Reflection of You / Person Who Looks Like You 너를 닮은 사람 [2021]

abs-oluteM

I was pretty excited when Shin Hyun Been got casted alongside an established actress like Ko Hyung Jung. SHB has been getting a lot of attention ever since Hospital Playlist, and so it was nice to see her being offered this lead role. From what I understand the drama will have the women front & center in its plot. But my excitement definitely increased 10 fold when handsome Kim Jae Young was casted as the male lead. How interesting that this will be his second female-centric drama after Secret Boutique. 

E-zW2xbVgAUZ-X6?format=jpg&name=900x900

Synopsis here by AsianWiki: 

Hee-Joo (Ko Hyun Jung) had a poor and fierce time during her youthful days. She is now a successful painter and essayist. Her husband is the successor of a hospital and they have two children. Her family life seems enviable, but Hee-Joo feels like she spends her time meaninglessly. At that time, Hee-Joo meets a woman. The woman is poor, just like Hee-Joo in her younger days, but she still shines.

109589053.1.jpg

Oh my...do I smell affair, betrayal and revenge? For the record, this writer wrote Just Between Lovers ( Rain or Shine ) which was quite a hit then. I read it was a good melodrama , so I hope she does her magic here as well. 

Director: Im Hyun Wook
Writer: Yoo Bo Ra
Network: JTBC
Episodes: 16
Release Date: 13 Oct 2021 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Cast

Main

Ko Hyung Jung - Jung Hee-Joo
Shin Hyun Been - Koo Hae-Won
Kim Jae Young - Seo Woo-Jae
Choi Won Young - Ahn Hyun Sung ( Hee Joo's husband)

Jung Hee-Joo's Group

FBlTC9rUYAErK5D?format=jpg&name=900x900

Kim Bo Yeon - Park Young Sun
Shin Dong Wook - Jung Sun Woo ( Hee Soo's brother)
Jang Hye Jin - Ahn Min Seo
Hong Seong Jun- Lee Hyung Ki
Kim Soo Ahn - Ahn Ri Sa ( Hee Joo's daughter)
Kim Dong Ha - Ahn Ho Soo ( Hee Joo's son)

Park Sung Yeon - Lee Dong Mi

Hae Won's group 

FBlTC9pUYAcxORA?format=jpg&name=900x900

Lee Ho Jae - Koo Gwang Mo

Seo Jung Yeon - Koo Jeong Yeon

Kim Sang Ho - Yoon Sang Ho

Shin Hye Ji - Lee Joo Young

Seo Jin Won - Lee Il Sung

Others:

Kim Ho Jung  -  Lee Jung Eun
Han Jae Yi- Yoon Jung
Kang Ae Shim - Ok Soo

Oh Min Jung - helper

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

SHB's confirmation article @Jane

Spoiler

EnunngPUwAEDOtJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Article auto-translated from: https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202011261018035864

202011261018035864_d.jpg

Shin plays Hae-won, an art teacher who lost her light of life due to the fateful encounter of the most brilliant days. A person who is confident and upright enough to make even poverty look like a shining ornament. Hae-won finds herself festering over time after the meeting with Hee-joo, who left a big scratch on the past day, and begins to solve her misplaced fate on herself.

Shin Hyun-bin has shown great performances across the the different projects. Hae-won's strong presence that Shin Hyun-bin will create is adding to expectations as she has proven her stable acting skills and high popularity by introducing customized characters regardless of genre and area.

The production team said, "We will see a new side of actor Shin Hyun-bin through 'Person who looks like you'." "We are also looking forward to working with actor Go Hyun-jung, who will play Hee Joo whose life changes completely after meeting Hae Won "

"People Like You" was written by writer Yoo Bo-ra, who was recognized for her delicate and powerful handwriting through JTBC's "Just Between Lovers " KBS' "Secret," and producer Lim Hyun-wook of JTBC's "Knowing Man," who won the gold medal in the special drama category at the 51st Houston International Film Festival in 2018.

• Heart Eyes 1

Handsome's confirmation :Party02:

Source

2020120201000052500000311.jpg

Kim Jae Young confirmed his appearance in the new drama A Person Similar To You (literal title).

JTBC’s A Person Similar To You, scheduled to premiere next year, tells the story of a woman who was faithful to her desires and another woman who lost the light of her life after meeting her. Earlier, Shin Hyun Bin and Go Hyun Jung have been cast to take the lead roles.

Kim Jae Young plays sculptor Seo Woo Jae. He followed in the footsteps of his father, who was a genius sculptor, and became a sculptor, but his handsome appearance is always a bigger topic than his sculptures. He is always anxious because he thinks he doesn’t have the same talent as his father and is a lonely character who lives as a free soul to hide his anxiety. (In some Korean articles it was mentioned that he tends to stimulate maternal love in women ) 

Kim Jae Young showed solid performances in various projects, including My Secret Romance, 100 Days My Prince, Eun Joo’s Room and Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life.

The production team said, “Please look forward to seeing a new side of Kim Jae Young, who mostly played polite and kind characters, playing a free-spirited artist Seo Woo Jae.”

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Casting news

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202102051116530310

Kim_Sang-Ho-BIFF2014.jpg

Kim Sang-ho plays Yoon Sang-ho in one of the most anticipated films of 2021. Yoon Sang-ho looks sloppy, but he sometimes shines a fierce look. Kim Sang-ho will run a bar in the play and play an active role by drawing colorful stories in relationships with various characters.

oh noooo @Jane  The story is very tragic :pandawhat:

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Choi Won Young casting confirmation. He will play Go Hyun Jung's husband

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210518/107004752/1

Choi Won-young takes on the role of Ahn Hyeon-seong, the husband of Jeong Hee-joo (Go Hyeon-jeong) and the president of the hospital and middle school of the Taerim Foundation in 'People Like You'. Ahn Hyeon-seong, who is faithful to his family has not only wealth and power, but is also a friendly personality, is portrayed as an ideal character with everything. He looks perfect, but once you get to know him, he is a person with a secret story.

107004742.1.jpg

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear more and more about this drama. I liked Just Between Lovers so I'm anticipating a good melodrama. :laugh:

@abs-oluteM -- Remind me again when airing is confirmed. Sometimes I get lost in Chinese dramaland and forget to check in on Korean dramas. Haha!! 

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@stroppyse @Mizv I am just guessing it will be a tragic. But who knows? Maybe one of those healing melodramas.  He didn't take up any new projects after Beautiful Love Wonderful Life. I have missed him so much, I will watch this for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@stroppyse @Mizv I am just guessing it will be a tragic. But who knows? Maybe one of those healing melodramas.  He didn't take up any new projects after Beautiful Love Wonderful Life. I have missed him so much, I will watch this for sure. 

Agreed. It's been way too long since Kim Jae Young was on screen. Still, I prefer not to cry if I can help it... :cry:  So, I guess I'll be waiting for this drama cautiously? I'm sure it will have some sad scenes in it, for sure. It's just a matter of whether the ending is also sad, or whether it becomes redemptive and healing.

• Like 2