Reflection of You / Person Who Looks Like You 너를 닮은 사람 [2021]

abs-oluteM

With regards to KJY, he did well in BLWL. He was great as Jun Hwi! But he is a shy person and didn’t hang out with the younger cast get together when filming ended. My guess…he had some relationship issue and went into hibernation mode. Finally snap out of it and got this casting offer and refocused on his acting career. He really lost alot of weight for his role as WJ.

Hopefully can see him in a brighter role next.

• Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.

1 hour ago, akikisetsu said:

I wish I can live in a world where I can do that to a Hermes. lmao

I was also going ~ The bag! The bag!! :shocked2:

There was another drama where the FL left her bag on a concrete step, then it started to rain. I was disliking this character initially, but when she made sure to “rescue” and “shelter” her bag from the rain, she earned from me some brownie points 😆

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

@akikisetsu @TofuActually I don't know what happened to him. For a year after BLWL was over, he went really quiet and perhaps like what @Rinasaid he had r/ship issues. How I knew he was going through  a slump was in an Elle pictorial he did this year where he mentioned about it. I know growing up he had struggled a lot with weight issues etc ( he was overweight & think was bullied  ) and lost weight in military. He had wanted to be a chef but his parents thought he might be better off modelling or something like that. He is very shy/ reserved in whatever BTS I have seen him in . And I just wonder if the role of Jun Hwi affected him since for a weekend drama it was a very heavily themed one (unlike most family weekenders (spoiler)...

Spoiler

where the girl he liked had a suicide pact with his brother. He didn't know and the girl also didn't know when they fell in love. While the girl survived , his brother didn't and this was the overarching plot to the show. 

Very sweet of SHB to be so encouraging 

Edited by abs-oluteM
  • Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Do you all think Woo Jae is faking it ? Sometimes I get this feeling he is given that he will ask or say these provocative things. It would be such a crazy plot twist if he is just pretending. For now I am assuming his subconscious is "awaken", so he tends to says these things that unnerve all the main players in the show. HJ is afraid that if he remembers, he is going to claim paternity for the son.  But yet this woman ( I can't sympathize with her ) has some unresolved feelings - why buy his sculpture if you want to have no links with him. Then there's Hae Won on a path of self-destruction - she wants Woo Jae but she keeps taunting HJ and ensures their paths keep crossing. She wants revenge but she wants a life with Woo Jae. This girl needs help. Then of course there's the husband , HS. Now we know why he is so anxious over Woo Jae's whereabouts since he was the one who caused the accident. Does he know about the affair? I believe he does but he and HJ are both pretending that there wasn't . 

Anyway , I am just so happy to see more of KJY and I understand why he took up this role as there's an interesting layer to his personality. For me, while I think he wronged HW by marrying her while his heart was clearly with Hee Joo and was a coward in that respect, he had really loved Hee Joo. He was true to his feelings at the expense of hurting Hae Won. He escaped to Ireland with Hee Joo when she went there to study. And he had wanted a life with HJ , hoping she would give up her marriage. He said to her that he had thrown everything away but why can't she let go of anything.

What I am curious to know is whether he had told Hae Won that he wanted to break-up before going off to Ireland. That is important because if he had, and Hae Won had still stubbornly hung on , then HW is just adding salt to her own wound. 

Afterwards I will put up a timeline of the events - there are some articles on Naver that clear up things for us.

• Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Timeline from Naver

Hee-ju and Hae-won meet for the first time in a German class

The meeting between Hee-ju and Hae-won, the beginning of all the incidents, took place in a German class. At the time, Hee-ju was married to 'Ahn Hyun-seong' (Choi Won-young), but had sent her young daughter, 'Lisa', to study in the UK under the authority of her in-laws. Hae-won, an art college student who dreams of studying in Germany, was envious of Hee-joo, and at this time Hee-joo meets Woo-jae (Kim Jae-young), Hae-won's fiancée.

Hee-ju and Woo-jae fall in love

Hae-won's fiancée Woo-jae falls for Hee-joo after coming to art class on Hae-won's behalf. Even when taking wedding photos with Haewon, Woojae's attention was focused on Heejoo, and Heejoo hides this from Haewon, but she cannot stop her attraction to Woojae.

Hee-ju and Woo-jae escaped to Ireland and Ho Su was born (Ho Su's name translates to lake)

In the end, Hee-ju escapes with Woo-jae to Ireland under the pretext of studying art. Haewon, who does not know English, is left in Korea without knowing the whereabouts of her fiancé, and while Hee-ju and Woo-jae are having a dreamlike time, their son 'Ho Su' is born.

