Reflection of You / Person Who Looks Like You 너를 닮은 사람 [2021]

abs-oluteM

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

This is my first drama of him where he's a jerk. My fangirl heart really have to be strong. LOL

Handsome is so handsome :wow: I wish he has more screentime. Maybe after this we get to see more of him. I love his long hair. 

I am beginning to feel sorry for HW. She is hanging onto a person who clearly doesn’t love her, and she knows it. Whyyy girl.... 

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

48 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Handsome is so handsome :wow: I wish he has more screentime. Maybe after this we get to see more of him. I love his long hair. 

I am beginning to feel sorry for HW. She is hanging onto a person who clearly doesn’t love her, and she knows it. Whyyy girl.... 

It was a one sided love from the start. Woo Jae loved Ui Joo and would have broken it off with Hae Won (and not go through with the marriage)  if UJ had asked him too. He's clearly a coward here. Of course Ui Joo would not give up her own marriage.  I am just wondering at what point they went to stay abroad together and had that baby. I suppose it is after the marriage registration and he & Hae Won were already in Germany. So perhaps when the husband was posted to Europe to work perhaps they reconnected and resumed the affair?

Whatever it is, UJ  clearly could not stay on & had enough and wanted to return back to her own marriage. She drugged him so she could run off. Now I wonder if her husband had something to do with Woo Jae's condition that caused him to go into a coma?  Cause Hae Won keeps saying he's not a good person. 

And does it seem to me that Woo Jae is also out for some sort of crazy twisted revenge ? Just like HW seems to want to turn UJ's life into some sort of living hell, Woo Jae from the teasers seem to give me some the same vibe. Maybe he wants to get his son back??? ( kind of looking forward to crazy MIL finding out her beloved grandson is not her son's . LOL) 

Honestly eps 4 was very interesting & now we have to wait for a week. 

Written preview: 

Woo-jae (Kim Jae-young) and Hee-joo (Go Hyun-jung) reunited! However, Hee-joo is puzzled because she looks so different from the Woo-jae she knew in the past. Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin) tries to protect Woo-jae, but the relationship between Hee-joo and Woo-jae is uncomfortable... Haewon and Woojae came to Heejoo's exhibition! What was the first meaningful word that Woojae gave as if he knew something?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 episodes plus 13:58 mins my KYJ appears…. Then disappears instantly.  I see him give a back hug… then disappears.   I am currently on P a u s e.  Trying to get myself hyped into this drama.

love the screenshots.  Going to put him on my computer desktop 

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So much to talk about as more information were disclosed about the relationship between all of them! 

I'm suspecting that WJ broke off his marriage (may not have been legally) with HW because of his affair with HJ. It almost seem like he was not with her because he loved her, but because of convenience -- maybe even for the both of them because HW mentioned there being benefits for married couples studying abroad. When she said she couldn't go study abroad anymore, was it because WJ disappeared with HJ?

The car ride with Lisa and HS (HJ's husband) was interesting. HS doesn't remember the flower while Lisa talked about him being there; however in her memory, it's WJ she's remembering. Did Lisa live together with HJ and WJ in that remote house too?

Because of how often being in a miserable marriage was brought up in today's episode, it's likely that there might have been a period where HJ's and HS's marriage was not going well. I'm curious to find out what HS's background is. I'm anticipating something not good because HW said if HJ knew about it, she wouldn't be ok with it. By the way, I thought it was interesting how HS was worried about HJ thinking there was something going on with him and HW -- esp. when it seemed like he was well aware of the affair between HJ and WJ. 

Gah, I can't believe HJ and WJ did that to HW, horrible people! It's no wonder HW is out for blood from all of them. They basically did all of those things behind her back while she was blindly trusting them. There are clips of HW and WJ together again in next week's preview, but I can't imagine HW just getting back together with WJ -- I hope not. 

@abs-oluteM @Mizv For you guys...haha!

ROY-01.gif

• Heart Eyes 3

@Tofu I am a bit confused with the flashbacks & the time line. For Hee Joo  to have stayed with Woo Jae for a period of time with their son means that she definitely left her husband. And what about Lisa? Boarding school? It is not easy for her to cover up her pregnancy from her husband if they had still been together. 

Hae Won needs to start loving herself & should not reunite with Woo Jae - at least from what I get of the story , it is such a toxic relationship. Really crazy.

Gosh look at these cheekbones. 

• Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

27 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

O, I forgot to ask... who else is super disappointed with the 19+ scene? I mean, do they even need to change the ratings? :laugh:

Me...I was like errr how is this +19? Never saw anything also...

• Haha 3

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM Me too! I think the scenes in Nevertheless were more rated 19 than this one. :laugh:

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

And what about Lisa? Boarding school? It is not easy for her to cover up her pregnancy from her husband if they had still been together. 

Maybe they were all in Ireland together? Hahaha! Everyone is in love with WJ. Maybe that's why HS kept him in the hospital. :lmao2:

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm suspecting that WJ broke off his marriage (may not have been legally) with HW because of his affair with HJ. It almost seem like he was not with her because he loved her, but because of convenience -- maybe even for the both of them because HW mentioned there being benefits for married couples studying abroad. When she said she couldn't go study abroad anymore, was it because WJ disappeared with HJ?

Gah, I can't believe HJ and WJ did that to HW, horrible people! It's no wonder HW is out for blood from all of them. They basically did all of those things behind her back while she was blindly trusting them. There are clips of HW and WJ together again in next week's preview, but I can't imagine HW just getting back together with WJ -- I hope not. 

On HW's monologue before she saw HJ's poster by the street side, she mentioned that they just disappeared.  No explanations, no words...... He was a sunbae, fiancee and HJ was a friend..... the least that they (or he) could have done was tell her.... Hey, I'm alive and well but leaving you.  Such heartless people, and they were her friends or so she thought.

Also, HW does have an awareness that WJ was the one who ruined her, but I wonder if there is more that HJ directly did to her.  We haven't seen how she got her injury and that particular incident.  I do wonder if the incident is just the 2 disappearing for a while, or there is more "action" involved. 

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Me...I was like errr how is this +19? Never saw anything also...

We usually get these scenes in movies, for dramas it is the morning after scene that we get.  So yeah, them insuatininng the deed and not the aftermath, it is R19 for k-drama standards.

:smug:

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hae Won needs to start loving herself & should not reunite with Woo Jae - at least from what I get of the story , it is such a toxic relationship. Really crazy.

I honestly hope she just needs closure coz she was left hanging.  But then again, we won't have a 16 episodes if that will be the case. 

:lmao2:

• Haha 3

Dunno what he's saying. Maybe walking us through the character. Let's see if later got translations

Full video 

I just realise he is two years younger than SHB, so addresses her as noona if I am hearing correctly. He calls GHJ sunbaenim as expected. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

From Naver about that interview ...gosh our poor boy was having such a hard time after BLWL. He mentioned in the interview about how he had lost confidence in acting, so this work was like going back to basics for him . That's why I think it felt special & he wanted to do it so badly.

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/329052

In the interview content 'Jtalk', which was recently released through JTBC's official YouTube channel, Jaeyoung Kim told the story behind the filming of the drama 'People who look like you'. Above all, about acting  with Go Hyun-jung, who is the main character, Jung Hee-joo, which is of interest to viewers, Kim Jae-young said, "I had an emotional scene from the first time we met , but Ko Hyun-jung made me feel more comfortable. I was shocked that I was able to express my emotions immediately without even thinking about it." Kim Jae-young said.  "After filming, I contacted her saying, 'It was my first time acting like this. Thank you.' It's really a new and amazing experience.” Thanks to these two actors, the melodies of Hee-joo and Woo-jae in 'People Like You' were able to be beautifully completed.

Meanwhile, Shin Hyun-bin, who took on the role of Goo Hae-won, also encouraged Kim Jae-young. Kim Jae-young said, “I am a senior in the play, but in fact, Shin Hyun-bin is two years older than me. Although there is not much age difference, I became a reliant on her.

” In 'Person Like You', Woo Jae was originally engaged to Haewon, a junior in art school , but fell for Heeju, who was Haewon's acquaintance, and left to "escape for love" recklessly to Ireland. Regarding the reason why this happened, Kim Jae-young said, "Hee-ju and Woo-jae have their own people" ( hmm can't quite make out what that means here ) 

Also, from Woojae's point of view, Woojae said, "Woojae doesn't have many memories of his family when he was young, but he must have felt that Heejoo filled his emptiness . 

Kim Jae-young, who tried long hair style for the first time to become a sculptor Seo Woo-jae, and learned painting and sculpting for over two months, said, "Seo Woo-jae and I seem to have a similarity to 'perseverance'. I lost weight, but Woojae has that tenacity.” However, he said, “There are many differences, but compared to Seo Woo-jae, I joke and talk a lot."

Lastly, about the drama 'People Like You', Kim Jae-young said, "I had lost a lot of confidence in acting, so I thought, 'Let's go back to the beginning. If you can feel it (his acting) , I would  have gained a lot from that alone.”

----------------

New stills

This is going to be interesting. Do both Woo Jae and Hae Won have this twisted pact for revenge?

202110270841510010_3.jpg

• Like 3

Wow!!! The makjang level has gone up. Amnesia arc. ...having said that it was such an interesting episode.

So from what I understand maybe a few months back, Woo Jae woke up from his comma and he remembered Hae Won's number and called her. He had been unconscious in the last few years as he met an accident ( the circumstances to which has not been revealed). Since he had no passport on him , no one could contact his next of kin. Even after he called HW, she still had to do a lot of things to look for him and to track him. He had lost his memories or more like what is called as dissociative amnesia.

He is still weak physically and when HW brought him back from Ireland , he had been in a nursing facility and was only released to go home during the opening of the exhibit. HW had kept good care of his sculptures all this while , and the director of the gallery knows WJ's father ( also a talented sculptor) and decided to have him exhibit his work.

He had completely wiped off all memories of Hee Ju (at least that is what it seems) but I am wondering if that is really the case. The things he says are quite cryptic and that smile he gave Hee Joo's hubs as if he knows him makes me wonder how it that he does. For now I assume he really has amnesia. And HW in my opinion, is on a path of self destruction because she is obsessed in "restoring" everything that she should have had. Since WJ is some sort of blank canvas, she is beginning to manipulate his memories too. 

Hee Joo is actually a woman who seems  so put together and tries to project a happy front , but yet  have no control of anything ( which I feel may have been a catalyst to the affair) in her life. She seems to be so worried about upsetting or offending anyone. 

Will Woo Jae start regaining his memories ? 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

it was such an interesting episode.

I've just finished watching too. I thought the episode was intense, quietly intense... We've been shown the past bit by bit. There's always something new to wonder on. And yes, I never expect that we'll be served the amnesia card :laugh: We clearly have the birth secret trope already, of course, in that little boy. Do you remember how old the little boy is now? In the phone call from WJ, HW mentioned he disappeared for 4 years. I'm just trying to put a time line. 

13 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

HW in my opinion, is on a path of self destruction

HJ too... She is so disturbed and bothered by his reappearance. She couldn't accept that he has amnesia and seems determined to restore his memory... whatever for? Isn't it more beneficial for her that he has forgotten about her? But it's like she can't have it, can't stand it, that he remembers her no more. She is playing with fire. She suggested WJ to call HW's phone, yet she didn't do so but offered him a ride home instead. Did she also forget that HW once told her that Sunbae misses her? She could've called HW out on that when HW was saying to her about hoping WJ might remember her. She also painted that picture of scenery that could trigger WJ's memory? What was she trying to do? smh.... 

18 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The things he says are quite cryptic and that smile he gave Hee Joo's hubs as if he knows him makes me wonder how it that he does.

Yes, he said to him "long time no see", and then kinda smirked a bit?.... That last scene with the four of them was intense! LOL, it's like I can feel daggers flying and all the tension in the air can create a new wave of electricity. 

Did you notice when WJ said he wants to be an artist as successful as HJ, she sneered a bit? I said it before and am saying it again ~ HJ is so fake! That big smile she gave her husband as he walked in when she was searching for accident news on her tablet... urgh... and when she was talking to the SIL and during the dinner with the gallery director.

I still cannot decide which woman I dislike more. HW remains in her taunting mode. I wonder why... If I were her, I would find another area and just live life peacefully with the long-lost man I love. I wouldn't be thinking of revenge, as it will risk me losing again what I recovered.

I am still curious about the timeline of WJ's return to Korea. Will wait for more reveal/information. Hopefully this is not a mis-production because the time frame is not tallying for me so far. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

This was a bit of an intense episode. And just like @ktcjdrama, I can't decide which female character I dislike more. :niu:

HJ can't decide what she wants. She doesn't want HW meddling in her life but she goes in meddle in HW's life. She left WJ alone in Ireland but seemed sad when he couldn't remember her. Based on the phone call she received from HS when they were in Ireland, HS was aware that she was there with the baby but did not know that WJ was there. At the end, HJ chose to leave WJ because she couldn't stand how poor they were. 

I think HW is also going to self destruct. She is choosing to stay with WJ while knowing that he loved someone else -- he even traveled to Ireland to be with that person. Doesn't it seem like HW is a bit obsessed with waiting for WJ? I think her life stopped when he disappeared four years ago. She never moved on from that moment which is why she's trying to hold on to something that's barely there anymore. 

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Do you remember how old the little boy is now? In the phone call from WJ, HW mentioned he disappeared for 4 years. I'm just trying to put a time line. 

He is around 4-5 years old. There was a scene in the earlier episodes were they talked about him going to kindergarten. 

This smirk at the end...did he really forget his memories?!

ROY-04v2.gif 

Maybe WJ is back to seek revenge on HS and HJ, who might have harmed him (physically and mentally/emotionally)? If the drama does end up going this route, I don't know why he has to use HW, as if she hasn't had enough already. 

At this point, I wish that karma visit HJ soon. I think they are all pretty bad characters but thinking it about it some more, she slightly more horrible than the rest. She doesn't have any remorse after all she's done. HJ dislike the mother-in-law, but they are pretty similar, aren't they? They demand things from others but never look to see if they are the reason things are the way they are. 

• Clapping Hands 3
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

At this point, I wish that karma visit HJ soon. I think they are all pretty bad characters but thinking it about it some more, she slightly more horrible than the rest. She doesn't have any remorse after all she's done.

I agree with you about her being slightly more horrible. We see that HW in the past is at least a sunny and friendly person. Something happened that changed her and made her who she is now.

As for HJ, she used people for her advantage. Although we see that she did care about HW, but eventually she chose to fulfill her own needs first and foremost. She has a marriage with a husband who seems to accommodate her every needs/wishes and be willing to do anything for her (except going against his mother). She has the love of a young man who gave up everything to be with her. Yet at the end of the day, when she has had enough of her fun and fling, she chose her own comfort. The way she left him was horrible. Drugged him and stole his passport so he became stranded in faraway foreign isolated place. What was she thinking? She didn’t care what will happen to him. Never bothered to find out. As if he is a dead person. Wouldn’t it be very easy for him to find her back in Korea if he wants to? 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama @Tofu I do have some sympathies for Hae Won. It troubles me now that she seems so emotionally unstable. The way she went berserk in front of the therapist  when she could not find Woo Jae, is indication that she needs some sort of counselling & psychological therapy herself. In this drama it feels like everyone is trying to mess with everyone else's mind.

------------

New stills

1635405796872869.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/27/2021 at 9:26 AM, abs-oluteM said:

From Naver about that interview ...gosh our poor boy was having such a hard time after BLWL. He mentioned in the interview about how he had lost confidence in acting, so this work was like going back to basics for him . That's why I think it felt special & he wanted to do it so badly.

Just curious...... I thought BLWL was a relatively successful weekend drama, why did he have a hard time?  Was his character a difficult one?  I admit I have a generalise view on weekend dramas as they seemed to film longer, hence actors become closer; and then characters they portray are most of the time run of mill.  

16 hours ago, Tofu said:

At this point, I wish that karma visit HJ soon. I think they are all pretty bad characters but thinking it about it some more, she slightly more horrible than the rest. She doesn't have any remorse after all she's done. HJ dislike the mother-in-law, but they are pretty similar, aren't they? They demand things from others but never look to see if they are the reason things are the way they are. 

With ROY, I lean towards remorse/accountability in judging who is the worst of the bunch as they are all doing shady things.  Hence, HJ wins this for me and WJ might be a close second as I am not yet certain on his "amnesia".  HJ is just unapologetic and everything that she did hurting others are NOT her fault, the blame lays on the other party.  As for WJ, just heartless to just up and leave without a single word, it was like sentencing HW to torture - a slow and painful one.  And then he can just forget?!?? Nope, not enough for me. 

As for HW, she'd have a hard time with her revenge as WJ is still her weakness.  She really need a long and exhausting therapy. 

• Clapping Hands 3
4 hours ago, akikisetsu said:

Just curious...... I thought BLWL was a relatively successful weekend drama, why did he have a hard time? 

@abs-oluteM will probably know more but my understanding is that when he was filming his weekend drama, a series of things happened to him. He was planning on only taking a break for a month, but eventually found himself in a slump and that one month turned into a year. It sounded to me like he went through a period where he was depressed and this project means a lot to him -- allowing him to fall back in love with acting.

I finished episode six and it was another intense one. I'll come back to post my thoughts because I'm a bit drained after watching this. HJ is a pretty shameless person. :niu:

This scene...:laugh:

ROY-08.gif

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2