La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

Ok I must admit this...I did say I've moved on pretty well with DDSSLLS...but I haven't with these two called La La Jun! Arggh! @stroppyse Thank you for creating this for peeps like us haha. :eeeee:Perhaps that epilogue or special episode we didn't get is here as "La La Jun" and our shared minds and hearts here are the continuation of them after the end of DDSSLLS. 

I realised that there's so many more to say about these two characters while discussing about the whole drama and its progress in the drama thread so I'm really happy to have this space where we can share more on them fully. I thought about ways LaLa or Jun made me reflect on my own self or the world out there with the little things they do or say, either to each other or the people around them. And most of the time, how they just made me smile or laugh a lot. 

To start of, I'm sharing one of my favourite scenes which I would picture this as the kind of conversations in their lifetime together after the final reunion and kiss of ep.16 :yayaya:

(From episode 7)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I've said this before, but LJW may not be the most drop dead gorgeous guy out there, but there is something soooo charismatic about him. His charisma and his solid acting is what draws me to his characters every time. He doesn't have a huge filmography yet, but he's been outstanding in every one.

Exactly! When I first saw him in Search:WWW as a jerk he portrayed so well and in that first introduction scene alone, I was intrigued. Haha. It's not like he was introduced as that typical handsome and heroic cool guy. I'm glad in DDSSLLS, as a lead, he gets to show even more solid acting. I know he's more known as the jerk from Extraordinary You and people love him there but I will always prefer him as the jerk being slapped with seaweed in "What's Wrong with My Mother-in-Law" from Search:WWW lol. 

But thanks to DDSSLLS, I can't help but think I really love LJW as Jun, can't think of anyone else to portray Jun. Also, he made me angry as I supposed to be, when Jun was being a jerk in those episodes we all know of. So that's a good thing. 

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Yayyyy, subbed! Soft subs, so you need to turn on CC on Youtube to read them. I also included the Thai, which I ran through a few translators :)

I'm going out for dinner, so I'll reply to everyone when I'm back.

Thank you @JenL, awesome work as always!! I'm still trying find the right time to rewatch DDSSLLS haha. 

8 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

So true about LJW , he's appeal is universal! Lol!😍 cant wait to see his next project (but Im not sure if I can ship him with other actress that is NOT GoAra! 🤣).

Haha you're not alone, I do have the same sentiment for LJW's next project...what genre and which actress will he be paired next?! And also for GAR, can't wait for her next project too! 

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

@eNDe I love this scene too! Their playful banter was just too cute. Wish we got scenes of RaRaJun just living together for the finale.

This is my first drama with LJW, and I watched search www afterwards. Not that he was ever bad in the first place, but after watching that and the Netflix video his acting has really improved in DoDoSol. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 12/11/2020 at 9:48 AM, twinkler0415 said:

i'll just hold on to his words atleast,that he does not call her sunbaenim in private 

Hahaha, I don't think he would. "In private" sounds so funny though...like literally if they were the only ones in a room together? :smug::laugh:

On 12/11/2020 at 7:46 AM, stroppyse said:

GAR: Are you eating by yourself? (startling LJW)

LJW: What? Oh, what is this?

GAR: Is it delicious?

LJW: I tried to find you.

GAR: Are you sure you tried to find me?

LJW: Of course.

GAR: (to JM) Is it delicious?  (LJW walks past GAR into the room)

It's a cute bit of shooting set footage though. The interactions with JM are adorable. I'll try to post a full translation of the audio when I get a chance to do so. I checked the rest of the clip, but I didn't hear LJW call GAR noona.

Awww, thanks for this! I always wondered what they were talking about in that cute little interaction by the way! Hahaha why are they so cute :heart:

23 hours ago, purplefin said:

I did found that video too but did not hear "noona". Maybe in the dvd there will be one or more. Let's be positive. Wish they could both be guests together in variety shows.

Hoping the DVD gets made! Must admit, I caved in and pre-ordered! But it's being promoted as a behind the scenes DVD set, so I'll pay if I get more BTS footage...hopefully it's like new footage and longer segments of behind the scenes, not like all the stuff already shown by KBS but just on DVD :shocked:

It'd be so fun if they ended up doing a variety show together! It be like an extension of their Swoon games and KBS games. :BulbaOWO:

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I've said this before, but LJW may not be the most drop dead gorgeous guy out there, but there is something soooo charismatic about him. His charisma and his solid acting is what draws me to his characters every time. He doesn't have a huge filmography yet, but he's been outstanding in every one.

