8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@bairama You said you'll admire Oppa with me.

why why the video gives me vibe I should invite Oppa band for my nature wedding kinda white but bit casual theme (maybe) in the future laaaaaa~ateerrrrrr???!!!! :heart:

@Tofu I'M.. STARSTRUCKKK BY YU TU :wow2:

• Haha 8

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Who is Kim So Heon?

Because the ML didn't have the FL's consent to kiss her (and she never knew she was "violated" since ML freeze the time). In real life, I would agree but this is a show so I'm ok with it and know that in real life I shouldn't be kissing someone without consent and risk being sent to jail. Plus in the drama, the scenario for this kiss is quite sad (from the male lead's perspective). Have you seen this? Should watch it, it's fun - written by CLOY's writer (her first success).

The ahjussi said he's married and he said he'd never do this to his wife. He also has issue with hand-grabbing.

Opps, wrong name. Kim Seon Ho. The start-up guy.

I think the ahjussi probably has a very boring sex life. Not someone to emulate.

I have watched My Love from a Star, because everywhere you google for "best kdrama", they recommend it. The first few episodes were cute. I "tahan" until episode 10, then fast forwarded till the end. I've come to the conclusion that most kdramas that focus predominantly on romance doesn't appeal to me.

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

True la . My hubs also not that tall. He's 173cm (I am 164cm) but in Msia people say we're above average. LOL

ahahaaha but Ji Sung looks more manly ? ahaha dunno la.

You've got a good height @abs-oluteM. Your height with hubby just nice for kissing lol! I wish I was taller - am 1.6 :)

I think Hyun Bin's height 1.85m is probably true. SYJ is 1.65m - a whole head shorter without the heels.

Spoiler

E7ldCQeWYAENUzV?format=jpg&name=small

Haha, Ji Sung is 40+ but still looks very good. It would be interesting to see if all these 20+ year old actors now can grow to still be as impressive in 20 years.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
15 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Vitamin O - Oppa

Carrot - Vitamin A - eyesight.

Vitamin O - Oppa - motivation. :lmao2:

@Chocolate Ah. I was wondering if you meant him. His would be theatre. Jo Seung Wo is musical theatre, I believe. I'm more interested in musical more than theatre. That said, I think it is actually much nicer to watch it on TV purely because we sit so far we can't actually see the facial expression. I realised that when I watch Love Never Dies (AU production) on DVD. The Lion King though, the stage and costume design was really good.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 7
Just now, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Ah. I was wondering if you meant him. His would be theatre. Jo Seung Wo is musical theatre, I believe. I'm more interesting in musical more than theatre. That said, I think it is actually much nicer to watch it on TV purely because we sit so far we can't actually see the facial expression. I realised that when I watch Love Never Dies (AU production) on DVD. The Lion King though, the stage and costume design was really good.

Ah thanks for the tip. I'm not a big fan of theatre/musical, but I try to watch the highly acclaimed/popular ones when in the city. Just like sports. I've sat right at the back and right in front, and also realised to enjoy theatre/musical, the front is the best. So @mademoiselle eat a few less fine dining and sit in front hahahah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

Ah thanks for the tip. I'm not a big fan of theatre/musical, but I try to watch the highly acclaimed/popular ones when in the city. Just like sports. I've sat right at the back and right in front, and also realised to enjoy theatre/musical, the front is the best. So @mademoiselle eat a few less fine dining and sit in front hahahah!

I aimed for the front now except when Phantom of the Opera was on I wasn't on the front and someone big blocked my view. With Phantom you've to pick good spot too because Phantom appears from the top somewhere in one scene. For The Lion King and Aladdin, you can sit in the front :)

For ballet I think I will not sit in the front too near the stage anymore. I did that and I kept hearing the sound "tock tock tock" whenever the ballerina move around or landed back on the ground.

I'm more musical than ballet. Haven't tried theatre yet. I'm procrastinating about The Curse Child and Moulin Rouge is on right now which both I feel very unmotivated because of COVID.

For ballet I went to watch The Nutcracker and miss The Swan Lake (couldn't get a car park and decided to give up). I think my memory of the ballet looks nicer and more enjoyable on TV too, LOL. Plus for ballet, I honestly don't know what they were dancing about. :psweatduck:

Hahaha, I will not eat less. I can afford both front seats and fine dining. Both don't happen all the time so it's ok.

• Haha 8

@SilverMoonTea Are you now desperate for more SSH? xDDDD

It's not rubbish, just NOT my kind of storyline. Also don't feel there's anything special about it. He cheated on his wife with the FL and she cheated on her hub. He truly loved her though. I was traumatised a little at first but now I'm over it.

