8 hours ago, Tothestars said:

Lol, thx @Tofu for putting him on the Oppa chart. Hmmm what can i say, same with @NiteWalker he is not my oppa, err he is my dongsaeng lol, but i am happy to let him to be other's oppa, only 20 but character wise he is an old soul so yeaah definetely an oppa! Cheers!

@abs-oluteM once said that everyone is considered an oppa, regardless of age. :laugh:

@JenL: I know, they did give him an older voice in Twelve Legends. I was thrown off by it a bit when I saw the trailer. Maybe it'll get better? I usually do not mind the dubbing if I'm not familiar with the actor's/actress's real voice. If I'm familiar with their real voices, everything else is just off for me. Yes, they do have competition! I forget the title of the current competition. Dubbing is serious business in China, believe it or not. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
21 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

are you talking about Zhang ZheHan? lols

All the c actors I like , I can’t claim to have watched all their shows. Definitely ZZH will be in the list . So is my boy Johnny. Latest eye candy is Lin Geng Xin

Talking about dubbing , I know they dubbed ZZH’s but from what I can tell they didn’t for Johnny

• Like 8

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I'm actually rather inspired by  @SilverMoonTeaand wondering if perhaps I should try to track my oppas? I mean, I don't really have any oppas right now (though there are any number of actors who I really, really like), but I feel as if I should make time to properly appreciate oppas.

The only problem is that a number of the guys that I would want to put on my oppa list aren't really available for projects in 2021:

Won Bin - He hasn't acted in a project in over 10 years. So, is he an ajusshi rather than an oppa? Regardless, he's definitely craveable, and I think will continue to be so at any age.

Park Bo Gum - He's in the military for what is already seeming to be a very long time.

Still, there is a long list of men I think are rather striking and uniquely beautiful: Hyun Bin, Im Shi Wan, Yoon Shi Yoon, Yang Yang, Lee Jae Wook, Ethan Juan, Kim Jae Wook, BTS (Jin, Suga, J-Hope, RM, V, Jimin, Jung Kook). Hmm... the problem may be in limiting my list rather than filling my list?

:pandahappy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM once said that everyone is considered an oppa, regardless of age. 

6 hours ago, Tothestars said:

Ah, what a positive thinking, okay i dont mind, since it'll make me younger a LOT...

Hahaha all this talk about what age an Oppa is reminds me of one of my favourite Extraordinary You Behind the scenes videos. I learnt that age is not relevant "If you're handsome, you're Oppa" :laugh:

It is a positive thought! We can all be younger!

(Haha, also at 22, all of LJW's co-stars have been older than him, but have often called him Oppa on screen. LOL)

3oJrVtG.gif

dxzvgau.gif

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

@JenL: I know, they did give him an older voice in Twelve Legends. I was thrown off by it a bit when I saw the trailer. Maybe it'll get better? I usually do not mind the dubbing if I'm not familiar with the actor's/actress's real voice. If I'm familiar with their real voices, everything else is just off for me. Yes, they do have competition! I forget the title of the current competition. Dubbing is serious business in China, believe it or not. 

Hopefully it'll get better! I found that voice so not matching to Jasper - Hahaha he already has a baby face...so that older voice is really not matching!! Yeah, maybe that's the thing. If you don't know the actors it's ok because you don't have an expectation for the voice. But if you know, it's so odd! Hahaha, dubbing competitions. Such a weird idea. :poliWeird:

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I'm actually rather inspired by  @SilverMoonTeaand wondering if perhaps I should try to track my oppas? I mean, I don't really have any oppas right now (though there are any number of actors who I really, really like), but I feel as if I should make time to properly appreciate oppas.

I can't wait to see all of @SilverMoonTea's oppas  :CharmanderYay:

Hahaha, I think everyone should track their oppas, even though we all wouldn't have half as many in comparison. Though to be honest, I think there's only a handful of actors I fall hard for - I watch different shows, but don't always feel attached...sometimes it's just a specific character and then I get over them when the drama ends. 

Jasper is the one constant. I forget about him sometimes when he doesn't have dramas. LOL. But I know I'll get sucked right back in eventually. This year the obsession has mainly been Lee Jae Wook and I've been questioning how this is an Oppa, given his freshness :laugh: I also liked Lee Do Hyun, Jo Byung Kyu and Hyun Bin this year. 

I think my last big love was Park Hyung Sik a few years ago though, so it's been awhile :thinking:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

19 hours ago, JenL said:

I forget about him sometimes when he doesn't have dramas. LOL.

Haha! I feel this way about a lot of actors. It's hard to keep the momentum up if they do not have current or upcoming projects. Park Seo Jun doesn't have any projects line up for 2021 yet and it makes me a bit sad. :pandasadspoon: Maybe that is the real reason why I forgot about him on the banner. :laugh:

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@TofuI saw your Chen Zhe Yuan shrine... hahaha... I have hobby to study other oppas shrine. Educational! :smug:

Your oppas all so pretty! Haha... I think @NiteWalkerwill agree with me. Including Xiao Zhan...😂

I can't say that Xiao Zhan is my oppa. He is someone who he falls into the same group as Lee Min Ho for me. It's a land I do not wish to enter because I'm too scared of some of the fans they have. Haha! I do admire Xiao Zhan from afar though. 

Chen Zhe Yuan is a current fav. of mine. I absolutely adored his character in Handsome Siblings, probably what drew me to him the most. :heart:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

From the banner, I see Jasper, Hyun Bin, Song Joong Ki, Lee Jun Ki, Kang Ha Neul, Kim Min Jae, Choi Daniel, Park Bo Gum. The rest are non-Koreans? I know one is SilverMoonTea’s oppa. Can never remember Japanese actor’s name. Need to go zoom in on the group photo first; which is useless to do on the phone.

edit: I peeked at everyone’s answer and I had mistaken Kim Seon Ho for Kang Ha Neul? 😂🤣

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I can't say that Xiao Zhan is my oppa. He is someone who he falls into the same group as Lee Min Ho for me. It's a land I do not wish to enter because I'm too scared of some of the fans they have. Haha! I do admire Xiao Zhan from afar though.

:nya: You can enter LMH's shrine here. There's not a single fly there at the moment :laugh:

• Haha 6
On 12/29/2020 at 1:26 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I also will forget them quickly if no project. My constant love so far SKJ & LSG... but my love has become a bit cold now 

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Haha! I feel this way about a lot of actors. It's hard to keep the momentum up if they do not have current or upcoming projects. Park Seo Jun doesn't have any projects line up for 2021 yet and it makes me a bit sad.  Maybe that is the real reason why I forgot about him on the banner. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets about my faves! :laugh: They gotta be working like slaves for our love, huh? Yeah, sometimes I think my love does go cold...but I know I'll come crawling back when I see them being their charming selves!

I think for me, it's also not only having projects, but having projects I'll care about. It's harder for me to invest in Jasper's mainland projects because that's not an entertainment empire I normally engage with (since I know so few of the stars and don't like the dubbing)...But since he'll probably be there awhile yet, I guess I'll eventually have to watch some of those projects! :idk:

I'm surprised Park Seo Jun hasn't announced anything yet. But maybe he's just taking a break while covid still kind of sucks? :thinking:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

@JenLI was a big fans of Wallace Huo before, and I can understand your concern on Jasper. When WH just moved to mainland China, his projects most of them are low budget, with some strange storyline and makjang too on top of that. (Plum Blossoms, Go Yi Yi Go). But I guess it did build up his portfolio and he's now top actor in China with great & versatile acting. So perhaps Jasper is on that route as well? 

Haha eventhough all WH projects were a bit weird, I also still watched some of them, just to get a glance of him. I have major crush since Dolphin Bay. This love affair extended quite long since I'm in university, until recently when he got married to Ruby Lin, and I also already have tons of oppas to managed 🤣🤣🤣 (if you ask me why my love went cold for him lols)

• Haha 7

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 12/29/2020 at 9:25 AM, JenL said:

(Haha, also at 22, all of LJW's co-stars have been older than him, but have often called him Oppa on screen. LOL)

HOLDDDD UP! HE IS 22?! I knew he was young but I didn't realised he was that young.

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm surprised Park Seo Jun hasn't announced anything yet. But maybe he's just taking a break while covid still kind of sucks?

I was just going to say I miss Park Seojun in dramaland reading the earlier pages. I didn't watch Itaewon Class so the last thing I saw him in was Secretary Kim. 

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think its really become oppa's diary sort of 🤣🤣🤣 Random oppas discussion lols... 

It's our...Dear Diary, today my Oppa....

To be honest, I find it a little difficult to call someone younger than me Oppa. Especially when they are squishy cute like Kang Haneul :hug:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLI was a big fans of Wallace Huo before, and I can understand your concern on Jasper. When WH just moved to mainland China, his projects most of them are low budget, with some strange storyline and makjang too on top of that. (Plum Blossoms, Go Yi Yi Go). But I guess it did build up his portfolio and he's now top actor in China with great & versatile acting. So perhaps Jasper is on that route as well? 

Haha, reflecting on one of your past loves @SilverMoonTea!

You're right...I feel like Taiwanese actors working in the Mainland is often to build up that huge fan base and portfolio and get paid lots of monies. I guess it's also an honour if they get the lead roles over mainland actors too. I think Jasper is going that route so I'm happy for him, but sad for me, since I will have to put up with dubbing and him choosing to update Weibo over Instagram :laugh:

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha eventhough all WH projects were a bit weird, I also still watched some of them, just to get a glance of him. I have major crush since Dolphin Bay. This love affair extended quite long since I'm in university, until recently when he got married to Ruby Lin, and I also already have tons of oppas to managed 🤣🤣🤣 (if you ask me why my love went cold for him lols)

This will be me also with Jasper projects next year! :lenny: 

Hahahaha, I love that you're reminiscing about Wallace Huo like a long-time ex-lover :laugh: But now you have an Oppa farm so too busy for old loves!

34 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think its really become oppa's diary sort of 🤣🤣🤣 Random oppas discussion lols... 

See the tag I put? Haha...

Love the Oppa discussion and the tags are very appropriate  :1000:

32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Not all pretty lah. PSJ for example isn't the pretty type (funny I have has this discussion with another friend before).

Haha...there's some Oppas we love for prettiness and some for talent & charisma :MewHi: I am a dead sucker for charisma!

29 minutes ago, Jane said:

HOLDDDD UP! HE IS 22?! I knew he was young but I didn't realised he was that young.

Hahaha, Surprise! When I call LJW a baby, I literally mean it :laugh: He's so young....but his co-stars are all around my age and a one was even older...

Sooooo I feel like it's still ok to fangirl over him :smug::lenny::lol:

Well, he has a mature look in some ways so he gets cast in varying age-roles. He's played a 30 year old before, but also a high-schooler several times over. 

34 minutes ago, Jane said:

I was just going to say I miss Park Seojun in dramaland reading the earlier pages. I didn't watch Itaewon Class so the last thing I saw him in was Secretary Kim. 

Me too! It's been awhile hasn't it? :NeonGhost:

35 minutes ago, Jane said:

To be honest, I find it a little difficult to call someone younger than me Oppa. Especially when they are squishy cute like Kang Haneul 

Hahaha, why are there so many cute young ones?! :letalQQ:

Dislciamer: I swear I'm not a weirdo :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just as we were talking about Park Seo-jun! Totally forgot he is coming back with Youn' s Stay.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@Jane Don't feel difficult...everybody is saying the same thing.

Haha I try!

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, why are there so many cute young ones?! 

Dislciamer: I swear I'm not a weirdo 

Kang Haneul isn't even quite so young now. He's 30! But still so cute. He does have his oppa moments in his drama. Haha! if you are a weirdo we are all right there with you.

Edited by Jane
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Jane said:

Just as we were talking about Park Seo-jun! Totally forgot he is coming back with Youn' s Stay.

Thanks for the alert Jane & @LaLa, it does looked interesting, and yeah it's Lee Seo Jin come back. 

LSJ is oppa ahjussi that I admired. He always say whatever on his mind, but he's also warm & caring person. He always looked classy & elegant too, and he's going strong without married (he somewhat think its troublesome I supposed haha). I think he's interesting, and I like him since Marriage Contract drama. 

@Tofuur PSJ back too hahaha.... 

• Like 7

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif