La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

I love that their scenes together doesn't need to be romantic but it has all the emotions/tensions in its details that makes me want to rewatch the scene. 

My other favourite is their bike scenes, always fun to watch. :brb:

Of course this is my ultimate favourite because of the animation (anyone know who the artist is?) and ost that come with it:

(episode 2)

spacer.png

But I do like this bike scene too because it's the start of Jun and RaRa going towards the halfway point to declare their feelings for each other at the end of the episode. 

(episode 8) 

hDOWHYU.png

(they look so good in blue matching outfits!) 

spacer.png

Umhs2og.png

qwyS0HA.png

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

This post is me highlighting that I love them in blue outfits, day and night. haha 

(episode 5) 

DAY

xBL9vjD.png

n1aFs49.png

SFi1g3Q.png

(RaRa agreeing to his dream of having a driver haha)

NIGHT

8M0HHLQ.png

vNsBkng.png

ohaFL72.png

WKP6knv.png

I really like their crying scene in this episode and wish I could watch a BTS for this. Beautifully done from the acting to the background. 

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 12/19/2020 at 10:07 PM, JenL said:

Saw this continuation of two of my favourite scenes and thought it was cute so popping this here:

Oh yes...love these scenes and that's the thing...this shows that they're pretty consistent in continuing their conversations so why the heck not continue that last conversation of the final scene in ep 16 into an epilogue...:niu:and so here we are, having our own "epilogue" haha. 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Making this thread happy again since we all need a cheer up. I wanted to say I noticed that there's a lot of us with committed Lala and Jun profile pictures @Just_Me @multiloverss @purplefin! Haha, it's cute and I'm glad we're all matching :laugh::CharmanderYay::hearties:

Cools! Perhaps I should change mine to end off 2020 with my fave kdrama and characters of the year. :hearties:  Thanks @JenL for cheering everyone! 

Also... @CINNABOM awesome "research"!! :yayaya:

I did notice the thumb caressing but I just didn't think that this is different with his other co-stars (I totally can't remember his with Lee Da-Hee from WWW:Search) so obviously your research is much needed, not off-topic at all. haha. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
8 hours ago, eNDe said:

This post is me highlighting that I love them in blue outfits, day and night. haha 

(episode 5) 

DAY

xBL9vjD.png

n1aFs49.png

SFi1g3Q.png

(RaRa agreeing to his dream of having a driver haha)

NIGHT

8M0HHLQ.png

vNsBkng.png

ohaFL72.png

WKP6knv.png

I really like their crying scene in this episode and wish I could watch a BTS for this. Beautifully done from the acting to the background. 

I was also looking forward to seeing the BTS of this scene 😔 they both look good in blue. 👍

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 hours ago, eNDe said:

I love that their scenes together doesn't need to be romantic but it has all the emotions/tensions in its details that makes me want to rewatch the scene. 

My other favourite is their bike scenes, always fun to watch. :brb:

Of course this is my ultimate favourite because of the animation (anyone know who the artist is?) and ost that come with it:

(episode 2)

spacer.png

Love Jun's reaction to Rara's sudden hug! 🥰 also love all their bike scene.  In this part, there was a big clue that Jun was Mr. Twinkle twinkle little star. The animation is so nice, wish they put more of that stuff. But too bad the last animation I think was the rainclouds on Rara's head when she did not get the job. 

7 hours ago, eNDe said:

Oh yes...love these scenes and that's the thing...this shows that they're pretty consistent in continuing their conversations so why the heck not continue that last conversation of the final scene in ep 16 into an epilogue...:niu:and so here we are, having our own "epilogue" 

We really need a time machine and mind control power to fix the writer's mess :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, eNDe said:

Oh yes...love these scenes and that's the thing...this shows that they're pretty consistent in continuing their conversations so why the heck not continue that last conversation of the final scene in ep 16 into an epilogue

Hahaha..that was what my friend said when I "forced" her to watch this drama 🤣. To the writer,  "Was she drunk when she wrote the last episode? 😅" She loved it apart from last episode. She compared it to have been consistently on top of the class then suddenly on the day of the final exam you fell asleep and failed. 😂

We were discussing that the writers might want to turnaround the events after the drama that was epi 13-15, and end it on a happier note  (and wanted an element of surprise) which unfortunately, (did not go right?) and left everyone baffled instead. 

--------

Anyway, I've been meaning to ask this, did GAR injure her arm/hand in real life? I saw on the table read she has a splint or was it just a prop? 🤔

---------

I love their call and text scenes too, they were great in showing their chemistry even if they filmed the scenes apart. 😉

Both look good in blue.... and white too. 

The delivery of the actors is truly the saving grace of this drama. 

---------

By the way, has anyone noticed in the beach kissing scene, was LJW saying something before swooping in for a kiss? Or is it just me 😆🙈 ( I apologise, i don't know how to upload 😅✌).

Can't help but imagine the other  BTS now. Sigh. 😔😅

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
7 hours ago, purplefin said:

Anyway, I've been meaning to ask this, did GAR injure her arm/hand in real life? I saw on the table read she has a splint or was it just a prop? 🤔

The only injury that was officially reported in the news and through her own Instagram is the leg injury she had during filming of Haechi sometime in April 2019 which resulted in absence of her character and changing the plot slightly. After that, the other small injury I saw (not officially reported) from her Instagram update, is her finger being bandaged since February 2020 and then you can the BTS photos of her filming Hospital Playlist also with a bandaged finger in April 2020.

So I was kinda shocked to see her arm injured during the table read of DDSSLLS in June so I did think initially if they needed to consider her condition to write an accident & hospital scene for the first 2 episodes. I don't think it's a prop for table read. As most viewers probably realised, she do have scars on that arm in the later episodes eg. the laundry scene was very evident of it. And no official news reported or from her about the arm injury which made me wonder why but not as baffling as the ending of ep 16. Maybe she wish to keep it private. 

8 hours ago, purplefin said:

By the way, has anyone noticed in the beach kissing scene, was LJW saying something before swooping in for a kiss? Or is it just me 😆🙈

Interesting...but I haven't rewatch that scene though. Love the BTS of it and come to think of it, kinda mirrors the wedding scene of ep 1 where both times Jun was wearing casually vs RaRa in the dress. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
9 hours ago, purplefin said:

this one also make me curious because they never mentioned about GAR injure during filming...mybe she got the injury during her personal time.

9 hours ago, purplefin said:

i noticed many times their coordi match the colour of their clothes. when they filming making cookies scene,both of them wearing yellow colour. The other scene is when jun  dissappear after dr cha know about his secret and rara found him both of them wearing purple.:hearties:

• Like 5
6 hours ago, multiloverss said:

mybe she got the injury during her personal time.

I think so too and she's keeping it private. If so, I'm glad she could work on the drama steadily and finish with no injury. Ever since Haechi drama, I hoped she is healing well...waited almost a year to see her comeback in DDSSLLS. The last time she got injured during filming was for Reply1994 and I remember there was a video of her doing fan signing at the time with her foot bandaged with crutches. 

6 hours ago, multiloverss said:

i noticed many times their coordi match the colour of their clothes. when they filming making cookies scene,both of them wearing yellow colour. The other scene is when jun  dissappear after dr cha know about his secret and rara found him both of them wearing purple.:hearties:

YES! Love all their coordinated colour outfits! 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, eNDe said:

Interesting...but I haven't rewatch that scene though. Love the BTS of it and come to think of it, kinda mirrors the wedding scene of ep 1 where both times Jun was wearing casually vs RaRa in the dress. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJBszRzJhK1/?igshid=fyeha0ts28br

The 3rd slide. It seems thay he was whispering something before the kiss..but maybe it was just my overthinking head 😆🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
16 hours ago, purplefin said:

Hahaha..that was what my friend said when I "forced" her to watch this drama 🤣. To the writer,  "Was she drunk when she wrote the last episode? 😅" She loved it apart from last episode. She compared it to have been consistently on top of the class then suddenly on the day of the final exam you fell asleep and failed. 😂

We were discussing that the writers might want to turnaround the events after the drama that was epi 13-15, and end it on a happier note  (and wanted an element of surprise) which unfortunately, (did not go right?) and left everyone baffled instead. 

--------

By the way, has anyone noticed in the beach kissing scene, was LJW saying something before swooping in for a kiss? Or is it just me 😆🙈 ( I apologise, i don't know how to upload 😅✌).

Can't help but imagine the other  BTS now. Sigh. 😔😅

Your friends reaction is so funny! 😆 maybe the writers  just came from a 'team dinner' then got drunk, then thought its the best time write the ending of the drama. 

GAR arm injury did show some scars in the laundry scene. Wonder what happened to her. Her injury from Haechi was on the news becuase it happened on set i guess. Trying to look at her IG also, but no signs pointing to her injury.

I just rewatched the beach scene BTS, it looked like he said something becuase his mouth moved a little, but it kinda looks like he just took a little deep breath? (Nervousness strikes again! Lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
9 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

GAR arm injury did show some scars in the laundry scene. Wonder what happened to her. Her injury from Haechi was on the news becuase it happened on set i guess. Trying to look at her IG also, but no signs pointing to her injury.

Yeah saw that too. My other friend said  maybe the scars were to make it more believable. But it looked real to me. 

9 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

I just rewatched the beach scene BTS, it looked like he said something becuase his mouth moved a little, but it kinda looks like he just took a little deep breath? (Nervousness strikes again! Lol)

Hahaha. The BTS reminds me of *sorry off topic* Stranger things kiss scene, the actors talked about it and revealed that the actor whispered "I'm coming in" signaling the actress to be ready that he is going to kiss her. 😆😅😂

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, multiloverss said:

I love how the one in charge of their outfits always made it match all the time. 😍 (I think their matching outfits were actually the only one that is consistent on the show from start to end. ):laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
17 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

I love how the one in charge of their outfits always made it match all the time. 😍 (I think their matching outfits were actually the only one that is consistent on the show from start to end. )

indeed....at least we had one things thay consistent:laugh:

One things i want to praise this writer, anything that mentioned in earlier ep would be reveal slowly along the drama...like the level of punishment by rara teacher.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, purplefin said:

Yeah saw that too. My other friend said  maybe the scars were to make it more believable. But it looked real to me. 

Hahaha. The BTS reminds me of *sorry off topic* Stranger things kiss scene, the actors talked about it and revealed that the actor whispered "I'm coming in" signaling the actress to be ready that he is going to kiss her. 😆😅😂

Looks so real to me too. But maybe your friend has a point, since it was the arm with the cast.

Thats so funny with stranger things! :laugh:

51 minutes ago, multiloverss said:

indeed....at least we had one things thay consistent:laugh:

One things i want to praise this writer, anything that mentioned in earlier ep would be reveal slowly along the drama...like the level of punishment by rara teacher.

Glad they did not leave out the levels of punishment. 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, multiloverss said:

Yes. I did mention that before in this thread as well. Glad they showed it because I was curious too. 😅

Now that makes me remember,  when Rara mentioned that her  dream was to eat prime tenderloin beef steak, I thought they are going to eat it during their date. 😆

Sharing this cute fanart ❤ 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIFoyBjABQc/?igshid=1rkwdjkrld4u3

I did envisioned their wedding with Mimi as the "flower girl". 🐶😅. Oh well.. only in my dreams.😆

Btw,  I love how The Swoon still posts videos about them (referring to the "you two get a room post ") .  It seems they are also fans of LJW and GAR. 💙

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
10 hours ago, purplefin said:

