Love Between Fairy and Devil / Cang Lan Jue 苍兰诀 [2022]

NiteWalker

It seems like this drama won't air until after the summer. There's a ban on costume drama airing for the rest of the summer (or so I've read). This is due to tribute dramas. Love Like the Galaxy is the only costume drama that's scheduled to air through the summer. The rest will start airing around November. 

Hopefully, the rumor isn't all true so we get this drama at least around early fall. 

• Like 1

I read some more and there's a supporting actress who made a comment that could be interpreted as pro-Japan. People are suspecting that might be the reason for the delay. They are probably editing her out? I doubt the entire drama will get cancel since it wasn't the two leads who were problematic.

See You Again, the drama with Yukee and HYT will be the next one to air as part of iQIYI's Sweet On. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 9:19 AM, Tofu said:

I read some more and there's a supporting actress who made a comment that could be interpreted as pro-Japan. People are suspecting that might be the reason for the delay. They are probably editing her out? I doubt the entire drama will get cancel since it wasn't the two leads who were problematic.

See You Again, the drama with Yukee and HYT will be the next one to air as part of iQIYI's Sweet On. 

I am desperately waiting for Mr Bad but on the iQiyi queue of coming soon, it's gone way to the back, though doesn't mean they can't push it to the front...

• Like 1
13 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

I am desperately waiting for Mr Bad but on the iQiyi queue of coming soon, it's gone way to the back, though doesn't mean they can't push it to the front...

I'm assuming See You Again will air after this and then Mr. Bad after that? I'm just guessing based on the promotional things that's come out so far. I want to see Mr. Bad too! Between this one and Mr. Bad, I don't want to see any of the other Sweet On dramas. Hahaha!

• Like 1

I've watched five episodes so far and I'm enjoying it so much more than I thought! What am I going to do on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week when it airs alongside Galaxy?! That's so many episodes to try to catch in one day! :nervous:

• Like 3

I’m done watching 6 episodes and I like it. It’s a cute and funny drama. I like the chemistry between Didi and Esther. I have only liked two Xianxia dramas and many have been dropped so I’m happy I like this one. Yay. Lol. Looking forward to the next eps 

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I've watched five episodes so far and I'm enjoying it so much more than I thought! What am I going to do on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week when it airs alongside Galaxy?! That's so many episodes to try to catch in one day! :nervous:

@TofuThe struggle is real haha. If only we were paid to watch dramas and fan girl. 

55 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

totally in love with this drama as well @Tofu at least Didi's eyebrow is more acceptable too :laugh:

What about Didi’s eyebrows @NiteWalker? Lol. Glad you’re liking the drama as well. 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Ikr...I didnt expect that I'm enjoying this drama and I zhang ling he was in the drama???!!?? :shocked2: how I didnt know that. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be busy with 2drama aired 4episodes :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

at least Didi's eyebrow is more acceptable too 

Hahaha! I know! He matches this eyebrow, whereas the one in Miss The Dragon didn't match him as much. It was too sharp. 

@N3buLa84 Yeah! I agreed! It's really hard to find a good xianxia. I've dropped a few too. I'm hoping this one continues to stay good and engaging. So far the plot is interesting. 

@Yana I'm not too familiar with Zhang Ling He, but everyone likes him. I've seen lots of people talk about him. I also saw that some people developed second lead syndrome. I don't think the 2ML has had a strong enough presence for me to like him. To me, he is someone who has to follow orders so he suppress his feelings for her. He's attempted to do something nice for our little Orchid with the medicine, but he never gave it to her. 

Can't wait for episode 7, I want to know who helped her! 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha! I know! He matches this eyebrow, whereas the one in Miss The Dragon didn't match him as much. It was too sharp. 

it was drawn in one straight lines!!!!!!

3 hours ago, N3buLa84 said:

What about Didi’s eyebrows @NiteWalker? Lol. Glad you’re liking the drama as well. 

it was during the Miss The Dragon where they drawn his eyebrow in one straight line and THICK!!! its so distracting as the eyebrow was too thick and with his white hair it stood out too much and i couldnt find the chemistry between him and ZhuXuDan works for me either...

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@Yana I'm not too familiar with Zhang Ling He, but everyone likes him. I've seen lots of people talk about him. I also saw that some people developed second lead syndrome. I don't think the 2ML has had a strong enough presence for me to like him. To me, he is someone who has to follow orders so he suppress his feelings for her. He's attempted to do something nice for our little Orchid with the medicine, but he never gave it to her. 

Can't wait for episode 7, I want to know who helped her! 

He's good in Maiden Holmes...and I think he wasn't brave enough for FL, but it's too early to comment on anything. We will see how the drama progresses.

As for Dong Fang Qing Cang he is practically a maid/slave for Xiao Lan Hua. He does everything she says/wants...:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Yana i totally love ZhangLingHe in Maiden Holmes with ChenYao, both are really awesome in it...and honestly i wish they will re-unite them in another series lols....

14 minutes ago, Yana said:

.and I think he wasn't brave enough for FL, but it's too early to comment on anything. We will see how the drama progresses.

im only at episode 3....i tell you more after the story progresses lols

14 minutes ago, Yana said:

As for Dong Fang Qing Cang he is practically a maid/slave for Xiao Lan Hua. He does everything she says/wants...:laugh:

i only know that he had to ensure XiaoLanHua isnt hurt...cause whatever hurt or injuries she sustain it will reflect on himself hahaha...

maybe thats why he said that she now belong to him lols...i love how he announce...he said it in a momentum voice, not in the overbearing manners that seems to be on trend...

however he is like merely stating the fact that 'You now belong to me, understand?

hahaha and he doesnt care whether you agree or not...what he stated is rules and need to be follow as simple as that...

• Clapping Hands 2
13 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

@Yana i totally love ZhangLingHe in Maiden Holmes with ChenYao, both are really awesome in it...and honestly i wish they will re-unite them in another series lols....

im only at episode 3....i tell you more after the story progresses lols

i only know that he had to ensure XiaoLanHua isnt hurt...cause whatever hurt or injuries she sustain it will reflect on himself hahaha...

maybe thats why he said that she now belong to him lols...i love how he announce...he said it in a momentum voice, not in the overbearing manners that seems to be on trend...

however he is like merely stating the fact that 'You now belong to me, understand?

hahaha and he doesnt care whether you agree or not...what he stated is rules and need to be follow as simple as that...

At first, I was afraid this drama would be the same as Miss Dragon, which didn't live up to my expectations, and I would say there is no chemistry between ML and FL. I just finished Ep 6. I think the one who will save the xiao lan hua is dong fang qing cang.

Poor Xian Lan Hua, she thinks Dong Fang Qing Cang is madly in love with her.

Rong Hua? Is he the masked villian? judging from the lower part of his face. Maybe I'm wrong..:popcorn:

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Yana said:

At first, I was afraid this drama would be the same as Miss Dragon, which didn't live up to my expectations, and I would say there is no chemistry between ML and FL. I just finished Ep 6. I think the one who will save the xiao lan hua is dong fang qing cang.

same here...i was really afraid of that...cause Miss the Dragon made me drop the drama to be honest...couldnt bring myself to finish it at all...

and also im a bit worried about Esther as she tends to be in her cutesy roles which can be kinda overwhelming and made one cringe from it...however in here it seems to be tone down...and it wasnt that bad....and the chemistry in between Dylan and Esther seems good....

2 hours ago, Yana said:

Poor Xian Lan Hua, she thinks Dong Fang Qing Cang is madly in love with her.

hehehe...she seems to be thinking a bit too highly of herself? :laugh: but still it make one laugh and you actually love when you can see DongFangQingCang almost roll his eyes at her lols....i did from seeing that...or when XiaoLanHua announced to DongFangQingCang about how he should really retract his feeling for her since she consider herself taken :smug:

2 hours ago, Yana said:

Rong Hua? Is he the masked villian? judging from the lower part of his face. Maybe I'm wrong..:popcorn:

you might be right...cause i didnt continue after that appearance....

• Like 2
7 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

'You now belong to me, understand?

I know, he is quite the person, isn't he? 

"From this moment on, you're mine. Your life belongs to me. Your breathing belongs to me. Your heartbeat belongs to me. Every drop of blood in your body belongs to me."

CLJ-03-T.gif

@N3buLa84 @NiteWalker @Yana I love how all of us are like, "Please don't let it be like Miss the Dragon". Haha! We must have had some serious trauma with that drama. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I know, he is quite the person, isn't he? 

"From this moment on, you're mine. Your life belongs to me. Your breathing belongs to me. Your heartbeat belongs to me. Every drop of blood in your body belongs to me."

totally but still he wasn’t all in the overbearing manner he is like….what I’m stating is fact you know fact? Hahahahah

:cool:

39 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@N3buLa84 @NiteWalker @Yana I love how all of us are like, "Please don't let it be like Miss the Dragon". Haha! We must have had some serious trauma with that drama. :lmao2:

well first thing I check was the eyebrow…then the white hair… it was like so far only in episode 1 …then viola all black haha

• Haha 1