La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

On 6/19/2021 at 3:08 AM, JenL said:

way it turns out that LJW has 2 live streams on Monday! He's doing a Marie Claire Live stream with his agency actors at 7:30 and then an individual one at 9:30 KST

On 6/19/2021 at 3:08 AM, JenL said:

can leave a question for his live stream on Monday on the fan boards on V-Live and I think we all feel like asking "Why did you unlike GAR's photo

Sadly, I am working today 😭.  Can you ask the question in behalf of us? 😅😂

Or like who's your prettiest co star or something? Lol. 

And his upcoming projects... I heard he has 1 drama, I think the title is " Return".. though I am not sure if had accepted the role...

• Like 3
3 hours ago, purplefin said:

Sadly, I am working today 😭.  Can you ask the question in behalf of us? 😅😂

Or like who's your prettiest co star or something? Lol. 

And his upcoming projects... I heard he has 1 drama, I think the title is " Return".. though I am not sure if had accepted the role...

Haha I can certainly try! If @twinkler0415 @multiloverss @eNDe @CINNABOM @Unnie0110 tune into LJW's livestreams and someone gets to ask a question, please ask this one! :laugh:

I think questions were meant to be submitted earlier and I asked who was his favourite person to work with...if he does answer my question, I bet he'll say a male actor though :lenny: Anyway, I'll try to record the streams if I can, though I'm sure other fans will definitely do it :)

• Party! 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@twinkler0415 You can view the Vlive video afterwards if you have an account. I believe they save the videos on his channel afterwards :)

https://www.vlive.tv/post/1-23522069

* I also downloaded and uploaded LJW's Live video here. 

Haha things I've learnt: LJW prefers Soju to beer, likes mint choco ice cream, prefers Cola, doesn't mind pineapples on pizza (?), He mentioned Mokpo and DDSSLLS - once to answer a question...and I think someone said they liked DDSSLLS and he thanked them (around 3:51-3:52 in the video)? I did see a few Korean fans mention Go Ara in their comments (her name is 고아라), but don't think he talked about his co-stars. My Korean is super limited as a beginner...But people are starting to translate: 

If anyone here is from the Philippines, this fan got him to say Hi to you guys :D

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

On 6/21/2021 at 9:45 PM, JenL said:

I also downloaded and uploaded LJW's Live video here. 

thanks for sharing LJW video with subs....He look happy able to communicate with his fans.Nowadays, LJW actively promote and mybe soon we got his official news about his  ew drama.Can't wait to see his new works:love:

Hope GAR soon had new drama. She usually has 1 drama per year or mybe she taking rest for this year.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 6/26/2021 at 3:23 AM, multiloverss said:

thanks for sharing LJW video with subs....He look happy able to communicate with his fans.Nowadays, LJW actively promote and mybe soon we got his official news about his  ew drama.Can't wait to see his new works:love:

On 6/26/2021 at 9:47 AM, twinkler0415 said:

Thank you so much @JenL :wow:

No worries! I'm happy LJW is able to communicate with us all too :heart:

Also it looks like he is filming his next drama even though he hasn't officially announced it as far as I know. But looks like he was spotted by fans!

On 6/26/2021 at 3:23 AM, multiloverss said:

Hope GAR soon had new drama. She usually has 1 drama per year or mybe she taking rest for this year.

Yeah haven't heard much from her lately! :thinking: Although maybe she is taking one break year...I mean it's so covid at the moment - on and off around the world....or maybe she's waiting for a decent offer :idk: Hopefully we hear some news soon!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3

Update on LJW's new drama "Return"

8f82f1e1284744c3bedf9e72a445f4ff.jpeg?s=

Park Hae Eun Steps Down From Upcoming Drama By Hong Sisters

Jul 8, 2021
by L. Kim

Park Hae Eun will be leaving the cast of an upcoming drama by the Hong Sisters.

Previously, the actress was cast in “Hwan Hon” (romanized title), which means the return of someone’s soul after death.

On July 8, tvN told news outlet Star News, “Park Hye Eun, who was cast in tvN’s new drama ‘Hwan Hon,’ left the drama after discussion with the production crew.”

The actress even finished the script reading for the drama, but she unfortunately decided to leave the cast.

tvN continued, “Despite the fact that she is a rookie actress, we worked hard together, but she felt a lot of pressure to play the lead character of a big project. Therefore, after a lot of discussion with the actress and with respect to a mutual exchange of opinions, it was decided that she would step down from the role.”

Hit screenwriter duo Hong Sisters is known for dramas including “My Girl,” “You’re Beautiful,” “My Girlfriend is a Gumiho,” “The Greatest Love,” “Master’s Sun,” “Hotel Del Luna,” and more. “Hwan Hon” will be directed by Park Joon Hwa of “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.”

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1
4 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

Park Hae Eun Steps Down From Upcoming Drama By Hong Sisters

This is such a strange situation - I did think it was strange that they gave her the lead role even though she had only done one side character role before. But it would be a lot of pressure to do a lead role without that experience before. :letalQQ: There's also darker speculations that production thought she was not experienced and wanted to replace her or they wanted a more famous face to pull numbers. :thinking: I think I'll start a new thread so that we can talk about this separate drama there...This thread should just be left for beautiful Go Ara and Lee Jae wook news :heart:

A few cute edits of Lala and Jun:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQLk0uyjVTK/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRCOhDkAY2-/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ6GFSmDD8o/

sUeBauE.gif

By the way, recently I've gotten lots of conversation about DDSSLLS on Youtube. One person responded to something I wrote about the ending when I first watched it and was mad...and they were actually defensive about the series...while it was weird because I love this series (and have gotten over this ending), so they didn't need to convince me, I liked that they obviously loved the series too and enough to go around trying to make people less upset with the ending too :BulbaOWO:

eEXuEoY.png

wKhLhW0.png

Another person was super rant-y about the ending, but it's because they loved the drama and was sad about the ending like us...but I'm so glad to know that my essay made them feel better about the series! :heart:

YuKaeDn.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, JenL said:

This is such a strange situation - I did think it was strange that they gave her the lead role even though she had only done one side character role before

I kinda feel bad for the actress. I saw some comments saying they did her dirty by saying 'her acting is not good enough " or something like that. Now they are offering the role to Jung SoMin.. (not a fan of her, peace!)

1 hour ago, JenL said:

One person responded to something I wrote about the ending when I first watched it and was mad...and they were actually defensive about the series...while it was weird because I love this series (and have gotten over this ending), so they didn't need to convince me, I liked that they obviously loved the series too and enough to go around trying to make people less upset with the ending too :BulbaOWO:

That is so funny! They are exactly like us who will defend the drama 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
On 7/8/2021 at 10:45 PM, JenL said:

This is such a strange situation - I did think it was strange that they gave her the lead role even though she had only done one side character role before.

why this happen to LJW new drama?? i feel bad for the actress, it look like she was forced to quit. If it about acting skills, the production never mention it because it would affect her career. I had saw numerous bad acting and never heard about this issue. The production must make sure the idol that they cast would not tarnish their drama as i see the idol previous works are not too promising for me.

• Like 4
On 7/9/2021 at 1:05 AM, twinkler0415 said:

I kinda feel bad for the actress. I saw some comments saying they did her dirty by saying 'her acting is not good enough " or something like that. Now they are offering the role to Jung SoMin.. (not a fan of her, peace!)

I feel really bad for her. I think offering and retracting a role to someone is worse than never offering it in the first place :letalQQ: And I hope she's able to get back up again even though this has been quite a low point. But I was surprised that they offered it to someone so new (she has literally only been in The School Nurse Files as a side actor once. Most actors are side characters a few times before they're offered a main role). Anyway, while I have no feelings for or against Jung So Min...a part of me was like...please offer this to GAR because you saw their chemistry in DDSSLLS!! :laugh:

On 7/10/2021 at 1:14 AM, multiloverss said:

why this happen to LJW new drama?? i feel bad for the actress, it look like she was forced to quit. If it about acting skills, the production never mention it because it would affect her career. I had saw numerous bad acting and never heard about this issue. The production must make sure the idol that they cast would not tarnish their drama as i see the idol previous works are not too promising for me.

I know...poor LJW...he always seems to have a pause-filming issue everytime he's lead. Last time with DDSSLLS someone caught covid and they had to stop filming for a fortnight to quarantine everyone and make sure they didn't have covid. Now there's this lead actress issue. I hope it'll be resolved soon! :mine:

Also, where are you Go Ara??? :MonkaTang:

Missing these two together!

SqPq7BK.gif

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

LJW did an interview with Esquire and he's still super charming. He also mentioned out of characters to fall most in love with, he would pick Jang Woon and Sunwoo Jun :heart: 

6Ulmty7.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 3

Hi guys, been missing a lot these days 😅. Have been so buusy..