Yes. I did mention that before in this thread as well. Glad they showed it because I was curious too. 😅

Now that makes me remember,  when Rara mentioned that her  dream was to eat prime tenderloin beef steak, I thought they are going to eat it during their date. 😆

Sharing this cute fanart ❤ 

I did envisioned their wedding with Mimi as the "flower girl". 🐶😅. Oh well.. only in my dreams.😆

Btw,  I love how The Swoon still posts videos about them (referring to the "you two get a room post ") .  It seems they are also fans of LJW and GAR. 💙

I guess the dinner they had after JaeMin's recital was the writers way of saying she fulfilled her dream of eating prime beef 

I wish The Swoon would still make the BTS of ep 11-16. Its almost a month since the show ended but still no BTS from the swoon... 

• Like 4
On 12/21/2020 at 1:56 AM, eNDe said:

Awww, Thanks for sharing these scenes! There's so many beautiful moments that I love being reminded of. Also, I really liked Lala's outfits in there scenes. I did get that they maybe wanted to show her growing up and maturing, but I missed her fun and crazy outfits in the later episodes. This blue dress was especially cute :heart:

Also would have loved to see a behind the scenes from this! I think funnily enough the behind the scenes clips were always happy...not sure if they did any of the crying scenes. Who knows if it was on that DVD....but meh! Let's try not to think about it!

On 12/21/2020 at 2:36 AM, eNDe said:

Thanks @JenL for cheering everyone! 

Also... @CINNABOM awesome "research"!! :yayaya:

I did notice the thumb caressing but I just didn't think that this is different with his other co-stars (I totally can't remember his with Lee Da-Hee from WWW:Search) so obviously your research is much needed, not off-topic at all. haha. 

No worries! And hahaha, yes, it was a good piece of research. I rewatched the Manbok -Sanja kiss today and thumb caressing was a real thing there! :wow:

On 12/21/2020 at 9:28 AM, twinkler0415 said:

Love Jun's reaction to Rara's sudden hug! 🥰 also love all their bike scene.  In this part, there was a big clue that Jun was Mr. Twinkle twinkle little star. The animation is so nice, wish they put more of that stuff. But too bad the last animation I think was the rainclouds on Rara's head when she did not get the job. 

We really need a time machine and mind control power to fix the writer's mess :laugh:

Hahaha, I do think there were lots of clue's about Jun's identity which we'd pick up watching it all again. Another fan said it was sweeter watching it the second time knowing who Jun was :hearties:

Hahaha, where can we get this time machine? I always wonder who did the editing??? Surely, as an editor you would say something or exert pressure to change the script!

On 12/21/2020 at 11:36 AM, purplefin said:

I believe the element of surprise is what they wanted....but again, why they chose to have no explanations is a real mystery. Like I think people would have been ok with the ending if there were other elements to support the time gap...like Jun had secretly been watching her the whole time/ sending someone to look after her....or there was a stronger reason, like you saw him literally battling his illness and it was really severe and it did take 5 years...I think the lack of explanation was the baffling bit as it gave people a lack of closure especially given the "death", not necessarily the bit going from sad to happy. :thinking:

On 12/21/2020 at 11:36 AM, purplefin said:

I love their call and text scenes too, they were great in showing their chemistry even if they filmed the scenes apart. 😉

The delivery of the actors is truly the saving grace of this drama. 

Yep, even when they were apart, they always showed a great level of chemistry :BulbaOWO: 

And I totally agree. If it was any other actors in this drama, I'm not sure I would have survived the ending. But because of how good they were as their characters, I still love Lala and Jun so so much :hearties:

On 12/21/2020 at 7:39 PM, eNDe said:

And no official news reported or from her about the arm injury which made me wonder why but not as baffling as the ending of ep 16. Maybe she wish to keep it private. 

