeing alot of ppl aaahing and oooing over how overbearing and overwhelming that felt for them....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

when he told off his colleagues at the gathering for belittling ZhiXiao doesnt felt catching for me to be honest....even though im seeing alot of ppl aaahing and oooing over how overbearing and overwhelming that felt for them....

he does come across as a bit aloof but not totally.... not comparing or anything...just saying that Jing Boran or YY as Xiao Nai conveys aloofness properly, it is missing here.... there is crack through aloofness for Dr. Gu ...

That scene was okayish for me.... i did not find it that compelling... XZ still has a lot of room for improvement...

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

The renting apartment a bit draggy for my liking, so it's almost like from ep 7 to ep 11 or something. Glad ep 12 the violinist guy spice up back this drama. 

Tbh Gu and ZX felt like quite uncompatible as couple. But then it reminded me to some quotes that whats important in relationship is not so much on how compatible you are but how you deal with compatibility. 

ZX looks happier with the violinist and they shared the same interest. The piece of song they played together is quite beautiful. Dr Gu need to step up his game if he doesnt want to beaten up by this senior 😂

• Like 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On more serious note, I can understand why doctor - patient relationship is not allowed. And in this case even doctor - family patient. In the spur of moment and angriness she's threatening to bring his father overseas, as she dissapointed with him being in party. I can see how the relationship is imbalanced, and power trip can happened. 

And in the other hand, that 2nd OTP actually so immature and they do the primary couple more danger and give more trouble because of their intervention rather than being helpful 😬 Their main purpose on this drama is to annoyed viewers to no end I think 😅

About the senior violinist, he also quite intrusive in my opinion. He almost decided everything on his own, not even sure if he's ready to be responsible on the outcome. As it's very crucial decision for this family. The quarel in the family between the father and mother I think is very common in traditional Chinese family household. The good intention is there, but emotion running high and end up hurting the people you loved more. 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

19 hours ago, movingwheel said:

apparently they have increased no of episodes.. @NiteWalker

a bit unnecessary, kinda draggy for me most of the things....

14 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

And in the other hand, that 2nd OTP actually so immature and they do the primary couple more danger and give more trouble because of their intervention rather than being helpful 😬 Their main purpose on this drama is to annoyed viewers to no end I think 😅

im starting to lose interest in all the CPs regardless the main or the 2nd one ... i felt there alot of unnecessary action in between....

even the 3rd CP that ended up broken up recently were a little too gluish to my thoughts im not too sure....how to review the whole drama to be honest....

its almost like the things are all over and in between....ZX is acting too immature and being too cute in a sense....is there anything like being 'too' cute? :idk:

also i dunno why i cant stick the label 'doctor' on Dr. Gu either....there a lack of firmness.... or something in between....

i think Dr Gao look more like a doctor than Dr. Gu does :x

• Like 2

I finished the drama this past week. I think it was an easy drama to follow. When they were not communicating effectively, most were resolved quickly. I think the issue at the end of the drama was probably the one issue where I thought dragged on a bit. Gu Wei thinks that he is protecting her if he doesn't share his struggles, but it was doing the opposite of that. 

Actually....now that I'm writing this, there were major communication issues with all three couples. The first couple, the guy was too afraid to express his feelings with the girl even those they had been dating for over 10 years. The second couple, the guy hid the fact that he mortgaged the café in his investment. Instead of talking about it with the girl, he ran away. With the main couple, Gu Wei never talked about his struggles even though she was very open about hers. They eventually separated for a brief period because he refused to tell her even though she asked him about it. 

Nevertheless, it was still a fun and light drama to watch amidst some of the heavier stuff I'm watching. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I just finished this a while ago and I have to said that this drama is an okay one if you got nothing to watch. The story is okay, the director is dreadful, the makeup artist shouldn't allowed to touch any human face and a miscasted drama.

I love XZ but I don't think he pulled off a genius doctor role. He lacked the professional vibes. He looked like he was cosplaying as a sexy doctor...:PsyWhat: He is great as BF role though. He is such an eye candy with a to die for smile. While YZ is cringy when she has to acts cutesy. Both CP are great when it came to emotional and tears jerking scenes.  They aren't the type who worry to look unpretty on screen. Also XZ needs to attend a kissing on screen boot camp.

The 3 side couples story, I breezed through it by FF. So no idea what were their story...:shocked:

• Haha 1