16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

edit: I peeked at everyone’s answer and I had mistaken Kim Seon Ho for Kang Ha Neul?

I think Kang Ha Neul has a picture where he is hiding under his sweater too. I think the sweater was also around the same shade of color so I understand. :laugh:

15 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm surprised Park Seo Jun hasn't announced anything yet. But maybe he's just taking a break while covid still kind of sucks?

He filmed a movie recently (I think?) so maybe that will be what he focus on in 2021. I'm a little bummed out but I'm glad I'll get to see him in Youn's Kitchen and it'll be with his best friend (another actor I like), Choi Woo Shik too. 

15 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

This love affair extended quite long since I'm in university, until recently when he got married to Ruby Lin,

Wallace Huo! He is a very handsome man. I am not surprised that your love for him went on for many years. Haha! I agreed with you and @JenL about Taiwanese actors/actresses crossing over to Mainland China. It makes sense because there are more opportunities for work. I will support all of Jasper's journey as much as I can. Haha!

13 hours ago, Jane said:

HOLDDDD UP! HE IS 22?! I knew he was young but I didn't realised he was that young.

Haha! He is the cutest though! :smug: He doesn't look like he's 22 and is often teased about it onset. 

@mademoiselle - That clip of LSY and YJG. I've watched it at least a dozen times since it came out. Haha! I just looked at his age and he's a year older than LJW! :shocked2:

11 hours ago, Jane said:

Kang Haneul isn't even quite so young now. He's 30! But still so cute. He does have his oppa moments in his drama.

Recently someone told me they couldn't stan Kang Ha Neul because he's too young. I was like, "No, he is in his 30s, stan away!" LOL! Kang Ha Neul will play a father in The Moon Rising River (only a cameo though). :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I finally had time to watch the Youn's Stay preview. Ohhh Hanok style. I do like some traditional style surroundings and food. This means they'll have to go & learn more varieties of Korean food to cook for the guests (hopefully this means another cameo from Baek Jung Won). And I suppose I understand why Woo Shik was included this time - not just because he worked with Na PD before but he could speak English fluently and it'll help since their main guests are all foreigners. That makes 3 out of 5 that can confidently speak English fluently.

Something I noted from the preview is that some of the guests could hold chopsticks better than me (and correctly too!) :lol:

@Tofu The used-to-be-young Oppas are getting older and new ones arises! I was really 😲 by Lee Jae Wook's real age too after checking, because he didn't look like a 19 years old with his on-screen (MoA, Weather, WWW, EY) and off-screen styling at the time. Only when he played Jun, it was a lot more believable.

Yeo Jin Goo has a manly voice and he's mature so much that he's a man now hehehe. Definitely an Oppa! Same for Yoo Seung Ho (1993) although he still is a bit more boyish than Jin Goo.

Park Seo Joon was filming 2 movies - Dream and Concrete Utopia. Both looks promising. One is with IU and the other is with Park Bo Young and Lee Byung Hun. How can I not check it out?

Dramaland does need him back though.

---

So after all these years since his debut in 2011, Jasper hasn't gone to China to further his career? And only now he goes? :pandadisgusted: Sighhhh how long will fans have to wait for him to return? We need another Twogether sooonish.

• Haha 5
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Recently someone told me they couldn't stan Kang Ha Neul because he's too young. I was like, "No, he is in his 30s, stan away!" LOL! Kang Ha Neul will play a father in The Moon Rising River (only a cameo though). 

Hahaha! His is such an interesting face, it's not your typical baby face. But that wide grin just makes it so squishyyy! I think he will age very very well.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Only when he played Jun, it was a lot more believable.

I think the styling for Jun is the closet to his real style. Sometimes I feel like I'm looking at Jun's photo on LJW's Instagram. Haha!

Yeo Jin Goo has a manly voice and he's mature so much that he's a man now hehehe. Definitely an Oppa! Same for Yoo Seung Ho (1993) although he still is a bit more boyish than Jin Goo.

Haha, I don't know if I can see him as an oppa! I still remember him as the cute little boy who played the young Lee Joon Gi in Iljimae. 

Yoo Seung Ho! His drama this year wasn't the greatest so I hope he comes up with another one, maybe a sageuk? I tend to like him a lot when he does one of those. I don't know what my deal is, lately, I've been wanting to see everyone in a sageuk even though I'm not even watching any of the current sageuk out right now. :idk:

So after all these years since his debut in 2011, Jasper hasn't gone to China to further his career? And only now he goes? :pandadisgusted: Sighhhh how long will fans have to wait for him to return? We need another Twogether sooonish.

Yup! He left the agency he had been with for ten years back in 2019. Jasper set up his own independent label and that's when we started seeing him cast in more Mainland China projects. Before We Get Married gathered a lot of interest for him in Mainland China because the topic was so controversial (getting married but seeing someone else). I didn't watch that drama because that sort of topic doesn't interest me. I want Jasper to forever stay the guy with the broccoli hair -- can't have him tinted as the guy who cheats on his significant other. :laugh:

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The tracker officially start now!!! Happy collecting oppas!!! 

Hahahahaha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yoo Seung Ho! His drama this year wasn't the greatest so I hope he comes up with another one, maybe a sageuk? I tend to like him a lot when he does one of those. I don't know what my deal is, lately, I've been wanting to see everyone in a sageuk even though I'm not even watching any of the current sageuk out right now.

My fave YSH's drama had to be the Robot one. He was so adorable in there and such a good kisser, oh la la~. Master of the Mask I quite like but not entirely wow by it. Other than that all has been a miss. Memorist was painful to follow through.

LOL, if it is all sageuk that means most Havenites have nothing to watch. I can't handle too. Sageuk can be too heavy.

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The tracker officially start now!!! Happy collecting oppas!!! 

Oh yay! Can't wait to find out who will be my first 2021 Oppa!

I've basically collected all the good ones throughout my 10+ years of kdrama watching. Hard to find new Oppa.

@Thong Thin Hoho, interested in tracking your bias? I think you've adopted Kim Seon Ho last year. Who else? Will Im Siwan be the next? :wow:

• Haha 6
12 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think the styling for Jun is the closet to his real style. Sometimes I feel like I'm looking at Jun's photo on LJW's Instagram. Haha!

Hahaha @Tofu I'm actually sure one of the jackets he wore in DDSSLLS is actually his jacket. According to that fashion instagram that documents his outfits, he wore the same one in a behind the scenes in Extraordinary You!

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yup! He left the agency he had been with for ten years back in 2019. Jasper set up his own independent label and that's when we started seeing him cast in more Mainland China projects. Before We Get Married gathered a lot of interest for him in Mainland China because the topic was so controversial (getting married but seeing someone else). I didn't watch that drama because that sort of topic doesn't interest me. I want Jasper to forever stay the guy with the broccoli hair -- can't have him tinted as the guy who cheats on his significant other. 

Haha, yes! He did set up his own label and does his music through a bigger agency - Pourquoi pas. 

Ah, Before We Get Married ! Hahaha, I think to be honest people did not watch that drama for the story line, but more for the super risque bedroom scenes between Puff and Jasper :laugh: I think those Chinese dramas are not as daring as the Taiwanese dramas when it comes to risque.

The story line was problematic in many ways (Jasper's character was pretty disturbing in the first episodes) and quite makjang in my opinion....but I still watched it because Puff and Jasper have been my OTP since the dawn of time (Before We Get Married was their second project. But they worked on a drama together called Pleasantly Surprised years ago and I loooooooooooved them both on the same tier as DDSSLLS. Possibly more. But I knew the chemistry would be good because of the first drama and because they're good friends in real life :BulbaOWO::hearties:)

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yay! Can't wait to find out who will be my first 2021 Oppa!

I've basically collected all the good ones throughout my 10+ years of kdrama watching. Hard to find new Oppa.

Will they now have to be the new fresh ones? :laugh:

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

But they worked on a drama together called Pleasantly Surprised years ago and I loooooooooooved them both on the same tier as DDSSLLS.

I saw Pleasantly Surprised! Hahahaha. BUT, can't remember much of it apart from it happened in a restaurant and food is involved.

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Will they now have to be the new fresh ones?

:lol: I think they have higher chance than the older ones. I'm still waiting for that ONE drama/character to put some actors into the list e.g. Song Joong Ki. Runs away from ssteph...

• Haha 5

Eh how ...all the oppas I like right now are already my oppas...latest love is definitely Lee Do Hyun. I was so impressed with him in 18 Again. Now I am watching him in Sweet Home...He's just an excellent actor. Maybe I will adopt Im Si Wan soon. Though Run On is not my first drama of his...he's more swoony here. Maybe it is those distracting lips and his eyes...they have a way of piercing into your soul.  Such a nuanced actor. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

1 hour ago, Darkarcana said:

I like to keep mine...Evidence free. So no fiancé can put me to court for telling them that they are my one and only:eeeee:

How is your future husband going to know about your secret activities here? ahahahah...don't tell him anything

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I saw Pleasantly Surprised! Hahahaha. BUT, can't remember much of it apart from it happened in a restaurant and food is involved.

I think they have higher chance than the older ones. I'm still waiting for that ONE drama/character to put some actors into the list e.g. Song Joong Ki. Runs away from ssteph...

LOL Pleasantly Surprised was definitely not groundbreaking as a drama by any means :laugh: 

But again, it was one of those dramas that got under my skin back in 2013: There was a good cast chemistry (the cast still meet at the restaurant from the drama each year!), it was the drama I discovered an oppa that I knew I'd follow forever (Jasper), the main pair had that good teasing chemistry off-screen, which translated well into their cute romance on-screen and I watched it when I was stressed about uni, just like how DDSSLLS helped with getting over covid lockdown this year. Funny how some dramas are good to you personally because it fills a hole somehow. :thinking::hearties:

Haha, is Song Joon Ki not your oppa @mademoiselle? Admittedly, I'm not particularly drawn to him (Haha, please don't hurt me if you love him. I never watched DOTS and it's too late now that they're divorced :idk:)

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@abs-oluteMagree with @Janeeven if its your recycle existing oppas, you can put them, when your love coming back. 

I think I will put the oppa in the list, if I kept thinking about him, start collecting tons of pics of him, well you know all the symptoms in your heart 😂 

I'm thinking to adopt L, but I think I need to see first how is it going... 🤣

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

13 hours ago, JenL said:

LOL Pleasantly Surprised was definitely not groundbreaking as a drama by any means. But again, it was one of those dramas that got under my skin back in 2013: There was a good cast chemistry (the cast still meet at the restaurant from the drama each year!), it was the drama I discovered an oppa that I knew I'd follow forever (Jasper), the main pair had that good teasing chemistry off-screen, which translated well into their cute romance on-screen and I watched it when I was stressed about uni, just like how DDSSLLS helped with getting over covid lockdown this year. Funny how some dramas are good to you personally because it fills a hole somehow.

Haha, is Song Joon Ki not your oppa @mademoiselle? Admittedly, I'm not particularly drawn to him (Haha, please don't hurt me if you love him. I never watched DOTS and it's too late now that they're divorced)

I remember enjoying Pleasantly Surprised and liked both OTP but since it's so old that I can't remember much of it. And most likely didn't love it as much else I'd remember it way better because I remember In Time With You or Autumn Concerto's scenes a lot more & they were way older. That said Jasper's debuted in In Time With You, and he's always at the back of my mind since then — it's hard to forget a character named "Mei Nan (美男)" :laugh:

Hahaha, yeah, Song Joong Ki is not yet Oppa. I quite like Saya & his acting in Arthdal Chronicles though I'm still waiting for that one character that'd connect with my heart. There are a fair few well established actors out there that still hadn't made it in. Joo Won had the potential with Alice, but that drama crash & burn... :lol:. Meanwhile Ji Soo is in danger if his new drama with Kim So Hyun didn't work for me (again).

• Haha 3
52 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm thinking to adopt L, but I think I need to see first how is it going... 🤣

Did you get drawn in because of his abs in Secret Royal Inspector? :smug: 

39 minutes ago, Jane said:

First look of Kang Haneul as a Dad is out. But he looks no different, lol! So I am guessing it's flashback type scenes.

I think so, or his scenes are at the beginning to start off the story. If On Dal (Ji Soo's character) grows up without a father (which seems like it's going to be like that) it means that something bad happens to Kang Na Heul's character. I'm just glad to see him in something. 

@mademoiselle - Maybe Song Joong Ki's next drama will level him up for you? LOL!

• Haha 4
13 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I think so, or his scenes are at the beginning to start off the story. If On Dal (Ji Soo's character) grows up without a father (which seems like it's going to be like that) it means that something bad happens to Kang Na Heul's character. I'm just glad to see him in something. 

Let's hope he goes down fighting so we see some badass fighting scenes! Yes, I am glad he's coming to a screen soon. And we can look forward to Pirates 2 if it will be released this year! I bet the promotions will be a hoot with Kwang-soo and Se-hun in the mix.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@Tofu I'm definitely looking forward to putting SJK on my list & curious which project would be the one. He's got a movie and a drama. I doubt the movie will be the deciding factor, but hopefully I'll love his upcoming drama's character. *Fingers crossed*

@SilverMoonTea I didn't watch that one. I adopted Ji Soo very earlier on - either Angry Mom or Page Turner thinking he has potential but few years passed, he hasn't really done anything wow so yeah...

BTW, that is so random... going all the way back to 2014's drama? How did that even happen? So is he an Oppa yet? What about L?

I'm re-watching Misaeng instead. After so many years, it's still really good. I'm wondering if I'll see it differently this re-watch too.

@abs-oluteM Did Song Kang make it into the list? Or Katana guy got in instead :nervous:?

Spoiler

Totally miscalculated this! Hahahaha

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

@mademoiselle neither of Katana guy or Song Kang made it into my list yet though they both are very good in Sweet Home . Honestly I’m still in love with LDH . He was the only new oppa I picked up from 2020. The rest of the dramas are already oppas I love . So far no oppa has made me obsessed enough to go through all their shows . But I did have an Eric Mun revival @SilverMoonTea @Jane after The Spies Who Loved Me . I’m trying to watch that Chef show of his though it’s a bit strange 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@abs-oluteM :cry: Dang it. LOL LOL. He'll have to try harder with Love Alarm 2 and Navillera then, if you are even interested in those dramas.

Wait... Kim Min Jae didn't make it into the list? Or already an Oppa before Brahms?

Eric made it into my list after Oh Hae Young Again, but he hasn't had any dramas that were able to keep the love after 3 Meals A Day. Love is definitely fading. :psweatduck:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
27 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Wait... Kim Min Jae didn't make it into the list? Or already an Oppa before Brahms?

I already like him before Brahms though I did not sit through many of his dramas for a variety of reasons. I loved him that movie Love Sling , and I like him in Tempted ( though the drama was bad) . In DRTK 2 , I watched a lot of his clips  - his love line was the cutest.  Going forward, I will be looking out for his shows. 

Song Kang - Love Alarm 2 is not really my thing. But I am intrigued with Navillera - think I will check that one out.

I think maybe I might adopt Rowoon for his arms :smile:. He's looking lovely in the teasers. Little bit worried about WJA though ...she's not so good in romantic scenes

• Haha 4