Reflections on 2020 - Dramas, Dramas, Dramas

stroppyse

Wow, Thanks Everyone for sharing your lists!!! I feel like I actually watched way less than everyone when I look at these incredibly long lists....Hahaha, definitely feeling intimidated by @LaLa, @stroppyse@Tofu  and @abs-oluteM's lists! I don't think I watched half as much as you all...

I too worked from home pretty much the whole year since Feb or something...so I'm not sure why my list is so tiny in comparison :laugh:But then again, I don't tend to watch TV till the sun goes down and I tend to have a few deep favourites which I end up translating/ subbing all the BTS videos to...so I'm sure that eats into viewing times! l was talking about this with @Jane awhile ago...but covid has definitely made us watch a lot more series than usual!

Anyway, this is what I saw this year. Not all dramas were made in 2020 as I always have things to catch up on

Korean Dramas (Currently Watching) :BulbaOWO:

1. True Beauty - A fun and very comedy-focused adaptation of the webtoon of the same name. It's a light watch and I'm basically here for the pretty actors and to see how it compares to the webtoon. 

2. The Uncanny Counter - My new addiction. This drama hits allllll the right notes. It's action packed, has on-point-humour, has a fun comicbook/webtoon feel, has great pacing and character development and drops twists that have you asking for more. 

Taiwanese Dramas (Currently Watching) :CharmanderYay:

1. The Devil Punisher- Also a light watch. I like both the main actors and find the supporting characters to be likeable. It's not scary for an episodic ghost drama, but it's more sad and reflective, which I like. It's also not as cheesy as far as Taiwanese dramas go, which helps.

Korean Dramas (Listed in the order I Completed them) :heart:

1. My First First Love - Jisoo's first lead role, but damn it took a long time for them to get together! A great slice of life roommate drama that showed that sometimes life takes you on some twists and turns before you find something right in front of you!

2. Abyss - I loved PBY and AHS, but damn this was terrible mess, though the chemistry and confusing murders kept me going.

3. Crash Landing on You - Like a lot of people, I loved it. It was exciting and beautiful and had all the pulls of a big budget drama. I was really drawn by not only the romance, but the portrayal of the North Korean villagers.

4. It's Ok to Not be OK - I enjoyed KSH's return to the drama world and it was fun and focused on importance of mental health, as well as family issues. Nobody kill me when I say this though, if I'm honest, I enjoyed it, but didn't love it possibly due to its heaviness.

5. Extraordinary you - This was a big surprise for me since I wasn't sure if I'd like it at first glance and I was super late coming into it. But it was a super fun and cute high school romance and I loved the whole cast a lot. Also oddly philosophical for a webtoon adaptation, which I liked.

6. Kingdom s1 - High on my favourites list due to the series being super exciting, having great pacing and writing and fell into the zombie genre, which is just a matter of personal taste since I love zombie films/drama...And this was a zombie drama set in the Joseon era, which was different. It was a good palate cleanser for all the romances I had just watched.

7. Kingdom s2 - Really loved the continuation of the series, as it got more exciting and the finale was really great. The Queen and her father remain one of my favourite most evil villains I've seen in Kdramas.

8. Do You Like Brahms? - Musical drama #1 for the year: A poignant, slice of life drama about finding yourself when you aren't necessarily good at the thing you love doing. At times full of angst, but I found it refreshing and realistic, and balanced out by the very sweet romance line.

9. Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol -  Musical drama #2 for the year: A super cute, heart-warming drama which had the best chemistry between leads and a very beautiful community that cheered you up. It also had one of the most difficult final arcs I've ever had to process, but I guess it says something about the drama if I still love it a lot?

10. Start Up - I found the story to be interesting and the characters well-rounded and developed. I admit to loving HJP, though I initially came for the actor NJH. The family stories in this drama were so heart-felt. Unfortunately, the shipping wars took away from the experience, so while I liked the story, I was relieved when it finished!

11. 18 Again - This drama was sweet in that it looked at the importance of family and love and had many lovely parallel stories which all felt meaningful. Although it had a fairly predictable direction in how the story would end, it was still lovely to follow along the character's journeys.

Taiwanese Dramas & Variety (Listed in the order I Completed them) :MewWave:

1.Triad Princess - The name is a bit meh, but I enjoyed the characters in this drama as it was about the daughter of a triad boss. It was silly and fun and it redeemed Eugenia Liu for me, since I really disliked her in her past drama. Heh, also Jasper Liu. But they haven't released the second half of the drama and it seems unfinished?

2. The Ghost Bride - I'm not sure why I watched this. This was one of the most well-put together horrible messes I've seen in my life. Like visually, it looked so beautiful probably due to the Netflix budget supporting it. Chris Wu was in it and he's a seasoned actor. The story started strong...and then it turned into a bad, bad teen novel adaptation and become super cheesy. The acting was horrible. And I only finished it because it was set in Malaysia, so I felt I had to support it.

3. Lost Romance - This drama was a mixed bag, but also gave me the biggest SLS for the year (which was probably why I was ok when I watched Start Up!) Except for the second lead, I found a lot of the characters to be irritating...but the story was interesting with its mysteries until the story world ended. With that said, a lot of the dramas I watched this year stemmed from this drama (Someday or One Day, Extraordinary You etc.) so I'm glad I watched this?

4. Someday or One Day -  The best Taiwanese drama I've seen since I started watching them. The story is unusual but intriguing and the acting, chemistry, music, setting, drama-pacing and script-writing were all good. I talk about this series too much already.

5. The Victim's Game - Suspenseful and interesting crime story with strong acting from Joseph Chang and Tiffany Hsu. It was dark and harrowing at times, but also an original story idea which made for an addictive watch.

6. Yong Jiu Grocery Store - A very heart-warming village drama and possibly the shortest drama I've seen this year at just 10 episodes. The different story lines were a bittersweet and beautiful reflection about life, love and importance of community.

7. Twogether (Variety) - Jasper Liu and Lee Seung Gi were so much fun together. I liked the travel, I liked bromance and I laughed so much at their competitiveness and playfulness.

Things I dropped: :GengarPout:

1. More Than Friends (Korean) - Characters irritated me and I knew I would dislike everything about them by episode 2

2. Falling into You (Taiwanese) - The story was disgustingly cheesy from the first episode and reminded me of the early 2000's dramas that I couldn't stand unfortunately. It's a shame because I really liked Puff Kuo, but was disappointed she picked this project.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Okay, so this is my list... I will try to organise them again later when I have time. For now, it's just a rough list, and it also includes those started late 2019, but still airing into 2020 (applicable for kdramas only)

You guys know which ones are still airing now, so I won't put any remark. The one with a star (*) means I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The one with a question mark (?) means either been put on hold, or dropped. 

I think I probably watched more in 2019 though... I definitely dropped more this year, picking up this skill (habit?) from @SilverMoonTea :laugh: which is why this list looks long (disclaimer)

Spoiler

KDRAMA:

The Uncanny Counter *

Run On

Kairos *

Secret Man

Day and Night

If You Cheat, You Die

The Spies Who Loved Me *

Start Up *

Do You Like Brahms

Backstreet Rookie

Hospital Playlist *

Stranger 2

Itaewon Class ?

Tale of the Nine-Tailed ?

Do Do Sol Sol ?

The Zombie Detective

Memorist ?

18 Again *

Flower of Evil

Missing: The Other Side *

The World of the Married ?

Lies of Lies *

Vagabond ?

Crash Landing on You

Hyena ?

It’s Okay Not To Be Okay

Chocolate *

Train *

Nobody Knows *

My Unfamiliar Family

Dinner Mate

Forest

Tell Me What You Saw

Oh My Baby

When My Love Blooms *

I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice

The King: Eternal Monarch

Find Me in Your Memory

365: Repeat the Year *

My Holo Love

Hi Bye, Mama

Rugal ?

Wanna Taste

Meow, The Secret Boy ?

Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful *

The Cursed ?

Psychopath Diary

Woman of 9.9 Billion

The Game: Towards Midnight ?

TW-DRAMA

Someday or One Day *

The Victims' Game

U Mother-Baker

C-DRAMA

Go Ahead *

Love and Destiny ?

Under the Power ?

J-DRAMA

Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Doko made mo

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The one with a question mark (?) means either been put on hold, or dropped. 

I think I probably watched more in 2019 though... I definitely dropped more this year, picking up this skill (habit?) from @SilverMoonTea 

Hahaha, this is another long list (with a number dropped)! Maybe this is why my list is short too... I watched almost all of mine to finish including things like Abyss and The Ghost Bride which were train wrecks that I somehow continued to let myself get hit by till the very end even though they were bad (But like addictive bad) :idk:

I loved that you cited @SilverMoonTea as your influence in your new habit of dropping dramas :laugh:

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, this is another long list (with a number dropped)! Maybe this is why my list is short too... I watched almost all of mine to finish including things like Abyss and The Ghost Bride which were train wrecks that I somehow continued to let myself get hit by till the very end even though they were bad (But like addictive bad) 

I loved that you cited @SilverMoonTea as your influence in your new habit of dropping dramas 

I used to be like you. Persisting till the end even though the story may not make sense. I dropped Abyss too, despite liking both leads. The first part was great but mid-way it just keeps getting ridiculous with unclear rules and I dropped. Cute PBY can’t even make me stay. 

I have wanted to watch The Ghost Bride so much, especially because it is set in Malacca, but reading your review, I think I will not bother then. 

I learned that dropping dramas is a needed skill so that we don’t miss other great dramas out there because of a few bad dramas hogging our precious limited time 😉 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I used to be like you. Persisting till the end even though the story may not make sense. I dropped Abyss too, despite liking both leads. The first part was great but mid-way it just keeps getting ridiculous with unclear rules and I dropped. Cute PBY can’t even make me stay. 

Hahaha, oh, I actually do drop dramas...But I think I was sucked in by PBY for Abyss :laugh: 

I just really like her and I liked AHS...and there were so many murders (like it was suspenseful) that I felt like it might get better....but it did not get better :KittyGun: By then I just had it in the background while cleaning :smile:

I have wanted to watch The Ghost Bride so much, especially because it is set in Malacca, but reading your review, I think I will not bother then. 

It's visually stunning, and it was nice to see something set in Malaysia for a change! But that's probably all you'd get out of it. Oh, I also got a good laugh from Ludi Lin's eyebrows. There were memes about this. Some people might like it, but I think if you drop dramas easily, this is definitely one for the drop pile! :idk:

I learned that dropping dramas is a needed skill so that we don’t miss other great dramas out there because of a few bad dramas hogging our precious limited time  

This is very true! I think I tend to continue with some bad dramas because there's still something I'm hanging onto inside the series (normally an actor I really like)...and also there's nothing else I'm interested in at the time. But other times, I've got so many dramas to catch and the drama is so irritating (More than Friends) or so badly put together (Falling into You) that I can't get past 1-2 episodes and I can't drop it quick enough!! :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I love the idea of this thread! WOW reading through what everyone has shared so far, we have watched a lot as a community! Here's what I have watched (in chronological order) this year and to give it a different spin, the memories and friendship I attach to them!

DRAMAS

1) Hospital Playlist

The one that started it all. I came to HP while watching Coffee Friends and googling YYS, saw he had this on-going drama and since it was on Netflix, it was an easy click to start. I was instantly enthralled by it and very quickly binged the available 7 episodes. During the weekly wait, I stumbled upon Forum S and reading the posts about the drama became a daily activity. Discovering the Wintergarden Detectve Agency was even better and where I finally plucked up the courage to start posting. Names like @abs-oluteM@40somethingahjummawere like forum superstars to me so if I saw that they tagged or quoted me, it was like WOW! :pandawizard: Later, the HP re-watch club also introduced me to more people like @LaLa @im0202 @Phikyl @stroppyse

2) Chocolate

At one point, I started noticing this Hot Thread. I was curious, what is a thread on math doing in a drama forum. So I started reading the posts and soon realised it was a hang-out thread. It seemed like a fun place so I again plucked up my courage and started posting and interacting with new people. One of the new friends there was @SilverMoonTeawho sold me Chocolate as I was looking for a new drama to follow HP. This was an easy, breezy watch as I continued indulging in post-HP feels. Ha Ji Won and Yoon Kye Sang are so gorgeous to look at together, and together with the delicious food and pretty scenery, it was overall a pretty, homey drama.

3) When The Camellias Bloom

I started this in 2019, but had it on pause for a long time because it got draggy towards the end. Later I learned the drama was extended which explained the difference in pace towards the end. Kang Haneul and Gong Hyojin was an unexpected pairing for me but surprisingly they worked really well and I enjoyed this drama.

4) My Goddess (TW):

After the spate of Korean content I was watching, I wanted a change in language so I took up this Jasper Liu and Annie Chen drama upon @JenL's endorsement as we started to interact in the Twogether thread! It's a fairly typical city boy x country girl romance but the charm is in getting to know the eclectic villagers who surround our main OTP. 

5) It's Okay Not To Be Okay

One of those dramas that I feel every K-drama fan should watch because of how well it explored the main characters, the theme of mental health, the use of fairy tales to underline each episode and that undercurrent of suspense for its main mystery. Not to mention the humour, the fashion and the romance!

6) Was It Love?

Do not waste your time watching this unless you want to be irritated and annoyed at the execution of this drama! I think @mademoiselle @Mouse @UnniSara and I spent more time complaining about it on Discord by the end. Haha, but you know what they say, when you have a common dislike to complain about, it builds better relationships.

7) Do You Like Brahms?

The first drama that I live-watched from start to end and posted pretty much weekly in the drama thread. Brahms was a wonderful and satisfying drama in how it explored two people falling in love and how they grew together as a couple and individuals, as they handled the pressures and stress of their lives. The writing was poignant and thoughtful. I enjoyed it from start to finish and would recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic yet emotionally mature watch.

8) Record of Youth

I never knew how good Park Bo Gum was until I watched this drama. I had just sort of dismissed him as a pretty face who was really lucky in breaking through. But after ROY, I won't be making that mistake again and will look out for his projects. Park So Dam suited her role so well in being able to deliver the witty repartee between the characters but I was disappointed with how little meat she got towards the end to work with it. Still I enjoyed this drama especially the stress that celebrities and their families have to go through — that was really the shining light for me of this drama.

9) Start-Up

Can anyone discuss SU without Kim Seon Ho? I don't think so. This was truly the break out role of the year. I daresay HJP was one of the best characters to come out in k-dramaland this year? I think SU had a good story, with an interesting twist of it being in the start-up world. I also enjoyed the strong emotional core in Dal Mi's family, Do San's friends and his family.

10) More Than Friends

This took me forever to finish because life got in the way. But I suppose it also wasn't compelling enough to make me WANT to finish it. At the end of it, it got pretty boring and predictable. It's beautiful though, lovely locations (Jeju), pretty sets and a very gorgeous cast.

Varieties

1) Coffee Friends

If you want to watch YYS and SHJ cook and make coffee, this is it! Then there are also their all-star assistants like Choi Jiwoo and Yang Sejong, as well as part timers like Nam Joohyuk, Yunho and Kang Daniel. 

2) Twogether

Watched and talked about this episode by episode with @JenL! LSG and Jasper are such a fun bro-duo and I can't wait for them to make a Season 2 in the future. 

3) Summer Vacation

Who wouldn't want to be paid to relax in a house in a village by the sea? So jealous of Jung Yumi and Choi Wooshik who got to do this as part of a television show. It was funny watching cooking noob Wooshik try to cook and bake, Yumi surfing and cycling around and their friends coming to visit.

4) Three Meals A Day: Fishing Village 5

I love 3MAD Fishing Village versions so I started this recently. It was my first 3MAD without Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Kyungsang so I was interested to watch a new cast. The dynamics between Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-Jin is hilarious! I think this cast was much funnier since they rift off each other as same-aged friends than the other cast. SHJ's laughter also continues to ring in my ear even after the show is over because it is so distinctive.

Can you tell I like my varieties low-key and full of yummy food? Haha!

Honestly, I don't know if I will be able to watch as many dramas as I did this year in 2021. It's back to the office come January so it will be harder to watch on lunch hours or having to take the time to commute. :letalQQ:

Edited by Jane
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 4

23 minutes ago, Jane said:

It's a fairly typical city boy x country girl romance but the charm is in getting to know the eclectic villagers who surround our main OTP. 

Yep, It's always the villagers who bring the charm :heart: Glad you watched it! :) Hahaha, doing my part to promote Jasper

26 minutes ago, Jane said:

The first drama that I live-watched from start to end and posted pretty much weekly in the drama thread. Brahms was a wonderful and satisfying drama in how it explored two people falling in love and how they grew together as a couple and individuals, as they handled the pressures and stress of their lives. The writing was poignant and thoughtful. I enjoyed it from start to finish and would recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic yet emotionally mature watch.

Your write ups were always so charming to read and I'm glad we got to watch this together. It had a very sweet pairing and a nice ending which was a relief since I think we were wondering if it would go towards an open ending. But you're right - it was a lovely series from start to finish! :wow:

35 minutes ago, Jane said:

2) Twogether

Watched and talked about this episode by episode with @JenL! LSG and Jasper are such a fun bro-duo and I can't wait for them to make a Season 2 in the future. 

Those were good times and it was so fun to analyse LSG and Jasper's moves weekly to keep our minds off covid! And we were the slowest ones to finish....but we had very detailed write ups of each episode :laugh: I hope they really do make season 2 in the future!

37 minutes ago, Jane said:

Can you tell I like my varieties low-key and full of yummy food? Haha!

Honestly, I don't know if I will be able to watch as many dramas as I did this year in 2021. It's back to the office come January so it will be harder to watch on lunch hours or having to take the time to commute. 

I really like your variety list! I feel like I have similar taste - I just want to see travel and food when it comes to more reality TV type shows :) Actually your whole list was fun to read and it's good to know which dramas were fun to watch. 

Yep, I think if there are no lock downs, I'll be back to the office next year too and it'll be back to squeezing in dramas every now and then instead of the daily watch routine! :letalQQ: Though maybe it's a bit healthier to have more of a balance too :laugh: 

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Yep, It's always the villagers who bring the charm. Glad you watched it! :) Hahaha, doing my part to promote Jasper

Consider him promoted! I hope to give Triad Princess a go before the year ends, maybe it will be my 11th drama on the list.

4 hours ago, JenL said:

I really like your variety list! I feel like I have similar taste - I just want to see travel and food when it comes to more reality TV type shows

I am eyeing Youn's Stay next, watch with me! But I doubt it will be as exciting as watching Jasper and SG compete and race across SEA. I do like the reality TV shows sometimes, like I watched every Terrace House season until the latest one which I couldn't finish because of what happened at the end.

I just went through everyone's post again and I think I have the shortest at 10. But considering I watched a grand total of 1 (Secretary Kim) last year, it's like a VAST IMPROVEMENT. Hahahah!

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Jane said:

The one that started it all. I came to HP while watching Coffee Friends and googling YYS, saw he had this on-going drama and since it was on Netflix, it was an easy click to start. I was instantly enthralled by it and very quickly binged the available 7 episodes. During the weekly wait, I stumbled upon Forum S and reading the posts about the drama became a daily activity. Discovering the Wintergarden Detectve Agency was even better and where I finally plucked up the courage to start posting. Names like @abs-oluteM@40somethingahjummawere like forum superstars to me so if I saw that they tagged or quoted me, it was like WOW! :pandawizard: Later, the HP re-watch club also introduced me to more people like @LaLa @im0202 @Phikyl @stroppyse

No superstar la.....just good at fangirling & oppa ogling!  I was glad through HP & WG we met & you came on board.