Thanks for the v- live updates @JenL

Oooh yes...I have heard about the drama  😔.

On 7/11/2021 at 3:40 PM, JenL said:

Min...a part of me was like...please offer this to GAR because you saw their chemistry in DDSSLLS!! :laugh:

I thought the same thing 😆😅.

Hearing Jung so min was offered tne role, she's about the same age as GAR. 

Did she accept the role so far?

Oh..bless that new actress.. I feel sorry for her..but why sign her up in the first place and the  drop her during filming.. a bit rude..unless she volunteered to drop herself..

I love how there are new fans of the drama and pairing and how they are defending it.. lol 😅

Yeah and no news from GAR 😔. She might be taking a loong break this year. 

Good that LJW had some recent publicities. Hehehe..

• Like 5
On 7/20/2021 at 4:43 PM, purplefin said:

Hi guys, been missing a lot these days 😅. Have been so buusy..

Thanks for the v- live updates @JenL

No worries! I was also busy for some time. You haven't missed much I'm afraid...haven't heard from GAR for awhile...but LJW has been keeping busy doing non-drama stuff like interviews and V-Live and his drama filming is halted while they search for a new lead :idk:

Hearing Jung so min was offered tne role, she's about the same age as GAR. 

Did she accept the role so far?

Yep Jung So Min belongs in the same generation of actresses as Go Ara, Park Bo Young, Park Shin Hye etc. who have had solid careers through their 20's in the 90's. There's no news that she's accepted the role so far, but I have a feeling she might after her current drama Monthly Magazine House completes airing, just so it doesn't detract from that. :heiboi:

By the way, I've started a new thread for LJW's drama, so feel free to direct all Return related discussion there. It's a bit empty so far because there hasn't been much promotional content released due to paused filming/ lack of female lead/ early days of filming.

Oh..bless that new actress.. I feel sorry for her..but why sign her up in the first place and the  drop her during filming.. a bit rude..unless she volunteered to drop herself..

I'm guessing she didn't have enough experience in front of the camera, which doesn't make her a bad actress at all, but may mean that it would be hard for them to direct her and really sucks because it meant she was asked to leave :letalQQ: Being an actor is more than just knowing your lines (which she was probably good at)...it's also making the right expressions, knowing where to stand and move in front of a camera in a scene, knowing where to look, conveying emotion through expression and voice, building chemistry with your co-star, whether in a fight scene or crying scene or kissing scene...it's hard work! But the pros like LJW and GAR make it look easy :popcorn:

I just remember GAR always talking through her thoughts of how to act out a scene with LJW especially if they did a blooper like with the romantic height measuring scene.

hJM8J85.png

I love how there are new fans of the drama and pairing and how they are defending it.. lol 😅

Hehe, I love it too. It makes me feel at least hopeful that this drama won't be forgotten already it does beat your heart with a whip in those last 3 episodes :laugh:

As mentioned above, I recently found some new pictures and gifs that are pretty from a different creator, SOD: https://diary-of-jw.tistory.com/186?category=1158778

MFymaPa.jpg

Oqw05B0.gif

MBRXPXD.gif

On 7/20/2021 at 4:50 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Hello all...just so you know @stroppyse wrote a drama review for DDSSLLS here. Check it out and please feel free to add yours too on the thread

Thanks for the link! And Thanks for the review @stroppyse! I've been meaning to do one for ages and will add one to yours soon :heart:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

The Lee Jae Wook Interview with Esquire has been released :heart: He talks a lot about Jang Woo in this interview but it was nice to hear a Japanese fan saying she hoped Jun would also be mentioned in the full magazine article...I assume she'll buy the magazine and share if there's anything

Interview: https://www.esquirekorea.co.kr/article/57093

tndOQT4.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 6

On 7/23/2021 at 8:15 AM, JenL said:

He talks a lot about Jang Woo in this interview but it was nice to hear a Japanese fan saying she hoped Jun would also be mentioned in the full magazine article.

LJW always said jangwoo is the character similar to him. I really like jangwoo character and he is the best character in that drama for me.I finished that drama for jangwoo actually. If he mention about jun, i would be happy to hear that.🥰😍

In the interview, LJW said right now he prefer to hear an old song and his taste of music changed a bit compared to before.

Hope his new drama is become successful and he got to act in many other genre in future.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! It’s been a while. I have not been into many kdramas lately. I fell in love with doom at your service initially but it lost its spark halfway through. Unfortunately, there has yet to be a drama I have waited for excitedly every week since dodosolsollalasol. It’s nice to see this thread is still relatively active. It was fun catching up on the posts!:brb: I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since it first aired. I have been rewatching so many clips from Netflix/The Swoon. I might rewatch, I just need to find the strength to push through the heart ache. :nervous:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 7/24/2021 at 3:35 PM, multiloverss said:

In the interview, LJW said right now he prefer to hear an old song and his taste of music changed a bit compared to before.

really...did GAR influence him along the way :laugh:

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive!

@JenL @multiloverss @twinkler0415 @purplefin @Unnie0110 @CINNABOM :fam:

@JenL Thank you for the recent interviews and updates on LJW, also starting a discussion board for his new drama! Honestly, I miss his presence on kdrama already but I guess with current real life situations that I need to work out at the moment, kept me off kdrama for some time now. I wish LJW all the best too going forward despite the news of sudden cast change that @Unnie0110 updated on. I'm going to wait patiently for his new drama to air, (maybe/maybe not) watch it live and read everyone's review and thoughts! 

Now, if only GAR updates us on her next project :cry: ...also still patiently waiting for her news. 

Like @CINNABOM I'm glad I can rely on DDSSLLS contents by fans, Netflix/The Swoon and also @JenL's blog to absorb some good vibes and funny moments I've enjoyed from their beautiful chemistry. :hearties:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 7/24/2021 at 5:35 PM, multiloverss said:

LJW always said jangwoo is the character similar to him. I really like jangwoo character and he is the best character in that drama for me.I finished that drama for jangwoo actually. If he mention about jun, i would be happy to hear that.🥰😍

I agree with this - Jun and Jangwoo are my favourite LJW characters :heart: I think there was so much heart in both characters and when they were sweet, they were both super adorable! 

On 8/7/2021 at 11:36 PM, CINNABOM said:

Hello everyone! It’s been a while. I have not been into many kdramas lately. I fell in love with doom at your service initially but it lost its spark halfway through. Unfortunately, there has yet to be a drama I have waited for excitedly every week since dodosolsollalasol. 

Hello! I agree with you about Doom at your Service. It was ok to watch, but I definitely didn't feel the same excitement as I did for DDSSLLS. I don't think I really got deep heart flutters in Doom at your Service, though they were quite romancey in that drama too. After a drama like DDSSLLS, I always think it's awhile before I love a couple half as much. :idk:

But I'd recommend The Witch's Diner @CINNABOM...haha the storyline has a high school guy with a one sided crush on working noona...doesn't it remind you of Jun and Lala?! :laugh: Chae Jong Hyeop and Nam Ji Hyun are pretty cute together...and the dynamic reminds me of Lee Jae Wook and Go Ara (though it's a very sort series with only 8 episodes so not as romantic as DDSSLLS) :BulbaOWO:

It’s nice to see this thread is still relatively active. It was fun catching up on the posts!:brb: I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since it first aired. I have been rewatching so many clips from Netflix/The Swoon. I might rewatch, I just need to find the strength to push through the heart ache. :nervous:

Haven't posted as much lately, but LJW and GAR have been relatively quiet lately. Where are you GAR?! :letalQQ: However, an article was released today where Jung So Min said she's working on Return so I guess it's confirmed that she's lead? (Sorry @twinkler0415 I know she's not your cup of tea) They have been sending LJW food trucks too, so he definitely filming. I've put the article and more photos in the forum thread for Return...come join me if you watch!

I might rewatch, I just need to find the strength to push through the heart ache. :nervous:

Speaking of heart ache and Jung So Min, who looks to be confirmed as Lee Jae Wook's new co-star, did you guys see or hear about the ending of her very recently finished drama, Monthly Magazine Home @eNDe @twinkler0415 @purplefin @CINNABOM @multiloverss@Unnie0110???

It was as heart-breaking as DDSSLLS and in fact it is eerily alike in the way that the last episode ruined the series for fans. The anger was as bad as it was for DDSSLLS...so many fans complained to JTBC about it. Although the stories were quite different, I made a comparison of how similar the endings de-railed...if you don't want to be reminded of the sad ending for DDSSLLS or don't want to spoil Monthly Magazine Home, maybe don't click in the spoiler tag...but if you want to know how similar I'm talking, take a look! :lettalKWA: I hope both of them being in the same drama doesn't mean the ending will be doubly angsty!

Similarities between the 2 tragic endings:

Spoiler

-The side characters were all wonderful and you love them, but they got better endings than the main couple, which felt unfair and sort of took away your interest in them since it's painful to compare their ending with main couple. In Monthly House, UJ and NSS got to wedding planning stage while NYW and YJS go through a breakup?? And in DDSSLLS, Ha Young and Seung Ki get married, have a shared business and a baby while the male lead, Jun is presumed dead and Lala by herself?? :pandadisgusted:

- The main couple reunions only happened in the last 10-15 mins and there was no real explanation about why they hid for a number of years if they truly loved/ cared for the other person  :lettalKWA:

- Both NYW and Jun, in each series, kind of got a character assassination - ie. their characters were warm and loving and it made no sense they would act the way they did which seemed cold even though it was meant to be "sacrificial" in the way of noble idiocy :PikachuFacePalm:

- Both series had multiple time jumps and break ups. I lost count of how many time jumps there were. 5 months + 3 years for Monthly House?...I think there was 6 months + 6 months + 5 years for DDSSLLS :BulbaConfused: Both series had at least 3 or more break ups/ fake break ups/ fights

-There was no reunion with the office workers for NYW of Monthly House and no reunion with the townspeople for Jun of DDSSLLS even though they were close! :cry:

- Both NYW and Jun ended the series with a monologue that was so pointless because they talked about happy things when they themselves left everyone! :mine:

- But both series were very cute and sweet and the romance was good. The story was seen as healing and rom-com...until the end. :letalQQ:

On 8/8/2021 at 6:34 PM, eNDe said:

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive!

@JenL @multiloverss @twinkler0415 @purplefin @Unnie0110 @CINNABOM :fam:

Thanks for coming to visit still! I love talking to everyone even if it's been a little quiet lately! :heart:

@JenL Thank you for the recent interviews and updates on LJW, also starting a discussion board for his new drama! Honestly, I miss his presence on kdrama already but I guess with current real life situations that I need to work out at the moment, kept me off kdrama for some time now. 

Hope you're going ok and things are not too rough at all :heart:  Hang in there if it's tough or a busy time for you. I hope thinking of some of those warm happy moments from DDSSLLS can sometimes put a smile on your face and make you feel happier.

SjBK1FY.gif

I wish LJW all the best too going forward despite the news of sudden cast change that @Unnie0110 updated on. I'm going to wait patiently for his new drama to air, (maybe/maybe not) watch it live and read everyone's review and thoughts! 

Looking forward to seeing LJW on screen again. His agency dropped another behind the scenes video from his photoshoot today...but I'd love to see him in a drama again. Come day hi in the new drama thread when it airs :MewHi:

Like @CINNABOM I'm glad I can rely on DDSSLLS contents by fans, Netflix/The Swoon and also @JenL's blog to absorb some good vibes and funny moments I've enjoyed from their beautiful chemistry. :hearties:

I'm so happy that the blog posts are still occasionally visited and make you happy :CharmanderYay::hearties: I'm so so so glad

Edited by JenL
  • Like 6

On 8/12/2021 at 7:19 PM, JenL said:

However, an article was released today where Jung So Min said she's

on Return so I guess it's confirmed that she's lead? (Sorry @twinkler0415 I know she's not your cup of tea) They

Noooooo.... 😐 i think i'll still try to watch it when it airs for LJW. My sister (who only got to episode 4 of  DDSSLLS then dropped it) is a fan of Jung So Min , guess she'll be able to see how good LJW is if Jung So Min is indeed the lead there. 😅

On 8/12/2021 at 7:19 PM, JenL said:

Speaking of heart ache and Jung So Min, who looks to be confirmed as Lee Jae Wook's new co-star, did you guys see or hear about the ending of her very recently finished drama, Monthly Magazine Home

Thank you for the heads up! My sister (the same sister who dropped DDSSLLS) is pushing me to watch this drama because she really liked it. But she never said anything about the ending 😆 

-------------

BTW, i saw a GAR fan IG acct saying she has been nominated for the Popularity Award on 48th Korea Broadcasting Awards this year. 

Maybe we can vote all vote for her? Lol! I read that its done in Pikkle app. Voting period starts aug 16 (mon 12am KST-) Aug 22 (sun 11:59 KST)

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 5