abs-oluteM

• 2 weeks later...

Oh our poor Jae Young is a lonely soul @Tofu

Go Hyun Jung And Shin Hyun Been’s New JTBC Drama To Premiere In October

DRAMA PREVIEW

Source: Soompi

Aug 25, 2021

by S. Nam

Go Hyun Jung and Shin Hyun Been’s upcoming JTBC drama “A Person Similar to You” (literal title) will be premiering in October!

“A Person Similar to You” is about a woman who is devoted to her desires and another woman who loses the light in her life due to the other. The drama will be about the affair, betrayal, corruption, and revenge that follows their meeting and stars Go Hyun Jung, Shin Hyun Been, Kim Jae Young, and Choi Won Young.

Although the drama is based on a novel of the same name by writer Jung So Hyun, “A Person Similar to You” will be a new type of drama and will be penned by scriptwriter Yoo Bo Ra of “Secret,” “Snowy Road,” and “Just Between Lovers.”

Go Hyun Jung will be playing the lead role of Jung Hee Joo, who grew up in poverty but now lives a successful life as an artist and essay writer after creating a happy and well-off family. Although she lives an enviable life, she still harbors feelings of emptiness about the time that has passed. Since this is Go Hyun Jung’s first time starring in a drama in approximately two years, anticipation is high for her upcoming portrayal.

Go-Hyun-Jung.jpg

The production team shared, “We thought of Go Hyun Jung first as the actress who could best portray the strong and complex inner feelings that the lead character Jung Hee Joo possesses.”

Shin Hyun Been will be playing the other leading character Goo Hae Won, who grew up with beautiful youth. However, she is deeply hurt from her meeting with Jung Hee Joo, and she discovers that the wound only continues to fester as time passes. Viewers are curious to see how Shin Hyun Been will portray a character who once shined brightly while harboring a dream but eventually becomes miserably destroyed.

Kim Jae Young will play Seo Woo Jae who follows in the footsteps of his genius father who is a sculptor. He enters art school and also becomes a sculptor, but his looks always become more of a hot issue than his talent. Seo Woo Jae is an anxious character with a lonely soul.

Choi Won Young takes on the role of Jung Hee Joo’s kind and sentimental husband Ahn Hyun Sung, who is the chairman of Taerim Foundation’s hospital and middle school.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Tofu @Mizv @ktcjdrama I didn't realise that KJY was going through some sort of slump after Beautiful Love Wonderful Life . That was why he had taken such a long break. In this pictorial & interview that he did with his bestie Joo Wae Joo, he mentions of feeling down after filming for a year with BLWL and took a break. He also mentions about his comeback for this drama - a role that he desperately wanted to do. 

https://www.elle.co.kr/article/57359

Let me go now in a corner and cry ...didn't realise he was having such a hard time. Am glad he's bounced back. 

• Sad 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

didn't realise he was having such a hard time. Am glad he's bounced back. 

I wouldn't have guessed too... I wonder what happened... My poor baby... Hope filming this drama will bring him some renewed energy and spirit. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

• 2 weeks later...

@abs-oluteM I didn't realized you tagged me in this thread. Sometimes I get lost in all my notifications. :BulbaConfused: That makes sense why he was gone for so long. I missed him after that drama. I'm so happy that he decided to pick up this project. Also, I didn't know he was BFF with Joo Woo Jae. I saw him in Please Don't Date Him (he didn't have a big role) and thought he was good (his character was a bit of a jerk though). 

Love the two posters and the script reading clip was a bit unique compared to others. Can't wait for this!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 9/11/2021 at 10:20 PM, Tofu said:

They changed the English title to Reflection of You? I guess that's a shorter way of saying a person who looks like you. :laugh:

That seems to be the new name everyone is using. LOL!

----------

New teasers

The woman who has everything

The broken woman

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The woman who has everything (Go Hyun Jung ) vs The Broken Woman

109224870.1.jpg

Jung Hee-joo's face, who seems calm but cannot hide her strong shaking eyes, and another protagonist Koo Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin)'s  face overlaps, and Jung Hee-joo recites a line that seems to deny the reality that is difficult to handle, "Not yet, hell." Along with this, Jung Hee-joo's face, which was painted in black and white, returns to its original color, gives a meaningful look as if determined and afraid.

The second teaser video begins with Koo Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin), who is frowning and closing her eyes. Soon after, Koo Hae-won's expression shows she was surprised and her expression intersects with Jung Hee-joo's expression in the first teaser. The sound of a broken glass and  Koo Hae-won says, "Something in me must have been broken."  Koo Hae-won's face, which was also in black and white, slowly regains its original color, Then Koo Hae-won looks around with a desperate look but also looks relieved, making people curious about her story.

The two teaser videos strongly contrasted with the sense of crisis felt by Jung Hee-joo, a woman with everything, and the emptiness of Koo Hae-won, a woman who broke down, stimulating curiosity about the story. First broadcast at 10:30 pm on October 13 depicts the story of  a woman who abandoned the being  of wife and mother and was faithful to her own desires, and another woman Goo Hae-won, who became a supporting role in her life through a short meeting with her.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210913/109224877/1

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I have only noticed the drama title design from the teasers. And the words are forming a silhouette of a face, which looks really cool!.... well except that I probably will leave the ㅅ left stroke shorter, because then it kinda looks like a nose hair sticking out 😆.... Pardon me.... 

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Then Koo Hae-won looks around with a desperate look but also looks relieved

And some people still say she cannot act 🙄

• Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Wow, the concept of the teasers (interchanging the scenes between the two FL) is so interesting that my anticipation keeps rising.

Agreed! Whoever did the editing for that is amazing! :pandachamp:

I think it might just be the three of us watching. Not many people want to watch melodramas. :laugh:

• Haha 2

Teaser 3 ...looks intense

On the 20th, the production team of 'People Like You' released the 3rd teaser showing the confused mind of the main character Jeong Hee-joo (Go Hyun-jung) and the unknown behavior of Goo Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin) who caused it. In the teaser video released on this day, Jung Hee-joo, who walks through the darkness and goes somewhere, said, "I think about hell. I think about a world that is hell even when I'm alive." 

Then, while living a splendid life as a successful painter and essay writer, Jeong Hee-joo says, “I’m almost there” with a somewhat disillusioned figure. Jeong Hee-joo, sitting on a dark boat floating on the water, says as if vowing, “It is not hell yet,” and in her memory, another brilliant time with Goo Hae-won passes, followed by the monologue, “You are my hell.” In addition, Goo Hae-won said, "Sister is not very polite to me. In the past or now,” she pointedly criticized and said, “Now, what are you going to do with this?” implying a tangled relationship with exhausted Jeong Hee-joo. 

JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'You,' which will portray the story of Jung Hee-joo, a woman who abandoned the the roles of wife and mother, and was faithful to her own desires, and Goo Hae-won, another woman who became a supporting character in her life through a brief meeting with her. 'People who look alike' will premiere on October 13th (Wednesday) at 10:30 PM.

Meanwhile, Goo Hae-won, standing in the middle of the classroom, appears to be  beating a girl's head without mercy. But soon, Hae-won Goo whispers to Jeong Hee-joo, “I’m scared of myself,” and the image of Jeong Hee-joo shaking like crazy shakes the hearts of the viewers. Jung Hee-joo asks Goo Hae-won, "What is the purpose of coming here while touching my daughter Lisa?", but a shocking scene is also revealed in which a cold expressionless Goo Hae-won pours juice on Jeong Hee-joo's head.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2021092065084

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1