Hahaha, "But not as baffling as the ending of ep 16"...nothing will baffle me as much ever again I think :laugh: That's strange that they didn't report on her injury...but maybe it was a private thing and they thought it would not affect her filming much so they decided to leave it. 

On 12/21/2020 at 8:46 PM, multiloverss said:

i noticed many times their coordi match the colour of their clothes. when they filming making cookies scene,both of them wearing yellow colour. The other scene is when jun  dissappear after dr cha know about his secret and rara found him both of them wearing purple.

Hehehe someone made a colour video of the two of them on instagram which was funny....actually I totally forgot LJW did a topless scene in this drama until I saw this colour video :laugh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIq4SDUDTD_/

20 hours ago, purplefin said:

The 3rd slide. It seems thay he was whispering something before the kiss..but maybe it was just my overthinking head 😆🙈

Hahaha, I only see the kiss. I love the behind the scenes for this one potentially more than the final cut :wow:

20 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I think it would be so nerve wrecking to lead the kiss as a male actor. Also a lot of actors also talk about making kisses look pretty is hard! But these two do a good job. LJW's jawline and GAR's pretty doe-eyed expressions...:heart:

19 hours ago, purplefin said:

I did envisioned their wedding with Mimi as the "flower girl". 🐶😅. Oh well.. only in my dreams.

Thanks for sharing this! It was so cute! And Mimi would have been the perfect flower girl doggo :eeeee:

9 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I guess the dinner they had after JaeMin's recital was the writers way of saying she fulfilled her dream of eating prime beef 

I wish The Swoon would still make the BTS of ep 11-16. Its almost a month since the show ended but still no BTS from the swoon... 

Hahaha, that is true! I guess that was a very happy dinner too since it was everyone together as a family! :BulbaOWO:

I would love to see more of the BTS done officially by The Swoon. I wonder if they will do them in the end since they've finished the drama run though I think they did release some ages after the end of It's ok to not be ok to encourage a second wave of viewers. :thinking::popcorn:

Though I guess between The Swoon, the two instagrammers and me and Stroppyse combined....we've almost covered all the BTS as fan subs...you can see them here if you missed any: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6u13xjKfqGNq9O0W1bXX-A

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 hours ago, JenL said:

believe the element of surprise is what they wanted....but again, why they chose to have no explanations is a real mystery. Like I think people would have been ok with the ending if there were other elements to support the time gap...like Jun had secretly been watching her the whole time/ sending someone to look after her....or there was a stronger reason, like you saw him literally battling his illness and it was really severe and it did take 5 years...I think the lack of explanation was the baffling bit as it gave people a lack of closure especially given the "death", not necessarily the bit going from sad to happy

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Another fan said it was sweeter watching it the second time knowing who Jun was :hearties:

I wish a fan with dope skills in editing would rearrange the scenes from first meet upto everything else after that. Lol! And also edit the '5 years later' caption and make it to '2 years later' instead for it to be acceptable to the fans! :laugh: i would really love to see like Jun secretly watching from afar or having Director Chu do the job for him... i wish the writers would redeem themselves and fix everything! Lol! 

I super love the 'whats your color' fanmade video!!! Laughed so hard with LJW topless scene having the lyrics 'i can be any color you like' hahahah 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I would love to see more of the BTS done officially by The Swoon. I wonder if they will do them in the end since they've finished the drama run though I think they did release some ages after the end of It's ok to not be ok to encourage a second wave of viewers. :thinking::popcorn:

2 hours ago, JenL said:

LJW's jawline and GAR's pretty doe-eyed expressions...:heart:

Thats nice to know about the swoon dropping the its ok not to be ok BTS very late. Atleast there is hope they are going to release it. (Though I've seen them all thanks to @JenL)

The jawline of LJW is super nice! Lol!! They make their kissing scene look super sweet. I notice GAR in kissing scenes, she seem a bit nervous as well, she always takes a deep breath right before LJW swoops in for a kiss :lenny:

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, JenL said:

I rewatched the Manbok -Sanja kiss today and thumb caressing was a real thing there! 

Im rewatching the first encounter of Manbok and Sunja, the piano background is super nice. I listened to all the BGM of the soundtrack but never found it.... 😔 it was such a nice music, it also played the first time they showed Eunpo/Mokpo cable car (when Jun, Dr. Cha, stalker and Grandpa were at the same time). I wonder if the released soundtrack that is free is the same as the physical copy... there are some music in the show that is not in the soundtrack list (mostly BGM) i love listening to BGM also becuase it also brings back the memory of a certain scene.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
15 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Oh yeah, i haven't noticed they haven't uploaded it yet. 😅 . Will look forward to that. 

5 hours ago, JenL said:

Also would have loved to see a behind the scenes from this! I think funnily enough the behind the scenes clips were always happy...not sure if they did any of the crying scenes. Who knows if it was on that DVD....but meh! Let's try not to think about it!

Yeah, would love to see the NG scenes as well. I bet there are plenty as GAR claimed LJW laughs a lot. 😅😆

5 hours ago, JenL said:

I believe the element of surprise is what they wanted....but again, why they chose to have no explanations is a real mystery. Like I think people would have been ok with the ending if there were other elements to support the time gap...like Jun had secretly been watching her the whole time/ sending someone to look after her....or there was a stronger reason, like you saw him literally battling his illness and it was really severe and it did take 5 years...I think the lack of explanation was the baffling bit as it gave people a lack of closure especially given the "death", not necessarily the bit going from sad to happy. :thinking:

I agree.  Closure was what the audience  needed despite the technically happy ending. There was one theory I read in the reviews that it might be because there are saving it for season 2 -- which would be nice but a little farfetched I think. It's quite rare for korean dramas to have second seasons unless it's really big. 😔

5 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I only see the kiss. I love the behind the scenes for this one potentially more than the final cut :wow:

Yes.  This is one  of the best BTS--sadly we wouldn't get our hand on the dvd. We just have to rely with the staff to post it. 😅

The editor doesn't want  to give us the close up shots  😆 . So greedy.  Thank God whoever uploaded the BTS kiss scenes. 🥰🤩

------

Thank you for all your hard work @JenL🤗

-------

4 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I wish a fan with dope skills in editing would rearrange the scenes from first meet upto everything else after that. Lol! And also edit the '5 years later' caption and make it to '2 years later' instead for it to be acceptable to the fans! :laugh: i would really love to see like Jun secretly watching from afar or having Director Chu do the job for him... i wish the writers would redeem themselves and fix everything! Lol! 

Yes. I would really love the writers to redeem themselves too. This drama had a lot of potential. And sometimes I feel sad reading bad reviews from other people because they were clouded by the ending and doesn't know how to appreciate the hard work of the cast. 

@twinkler0415yes, some of the bg music are not in the ost. I wanted every bit of music used in the drama to be in the OST. 😅

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
22 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I wish a fan with dope skills in editing would rearrange the scenes from first meet upto everything else after that.

Not exactly what you’re looking for but I love these latest fan edits: :hearties:

ep 16:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJGp1NWp7aO/?igshid=f6wg258afpbr

photoshoot:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJHLhewpiQi/?igshid=1evlfq4b87h6j

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

I'll reply to these comments later...but just wanted to say:

Merry Christmas @Just_Me @eNDe @Unnie0110 @twinkler0415 @purplefin @okrim @multiloverss

Thanks @stroppyse for starting both the threads! And Thanks once again for all your translations!

Thanks for all the DDSSLLS, LJW and GAR, LalaJun chats this year! It's been fun getting to know you all through this drama and glad you all brought lots of lovely insights to this drama.

As a Christmas present, I got someone to translate this video and I've subbed it :) If we're not getting new BTS footage, may as well make sure we understand all the BTS videos by translating the few that haven't been translated yet! :laugh::hearties:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Party! 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days