You are my Destiny - 運命から始まる恋 [JP Drama 2020]

Phikyl

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 7:09 PM, NiteWalker said:

i never did like the plot.....they make it that cheating is a normal thing to do....and with a valid reason

I didn't think it was really about cheating. Isn't it that the hero married one woman because he got her pregnant while he was still in love with another? I have conflicting feelings about this, especially in this day and age, the father could claim and co-parent the child without marrying the mother.

@Phikyl, have you had a chance to watch this Japanese version yet? If yes, did you watch the TW and K versions enough to do a contrast?

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I didn't think it was really about cheating. Isn't it that the hero married one woman because he got her pregnant while he was still in love with another? I have conflicting feelings about this, especially in this day and age, the father could claim and co-parent the child without marrying the mother.

yes maybe this was why i never like it........however they had this ideas that they shouldnt have the kid born out of wedlock.....which will actually kinda give them the legal status if im not wrong....and asian are pretty particular about all this status

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yes maybe this was why i never like it........however they had this ideas that they shouldnt have the kid born out of wedlock.....which will actually kinda give them the legal status if im not wrong....and asian are pretty particular about all this status

That's true, though with the number of single mothers and single fathers in kdramas these days, it seems as if society in general is becoming more tolerant? At least as reflected in dramas. 

Legal status, in Korea, can be conferred to the child by putting the child on the father's registry.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

have you had a chance to watch this Japanese version yet? If yes, did you watch the TW and K versions enough to do a contrast?

I haven't watched the JP version yet but I have seen both the TW and K versions. To be honest, I watched both a long time ago and I don't actually remember much about the TW version except that it was really long. The K-version had some really good, memorable scenes though so that one is a bit more fresh in my mind, even though I technically watched it first. 

• Like 3

MDL                  Currently Watching: Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Phikyl said:

I haven't watched the JP version yet but I have seen both the TW and K versions. To be honest, I watched both a long time ago and I don't actually remember much about the TW version except that it was really long. The K-version had some really good, memorable scenes though so that one is a bit more fresh in my mind, even though I technically watched it first. 

I suppose this is off topic to this thread since this thread is about the Japanese version, but I have to say that I enjoyed both the TW and the K versions for different reasons. I thought that the ML was quite a lot meaner in the TW version, but it also felt more raw, emotional, and urgent. Perhaps because the OTP is quite a bit younger in the TW version, so they both also had some growing up to do.

In the K version where the leads were older, it felt more measured, plus I'm not sure I bought the argument that they felt compelled to get married as much as I did in the TW version. However, I loved the OTP, and the comedy wasn't quite as slapstick as in the TW version. Overall, I thought the K version was more polished with a more sympathetic protagonist in Jang Hyuk. Though, watching the TW version was what started my lust for Ethan Ruan. :smile:

• Like 3