I think I took Kim Soo Hyun's explicit scenes way better than SSH's. Maybe because Obsessed came out before Real. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 4

@mademoiselleI watched halfway. It's quite aesthetic, and I like the beginning of the story. The 1960's setting also very pretty. But that romp in the car a bit too much lols. They didn't developed love line well, suddenly just making out in the car bwahaha... so it's a bit lost in connection. And wah it's quite obscene. 🙈

I like this 2 scenes. When they have picnic with other half and when he visited her at hospital with bucket of flowers. She's bossing him around and he don't mind it. 

20210802-190550.jpg

It's kinda reminded me of Love Affair in The Afternoon, cheating on the close knit relationship. @abs-oluteM

20210802-190532.jpg

I will continue it someday lols. Not today. 

• Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 minute ago, SilverMoonTea said:

It's kinda reminded me of Love Affair in The Afternoon, cheating on the close knit relationship. @abs-oluteM

No wonder you like this show ...ahem....

-------------

Handsome lost  a lot of weight for his new drama @ktcjdrama @Tofu

His pictorial for Elle 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSEPvaGJHfx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

E7x_TkyVkAMkdAU?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

3 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm watching When Man Falls in Love @abs-oluteMand straight away saw YWJ. He's quite cute with glasses. 

You finally watching this drama? I was wondering when you will start this one for SSH. 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Handsome lost  a lot of weight for his new drama

Indeed he lost some weight... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Madem said this is rubbish drama :lmao2:. But I'm desperate, so I ignored her warning. So I guess if this is bad, madem will said "I already told ya!" :laugh:

But you're not watching the drama... you're watching the ML, so go for it! :smug:

@mademoiselle @abs-oluteM my first love Andy Lau is also in the shorter league... :laugh: but love him still...

• Haha 7

MTDzeiV.gif

30 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

But you're not watching the drama... you're watching the ML, so go for it! :smug:

Ikr lols. Ui Joo from MHM also here haha. Actually chemie between SSH and SSK not too bad. 

Well even for him Time Slip Dr Jin I think is quite bad storywise. Don't think can rewatch it. 

@mademoiselleBtw few days ago I rewatched Black. Actually is quite good. Its just the ending is a bit not make sense. It said he will be erased from underworld but how come he can still be grim reaper who pick up her soul when she died. 

• Haha 6

On 7/30/2021 at 6:05 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks for this collection @JenL. So cute

On 7/27/2021 at 9:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

Yeah you did well and found so many. :jiminbtslove:

Haha, Thank you. I'm sure there's many more stripy jumpers to look out for! :MonkaTang:

On 7/27/2021 at 9:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

I am shocked that there are so many who wore the neon green version. Personally I'm not an orange person so that definitely is not a colour I'd pick but agree that it is less offensive than the purple red. That combination is just hideous.

Me too! :lettalKWA: It's such a weird colour combination. But I guess still less offensive than the red and purple jumper combination. :idk: Haha, I don't like orange as a colour either (dark orange makes me feel sick), but for some weird reason, I feel it works with this jumper combination.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL

I found another one

Hahaha you already proved my point. Need to add into a jumper collage :laugh:

On 7/30/2021 at 6:09 PM, mademoiselle said:

Not even new generation. I remember there was a male Soompier (claiming he is Ahjussi age) making a SUPER BIG fuss about something like this. We were all "awww" about the frozen kiss scene in You Who Came From the Star but he was disgusted because Do Min Joon didn't get Song Yi's consent for the kiss. 

I can't remember the kiss from My Love from Another Star, but just watched that clip from Secret posted before ....and ughhh....did not look right with the romantic song on top :BulbaConfused: Looks like she was not enjoying herself at all, more like she was being forced into it. It's not a good kiss if she's trying to squirm out of it...I mean, she shouldn't look repulsed right? :ChikoWTF:

On 7/30/2021 at 6:10 PM, Chocolate said:

These days everything is too politically correct. It takes the romance out of it.

But was that scene from Secret really romantic?! :lettalKWA: Isn't it more romantic if she actually responds accordingly to show she likes the guy and is in the moment? I have no context of the storyline, but on visual alone - Here it looks like the guy either has low social skills because he's not realising she's not into him at all or he's a bad kisser or has bad breath because she's trying really really hard to get away :PikachuFacePalm: I tend to like my guys with good social skills/ respect/ good kissing skills and minty freshness so the moment is enjoyable, not spent trying to escape ? :psweatduck::laugh:

On 7/30/2021 at 6:15 PM, mademoiselle said:

But now I'm forever remembering this Soompier's comment. LOL  :GengarPout:

Haha, what was that Soompi ajusshi talking about though?! This kiss is fine. But just bad Kdrama frozen style. :idk: 

On 7/30/2021 at 6:16 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway these days the broadcasters are very sensitive about these things since the knets can get riled up over anything. 

On 7/30/2021 at 6:18 PM, mademoiselle said:

I don't think it's Knets that's making the fuss. It's more the international viewers.

I do think it's good people are more aware of these things though - if you've ever known someone who was assaulted, it's not fun for them to have to relive those moments even in entertainment :letalQQ: Also,  it's good to be critical of storylines/ themes etc otherwise those stereotypical 90's dramas would never have developed. But it would be nice not to have 'cancel culture' and really angry stans cancelling things they don't agree with - it is good to be able to discuss things that people might not agree about. 

But I think it's actually Knetz with more power than international audiences anyway since TV ratings still important.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:23 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Ya its a bit serious affair between us. See even July no new oppa acquisition 😂 I might have found myself my forever oppa, but no one believe me :JuiceGhost:

Haha, I don't believe you :laugh: I give it a month :lenny:  Anyone else want to place bets for when this crush will end? :pandatakeit:

On 7/30/2021 at 6:28 PM, Chocolate said:

Actually, they are the normal height for regular asian men. It's just that there are some actors who are exceptionally tall for asians - 185cm. It's a wonder they don't get neck pain from the kiss scenes lol.

Hahaha all my favourite Oppas are around 180-190cm :cool: Some of the actresses are tall too though - there's a few around the 170cm height which is pretty tall 

• Haha 7

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

7 minutes ago, JenL said:

Haha, I don't believe you :laugh: I give it a month :lenny:  Anyone else want to place bets for when this crush will end? :pandatakeit:

I just started another of his old drama. This will last 1 more week at least haha....

I lost appetite to other oppa le.... Well CJH's smile in TWD swayed me a bit :JuiceGhost: And Yang Yang handsomeness not working for me :idk: 

So this is quite serious 🚨

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, JenL said:

I can't remember the kiss from My Love from Another Star, but just watched that clip from Secret posted before ....and ughhh....did not look right with the romantic song on top :BulbaConfused: Looks like she was not enjoying herself at all, more like she was being forced into it. It's not a good kiss if she's trying to squirm out of it...I mean, she shouldn't look repulsed right? :ChikoWTF:

But was that scene from Secret really romantic?! :lettalKWA: Isn't it more romantic if she actually responds accordingly to show she likes the guy and is in the moment? I have no context of the storyline, but on visual alone - Here it looks like the guy either has low social skills because he's not realising she's not into him at all or he's a bad kisser or has bad breath because she's trying really really hard to get away :PikachuFacePalm: I tend to like my guys with good social skills/ respect/ good kissing skills and minty freshness so the moment is enjoyable, not spent trying to escape ? :psweatduck::laugh:

The way I see it, there are 3 kinds of scenarios:

1. The guy doesn't know the girl (or are just acquaintances) and forces the kiss on her

- NO

2. Guy and girl are friendly but there is no romantic feelings between them

- NO generally

- MAYBE, if the guy is super handsome lol! (and for @JenL does not have bad breath hahaha)

3. There is attraction between guy and girl

- YES!

For Secret Love, it's scenario 3. The FL in this case is not really pushing him off because she didn't want to kiss him. She was just caught by surprise and her nature is not the "grab and kiss him back hard" type. You can see that when he kissed her gently the second time, she kissed him back.

I do understand that this is not a popular opinion these days. But I really dislike the idea of asking first. Maybe because I once got that question and by reflex, I said NO when I meant YES! 😭😂

• Haha 7
28 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

But I really dislike the idea of asking first. Maybe because I once got that question and by reflex, I said NO when I meant YES!

:laugh: I totally understand what you mean by this. If anyone were to ask me, my answer would be a NO too, even for holding hands, haha... and even if it's a guy I'm totally crushing on... So anyway, did you eventually get that kiss? You can just quietly whisper the answer to me if you don't want too many people to know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Yang Yang handsomeness is not the only charm why I'm star-struck with his character in drama. The way he acts as aerospace engineer who is good game player + have a new dream to be with star Jingjing (that he just conquered the love for her) is just.. *chef's kiss :pandajustright: his micro expressions with the storyline make my heartbeat faster.

I still can't over my giddiness!!!

E7ycMhKVUAAuAq3?format=jpg&name=large

E7WDa58VcAITI9-?format=jpg&name=large

Oh my.. How I survive after this..

E7WXbWWVIAM6sFa?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 6

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:
12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

i use to think he age nicely, however recently seeing him....im seeing 'botox' all over his feature ><"

Really? I thought he aged nicely too. I have to go search for his recent pictures. Maybe can’t help it because he is a celebrity after all. Have to take care of appearance 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1

MTDzeiV.gif