On 2/11/2021 at 9:07 PM, eNDe said:

Curious, do you guys prefer your faves in a drama together or shine on their own lead drama? 

Favourite Actors and Actresses = Together  :heart: Actually, I would love my favourite male actors together too, but that's rare since they're often of a similar age group and I feel they tend to vary older/younger actors together. In romances, my favourite actors and actresses rarely get paired as I wish since the industries are too big, so often I watch a series for one actor/ actress when I think they're paired with someone who I might like and then I grow to like the other person if the chemistry is good and they're a decent actor.

But there is a certain thrill when they pair two actors you love together...or re-pair them :wow:. In Taiwanese dramaland, I nearly died of happiness when they paired Jasper Liu and Puff Kuo together for a second time even though the affair storyline wasn't really my cup of tea (though very much @SilverMoonTea taste). It helps that they're friends and Puff called Jasper up after reading the script and asked if he wanted to do this drama with her. They must be super comfortable with each other though since Puff rarely does intimate scenes and this drama had a lot of intimate/ high tension scenes... :smug:The intimacy was the only reason I watched :laugh:

I do find it's better if the storyline and characters are good when they chuck two of my favourites together. Again, with Taiwanese dramas, I like Marcus Chang and Vivian Sung....but I found their characters so annoying in Lost Romance...and then to add to the mix they put in a really strong second lead with Simon Lian and I died from second lead syndrome every.damn.epsiode. :lettalKWA:

On 2/11/2021 at 9:07 PM, eNDe said:

Anyone here watch Kim Jae-Young's work before? He's another recent actor I got interested (just before LJW) while watching Black (Go Ara was in it) and followed up with his first lead role in Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life. He did amazing in his major lead role...if you did watch BLWL, you'd know why he deserved the award for his portrayal. I don't think I could go through those 50 episodes without him (and co-star Seol In-ah) being the main leads. 

Ever since people told me that Yoon Park gets a painful second lead for Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life...I don't think I'll ever be able to touch it :psweatduck:  I like him too much. also I don't think I've ever done the 100 episode dramas :thinking: They seem insanely long!

On 2/12/2021 at 1:19 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenL@TofuI'm doomed... I think he's so much more handsome in WISYA than in PS. :wow:

Fashion & hair really can make a man. 

Actually he really look alike to Seo Kang Joon in this drama. 

Hahaha You love fashionable Jasper :lol: WISYA puts him in similar fashion to BWGM. I just liked his character in PS. It's probably more similar to real Jasper in some ways :laugh:

I'm about to start When the Weather is Fine, so I shall see how SKJ compares to Jasper in terms of similar looks

On 2/12/2021 at 2:03 AM, Tofu said:

Haha!! I love seeing Jasper everywhere from you! Jasper likes kids and really enjoyed watching Seung Jae in The Return of Superman. When he was in Korea, he visited and recorded an episode with Seung Jae. 

Yep, Jasper is such a big kid himself I guess! I really liked those episodes of Return to Superman. Haha that kid was drawn to Jasper's charms for sure.

He was also really attentive to the Pleasantly surprised kid and really looked after him at the fan meet. He even put him up on his shoulders a few times.

m2uG5kY.png

rPn6wXT.png

Actually LJW with kids is super cute too. Watching him tease the little kid from DDSSLLS and help him with his apron and shoelaces was adorable :heart:

HuI3S8e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLActually if you want to watch SKJ, I will suggest you to watch Are You Human Too? Its his best performance for me. 

But perhaps you will like the calm SKJ in When The Weather is Fine... lemme know how is it...

And @JenL if you want self-torture , you can watch Third Charm. For what it's worth , if like @mademoiselleyou like oppas who cry beautifully, SKJ was marvelous there.  

Spoiler

@Tofu I have to think hard how to write the review for Yin Yang. It took me awhile to get the story & I actually had to ask @OsmanthusTea to explain to me. Lol! Not sure what kind of review that will be

:pandawhat:

-----------------

Spent the day catching up on Hotel Del Luna. Finally at eps 14...

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

10 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

And @JenL if you want self-torture , you can watch Third Charm. For what it's worth , if like @mademoiselleyou like oppas who cry beautifully, SKJ was marvelous there. 

LOLLLL, even if I like SKJ and he cries beautifully, I can't digest this drama. But yeah, if you like self-torture, Third Charm is quite a torture to watch :laugh: But I'd rather recommend Are You Human Too? and When the Weather is Fine I'll Come Find You if you want SKJ. He was great in Cheese in the Trap too.

By the way, anyone's Oppa is Joseph Chang or Wu Kang Ren/Chris Wu? Joseph uploaded Part 1 of their Unprofessional Kitchen clip featuring Chris, Cheryl Yang and Tiffany Hsu.

This was a fun watch (it has Eng subs) and are the actors/actresses I used to watch for TW drama. And because I never watch Chris in BTS I didn't know he's so hilarious and a nagger. LOLLLL. He and Cheryl keeps bickering which makes it entertaining.