@JenL when I see your list , I realise I have not watched a T-drama in ages. I last watched one In Time With You ( with Chen Bolin and Ariel Lin) a few years back when someone recommended. Someday or One Day looks interesting from a long trailer that I just saw on YT.

--------------------------

This has been quite a year for most of us because of Covid. I believe many of us have watched more dramas than we would have given a "normal" year.  I definitely watched more c dramas for one. I also like that many of the dramas have written stronger,  more intelligent,  more relatable and less annoying female leads . I relooked at my list , and I do see dramas trying to break the usual formulas

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@Jane and @JenL - I didn't add variety shows to mine but I loved Twogether! Their partnership is one of the best. I really hope that they do a season two in the near future. I actually gifted some people silky pajamas for Christmas because of Jasper. Haha! I remembered I watched the entire season in three days and I think both of you took like three months. :laugh:

Triad Princess is a nice watch, I think you'll enjoy it. :smile:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was glad through HP & WG we met & you came on board.

Me too! :heart:

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

I actually gifted some people silky pajamas for Christmas because of Jasper. Haha! I remembered I watched the entire season in three days and I think both of you took like three months. 

Triad Princess is a nice watch, I think you'll enjoy it. 

Ohmygosh, Jasper is the real influencer here! Hahah! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Uhm, I've never known anyone who watches so much TV! :lol:

But then again

If a person watches 1 episode a day

A k-drama usually has 2 episodes a week

So that makes about 3 dramas a week

Each drama lasts 8 weeks (16 episodes) = 2 months

In 1 year, you would have watched 18 dramas.

Sounds so reasonable if you count it this way LOL!

But for those who watched more than twice this number, you're not normal! LOL.

Will be back with my list later.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Party! 1
On 12/25/2020 at 12:27 AM, Jane said:

I think they watch with the FF button or even the 2x button.

Haha, I always watch with 2x speed button when it’s a non-dialogue scenes, you know when people staring wistfully into the sky or a distance, when someone is running after/away from someone, when fists and kicks fly in the air... But there are dramas that I don’t use the 2x at all, and then there are dramas where I rewatch scenes multiple times eg.HP. 

On 12/24/2020 at 12:29 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Someday or One Day looks interesting from a long trailer that I just saw on YT.

Someday One Day is a must watch. You will not regret watching it. One of the best time-slip dramas out there. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

52 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Someday One Day is a must watch. You will not regret watching it. One of the best time-slip dramas out there. 

I think I just have a problem with time slip dramas. I can't get my mind to let go of the paradoxes inherent in time slips to be able to just enjoy the story as a piece of fantasy. This is true even with a well written drama, but if the drama is flawed in any ways, then I really am not paying attention because I notice all the flaws and paradoxes which the drama doesn't address. I know it's kind of lame, but there it is.

I actually prefer alternate world dramas which have similar issues, but I think of them as pure fantasy, so I can watch them as long as the drama itself doesn't belabor their inconsistencies. It's why I loved the first half of "W" so much, but then became very disappointed in the final third of the drama.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think I just have a problem with time slip dramas. I can't get my mind to let go of the paradoxes inherent in time slips to be able to just enjoy the story as a piece of fantasy.

It’s my favorite genre actually. If I see time-slip I will most probably check it out. There are still a couple old time-slip kdramas out there though that I have not gotten the chance to watch yet. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Since I really started watching k-dramas only this year, I will list all the dramas watched in 2020 instead of only those released in 2020 (otherwise there are very few). Most of it is binged during the weekend.

Spoiler

Currently Watching

Hush (may drop)

Mr Queen

Flower of Evil

A+ (love and can re-watch)

Crash Landing On You - made me change my opinion of k-drama

Memories of The Alhambra - made me love Hyun Bin

My Name is Kim Sam Soon

Secret Garden

Stranger

Kingdom 1 & 2

Master In The House (variety, finished 2018 and mid-way 2019)

A

Sweet Home

Stranger 2

Kairos

Life

The World of the Married

The Good Detective

Signal

Queen's Gambit

Star Trek: Picard

Criminal UK

B

Hyena

Nobody Knows

Tell Me What You Saw

Start Up

The King Eternal Monarch

Tunnel

Goblin (fast-forwarded)

Bridgerton

Enola Holmes

C

Hyde Jekyll Me

My Love from the Star (skipped a few episodes to watch the ending)

Dropped (usually after 2 or 3 episodes)

Snow Queen (dropped after 12 episodes, it was so miserable watching HB be miserable)

Worlds Within

Ireland

Coffee Prince

Descendants of the Sun

Legend of the Blue Sea

When the Camellia Blooms

Train

Mystic Pop Up Bar (may go back when I have time)

My Dangerous Wife

Dinner Mate

Dating in the Kitchen

Healer

While You Were Sleeping (may go back when I have time)

Line Walker 3

Legal Mavericks 2020

Awaken

The Uncanny Counter

Oh dear, the list is longer than I thought...

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 2

Complete 2020 with a Smile with Hikaru no Go! - MyDramaList

Dramas I was happy I watched until the end

Flower of Evil - the drama i put my bet on because of my two faves- Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won. Thank you Kdrama Gods for gracing me with a satisfying drama for this couple.

Qi Hun/Hikaru No Go- C-drama on the rise ! Yep, did not expect that a chess game theme drama would make me bawl.

Love Lasts Forever- Takeru Sato.:Sin:

Six Flying Dragons- better late than never. Please don't judge me why I watch only now.

Search WWW-screams GL upfront but actually not ? 

Crash Landing On You-

Spoiler

1) Hyun Bin

2) Hyun Bin

3) Hyun Bin.

A Piece of Your Mind- a quiet but healing drama. I just like slow burn romance. 

Hospital Playlist - Thank goodness there is no guess who is the husband is plot in here :yee: for another season!

Romantic Drama Teacher Kim 2 - Please do another season !

Hot Stove League - please do another season !

Hyena-the kisses:pandarage2:

Kingdom 2- the zombies :pandarage2:

Dramas I was excited but disappointed  in the end or dropped at the middle of the show. I actually have a bunch of first episode dramas then never cared to continue to watch. 

Alice- Joo Won, please next time don't let us know you read 50 scripts before taking up another drama. :KittyMallet:

Record of Youth- Park Bogum please comeback ASAP.

Awaken- Namgoongmin-shi...wake me up when the show ends.

Dating in the KItchen-I read spoilers, I read the FL's disappointed post. I was gullible--

Homemade Lovestory--I don't have much time to catch up ..

spacer.png

Currently Enjoying

Alice in Borderland-hardcore gore :1000:

Mr.Queen-Bonghwanaaa!

True Beauty- Team Suho :duckyes:

Dear Missy-a not so Gossip Girl adaptation but I like it :OOF:

Rewatched

Nirvana in Fire 1 and 2

Goodluck (J-Dorama)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

20 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I started watching this with my best friend. I agreed that it's good! :smile:

I am like this right now when I read this. You're the second person I know who watched this aside from my sister !

Screaming Inside GIFs | Tenor

On 12/19/2020 at 1:23 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Oooooo @40somethingahjumma I thought I watch a lot ...but your list is :pandawhat:

Spoiler

But thanks to you we also have some really wonderful posts and reviews on the forums

Dramas I finished & enjoyed ( no particular order)

1. 365 Repeat The Year (oppa!!!!)

2. Hospital Playlist (I became a Winter Garden stan :D)

3. Hyena ( fiery chemistry between the leads)

4.. The Spies who Loved Me ( good balance of action & romance, )

5. Hi Bye Mama ( cry fest , touched me every episode)

6. Good Detective ( more crime dramas should be like this)

7. Tale of Gumiho ( lee dong wook & kim bum!)

6. Oh My Baby ( love that Go Joon got his 1st lead rom-com role, plus Jang Nara)

8. When My Love Blooms ( loved Yoo Ji Tae & Lee Bo Young in this )

9.  My Unfamiliar Family  ( Kim Ji Suk :D)

10. Lie of Lies ( a makjang well done)

11.  Beautiful Love Wonderful Life ( 2019-2020) ( the only weekender I ever finished because of Kim Jae Young)

12. 18 Again ( discovered Lee Do Hyun, reminds me of Go Back Couple) 

13. Chocolate ( 2019 to 2020) ( somebody called @SilverMoonTea hard sold this to me.. slow burn romance)

14. Do You Like Brahms ( loved the OTP a lot)

15. The Diary of a Prosecutor 

Dramas I laboured to finish   :pandascared:

1. Good Casting ( FL didn't have chemie with Lee Sang Yeob , wasted)

2. Secret Forest 2 ( I needed more Lee Joon Hyuk)

3. Start-Up ( Han Ji Pyeong :letalQQ:)

4. Private Lives ( they sold the drama with OTP chemistry but they had so little screen time)

Dropped  :scaredpanda2:

1. When The Weather Was Fine ( it was just too slow for me zzz)

2. More Than Friends  (...hmmmm the love triangle killed me)

3. Forest - the drama was just all over the place

4.. When I Was The Most Beautiful ( if you wanna torture your soul, watch this)

5.. Rugal

6.. Zombie Detective ( think I would have continued if I was less busy)

7. My Holo Love

I watched a few c dramas this year 

1. To Love  ( really the best !)

2. The Blooms of Ruyi Pavillion ( so happy my all time fave OTP from Legend of Yunxi  reunited)

3. Love Designer ( I had to use the FF button but there's no denying Johnny Huang & Reba's chemistry)

4. Thunder ( very good crime drama with my baby Johnny Huang)

5. Something Just Like This ( on hold as I have way too many dramas)

6. The Romance of Tiger & Rose ( typical idol drama but was fluffy cute)

Still watching

1. Awaken :pandarage2: 

2. If I Cheat I Die

3. The Uncanny Counter  (please watch this everyone)

4. Run On ( love the 1st two episodes)

5. Kairos

I swear, the number of your completed dramas would probably be the number of my dropped dramas this year :Ghastlel:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

On 12/27/2020 at 12:37 PM, bluepebbles said:

I am like this right now when I read this. You're the second person I know who watched this aside from my sister !

Haha! Is there not a lot of people watching it? 

Since most members have posted their list, here are some questions that I'm curious about for everyone:

1. Who was an actor/actress you discovered this year that blew you away?

2. Who was the most memorable character you watched this year? 

3. What drama did not meet your expectations? 

4. Was there a drama that did not have a big following but you thoroughly enjoyed it? 

5. Was 2020 a good year in drama land? 

I'll answer later, I have to think about a couple of them. Haha!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 3
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Since most members have posted their list, here are some questions that I'm curious about for everyone:

1. Who was an actor/actress you discovered this year that blew you away? -

Woo Do Hwan, thanks to his magnificent portrayal in My Country : The New Age

Runner up-Ahn Hyo Seop !  It's my first time watching him in RDTK2.

2. Who was the most memorable character you watched this year?

Cha Ji Won. Moon Chae Won put that character on my personal characters she portrayed, second to Seryung of The Princess' Man.

PERFECT MY FRIEND, PERFECT YOUR MIND — After 18 years, it's finally your  turn. I'll...

3. What drama did not meet your expectations?

ALICE :1000:

Kwak Si yang | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

except for this guy

4. Was there a drama that did not have a big following but you thoroughly enjoyed it? -

A Piece of Your Mind 

Summer Selection: 42 All-Time Favorites Asian OSTs - MyDramaList

5. Was 2020 a good year in drama land?  - Still doing good despite of the limitations because of c-19. My greedy self wants more sageuk but then again, the taxing production makes it more difficult this year. :Party02:

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor