13 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

So before reading that comment , I was not as sensitive but now that I have read it ...suddenly every look they gave each other felt like it had meaning. LOL! So I wasn't sure if it was because now I start over-reading. Actually why are c dramas so into BL? I thought China is so strict on this

I noticed the BL undertone when I saw the trailer....:smug:

I am loving the OST at the moment

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

someone wrote on MDL that Yin Yang had some hints of BL? Really? I am half way through the show & had to stop to check the synospsis and came upon that comment. 

Don't let that ruin it for you! There's barely any skinship. It's just something someone can say when they look at each other. Even the ending when Qing Ming found a reason to protect, I think it can be interpreted in many ways too. I saw it more like protecting a family member and not so much a lover. I think the more you become aware of BL, the more you start over-analyzing every interactions that happens between two male characters. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

"Grief and joy, partings and meetings, life and death, you’ll face them all in this brief flash of life. But in this life, I have loved, and I have been loved. That is enough.”

Zhong Xing - The Yin Yang Master: Dream of Eternity

This was definitely my favorite quote in the movie!! :heart:

56 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

UwU puppy crying!

Haha! What show is this from?

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@oppasaranghaeyo given your name , you should definitely be made aware of this thread! :pandahappy:

Thanks for the tag. You're right. Where was I? I had no idea this thread exists. It's def more fun to "track" oppas together, than by myself haha :wow: 

Hello all oppa trackers, aka oppa lovers... :duckhearts:

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

@OsmanthusTea @Tofu @mademoiselle Yin Yang - not sure if it was because I was a bit dense, but I had to actually go & read on Wikipedia the plot after I watched the movie. LOL!  I finally understood the back story. What confused me a bit was what the Princess was trying to achieve with the Serpent in her body. I agree with @OsmanthusTea , although Mark Chao & DL are the big names here ( internationally ), I have to say it was Olivia Wang and Wang Dou's performance as a pair of tragic lovers that stole the show. And oh I must add WD's body is nice :Ghastlel:.

Just now, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Thanks for the tag. You're right. Where was I? I had no idea this thread exists. It's def more fun to "track" oppas together, than by myself haha :wow: 

Hello all oppa trackers, aka oppa lovers... :duckhearts:

Tell us who made it to January's list? I see you're watching Love Ft Marriage & Divorce.  All the husbands giving trust issues :shocked2:. Come join us on the drama thread.  . @ktcjdrama has opened the thread

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yeah @abs-oluteM you just reminded me! In the last scene, the female master was dead before but she came back to life. What was that about?

I also thought she was dead...but seems like her sect kept her body & she is revived. Looks like they could be prepping this for  a season 2 

16 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

Oppa...oppaaaaa.....*hug my shiba pillow* oppaaaa :pandasadspoon:I want to see you.....:scaredpanda2:

What is a shiba pillow?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

also thought she was dead...but seems like her sect kept her body & she is revived. Looks like they could be prepping this for  a season 2 

31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yeah @abs-oluteM you just reminded me! In the last scene, the female master was dead before but she came back to life. What was that about?

The Yin Yang Master: Dream of Eternity was done filmed for 2 parts. Second part is scheduled for end of this year or early next year. BUT after GJM is blacklisted in the industry for plagiarism (YinYang Master is pulled from the cinemas in China despite earning big bucks) I don't think the second part will see the light of the day.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4
6 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

The Yin Yang Master: Dream of Eternity was done filmed for 2 parts. Second part is scheduled for end of this year or early next year. BUT after GJM is blacklisted in the industry for plagiarism (YinYang Master is pulled from the cinemas in China despite earning big bucks) I don't think the second part will see the light of the day.

He's been in trouble for many plagiarism, so is this related to Yin Yang Master? What a waste of money. I'm under the impression China entertainment produced a lot of shows but some never get to see the light of day.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

He's been in trouble for many plagiarism, so is this related to Yin Yang Master? What a waste of money. I'm under the impression China entertainment produced a lot of shows but some never get to see the light of day.

