Reflection of You / Person Who Looks Like You 너를 닮은 사람 [2021]

abs-oluteM

@Tofu So happy to see him. Really. Almost two years since BLWL

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20211001/109518174/1

109518172.1.jpg

Seo Woo-jae, a sculptor who shakes women's hearts, is the 'art brother' and college senior of the main character, Goo Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin). Because of this, he always suffers from anxiety, but he tries to hide it outwardly. He looks like a free spirit, but the lack of something stimulates maternal love.

Seo Woo-jae of 'People Like You', played by Kim Jae-young, plays a role that greatly affects the two main characters 'Jeong Hee-joo (Go Hyun-jung)' and 'Goo Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin)', and creates perfect chemistry with the two women. The synergy effect that Kim Jae-young's unique atmosphere and seductive Seo Woo-jae's character will create in harmony is expected.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Recaps for the 4th teasers from both their POVs. From what I am guessing that KJY's character gets caught between the two of them. 

uRATcqm.png

Full videos in spoiler

Spoiler

Photo courtesy of Celltrion Entertainment, JTBC Studio

n JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'People Like You', the 4th teaser shows the precarious and tense confrontation between the protagonist Jeong Hee-joo (Go Hyun-jung), who tells the 'beginning' of the story, and the other protagonist, Goo Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin), who tells the 'end'. The video captivates viewers. The 4th teaser for 'People Like You', which was released on the 29th, consists of two videos representing the positions of Jung Hee-joo and Goo Hae-won. Hee-joo Jeong appears as a painter who passionately brushes with the monologue "every story has a beginning". However, behind Jeong Hee-joo, who is a successful painter and seems happy without being remorseful in a splendid public setting, there was also a difficult daily life of being ignored by her mother-in-law because she was a 'high school graduate'.

Meanwhile, Goo Hae-won appears in front of Jeong Hee-joo, a 'someone I don't want to meet'. Jeong Hee-joo strongly says, "Don't approach my family in the future. Don't even meet my husband separately", but Goo Hae-won coolly asks, "But why did you do that?"

On the other hand, the teaser video drawn from Goo Hae-won's point of view begins with a monologue, "Every story has an end. The end of my story is also you". Goo Hae-won looks back at the fragments of the brilliant time when she and Jung Hee-joo poured her passion into the canvas, but soon returns to the present where the light of youth has been lost.

And Jeong Hee-joo says, "How long have you been delusional... you're bullshit, you're a dog," and she is shaken by Goo Hae-won's provocation. The appearance of Goo Hae-won created a sense of crisis. Also, the appearance of Goo Hae-won with an unknown smile towards Jung Hee-joo seems to be aggressive, but it represents the character of Goo Hae-won, who is difficult to grasp inside.

'People like you' is a dense narrative depicting the story of a woman who abandoned the modifiers of wife and mother and was faithful to her desires, and Goo Hae-won, another woman who became a supporting character in my life through a brief meeting with her. The first broadcast will be on the 13th (Wednesday) at 10:30 pm.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2021092938604

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@Mizv true  ...he is the reason I got so excited in the 1st place. The drama is a very heavy melodrama...as it is Lost is already driving me nuts. LOL! 

Finally a very KJY centric teaser

Omg...is he dead already and we're watching flashbacks?

Gosh , did he cheat on Hae Won ( Shin Hyun Been) ?

Naver article recapping the teaser

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20211006_0001604532&cID=10601&pID=10600

The first trailer for 'People Like You', released by the production team on the 6th, contains the story of Seo Woo-jae (Kim Jae-young), who is entangled with two women, Jung Hee-joo and Goo Hae-won. Jeong Hee-joo, “Why did you come to me?” is directed toward Goo Hae-won who provokes her, and the intense hug between Jeong Hee-joo and Seo Woo-jae heralds a ripple.

Also, Goo Hae-won, who had a happy smile next to Seo Woo-jae in the past, repeats, "I'll put everything back to its original state", and Jeong Hee-joo's husband Ahn Hyun-seong (Choi Won-young), who says, "Is this the meaning of Seo Woo-jae's death?". This makes us wonder what kind of existence 'Seo Woo-jae' was between the two women.

Against Goo Hae-won who threatens to destroy Jeong Hee-joo, a successful painter and mother of two, who lives happily ever after, Jeong Hee-joo takes a stance to protect her children. And Seo Woo-jae, a man who harbors as much secret as the two women, asks “What did I do wrong?” penetrates the entire mystery of the drama.

• Heart Eyes 3

If GHJ got involved between Goo Hae Won and Seo Woo Jae in the past, and that caused the death and misery of the two.  Then, I wonder how they will make Jeong Hee Joo still sympathetic to the viewers or will they just go full-on villain/selfish GHJ?  If the premise was really JHJ messing with the young GHW, then I can sympathise with Hae Won wanting revenge in the present. 

• Insightful 3

Some highlights from the press con:

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003788627

The lead actress of JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'People like you' showed deep affection for her colleagues as well as her work. In particular, Go Hyun-jung commented on Choi Won-young, who plays the husband's role in the play, "I wanted to live together with him", raising expectations for a perfect couple.

Go Hyun-jung, Shin Hyun-bin, and director Im Hyun-wook of 'People Like You' told the behind-the-scenes story of the filming through a press conference on the 13th, and appealed to the viewers the charm of the work in advance. Go Hyeon-jeong, who plays the role of 'Jeong Hee-joo', a painter,  said, "It may be a bit of a cliché, but it  was a fate that led me to this work." I fell in love with it and read it. And  I thought that I would not be able to do this drama if I didn’t do it this time.”

Shin Hyun-bin, who was nicknamed 'Mimi (crazy art teacher)' by wearing the same green coat all three seasons,  plays 'Goo Hae-won', who was also called 'Green Monster' at the production presentation site, also said, "I had already had work planned when I had to  chose the drama. It was a difficult time but the script moved me so much," she confessed. Then, "I kept wondering about the next episode, and I thought, 'If I don't do it, who will?'

Go Hyun-jung, who showed deep trust in Shin Hyun-bin, who can be called the 'opposite role', was confident of their perfect collaboration . Go Hyun-jung said, "Choi Won-young, who plays the role of her husband Ahn Hyun-seong in the play, has been so nice to me that I want to live with this person." Kim Jae-young, who plays another male lead, Seo Woo-jae, was pleasantly commented, "He seems reticent (quiet) , but  has a unique sense of humor."

Shin Hyun-bin said, "I met and talked with Go Hyun-jeong often and became close, so it was really fun on set. She made it warm. "

Director Lim Hyun-wook, who completed 'A Person Like You' with the  two actors, looked back, "When I offered to appear in this work with Ko Hyun-jung, I was nervous because she was considering  several other works, but I got a call very quickly from her ( to confirm ) and I  said 'Hurray'." . About Shin Hyun-bin, he recalled the overwhelming emotions, saying, "I was worried because I knew that she was filming another project for a long time, but in the end, I was able to work with two actors that I did not even consider looking for a replacement."

• Like 3

finished creepy episode 1.  got a glimpse of KYJ

very mellow start with good attention getters.  who died. Who killed who. Why the creepy stalking. What’s up with the past between these women.

Take notice the conversation between the two women  of THIS incident and THAT incident.  Something happen in the past……

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Wow, what an episode. It was a bit on the creepy side like @Mizv mentioned. It almost seem like GHW is stalking JHJ because of their past relationship -- did JHJ's husband do something to KJY's character? :thinking:

I was not for the student abuse and reasoning it as "punishment". :niu:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
11 hours ago, Mizv said:

finished creepy episode 1.  got a glimpse of KYJ

very mellow start with good attention getters.  who died. Who killed who. Why the creepy stalking. What’s up with the past between these women.

Indeed creepy... Very intriguing people and relationship... 

There's a tiny clue of where I'm speculating Jeong Hee Joo is not from a refined background. She almost wanted to stir her instant coffee with the packaging, but changed her mind and took a spoon instead. So there might be a secret that she's hiding from her husband's rich family (having a school and a hospital). Her MIL also mentioned about her habit of hitting people to solve problem? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Insightful 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

On 10/11/2021 at 11:11 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Christmas colours but the story feels far from being Christmassy.

I am so curious about the choice of red and green for each of the FL... In episode 1 alone, it happened two separate times when the women met . And then there's the poster of them, again one in red and the other in green. I hope there'll be an explanation of the significance. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am so curious about the choice of red and green for each of the FL... In episode 1 alone, it happened two separate times when the women met . And then there's the poster of them, again one in red and the other in green. I hope there'll be an explanation of the significance. 

Do you see that KJY's in the  character chart  had both colours on it? I remember reading somewhere that the green coat was what Hee Joo bought for  Hae Won? 

Will be back with more thoughts after I finish eps 1, I only managed to watch for short while during lunch.

hmmm they seem very chummy before . Was Hae Won the one who taught Hee Joo art?

'People who look like you' Episode 2/ Photo = Courtesy of JTBC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Do you see that KJY's in the  character chart  had both colours on it? I remember reading somewhere that the green coat was what Hee Joo bought for  Hae Won? 

Yes, I noticed that... So it might seem that they were dating the same guy, maybe that's what caused their fall out. At the moment, KJY's character is in comma, so I think there's this one party blaming another for what happened to him? He won't be able to clarify for now. I think we'll see him mostly in flashbacks. 

The green coat was indeed bought by Hee Joo. There's a very brief moment of flashback by Hee Joo when she saw Hae Won picking up that coat. And yes, Hee Joo was taught by Hae Won, and her hubs is aware about this because Hee Joo once told him. Not clear if he's met her before or not. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

At the moment, KJY's character is in comma, so I think there's this one party blaming another for what happened to him? He won't be able to clarify for now. I think we'll see him mostly in flashbacks. 

I was so happy he was in a comma and not dead. LOL  At least he may wake up mid drama. :psweatduck:

But the husband was his doc in Ireland right that was treating him?  I am confused - it seems that a girl named Hannah discharge him when the hubs returned to SK. But then we were told that Hae Won's name is also Hannah in the past.

But wahhh 1st episode had plenty of mysteries. I liked it.  For one I thought it was nice to see SHB play a role like this after Hospital Playlist. She's mental & borderline psycho. And whatever  that she has on her mind to take revenge on has been planned with much detail. She has made contact with her family including the brother who is the physiothrepist.

Hee Joo's mum in law looks down at her & yes it is likely that HJ came for more humble beginnings. But the MIL said this interesting thing about HJ going back to her old ways. What was that about? The hubs seem like a very good husband & father but hmmm Hae Won mentioned something in the preview that she may not know what her husband is truly like. So his loving image may be shattered later? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1