Yep, I totally agree with this. When I first watched Extraordinary You I was drawn to the prettiness of Rowoon and LJW was playing the jerk character anyway. But even with that initial jerk character (who had a subtle redemption arc towards the end), LJW managed to bring all the layers forward and in the end, I was so charmed by him and didn't care that much for the main character. I feel like charisma and talent actually gets me wayyyyy more than looks...so I'm a total sucker for LJW because he has both :wow:  And he is good looking when he does that cool gaze - sometimes he has angles that aren't straight out conventional (I think that's why he always says his mum tells him not to smile in a particular way ), but then again, I find even the prettiest stars have at least one angle that doesn't flatter them I guess :idk: Also, I think his fans who are charmed by his charisma are losties for him at all angles now, no matter what his mum has to say :laugh:

16 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

So true about LJW , he's appeal is universal! Lol! cant wait to see his next project (but Im not sure if I can ship him with other actress that is NOT GoAra! ). 

Hahaha, I know how you feel. I'm not even a shipper, but it's like I have a hard time letting go of a particular pairing I like...haha, so much so that I even have trouble even going back and watching the actor's past projects with romance stories :laugh::laugh::laugh: Search www and I'll come to you when the weather is fine are both high on my list, and both look cute....but I feel like even though these are past projects before DDSSLLS, I need some time before I can enjoy those pairings by themselves :psweatduck: So currently watching projects with neither GAR or LJW, but will definitely come back to them...probably when there's a drought of their news/ projects :PiplupCry:

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@JenL, you so totally rock! Thanks for subbing the video! 

You rock! Thanks for all the lovely translations! :pandablush:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@stroppyse @JenL

I agree regarding LJW, he might not be the most handsome actor (he is good looking though) but his charisma and talent makes up for it. 

He is very expressive and he gives justice to the characters he is playing.

I did watch him in extraordinary you though I haven't finish the series  because life happened :laugh: . But one cannot deny that he will become a big star one day.

@twinkler0415

I have that difficulty too, if I like a certain ship/pairing I find it hard to ship them with others...except if their chemistry is better with the other actor/actress. :laugh:

32 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I don't think he would. "In private" sounds so funny though...like literally if they were the only ones in a room together? :smug::laugh:

Hahaha. I did thought about that when I saw the vid. It says they are not like that in private, and I was like  :smug: . Shipper mode on. :laugh: 

* Like I have said in the other thread based on the netflix games, it seems like he has a tiny crush on GAR. She is really pretty and she's got lovely light  brown eyes. 

Thank you for the subs @JenL. 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
10 hours ago, eNDe said:

Perhaps that epilogue or special episode we didn't get is here as "La La Jun" and our shared minds and hearts here are the continuation of them after the end of DDSSLLS. 

I realised that there's so many more to say about these two characters while discussing about the whole drama and its progress in the drama thread so I'm really happy to have this space where we can share more on them fully. I thought about ways LaLa or Jun made me reflect on my own self or the world out there with the little things they do or say, either to each other or the people around them. And most of the time, how they just made me smile or laugh a lot. 

This is a lovely thought! I think we are all better at coming up with the epilogue of the drama :heart: And I think there's a really lovely feeling of doing it all together too :)

Yep, both these characters and actors are so charming :BulbaOWO: Their conversations were so beautiful and warm! And I look forward to what you and everyone has to say about them!

10 hours ago, eNDe said:

To start of, I'm sharing one of my favourite scenes which I would picture this as the kind of conversations in their lifetime together after the final reunion and kiss of ep.16 

This is what I'd love to imagine as their "forever" :hearties:

I loved all their playful talks. All of it was so heart-fluttery and fun. And I hope that would be their life together in the end.

9 hours ago, eNDe said:

Exactly! When I first saw him in Search:WWW as a jerk he portrayed so well and in that first introduction scene alone, I was intrigued. Haha. It's not like he was introduced as that typical handsome and heroic cool guy. I'm glad in DDSSLLS, as a lead, he gets to show even more solid acting. I know he's more known as the jerk from Extraordinary You and people love him there but I will always prefer him as the jerk being slapped with seaweed in "What's Wrong with My Mother-in-Law" from Search:WWW lol. 