• Haha 5

I think our @JenLnot the type who like self torturing :laugh:@mademoiselle@abs-oluteM

Haha Third Charm really like third grade drama... all that could go wrong in drama, they just do it all lols... It's so makjang till idk what they want to achieve with it... 

@JenLAYHT I rewatched it couple of times, I so love that drama. 

So are we exchange oppas or what? :thinking: You take SKJ, I take JL :lenny:

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

My love for Rowoon deepens after recent episodes of Sunbae. I spent all of my day watching Rowoon's videos on YouTube 😅

I love watching him eat...

I wanna join the boys in eating this braised ribs too! Rowoon can't stop eating (ate 2 bowls of rice) before the ribs were cooked 🤣 

I enjoy pretty people doing a good mukbang. It makes the food look good and makes them look less attractive and more human. Really makes me happy :laugh:

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Haha Why was it self torture? I'm curious now but I don't like to torture myself except for getting SLS when the second lead is worth it. :laugh:

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

By the way, anyone's Oppa is Joseph Chang or Wu Kang Ren/Chris Wu? Joseph uploaded Part 1 of their Unprofessional Kitchen clip featuring Chris, Cheryl Yang and Tiffany Hsu.

This was a fun watch (it has Eng subs) and are the actors/actresses I used to watch for TW drama. 

Haha, ah these actors! Chris Wu not my oppa though- strong rumours he cheated on Avis with Ivy Shao :lettalKWA: And the timeline for the dating rumours vs breakup would support that? But he is funny!

14 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think our @JenLnot the type who like self torturing :laugh:@mademoiselle@abs-oluteM

Haha Third Charm really like third grade drama... all that could go wrong in drama, they just do it all lols... It's so makjang till idk what they want to achieve with it... 

@JenLAYHT I rewatched it couple of times, I so love that drama. 

So are we exchange oppas or what? :thinking: You take SKJ, I take JL :lenny:

Hahaha you're not wrong @SilverMoonTea I'm not a self torturing type. I'm too soft for pain and if it'd meant to be romance, I like the super cute kind :laugh:

Also really do not like super makjang dramas

But since it's unlikely I'll watch it and now I'm super curious, what sort of things go wrong in The Third Charm:thinking: I'll look up AYHT and see if I'll be interested. To be honest, I'm watching When the Weather is Fine more for LJW than SKJ :heiboi::lol:

Hahaha...nice try...I can't sell Jasper off for a look-alike :lenny:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You know how they say Korean Ahjumma deul love it when the younger ones eat well. Rowoon is in that pool. He eats soooo well (maybe because being idol he has to starve himself) whenever he's being fed with food on variety. Rowoon mukbang is awesome. The bonus is he is good in cooking too, being the Omma of SF9. He has better knife work than me and is particularly with good with deep frying (something I don't like to do because it waste oil & stink up the whole kitchen).

Oh yeah, Happy Valentine's Day :hearties: to all...

My Oppa updated his IG with this:

EuJx0DCVcAElG9y?format=jpg&name=large

Not sure what to take of it... Swoon or reach into the screen to smooth those unkempt hair...?

@JenL Third Charm - everything. The story is bad and no chemi. It's shocking tbh. Weather is a soothing drama (with a bit of mystery thriller lol!), I hope you enjoy it even though there's little LJW.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5

Oh yeah I found a cut video from EY I really love. A compilations of Hye Yoon smacking both Rowoon and LJW. And their impersonation of her in return :laugh: These two Oppa seriously deserve some smacking, LMAOOOOO. So naughty. Rowoon is the punching bag of them all, even LJW smack him.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Waaaaaa @abs-oluteM, @SilverMoonTea is holding on very well of her love for Jasper! :Mimed:

How many weeks has it been, Tea?

hmm got 3 weeks or not? I swear I see Jasper everywhere ...ahahahah

Hmm are they going for muted colours this season. At least the leads for Vincenzo look better dressed than the press con for River

EuPsBpvVcAIqN4D?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

hmm got 3 weeks or not? I swear I see Jasper everywhere ...ahahahah

Hmm are they going for muted colours this season. At least the leads for Vincenzo look better dressed than the press con for River

True, Jasper was mentioned everywhere in other threads. Maybe that's why it felt she's loved him longer. LOL.

Aiyo, who took this picture? Makes SJK & FL look short. For what was shown in Vincenzo, I must say SJK fringe down is no-no. Hair up plz.

• Haha 3

Wah Oc Taecyeon so tall @abs-oluteM... :wow: Btw is his role villain? 

Yeah not that long, but I also felt its already like a lifetime for oppa dropper like me :thinking:

Soon I only left with Triad Princess 6 eps and perhaps my love will go cold turkey ❄ If his C drama out, he may have chance to last longer 🔥

Btw I really need some dark crime drama, I've been in too many romance dramas lols...

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Aiyo, who took this picture? Makes SJK & FL look short. For what was shown in Vincenzo, I must say SJK fringe down is no-no. Hair up plz.

The angle not flattering. Does not help that Tacyeon is so tall.  Oh yes I forgot you like to see foreheads. Okay la the look here. I don't mind fringe

Just the two of them is not so bad. SJK look good here @ssteph

EuPrayFUYAE97qa?format=jpg&name=large

2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Wah Oc Taecyeon so tall @abs-oluteM... :wow: Btw is his role villain? 

Not villain. He works for FL ( she is his sunbae) . His character is so cute & he has big crush on her

• Like 4

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

The angle not flattering. Does not help that Tacyeon is so tall. His character is so cute & he has big crush on her

I on off got some love affair with Taecyeon. I finished Save Me, The Game... I might have SLS? Haha... SJK need to work hard to show me his charm... I think the suit color too pale, he looks better in darker color... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I on off got some love affair with Taecyeon. I finished Save Me, The Game... I might have SLS? Haha... SJK need to work hard to show me his charm... I think the suit color too pale, he looks better in darker color... 

Yes I know your on off love affair with Taecyeon. Unfortunately he does not work for me but I think he's got a nice look . In Save Me , I was rooting for Woo Do Hwan :laugh:

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes I know your on off love affair with Taecyeon. Unfortunately he does not work for me but I think he's got a nice look . In Save Me , I was rooting for Woo Do Hwan :laugh:

WDH also cute... :laugh: I was a bit confused on Save Me... But in the end no romance lols, that cult leader really zapped out her whole life.... I want more of hensem guys, but ahjussi keep showed up lols :lenny:

@NiteWalkerFalling In Love with Scientist alrd got thread? 

@abs-oluteMBehind every handsome oppas there is a good BB cream 🤣

esteelaudertw-CFw3w0-j6-RF.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Sooo hensemmmm help @JenL@Tofu, no idea what he said... but I can just watch for his face alone bwahaha...

Btw he looks so suave & calm here... lols, not like his usual goofy self?

@SilverMoonTea

-Jasper says he plays an ugly duckling to beautiful swan type character and talks about his character not meeting Mandy's character for like 10 years.

-The reporters ask how he felt playing an ugly character and he laughs and says he's very happy - he hopes as Taiwan has different types of dramas and roles, that he can play many different types of roles like maybe a crazy person etc...he's excited to perform all the different imaginations he'd have as a teen :laugh:

- The reporters asked how ugly is ugly? Jasper laughs and says "Do my best"...The reporter asks if it's still good-looking ugly and Jasper says no, they have standards. Mandy says he doesn't look like him and thinks people wouldn't recognise him if they saw him dressed like that. :lol:

-Mandy said he's too handsome they had to spend a long time thinking of how to uglify him. Jasper said they thought best about how to make him look different.

-Mandy talks about how people look at her more with long hair and Jasper makes a joke about turning to look at her a second time (a pun on the drama title)

-Reporters ask Jasper's first impressions of Mandy - he said first impression was that she was cute, once getting to know her, she's really has big energy...they're like brothers LOL. she's like her character. Mandy says she use to think Jasper was like his characters but once getting to know him...Jasper butts in and says "Very manly"...Mandy laughs and says he's mature 

-They asked if he worked out extra for this drama...and Jasper was like "Did I?" But he says he did because he felt there would be "dangerous scenes" (topless scenes) for this drama...so he prepared by working out more. :lenny: He said he just eats better and exercises better and planned to go to the gym with Deyn Li (bodyguard from WISYA/ chef from PS)

-They asked what they noticed first in a person, both of them said eyes. Then reporters asked Jasper if he likes girls with long hair...he says it makes him want to look at them again...he turns to Mandy and she says hi! Then the reporter teases him and says that so when Mandy had short hair he didn't want to look at her? They all laugh and Jasper said no it looked cute!

-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@JenLThank you so much 😍 He's so cute, such a jokester ... 

Btw, is he so popular in TW? Saw his clip, he just went to mall for Estee Lauder promo, his security seems quite tight... I can understand haha he's so charming, perhaps fangirl will stormed over him 😂

I think WISYA, storyline not strong. I will say also not Jasper's best performance either. But I can just finish this soon lols... His chemie with MW, I think still behind with PK. But have to say it's slightly better than my expectation. 

Too bad My Goddess no english sub, but I think his chemie with AC also seems so2. Think his makjang movie with Ivy Chen, More Than Blues actually have great chemie. (Its just me?, but he looks a bit smitten in 2018 award - both in white outfits, I knew she's married hahaha, so too bad)...

Lastly, I got no other choice but to watch Triad Princess next haha... 

Sorry so long :BulbaOWO::ValentineBulba:I can talk about my latest crack whole day bwahahaha... 

• Haha 2