After a confrontation between Hee-ju and Woo-jae, she takes Ho Su and return home.

After the birth of Ho Su , a conflict erupts between Hee-ju and Woo Jae. Hee Ju wants to return to Korea with the child, and Woo-jae, who opposes it. In the end, Hee-joo drugs and puts Woo-jae to sleep and returns home with Ho-Su after three years of studying abroad. After that, there was no news from Woo-jae, Ho Su became a kindergartener, and her eldest daughter Lisa became a middle school student. During that time, Hee-ju became a successful painter and writer.

Haewon, who was locked in self-blame, finds out the whereabouts of Woojae

After Woo-jae's sudden disappearance, Hae-won loses the will to live, thinking that his disappearance is her fault. Hae-won, who has given up studying abroad, gets a phone call from abroad and Woo-jae tells her that he will come back, saying, "I'm sorry." However, Woo-jae did not come, and Hae-won uses the phone call as a clue to find Woo-jae lying unconscious in Ireland.

Woojae goes into a coma in an accident in Ireland

Left in Ireland, Woo-jae is in a coma for several years after calling Hae-won after an accident. However, Hee-ju's husband, Hyun-seong, was watching Woo-jae, who was unconscious, in Ireland without Hee-joo's knowledge, and in episode 6, it was revealed that he was the one who caused the accident where he hit Woo-jae with a car.

Anxious Hee-ju and persistent Hae-won, what's next?

Hae-won persists around Hee-ju, who stole her precious person. She appears as an art teacher in the middle school where Hee-ju's daughter Lisa attends, and Hee-joo can't hide her anxiety at Hae-won, who is tormenting  her. Meanwhile, Woo-jae, who has lost his memory, but becomes intrigued with Ho Su  , Hee-joo's confusion grows.

Meanwhile, at the beginning of the play, Hee-joo's atelier stained with blood appears, and the scene begins with a scene where she throws something into a reservoir in the middle of the night. The series of events surrounding Hee-ju has not yet been revealed as to whose death it is, adding to the curiosity of those who see it.

Credit: 
http://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202110291457003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv#csidxa5379504017805e8ce0b6019a62f47d

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Do you all think Woo Jae is faking it ?

I don't think so... It's more like his memory is fuzzy, but he's starting to remember and question certain things. 

Does he know about the affair? I believe he does but he and HJ are both pretending that there wasn't . 

I think he does, but I don't think he knows about Ho Su. He looked shocked at HJ's over-protectiveness of Ho Su against WJ. I don't think HJ knows that her husband knows about her affair though. It seems like a pure accident though. I don't think he wanted to cause harm to WJ.

For me, while I think he wronged HW by marrying her while his heart was clearly with Hee Joo and was a coward in that respect, he had really loved Hee Joo. He was true to his feelings at the expense of hurting Hae Won. He escaped to Ireland with Hee Joo when she went there to study. And he had wanted a life with HJ , hoping she would give up her marriage. He said to her that he had thrown everything away but why can't she let go of anything.

I agree that in he truly loved HJ. And this made me become angrier at her for taking him for granted. She trampled on HW's marriage (albeit an empty shell, on paper only) and happiness, yet she has no shame in asking HW not to spend too much time meeting her husband as that makes her uncomfortable. :pandadisgusted: I am very much disgusted at HJ because she always presents herself as a meek person when with certain people, and then she turns around and become a mean person. Such a fake, two-faced hypocrite! Her daughter knows this, I'm sure. Children are usually more perceptive on this kind of thing. 

What I am curious to know is whether he had told Hae Won that he wanted to break-up before going off to Ireland. That is important because if he had, and Hae Won had still stubbornly hung on , then HW is just adding salt to her own wound. 

I doubt he did. I remembered HW saying he just disappeared. Have to wait for more reveal. 

O gosh, I am already anxious about how this drama will wrap up. Somebody will die, the one dumped into the water... but who??

• Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway , I am just so happy to see more of KJY and I understand why he took up this role as there's an interesting layer to his personality. For me, while I think he wronged HW by marrying her while his heart was clearly with Hee Joo and was a coward in that respect, he had really loved Hee Joo. He was true to his feelings at the expense of hurting Hae Won. He escaped to Ireland with Hee Joo when she went there to study. And he had wanted a life with HJ , hoping she would give up her marriage. He said to her that he had thrown everything away but why can't she let go of anything.

WJ:  I'm late aren't I

HW:  For disappearing on me?  Or for not calling for the past four years when you were alive and well?

WJ:  I'll tell you everything once I get there and apologise properly.

HW:  So you want me to wait for you again?

HW:  If I wait for you, will you come?

Just based on this phone call, I am certain that HW really had no idea of WJ and HJ nor of WJ staying in Ireland.   I am thinking either WJ just up and vanished without a word OR he asked for that ever vague "SPACE" without saying anything nor releasing HW.  And it seems the second one might be it just coz the second part of the convo.... "so you want me to wait for you AGAIN?"  And that infuriates me more.    Hope can be paralysing.  Sometimes the most humane act that one can do is to release others from clinging to that glimmer of hope if he knows that he won't reciprocate and she deserves better.  It is on the same vein as HJ's action, but using a softer approach.  Though at the end of the day, it is the same thing - both want it all and unable to let go coz of different motivation, maybe HJ is just greed and selfishness, while WJ is cowardice.  I'm big on closure (tmi :)), hence these particular coward actions pisses me off.

:mad:

P.S. 

Just read your timeline entry.....and WOW!!!!!!!! He just really vanished without a word.  Just heartless!!!!!!!! 

Edited by akikisetsu
add
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Some dates I got from the drama so far:

- 2013/09/19 ~ WJ HW marriage registration 

- 2014/01/18 ~ WJ’s passport date

- 2018/03/16 ~ WJ admitted to Sligo hospital as a John Doe

- 2020/10/08 ~ WJ discharged from Sligo hospital

- 2020/10/16 ~ date on HW’s disciplinary letter by school

- 2020/10/20 ~ current timeline (from printout date of WJHW documents that the investigator handed to HJ)

Since Ho Su is in kindie, he would be around 4-6 yo. So after being abandoned by HJ, WJ called HW and ready to go back to Korea. It’s been 4 years then, and a few more years being unconscious until present time 2020. 

In the beginning of ep.3, when HS was on the phone with someone telling him about WJ being discharged by a Hannah, only then that HS found out WJ’s name. So maybe he didn’t know who WJ is after all. He just felt bad for hitting someone with his car and decided to take care of him because he is a John Doe. HS could be just a kind person who is about to find out devastating secret of his wife. Yeah, I take back my opinion about HS knowing about HJ-WJ affair. Something that didn’t add up though is the guy said WJ’s passport has expired, but his passport expiry date is 2024/01/18.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Insightful 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

I don't think WJ is faking his amnesia either. His memories are slowly coming back but they are fuzzy causing him to think he did things with HW when those were done with HJ. He is still drawn to HJ and find himself wanting to know more about her. When he was taking a photo with HJ during her signing event and ignored HW's phone call, I felt so bad for HW. She loved a man who did not love her back and went through years of blaming herself before she found out.

I think WJ disappeared without a word too. What a cowardly and pathetic way out! They were together for so long and I don't think he respected (or even loved) her enough to tell her before he left. I understand that he was willing to "leave everyone and everything behind" for HJ, but I think you owe it to the other person to let them know. 

I can't believe we still have 10 more episodes left. What's going to happen in those episodes?! :scaredpanda2:

• Clapping Hands 4
2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This drama is based on a best-selling novel. I kinda read the review of the novel, and got spoiled about who HJ killed... :nervous::laugh:

There was an article though saying that they will deviate from the novel's ending.  Not sure which aspect they'll deviate from.

17 hours ago, Tofu said:

I don't think WJ is faking his amnesia either. His memories are slowly coming back but they are fuzzy causing him to think he did things with HW when those were done with HJ. He is still drawn to HJ and find himself wanting to know more about her. When he was taking a photo with HJ during her signing event and ignored HW's phone call, I felt so bad for HW. She loved a man who did not love her back and went through years of blaming herself before she found out.

I think WJ disappeared without a word too. What a cowardly and pathetic way out! They were together for so long and I don't think he respected (or even loved) her enough to tell her before he left. I understand that he was willing to "leave everyone and everything behind" for HJ, but I think you owe it to the other person to let them know. 

I can't believe we still have 10 more episodes left. What's going to happen in those episodes?! :scaredpanda2:

The bar scene with HJ and HW addressed some parts of how HW might have acted if they just told her...... when she said they were the two most precious people to her, and if HJ just told HW about her and WJ, she would have let WJ go to be with her. 

As for WJ not telling HW anything from maybe him falling out of love to the affair, is just a blatant disregard to HW, not even as a fiancee but just someone whom you shared years with.  And at the core of that is also his selfishness, just like HJ.  If he told her at the least that he is alive, then she could have at least save herself the years of trying to find him and the attached self-blame.  If he went further and told her that he is in love with HJ and they are together, then HW could have at least been given the chance to move on.  

Also the husband,  Hyeon-Seong, he seems to really love HJ.  And she's lucky there coz she has a support system.

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
16 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

There was an article though saying that they will deviate from the novel's ending.  Not sure which aspect they'll deviate from.

Since both novel and drama have someone dying in the end, the person killed shouldn't be different though....? That will be quite a major deviation...

Actually, the background story of the two ladies in the drama is already different from the novel. Not too much is said in the review about other things. Quite a short one. It's below in Korean in case any of you interested. But beware, there is that major spoiler about who died.

https://m.blog.naver.com/heeya1980s/162160679

• Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Hmm Hae Won...please get away from them. I feel bad for her that she's gonna lose more of herself in this. 

Looks like in the pre-released she tells the director that they are getting married again & WJ looks shocked. And then when Hee Joo congratulated them, his answer was like why are you congratulating us. It is concerning that HW continues on this path of self-destruction because it is clear here that the revenge is not just for HJ but she's going to torture Woo Jae as well. 

By the way I really appreciate that SHB has taken up this character . I love her very much in Hospital Playlist as Dr Jang, and I am pretty impressed with how she's immersed herself in this role. 

@Rina I like the third theory which was a suspicion I brought up. Deep down , I think WJ is here for his own "revenge" as in he wants his child back & get back at HJ for leaving him high & dry

Spoiler

3. Seo Woo Jae hasn't lost his memories

Medically, there's absolutely no proof of Seo Woo Jae having lost his memories. In brief moments of vulnerability, it is easy to catch a burning passion for revenge in Seo Woo Jae's eyes, especially with his estranged lover taking his son away from him. It is very possible that both Hae Won and Woo Jae are going in different directions but towards the same destination. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

If you love KJY like me, his agency released some nice pictorials.

In this article he lost 30kgs (from 106kg ) before he debut as a model. He says extreme dieting habit is still there. Hmmm this is not healthy though.

He talks about his slump here 

Spoiler

Kim Jae-young has been selected as a new cover model for 2535 Life Commentary Magazine Your Vibe, and released a pictorial that explodes with fatal charm.

Actor Kim Jae-young, who is playing the role of free-spirited artist Seo Woo-jae in JTBC's 'People Like You', decorated the new cover of Your Vibe, a style platform founded by the Hankook Ilbo. 

Kim Jae-young, through a pictorial with Your Vibe, intensely captures a portrait of youth that is in danger and shakes in danger, and overwhelms the eyes by showing a more attractive masculine beauty because it is incomplete.

▲Kim Jae-young (Photo courtesy of Your Vibe)
In an interview, Kim Jae-young introduced his role in 'People Like You' as "a role that creates problems between Go Hyun-jung and Shin Hyun-bin, a person who causes two women to stir up a vortex." At the same time, he said, “I was greatly drawn to the fact that the script expresses instinctive love. It was a challenge,” he said.

After losing 30kg, he also shared the behind-the-scenes story of his debut in the modeling world. “When I was 106 kg, my father recommended me to be a model. Jae-young Kim said, “I started my career as an actor without much trouble after losing weight and learned acting because I was interested."

I think the extreme diet habit is still there,” he laughed.

629638_628668_2912.jpg

Finally, Jaeyoung Kim confessed, "After finishing my previous work, I lost my confidence in acting and went through a slump." “I feel like I’ve been getting smaller lately, so I think I can do a really good role here."

Your Vibe said, "Jaeyoung Kim took the lead in the shooting with his model-like free poses and concentrated expression, and completed the concept she wanted to express with perfect visuals." will,” he said.

1635776321872485.jpg

출처 : 내외뉴스통신(http://www.nbnnews.co.kr)

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Why is Hae Won doing this? She's so far gone that she's just going to hurt herself more & more. 

She thinks that Woo Jae is a blank canvas that she can draw on again but can't she sense that there's this reservation in him?

And goodness...Woo Jae seems to still have feelings for Hee Joo...rolls my eyes. (though this is such a beautiful angle of KJY's cheekbones :lmao2:)

3ddabc5a-092f-4018-89e3-e4a2b82372fd.jpg

14bd44d1-73ec-4095-93ac-ce64f3186782.jpg

This was pretty hot though :brb:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1

Oh my so they are going ahead with the wedding but think he won't be able to go through with it and she tries to kill herself...

Written preview

Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin) asks Woo-jae (Kim Jae-young), who has left her, where he has gone, but Woo-jae does not readily answer. Hae-won, who is in a hurry to prepare for her marriage to Woo-jae, goes to Hee-joo (Go Hyun-jeong) and gives her an invitation… On the other hand, Hee-joo is in a big shock when she sees Lisa (Kim Su-an)'s bag that disappeared during the contest.

• Like 2