But thanks to DDSSLLS, I can't help but think I really love LJW as Jun, can't think of anyone else to portray Jun. Also, he made me angry as I supposed to be, when Jun was being a jerk in those episodes we all know of. So that's a good thing. 

Hahaha, I thought he was only the good guy in Search WWW. But I'm guessing his bad character was his TV show character? I have to admit the only other LJW project I've seen is Extraordinary You, but I think I really liked his character there because I was so dismissive of him at the start. I really do not like the abusive guy stereotype....but I think because the story gave such interesting turns with Baek Kyung, and LJW had the charisma to bring him to life as a person, not just a villain, that it was hard to pull awayyyy :heart:

But yes, I love him as Jun! Even if he was sweet and salty (as he called his character in a past interview). And as his first lead role, I think he really made Jun such a memorable character with all his actions - whether he was flustered by a Lala compliment or proactively and playfully making a move on Lala :MewGiggle:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

9 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I thought he was only the good guy in Search WWW. But I'm guessing his bad character was his TV show character?

Yes, LJW plays a newbie actor named Seol Ji Wan in Search WWW, and he's been cast as a total jerk of a husband in a daily drama called "What's Wrong With My Mother-In_Law". He's mean to his wife and has a thing going on with his mother-in-law in that drama within a drama. Scarlet (SJW's eventual love interest) starts out by hating his drama character so much that she looks him up online to realize that SJW has no online presence at all. When they eventually and literally run into each other, Scarlet realizes that SJW is actually this super nice, super sweet guy who is a total newbie actor and doesn't have an agency to manage him yet or anything, so she gets involved with him as his fan to keep him from getting fired from his drama from being injured.

Anyway, it was cute, though not nearly as cute as DDSSLLS.

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Also, I think his fans who are charmed by his charisma are losties for him at all angles now, no matter what his mum has to say 

I'm with you in Extraordinary You that I was good with the OTP to start, but that Baek Kyung totally won me over by the end.

And, yes, I am charmed by him at every angle now. :love:

38 minutes ago, purplefin said:

Shipper mode on.

LOL. Hard not to ship these two, especially the more you saw of him. I would agree with you that I can see LJW having a bit of a crush on GAR. She really is lovely with the prettiest eyes and a warm personality. Not speculating about their RL relationship or anything, but I can see how they might be complementary personalities even in RL.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm with you in Extraordinary You that I was good with the OTP to start, but that Baek Kyung totally won me over by the end.

And, yes, I am charmed by him at every angle now. :love:

LOL. Hard not to ship these two, especially the more you saw of him. I would agree with you that I can see LJW having a bit of a crush on GAR. She really is lovely with the prettiest eyes and a warm personality. Not speculating about their RL relationship or anything, but I can see how they might be complementary personalities even in RL.

Same here on Extraordinary You! I had a hard time finishing the drama because Baek Kyung won me over big time that i hated every minute Dan Oh was with Ha Ru ! LOL! 🤣

every angle of LJW is really amazing! I kept on telling myself everytime I see a new still of him 'how can someone be this goodlooking!' 😆

I also think LJW has a bit of a crush with GAR especially the beginning of the drama. Remember the cable car kiss? You can really tell LJW is really nervous in the BTS LOL! The kiss , (as other fans would describe "kissing a cold fish", because in GAR previous drama, her kissing scene are definitely like that), maybe LJW was expecting it to be like a peck only, then she kissed him back! (My heeeaart!!) You see him quickly walk away then gets his head accidentally hit by a crew member 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, JenL said:

Hoping the DVD gets made! Must admit, I caved in and pre-ordered! But it's being promoted as a behind the scenes DVD set, so I'll pay if I get more BTS footage...hopefully it's like new footage and longer segments of behind the scenes, not like all the stuff already shown by KBS but just on DVD :shocked:

It'd be so fun if they ended up doing a variety show together! It be like an extension of their Swoon games and KBS games. :BulbaOWO:

We have the same thought @JenL, like they are the only ones i the room?? 😆 LoL! I'm wondering if the direct translation of what he said is really 'private'? What do you think @stroppyse

I really hope the DVD gets made... i see alot of GAR fan IG from Indonesia promoting it as well. 

What was the answer of LJW on what variety show he wants to do? Was it 3 meals a day? Imagine if it was 3 meals a day and with GAR! Its like having RaraJun epilogue!! 😍😍😍

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

@twinkler0415 I laughed so hard when I saw that BTS, LJW was so shy after the kiss scene that he just quickly fled from the cable car only to be hit by a props man! hahahaha I also think that he's in awe of GAR, he's so accommodating and sweet ;) I really like in one of the swoon games, he was tasked to throw a piece of popcorn into his mouth (3 tries) and when he was getting the popcorn in the bag, he said that he likes them in caramel flavor and GAR said that she does as well and he gave her a piece awww so sweet! and then said to her that she should eat it after his task hahaha

I also like the Swoon telepathy games (English subbed and Korean version) because even though their answers do not match most of the time haha they would talk about their answers with each other, I've seen the same game with other celebrities and most just answer the question and go on to the next one, I like that GAR and LJW discussed their answers to each other and try to get to know and understand one another. It shows how considerate they both are and are interested in each other (friendly or otherwise:smile:)

LJW is a newbie actor but he can definitely hold his ground against veteran actors and actresses in the field. I think he and his company is being very careful about his image. He seems very friendly but he's trying to be neutral with his reactions and interactions with others especially actresses.

GAR seems to be very private as well, aside from her updates in her instagram, she is rarely seen in variety shows and guesting. In most of her drama BTS, one can tell that she has an easy-going personality. I hope that we'll see LJW and GAR in a good production soon.

If Nam Joo Hyuk and Han Ji min can do it (they are in 3 productions together in a span of two years -a previous drama, a movie and a new drama in the works) I hope LJW and GAR can too;) well, one can hope;) :cool:

• Heart Eyes 5

@Unnie0110 lets pray very hard to the drama gods for them to be together agian like Nam Joo Hyuk and Han Ji Min !!!

Youre right about GAR she not been guesting to shows anymore. But back in her days she is seen everywhere. I guess shes too famous to be popularized even more on variety shows? But I think we'll see more of LJW soon on variety shows 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHcUj41JnBO/?igshid=80dtkt9rbnqk

They talked about here Mokpo, then something about a Vlog, I wish this happens! :wow2:

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

I also think LJW has a bit of a crush with GAR especially the beginning of the drama. Remember the cable car kiss? You can really tell LJW is really nervous in the BTS LOL! The kiss , (as other fans would describe "kissing a cold fish", because in GAR previous drama, her kissing scene are definitely like that), maybe LJW was expecting it to be like a peck only, then she kissed him back! (My heeeaart!!) You see him quickly walk away then gets his head accidentally hit by a crew member 🤣

I did notice that too. I think he got distracted that's why he got his head hit. 😆 He wasn't expecting GAR to kiss him back. Too bad, it was no not aired on the drama instead. 

I saw one of the bts as well, regarding sun ja and man bok's kiss. When GAR was asking the director if sun ja wants the kiss as well, and LJW answered, of course she does. They are so cuuute. 🥰

5 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

I also like the Swoon telepathy games (English subbed and Korean version) because even though their answers do not match most of the time haha they would talk about their answers with each other, I've seen the same game with other celebrities and most just answer the question and go on to the next one, I like that GAR and LJW discussed their answers to each other and try to get to know and understand one another. It shows how considerate they both are and are interested in each other (friendly or otherwise:smile:)

That's nice to know. I haven't seen the other celeb versions. LJW did mention that he was explaining all the time in the swoon games. 😆 I love that despite their answers dont' match  they still have this chemistry (opposites attract i guess 🤣). Plus they love to tease each other. Can't see the age gap there. 😅

They were also cute in the kbs one, was it the too much info quiz? and the one they were designing polaroid photos where  GAR stated that LJW was cute because he was a little drunk when they first met.  Hahaha. 

1 hour ago, twinkler0415 said:

They talked about here Mokpo, then something about a Vlog, I wish this happens! :wow2:

I hope so too. 🤩

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, it was cute, though not nearly as cute as DDSSLLS.

Thanks for explaining! Definitely on my list to check out. Maybe when KBS awards are done and I need a fix of LJW! But still I'm pretty sure Lala and Jun will be my favourite LJW pairing for a long while yet! :heart:

And, yes, I am charmed by him at every angle now. 

Heh, me too! Here are some particularly good angles btw. I should post in his shrine....but I also thought everyone here would like to see too :BulbaOWO:

1xuBJ4n.jpg

Me: If you guys all see the potential crush, who am I to deny it? :laugh:Haha, honestly though, I do think he enjoyed her company and had fun filming with her because she's pretty and such a ball of sunshine that I think she would be such a mood maker on set :heart:  Haha, he always called her cute a lot in interviews. 