The last straw is Yin Yang Master. Many pointed out the similarity with Dr. Strange, those ring light portal. But some defended that Onmyoji existed long before Dr. Strange. Beside the original creator of Onmyoji, Baku Yumemakura is a creative consultant of the movie and the Special Effects Director is the one did Okja. I don't understand why they can made such blatant mistakes.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 5
11 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

The last straw is Yin Yang Master. Many pointed out the similarity with Dr. Strange, those ring light portal. But some defended that Onmyoji existed long before Dr. Strange. Beside the original creator of Onmyoji Baku Yumemakura is a creative consultant of the movie and the Special Effects Director is the one did Okja. I don't understand why they can made such blatant mistakes.

I checked. I don't find the transport portal ring the same. Maybe these people are picking because they lost faith in him. I just think it is a pity. It's a good special effects film and really shouldn't go to waste.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

I checked. I don't find the transport portal ring the same. Maybe these people are picking because they lost faith in him. I just think it is a pity. It's a good special effects film and really shouldn't go to waste.

It's really a pity, so much hard works go to waste. No stuntman (all by the actors themselves, DL undergo special diet and training prior and during the filming)), great special effect, so much effort for costumes (each character has their own different special embroidery technique on their robes), the sets were special built by the award winning who did The Legend Demon Cat. Olivia said that she left emotionally exhausted every single filming day and I can see why. So much care and love poured into the project. I am gutted that I wont be able to see part 2.....:shocked:

Btw, one thing I noticed from GJM. He has a penchant for flying hair and robes, he does it gorgeously. I can imagine those wind machines lined up along the wall of the setting....:smug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Btw, one thing I noticed from GJM. He has a penchant for flying hair and robes, he does it gorgeously. I can imagine those wind machines lined up along the wall of the setting.

Might be an essential for Wuxia-based shows. LOL. At least now the special effects are good enough that I cannot see the wires. I can never forget Crouching Tiger Hidden Tiger was so badly done and wires can be seen...and they won Best Foreign Film from the Academy Awards. :PikachuFacePalm:

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 5
On 12/21/2020 at 8:10 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

JANUARY

Hide contents

1. Tomoya Nakamura (34)

2. Chen Xiao (33)

3. Aaron Yan (35)

4. Kim Myung Soo (28)

5. Li Hong Yi (22)

6. Lee Seo Jin (50)

7. Jasper Liu (34)

@abs-oluteM@SilverMoonTea I guess this is the Jan 2021 list here? (still backtracking this thread...)

I'd second 2,4,6,7 without hesitation. Not too sure about the others. May have seen/heard of them but no impression atm... 

For me, he's on my radar atm:

Spoiler

DC37-E045-212-C-47-EF-A232-70-AE9-C99886

And there are others, so many others lol. My head/heart is exploding with oppas lol. Akan datang!:wow:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Tell us who made it to January's list? I see you're watching Love Ft Marriage & Divorce.  All the husbands giving trust issues :shocked2:. Come join us on the drama thread.  . @ktcjdrama has opened the thread

I did above. I will join the Love thread soon. Thanks again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

23 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Might be an essential for Wuxia-based shows. LOL. At least now the special effects are good enough that I cannot see the wires. I can never forget Crouching Tiger Hidden Tiger was so badly done and wires can be seen...and they won Best Foreign Film from the Academy Awards. :PikachuFacePalm:

But Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was Hollywood made not by HK or Mainland.....If I am not mistaken that was the first WuXia movie produced by Hollywood with big names from Chinese industry attached. The expectation was sky high but it scarred me for life...:HaunterOK:

THE best WuXia to these days are Once Upon A Time in China Series....

• Haha 5
11 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

Ahhh 👀🐭

Why can't I remember this scene? I have to go back to watch the trailers again. 

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I have to say it was Olivia Wang and Wang Dou's performance as a pair of tragic lovers that stole the show. And oh I must add WD's body is nice 

I agreed, I think they were excellent! Now that you're done, please write a review. :laugh:

• Haha 3
On 2/11/2021 at 1:43 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Wahhh sooo niceeee.... and how do you feel to see him irl? 

How is WISYA going? Seeing/ Meeting Jasper irl = He's prettier :wow: Is that possible? It is :heart:

On 2/11/2021 at 1:43 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Omg I quite like WISYA le.... He's damn handsome! I think his skin looks even better than in PS. And I think his... ahem body more well defined hahahaha.... 

Hahaha I feel like you like Jasper in CEO mode :laugh: Of course he is handsome in a suit!

On 2/11/2021 at 7:44 PM, eNDe said:

I don't know who this Jasper Liu but I seem to see his name mentioned a lot even though I'm not active in most threads haha. 

At last, I went to google him and saw that he did a travel reality show with Lee Seung-gi and I think I might start checking him out through Twogether. Will be interesting to see how they travel with language difference. 

Hahaha, it might be because you hang out with me @eNDe...even though we mostly talk in the DDSSLLS threads...I feel like I would have mentioned Jasper for no reason other than me always mentioning him in relations to dramas :laugh:

Yes, check out Twogether!! It's such a fun variety show and Jasper and LSG have such good bromance chemistry. Their energy and humour really work well together and the destinations will make you happy since we're not able to travel at the moment! :heart:

IKR...I definitely definitely rarely will like an actor that young like LJW...of course I like his talent that's the first thing but still...there's something about him when I first saw him in Search:WWW and I'm glad to be able to watch him in DDSSLLS with one of my fave actress hehe. 

Hmm...among these names I mentioned above, I think my fave is still LJW haha. :eeeee:

Haha, I tried to resist due his youth, but it's impossible. LJW's charm is too strong :lenny: 

And now I've given in to my full fangirling of him since I loved DDSSLLS so much and he's just a talented actor. 

As for HIY, he's everywhere on my IG explore page and I don't even watch True Beauty! I was about to watch 18 Again to check out Lee Do-Hyun and even before I got to watch HIY's performance in it, the algorithm just wants me to see HIY. From bts, he seems chill and easy going, didn't care he was the oldest (way older) among his cast mates haha. 

Ah, I love HIY :hearties: I think the Instagram pushing HIY content got to me in the end because then I found one of his fan sub accounts...and when you get what he's saying, it's harder not to be charmed by him: https://www.instagram.com/inyeopsubs/

:wow::CharmanderYay::BulbaOWO:

One of my favourite things about HIY (which maybe @Tofu might know as well) is that he claims ownership of all his favourite people. Like they would ask him, who does Ju Kyung/ Moon Ga Young belong to? And he would say "she's mine"...but he also did this to all the male cast members and even the staffers like his make up artist, Aluu. He signed her poster with: "Aluu is mine. Don't you dare think of running away from me before the next project." :heart::laugh::lol: All his fans are like, are we yours too?? We just want to be owned by HIY.

On 2/11/2021 at 8:19 PM, mademoiselle said:

@eNDe Hahaha so to summarise... your Oppa deul are:

Lee Jae Wook

Lee Do Hyun

Rowoon (Are you watching him in Sunbae / She Would Never Know??)

Kim Seon Ho

Hwang In Yeop

Potentially... also Mrs. Liu (Jasper)

Good taste. I approve of this list as they're all on my list too. LDH got me from Hotel Del Luna, Rowoon got me in Extraordinary You, Kim Seon Ho gave me SLS in Start Up :BulbaOWO:

Good summary @mademoiselle :laugh:

On 2/11/2021 at 9:00 PM, mademoiselle said:

@mademoiselle True. I never fall for someone after watching a variety. But then again, I'm a drama person so I need that storyline + character development to make me fall for an actor. It also takes a while, like maybe episode 8 then I'd start falling hard.

Hahaha, me too. I actually rarely watch varieties to be honest though. You're right...it's the storyline and character development and their portrayal of the characters that gives you the feels. Apparently our brains have a hard time differentiating that those character's emotions are fake (even though we know logically), so we get attached :lettalKWA: hahaha, I read about in terms of why we get attached to TV series and actors. The science behind your attraction to Oppas :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenLI like WISYA, the story a bit rubbish, but surprise the chemie was not too bad. Can see its not as comfie with Puff, but its still pretty good. Mandy not too bad either, but how come shes not realizing the nerd brow guy is You Qian... Well, its Taiwan drama, what I expect :lenny:

I already suspect you will say he's even more handsome irl. Actually to looks good in tv its not easy, so i bet this actors / actresses must be even better looking off screen. 

@oppasaranghaeyoWelcome here, thanks for reading our fangirling, please do join us and share your oppas collection  :heart: We love to know other ppl oppas too...:cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif