21 hours ago, JenL said:

Yeah, I'm still extremely puzzled about the way this all went down. Like it would have been so easy for VAST to release a one sentence statement: "LJW has ended his 3 year contract with us and we wish him well" before deleting all his content?.

It just felt a bit cold on the part of VAST - literally like "Now that you're not making money for us, we don't have anything to do with you"...I mean there could have been a falling out or reasons not disclosed for why they handled it this way, but even then, I don't see how or why they still couldn't have done the above mentioned action...it makes me wonder if this is the first time someone didn't re-sign with them? I guess my rationing has been that any scandals are very much in the public realm at the moment.... And to be honest, they haven't promoted him pretty much since New Years day after he got those Awards from KBS, so I guess this split is not as sudden as it seems. This has all been very unsettling, but LJW does seem...fine and posting on socials? He just shared his current playlist....Haha, can't believe he listens to Justin Bieber

Feels like a bad break up where you delete all your ex's photos from your phone/PC and burn anything related to him/her. If it isn't negative, there's really no need to remove his contents. At least do it afterwards if there was "space" issue on e.g. Naver blog account. Whatever it is, we'll have to wait and see. If there's some bad scandal, even if it didn't come out, the insiders of the entertainment industry would know and soon we'll know if he doesn't return to the screen or sign a new agency (worse case scenario of course).

You know what? I forgot LJW has a thread of his own, hahahahaha! Mianhe all and I can't be bothered moving this post there - in case I get bite by LJW's stans from anything I said. :680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

You know what? I forgot LJW has a thread of his own, hahahahaha! Mianhe all and I can't be bothered moving this post there - in case I get bite by LJW's stans from anything I said. :680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:

Hahaha better to have fringe conversations for your safety :laugh: - it's not fun to get killed by stans!

All my LJW discussions have happened on the shipper page or here as opposed to shrine :MewHi: And everyone on the shipper page has been fans rather than stans :CharmanderOK:

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Feels like a bad break up where you delete all your ex's photos from your phone/PC and burn anything related to him/her. If it isn't negative, there's really no need to remove his contents. At least do it afterwards if there was "space" issue on e.g. Naver blog account. Whatever it is, we'll have to wait and see. If there's some bad scandal, even if it didn't come out, the insiders of the entertainment industry would know and soon we'll know if he doesn't return to the screen or sign a new agency (worse case scenario of course).

Hahaha, those break ups sound super dramatic :laugh: According to a Korean fan, his Naver photos aren't deleted - the message indicates that they're privately archived?

But yeah, some also felt it was not a pleasant end of contract period. I hope it's nothing bad  (because obviously fangirl here :psweatduck: ) But I also wonder if it's just saltiness from the agency because he decided not to re-sign a contract with them?  Haha, I mean they gave him his break and if he said no, maybe they felt the sting/ or that he owed them :thinking: Some ppl felt that his agency didn't push for stronger leading roles after EY on his behalf and he might always be in Hyun Bin's shadow, so maybe he wanted a change etc. (But I really liked When the Weather is Fine and Dodosolsollalasol :letalQQ:). But I don't know how true that is.

Oh well, best not to throw wild guesses :idk: I am supportive unless there are reasons not to be! 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

You know what? I forgot LJW has a thread of his own, hahahahaha!

The thread that I have not updated in months. :cry:

I agreed with @JenL that it's probably ok to talk about it outside of his shrine. That's a place of worship, we can't be talking about bad stuff. Haha! Vast's and Lee Jae Wook's breakup just seems a bit strange. Not sure if it's because Vast didn't try hard enough to keep him or Lee Jae Wook could have had a lot of things he wants Vast to accommodate now that he's a rising star -- who knows? Maybe the separation is for the best -- Vast can focus on Hyun Bin's wedding (LOL!) and Lee Jae Wook can finally start reviewing drama scripts, right?! 

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Is Cheng Yi your oppa @Tofu? He looks gorgeous, but I think I never know any of his dramas.

He is not. Haha! Cheng Yi was the male lead in Love and Redemption. It was a hot drama in 2020. I didn't watch it because he dies sooooooooooo many times in the drama. I think he dies and gets reincarnated 9 or 10 times? I can't be watching people die like that. :niu:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
On 3/23/2021 at 11:58 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I liked When the Weather is Fine and his role in there even if it isn't main lead. Plus it would be less stressful if he doesn't do leading roles so soon since he's still rather new. DDSSLLS was alright up until the last few episodes but it wasn't super big disaster.

Is he still appearing in Move to Heaven though?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Move_to_Heaven

Jang Woo added the warm comic relief in Weather is Fine so that character was pretty well received especially since SKJ's character was so mild. Haha, I feel like LJW is quite ambitious...and his fans are ambitious on his behalf. I think a lot of EY fans I know liked RW and HY together, but thought LJW's acting was enough to make him a lead forever after that project :idk: DDSSLLS didn't do badly for a drama, though it wasn't super popular either. It had ok ratings since people wanted to know what would happen. But sadly, the ending left a bitter aftertaste which is what people tend to remember when they talk about it. 

I personally rather that he picks a range of interesting/ likeable/challenging characters than just taking lead roles in popular but superficial dramas. And I'm soft for warm, community dramas which he's done with Weather is Fine & DDSSLLS. :BulbaOWO::hearties:

On 3/23/2021 at 11:58 PM, mademoiselle said:

Is he still appearing in Move to Heaven though?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Move_to_Heaven

Not sure :idk: Apparently LJW wasn't initially with an agency when he got the role in Memories of Alhambra so I guess it's possible he could still act without VAST? But not sure how accurate that is. Haven't heard any changes/ cancellations to do with Move to Heaven, but also haven't seen any stills/ news articles confirming he's still in the project either.

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

The thread that I have not updated in months. :cry:

Hahaha don't worry, @SilverMoonTea updates my Jasper thread more than I do :laugh: Thread care is very difficult. Sometimes you just gotta trust others to keep it alive :heiboi: Especially when they are big fans of your Oppa :smug:

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

I agreed with @JenL that it's probably ok to talk about it outside of his shrine. That's a place of worship, we can't be talking about bad stuff. Haha! Vast's and Lee Jae Wook's breakup just seems a bit strange. Not sure if it's because Vast didn't try hard enough to keep him or Lee Jae Wook could have had a lot of things he wants Vast to accommodate now that he's a rising star -- who knows? Maybe the separation is for the best -- Vast can focus on Hyun Bin's wedding (LOL!) and Lee Jae Wook can finally start reviewing drama scripts, right?! 

These are good points! LOL at VAST planning BinJin's wedding :laugh: I've heard a lot of theories over the days. Yeah can't tell if they didn't extend more offers/ benefits or if LJW wanted to pick varying genres of projects etc. Haha, people have even analysed the playlist he released for potential clues :lol: (That playlist is pretty chill and is now my work music ).  I think people will be more settled if a new agency is announced. Is it weird to leave an agency without a new one lined up? Apparently Go Ara did something similar in the past though, so hopefully it's just like that?

• Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

OMG! Just stumbled onto this piece of good news on PHS! Welcome back to dramaland! Been mising you lots!:love:oppasaranghaeyo:hug:

park_hyung_sik_0.jpg?itok=DbQg7ZPq&width=750&format=webp&t=pv
CR: 1

I can't wait for your new project: The Golden Hairpin (Korean adaptation - I hope it will materialize) :SquirtleWonderfull:

Hmm... I'm somehow looking forward more toward the K-adaptation than the C-adaptation that is taking toooooo long to be released. Who knows? The K-version may be released ahead of it if it materializes. That'd be awesome! For now, let's all pray that politics and C-cum-K anti-fans will stay out ot the way for whatever reasons they may be unhappy about.

poster-n-novel1.png

Left: C-drama poster; Right: C-novel cover.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

39 minutes ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

I can't wait for your new project: The Golden Hairpin (Korean adaptation - I hope it will materialize)

Is that the project he's looking at? I really enjoyed the novel so I'm all for any and possibly all adaptation of it. Haha! 

I agreed that they need to release the Chinese drama version soon! :nervous:

• Like 4
On 3/22/2021 at 8:51 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Ddang @abs-oluteMmy latest crush just barely in legal age yet. Just 18 y.o :laugh:

What is age when it comes to love....eh but 18 a bit young. Like having a crush on my student...:Mimed:

On 3/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@OsmanthusTea@abs-oluteMthis time he looks great in modern suit! 

I have not watch eps 31 & 32 yet though I jump to eps 35 without  subs :pandacool:. He looks nice. The man looks good for 46 ler.

@Jane @JenLI am still waiting for some Kim Seon Ho drama confirmation. But I hope he avoids sageuk....given all that is happening right now ...honestly very sad with what is happening Joseon Exorcist @Tofu @mademoiselle. Sobs...two of my oppas are there. 

Seeing your status @oppasaranghaeyo , are there some ongoing scandals in cdrama land too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Is that the project he's looking at? I really enjoyed the novel so I'm all for any and possibly all adaptation of it.

Still a rumor, still in talks... It looks like a good possibility but then again, who knows? As it is, it looks like there's another Knetz vs Cnetz war going on over Joseon Exorcists, and then the BTS issue, and perhaps another Hallyu ban soon... aish.

You read the novel? Awesome! 

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Seeing your status @oppasaranghaeyo , are there some ongoing scandals in cdrama land too?

Yeah. The latest is the Xinjiang Cotton issue. :cry:

• Like 3

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

Just now, Jane said:

Me too! He just finished his play so an announcement should be soon. I believe the likeliest drama is Mr Hong?

That is the one . I hope he does sign up especially if Shin Min Ah is the FL cuz I adore SMA. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Oops... I thought it would be merged lol

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202103/1219474.shtml

Spoiler

PS: Note that this is a pro-China media. Or so it has been reported by others. Journalism, true, traditional and ethical ones, is a dying breed now. Don't know who to believe these days.

Edited by oppasaranghaeyo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Yeah. The latest is the Xinjiang Cotton issue. :cry:

Is this the one?

1 minute ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Just read...aiyo....headache la. Politics plus entertainment ....

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jane said:

They would be such a gorgeous couple! And they both have this beautiful face + comedic personality combo. 

I am just thinking how cute those dimples would be , then I can call them Double Dimples couple :MewWave:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1