The kiss , (as other fans would describe "kissing a cold fish", because in GAR previous drama, her kissing scene are definitely like that), maybe LJW was expecting it to be like a peck only, then she kissed him back! (My heeeaart!!) You see him quickly walk away then gets his head accidentally hit by a crew member 🤣

Hahaha, I haven't watched that many GAR projects in the past. Was she always a frozen kiss scene person in the past? LOL I had to rewatch this BTS video just now. I missed his head getting hit the first time :laugh:

We have the same thought @JenL, like they are the only ones i the room??

LOL. I think he just means when they're not in front of cameras. But my mind jumped the gun with the word 'private' :laugh:

I also like the Swoon telepathy games (English subbed and Korean version) because even though their answers do not match most of the time haha they would talk about their answers with each other, I've seen the same game with other celebrities and most just answer the question and go on to the next one, I like that GAR and LJW discussed their answers to each other and try to get to know and understand one another. It shows how considerate they both are and are interested in each other (friendly or otherwise)

Yes, I feel like they were both so fun to watch because they are both super playful and very conversational. Like their energy just bounced off each other. And yeah, I think LJW said it didn't matter if their answers didn't match, at least they found out lots about each other, which was sweet. :wow:

They probably did have a whole day free and scheduled for Netflix, but I also wonder if Netflix asked if they wanted to play an extra game or two after seeing how fun they were because they did so much compared to other shows like Start Up where the main couple only played 2 games. :lenny:

LJW is a newbie actor but he can definitely hold his ground against veteran actors and actresses in the field. I think he and his company is being very careful about his image. He seems very friendly but he's trying to be neutral with his reactions and interactions with others especially actresses.

Yep, totally agree. I think if he wants to rise to a Hyun Bin level of fame (as I feel he will), he has to protect his image. But he does seem to be very sweet to everyone and you can tell that everyone likes interacting with him and Go Ara because they both seem warm and fun to both actors and crew members :) :BulbaOWO:

If Nam Joo Hyuk and Han Ji min can do it (they are in 3 productions together in a span of two years -a previous drama, a movie and a new drama in the works) I hope LJW and GAR can too;) well, one can hope;) 

Wow, 3 projects together for a pairing is pretty rare!!! Let's hope some PD saw their chemistry and wants them back together again :pandahehe: *deluded dreams*

1 hour ago, twinkler0415 said:

They talked about here Mokpo, then something about a Vlog, I wish this happens! 

Hahaha I believe they did do a Vlog on the last filming day. LJW does find GAW in the vlog at around 1:53 , but it's more of an all cast and crew member video.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

2 hours ago, purplefin said:

They were also cute in the kbs one, was it the too much info quiz? and the one they were designing polaroid photos where  GAR stated that LJW was cute because he was a little drunk when they first met.  Hahaha. 

You can see LJW was kind of shy and shocked that GAR described him as 'cute' 😍. He was like caught off guard! Lol!

@JenL love the angles!!! 🥰 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

honestly though, I do think he enjoyed her company and had fun filming with her because she's pretty and such a ball of sunshine that I think she would be such a mood maker on set :heart:  Haha, he always called her cute a lot in interviews. 

Hahaha, I haven't watched that many GAR projects in the past. Was she always a frozen kiss scene person in the past? 

They probably did have a whole day free and scheduled for Netflix, but I also wonder if Netflix asked if they wanted to play an extra game or two after seeing how fun they were because they did so much compared to other shows like Start Up where the main couple only played 2 games. :lenny:

I remember in the KBS interview, LJW described GAR as really bright and if 'will he be able handle that energy'. Indeed a ball of sunshine and the mood maker on set 🥰

From the other GAR drama i've watched, she is really a frozen kiss scene person. Her lips were super tightly shut like it wont even be counted as a peck. Thats why in the cable car kiss scene I did not expect too much (which I think was proven in the scene) but when I saw the BTS i was really surprised that she kissed back. LOL!! Then that SunjaManbok kiss scene happened, i guess she doesnt want to be the cold fish type anymore OR she is just really comfortable with LJW. 

(There is one exemption also with the kiss scene, the one with Lee Seungi in youre all surrounded, she was not frozen there but you can see Lee Seungi was really aggressive, maybe she did not have a choice but to kiss him back LoL!)

@JenLOut of topic question.... how do you attach photo in the  reply box? I'm so sorry , super new with everything

• Like 4

I am curious as to why they did not have a nomination for best couple in the swoonies awards though.:thinking:  Apart from their amazing chemistry (on and off cam), they did have a lot of netflix games than the others. And they have a different telepathy test in netflix korea, and a different one in Thailand.

I wonder what happened there. 

You can see LJW was kind of shy and shocked that GAR described him as 'cute' 😍. He was like caught off guard! Lol!

They always caught off guard each other a lot. Like the one in the thai netflix when LJW chose  GAR as the cast member he want to watch the drama with. 😆🥰 

Thats why in the cable car kiss scene I did not expect too much (which I think was proven in the scene) but when I saw the BTS i was really surprised that she kissed back. LOL!! Then that SunjaManbok kiss scene happened, i guess she doesnt want to be the cold fish type anymore OR she is just really comfortable with LJW. 

(There is one exemption also with the kiss scene, the one with Lee Seungi in youre all surrounded, she was not frozen there but you can see Lee Seungi was really aggressive, maybe she did not have a choice but to kiss him back LoL!)

I was surprised with the BTS as well. 😅 They should have showed it. But I think, they wanted an "innocent kiss" in that scene as Jun was 19 at the time.

I think I mentioned something above with the Manbok and Sunja kiss, as GAR was asking (PD) if Sunja wanted the kiss as well. That was a proper one. 🙈😍 The bts was longer too. For a korean drama, they sure have a lot of sweet kissing scenes. 😉

I just saw this in IG, just to spazz around. 😂🥰  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIsm0qgpN3G/?igshid=nmnf3sqr7ole

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

I'll get back to everyone later tonight...but just dropping this here in case people wanted to vote for Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook as Best Couple for the KBS drama awards this month and didn't know how: 

• Like 3

@purplefin you noticed that to on the swoonies award.... I was kind of annoyed because I was so excited to vote anything that has DoDoSol, but it was not even included in ANY categories!! ... just a thought, in the swoonies award, it would have been really funny if the TWD was included in the best squad category 😆 i guess they only include the drama that took the number 1 spot in its time..

Wait there was another telepathy on netflix thailand ?

4 hours ago, purplefin said:

I was surprised with the BTS as well. 😅 They should have showed it. But I think, they wanted an "innocent kiss" in that scene as Jun was 19 at the time.

I think I mentioned something above with the Manbok and Sunja kiss, as GAR was asking (PD) if Sunja wanted the kiss as well. That was a proper one. 🙈😍 The bts was longer too. For a korean drama, they sure have a lot of sweet kissing scenes.

You're right, they want innocent first kiss for RaraJun ☺ so happy with the BTS of SunjaManbok!!! Too much for one heart to take 😆 also true about kdrama having too much kiss scene! :lenny:

OMG thank you @CINNABOM I never check youtube the swoon anymore because i feel they will never upload anything about DoDoSol anymore 😍

• Like 4
7 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

you noticed that to on the swoonies award.... I was kind of annoyed because I was so excited to vote anything that has DoDoSol, but it was not even included in ANY categories!! ... just a thought, in the swoonies award, it would have been really funny if the TWD was included in the best squad category 😆 i guess they only include the drama that took the number 1 spot in its time..

I was ready to vote as well but got disappointed too. 😔 The netflix thailand is not telepathy game, it was different they have to write their answers. I think someone (forgot who 🙈) uploaded it here or in the other thread. 

@CINNABOM they don't want us to move on, do they? 😅😂

• Like 4
22 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I remember in the KBS interview, LJW described GAR as really bright and if 'will he be able handle that energy'. Indeed a ball of sunshine and the mood maker on set 🥰

Hahaha I remember that too :laugh: He said it in his tsundere-LJW way....I enjoy his slightly dry humour and I think Go Ara did too would pour her sunshine and teasing on him till he laughed. 

From the other GAR drama i've watched, she is really a frozen kiss scene person. Her lips were super tightly shut like it wont even be counted as a peck. Thats why in the cable car kiss scene I did not expect too much (which I think was proven in the scene) but when I saw the BTS i was really surprised that she kissed back.

Hahaha interesting! I have to admit, I don't know if I've watched a lot of her projects in the past...so I have some backtracking to do. But those frozen kiss scenes use to kill me. They just look so unrealistic! But yeah, the behind the scenes kiss was better than the scene. But at episode 8 (before he tells her his age), I thought it might have been to keep that innocent puppy love look going on. :BulbaOWO:

But for the beach scene...I thought the behind the scenes was better than the final cut too. I think in the final scene in the drama they used an angle that looks up at them both, which is ok...but not as pretty as some of the other angles? I wonder why they didn't use some of the other angles when LJW and GAR looked like they had to kiss a few times for that scene! :thinking::heart:

@JenLOut of topic question.... how do you attach photo in the  reply box? I'm so sorry , super new with everything

oh no worries @twinkler0415...you have to put your image on an image hoster first. I use imgur: https://imgur.com/upload

When your picture uploads, click on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner > share links > copy the link for BBCode (Forums). Paste the link and then remove the tag at the front and tag at the back

Here's an example:

[img ] https://i.imgur.com/ayZUa7P.jpg[/img]

If I remove the tags (highlighted in red)...I get the picture I uploaded (GAR's photo below)

LOL GAR's Instagrams are always fun. I love that she doesn't bother with polished photos and I think that's why LJW seemed to like taking them with her (though he personally would never post them himself :laugh:)

Also LJW's look seems to say, look who I get to share a bed with today? :laugh:

ayZUa7P.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, purplefin said:

I am curious as to why they did not have a nomination for best couple in the swoonies awards though.  Apart from their amazing chemistry (on and off cam), they did have a lot of netflix games than the others. And they have a different telepathy test in netflix korea, and a different one in Thailand.

I think The Swoon just picked the big budget/ big ticket dramas this year. Compared to CLOY,  IOTBNO and Start Up, DDSSLLS was a relatively quieter drama - Although GAR and LJW are pretty popular in their own rights, they don't pull numbers like Hyun Bin or Suzy, unfortunately. They probably looked at their most watched dramas and picked from those titles. :letalQQ: I am grateful that The Swoon/ Netflix did do a lot to promote the drama through their games though. I guess unless it meant they were going to record a video together or something if they won, I don't really care much for the Swoon awards.

13 hours ago, purplefin said:

Hahaha, I made that exact joke on the DDSLLS thread because someone wanted to make this point earlier but couldn't find the video. I guess I'll put it here again since this is more of shipper thread. I do think "positive person" is such a safe-agency-trained actor response. Though it worked really well in line with That Swoon video, linking it to GAR :laugh:

xWDVKhU.gif

UgZUwNK.gif

Nickname he gives to Go Ara:

miSzOHi.jpg

10 hours ago, CINNABOM said:

Another video from Netflix. They really refuse to let us get over RaRaJun. I’m not complaining. 

@JenL thanks for sharing this video. I really want them to win.

Ooooh Thanks for this Swoon video @CINNABOM! I have to say I'm actually lazy to rewatch whole dramas so this video of all their sweet moments is perfect. It cuts out all the angst as well so it almost looks like he just went away to study and then they reunited...better ending made by The Swoon :laugh::MewGiggle::hearties:

9 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

No, no, @purplefin is talking about the video I put up above...the Netflix Thailand video for the 5 Essential Things game/ interview. To be honest, I think they record a bunch of things for Netflix on the one day, sometimes with greetings to specific countries and then the Netflix marketing teams from the countries decide if they want to use the footage or not. So potentially there could be more stuff, but not used....wish I knew someone from their Asian marketing teams so I could sneak a peak :lenny:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Also LJW's look seems to say, look who I get to share a bed with today? :laugh:

ayZUa7P.jpg

Edited 10 hours ago by JenL

That smug smile 🤣🥰

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Ooooh Thanks for this Swoon video @CINNABOM! I have to say I'm actually lazy to rewatch whole dramas so this video of all their sweet moments is perfect. It cuts out all the angst as well so it almost looks like he just went away to study and then they reunited...better ending made by The Swoon :laugh::MewGiggle::hearties:

I am still re-watching it though 🤣 , don't trying to see it in a different light 😅 , (especially episode 16, I am trying to understand  the inconsistency behind Jun's character and what the writers were thinking 😅😆🤣). It's still one of my favourite dramas though. 

I saw on the comments in youtube (the latest ddsslls swoon vid) most of them did loved the drama (as of my reading last night 😆). 

11 hours ago, JenL said:

LOL GAR's Instagrams are always fun. I love that she doesn't bother with polished photos and I think that's why LJW seemed to like taking them with her (though he personally would never post them himself :laugh:)

Maybe he's got a whole album of their pics. Who knows... :smug::laugh:

11 hours ago, JenL said:

But for the beach scene...I thought the behind the scenes was better than the final cut too. I think in the final scene in the drama they used an angle that looks up at them both, which is ok...but not as pretty as some of the other angles? I wonder why they didn't use some of the other angles when LJW and GAR looked like they had to kiss a few times for that scene! :thinking::heart:

I wonder about that too. I was surprised to see they did a lot of takes for that scene. 

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I made that exact joke on the DDSLLS thread because someone wanted to make this point earlier but couldn't find the video. I guess I'll put it here again since this is more of shipper thread. I do think "positive person" is such a safe-agency-trained actor response. Though it worked really well in line with That Swoon video, linking it to GAR :laugh:

Hahaha. The LJW interview was it from extraordinary you? Coz he was saying as he likes Dan Oh's character-- maybe he was promoting their drama at the time as well. 😅

And i love how go ara and gu rara sound so similar..I wonder what LJW is thinking while saying his lines, especially the last line in the drama (voice over part). 😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@purplefin and @JenL I think that LJW's response about his ideal type is somewhat true, I've seen a lot of his interviews thanks to my intense liking of DDSSLLS! haha and I find him very honest about his responses. Not sure if he's very new to interviews haha or he's just plain in awe of the whole process so he can't help but say his honest thoughts;) Anyway, he said that aside from his ideal type as someone positive, he wants to be remembered as a positive person as well. I was pleasantly surprised in The Swoon game that he described GAR as that, he could have said other million things about her but chose to describe her as Queen of Positivity. GAR is such a ball of sunshine that maybe one can't help but remember that about her. Well, LJW and GAR are both such happy energies. They're both playful and friendly with everyone in their drama BTS. And I think that GAR is really comfortable with LJW.

I just want to point out that their KBS mini interviews were very entertaining.I think they did it on the same day they had their radio guesting with Jung Eunji (If you have not watch it, you should! It made me smile the whole 30 minutes, even though I do not understand half of the things they were talking about! and LJW seemed such a goner with GAR's cuteness in that one) and their Press Conference. One thing I like about their KBS mini interviews is that they were talking as if they are not on camera haha they do not hesitate to ask, clarify or tease each other about their answers:laugh: I find it really refreshing and endearing, they seemed to have created a good bond through their drama. I really hope they continue to show their positive vibes wherever they go;)

Here is the link to the radio show:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

16 hours ago, purplefin said:

I was ready to vote as well but got disappointed too. 😔 The netflix thailand is not telepathy game, it was different they have to write their answers. I think someone (forgot who 🙈) uploaded it here or in the other thread. 

@CINNABOM 

Right right, I misunderstood your message regarding the netflix games 😅 it was uploaded by @JenL

@JenL I cant seem to do the picture upload. I can only see 'copy permalink' on the three dots. Do you do it in the imgur app? The link cannot be found

5 hours ago, purplefin said:

That smug smile 🤣🥰

I am still re-watching it though 🤣 , don't trying to see it in a different light 😅 , (especially episode 16, I am trying to understand  the inconsistency behind Jun's character and what the writers were thinking 😅😆🤣). It's still one of my favourite dramas though. 

I saw on the comments in youtube (the latest ddsslls swoon vid) most of them did loved the drama (as of my reading last night 😆). 

Maybe he's got a whole album of their pics. Who knows... :smug::laugh:

I wonder about that too. I was surprised to see they did a lot of takes for that scene. 

And i love how go ara and gu rara sound so similar..I wonder what LJW is thinking while saying his lines, especially the last line in the drama (voice over part). 😅

I keep on rewatching it as well. I cant really get over the drama. I really loved it 😍 alot of fans still do love the drama based on the comments on the swoon video 😆

Ommo!! I was thinking the same thing with the voice over part!!! The 'saranghe' part! It would have been super great if the 'i love you' was said face to face with GAR! Lol!

4 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

One thing I like about their KBS mini interviews is that they were talking as if they are not on camera haha they do not hesitate to ask, clarify or tease each other about their answers:laugh: I find it really refreshing and endearing 

:wow: i like that they ask to clarify and tease each other. Even when LJW joked about GAR age , her response was so funny! 

• Like 4