@Tofu @SilverMoonTea that tier.. Aihh not really helping my system is quite different but I have to agree for urge to camp and build or camp in shrine for it must be the very highest

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@ktcjdrama Hahahahaha... I think @bairama has already caved. She's just channelling @Chocolate in denial and pretending they are loyal to their one God/VIP Oppa of the sort :smug:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA my dramasaffair :680695677_HalloweenChampion2020::laugh:

• Haha 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Shrines on JH and at home are different though! I took that inspiration from Sushi with LSG and from the fans that were in Twogether because that show was mentioned recently. Anyone who has a shrine at their home or has thought about it, that oppa is God-Tier. Hahaha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Tofu said:

Shrines on JH and at home are different though! I took that inspiration from Sushi with LSG and from the fans that were in Twogether because that show was mentioned recently. Anyone who has a shrine at their home or has thought about it, that oppa is God-Tier. Hahaha!

What does that mean??

---

We have made @SilverMoonTea so rich that she has finally bought the extra chaebol version of Voice couple badge LOL

• Haha 5

@Tofu Yes me, I like Nam Da Reum.

On 8/28/2021 at 11:17 PM, Tofu said:

Based on @JenL's tier structure, I have taken note of the following:

Eye Candy Tier - You like what you see. 

Significant Tier - You like what you see, you've done research on them, watched a couple of their projects, and stay updated on them whenever they are promoting. 

VIP Tier - You like what you see, done extensive research on them, watched all their projects regardless of reviews, anticipate their new projects, and have a folder with pictures, gifs, etc. of them. You have their photos printed out, celebrate their birthdays, and will gladly attend a fan meet/concert. 

God Tier (added from @abs-oluteM) - All the other tiers, plus you've contemplated creating a shrine for them in your home. They are untouchable in your eyes because if you have two oppas with dramas out, you will always choose them first.

@bairama My system is blurry. Let's say for Oppa I really like, it only includes JenL's:

• done extensive research on them,
  • watched all their projects regardless of reviews,
  • anticipate their new projects, and have a folder with pictures, gifs, etc. of them.
  • You have their photos printed out, celebrate their birthdays, and will gladly attend a fan meet/concert.

Since I have many Oppa, I can't keep 100% updated with them. I don't print out hard-copy photos because that would occupy space. Rather than a physical shrine, maybe you can see it as a digital one calculated in terabytes. I also don't celebrate their birthdays or attend any FM/concert and have only ever contemplated of going but had never actually been motivated enough to do it. Since I have a job, I can't fit my annual leave based on Oppa's activities. The stars will have to align for the both of us for an FM/concert thing to happen. I don't watch all their projects—I will watch the previous up to a certain time frame and draw the line there. Oh, even though I may love my Oppa very much, I don't participate in any form of votings or help my Oppa gain more clicks/views on YouTube.

My Oppa fangirling is pretty minimalism and doesn't require spending money, although lots of time and effort can be invested. I think @JenL should also add a couple more criteria to VIP tier such as:

• blog/spazz/analyse (about) them
  • learn new skills because of Oppa e.g. making GIFs and FMVs
  • subbed their videos / translate articles

I believe the above are what Jen did for LJW and Jasper. And then there are:

• open new spazzing SMS accounts or join SMS you weren't interested before e.g. TikTok, IG
  • follow people or a/c they follow on SMS

It would be quick to lose the love if Oppa disappears from the silver screen too long and only do one project a year and the rest of their times doing my pet peeves: most of their time spent on CF endorsement or holds global concert/FM tours and releasing albums/CDs. I see that as milking their fans because their reason for releasing the album is mostly "It is a gift for the fans" but my argument would be: "If it is a gift for fans why do they have to buy it?" I also believe they should just focus on acting if their main job is an actor, not singer or idol.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:23 AM, bairama said:

@mademoiselle I thought LMH will be in your God-tier smh? 😂 But to camp in shrine is not your requirement for it, what's then? Bit curiousssss hahahaha

What give you this impression? xDDD God tier by description doesn't apply to me. But I've done my fair share of “obsessive behaviour” back in the days...

Spoiler

LMH is... complicated love. :lmao2: I loved him most between City Hunter to Faith era. Lost it after Heirs. Found some love back when he did TKEM and faded again after spending some time at his actor thread. Plus there are many more fresh meat Oppa to deserving my love, no need to focus only on one fish :idk:. In this (virtual) aspect, love doesn't make him/any Oppa fonder when they are away for too long.

However, he has given me very unforgettable experiences - good & bad. So it is fair to say that coz of him, I've experienced the following:

1. visit the forums religiously (although this reason have now changed for JH)
  2. met new friends as well as shippers, trolls & haters
  3. argue/defend LMH (black history - never again!) :pandablind:
  4. getting bashed by his own Minoz in that forums :KittyMummy:
  5. done extensive research on him (but still don't know to this day who his father is & whether he's alive)
  6. watch all of his projects since 2010 (BOF)
  7. anticipate his new projects & have folders of him
  8. downloaded different versions/sizes of his drama (I see this trait in @Chocolate for HB :laugh:)
  9. blog/spazz about him
  10. learnt new skills
  11. translations
  12. analyse, recap his drama
  13. write reviews of his projects
  14. Harrassed by shippers

Now, I've done similar for other oppa too except no #2, 3, 4, 10, 12.  For #14, that's specifically from JCW/PMY-Healer shippers.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@bairama My system is blurry. Let's say for Oppa I really like, it only includes JenL's:

• done extensive research on them,
  • watched all their projects regardless of reviews,
  • anticipate their new projects, and have a folder with pictures, gifs, etc. of them.
  • You have their photos printed out, celebrate their birthdays, and will gladly attend a fan meet/concert.

Since I have many Oppa, I can't keep 100% updated about them. I don't print out hard-copy photos because that would occupy space. Rather than a physical shrine, maybe you can see it as a digital one calculated in terabytes. I also don't celebrate their birthdays or attend any FM/concert and have only ever contemplated of going but had never actually been motivated enough to do it. Since I have a job I can't fit my annual leave based on Oppa's activities. The stars will have to align for the both of us for a FM/concert thing to happen. I don't watch all their projects - I will watch the previous up to a certain time frame and draw the line there. Oh, even though I may love my Oppa very much, I don't participate in any form of votings or help my Oppa gain more clicks/views on YouTube.

OOOH I love this explanation writing you should know, moi. I'll quote this hahahahaha

I don't print out hard-copy photos because that would occupy space. Rather than a physical shrine, maybe you can see it as a digital one calculated in terabytes. I also don't celebrate their birthdays or attend any FM/concert and have only ever contemplated of going but had never actually been motivated enough to do it. Since I have a job I can't fit my annual leave based on Oppa's activities. The stars will have to align for the both of us for a FM/concert thing to happen. I don't watch all their projects - I will watch the previous up to a certain time frame and draw the line there. Oh, even though I may love my Oppa very much, I don't participate in any form of votings or help my Oppa gain more clicks/views on YouTube.

I really can see myself here lols

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

What gives you this impression? xDDD God tier by description doesn't apply to me. But I've done my fair share of "obsessive behaviour" back in the days...

gawd I remember my time shamelessly in badge contest previous forum & that I offered LMH badge, the legendary noodle one. By glance I see you were so dedicated there. Find that adorable 👏❤ I was so glad you ended up join the add & subtract game too there. But now thank you I know you deeper, I guess can really understand your fair share, what an experience :wow: (that you wouldn't want it back, hahahahaha)

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Lol he was the first if we consider engaging others & fangirl online. Maybe back then VIP Tier but still no shrine at home for him. He's now in the frozen palace 🤣🤣🤣🤣 if we use my emperor analogy.

Emperor analogy still gets me :psweatduck::laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Causal fans can still have oppas in God-tier too. Haha! But really, some fans are crazy. 

Reveal hidden contents

There are even fans defending Kris Wu. :SquirtlePuke:

:jiminbtssigh: I think I'll leave God tier for the cray cray ones, thank you. LOL.

Spoiler

Woah, really Kris Wu too? Not surprise because there are fans still blindly support Seungri & PYC.

6 minutes ago, bairama said:

gawd I remember my time shamelessly in badge contest previous forum & offer LMH badge, the legendary noodle one. By glance I see you were so dedicated there. Find that adorable 👏❤ I was so glad you ended up join the add & subtract game too there. But now thank you I know you deeper, I guess can really understand your fair share, what an experience :wow: (that you wouldn't want it back, hahahahaha)

Hahaha yes I remember your badge. It made a strong impression and very well done. By that time we were spazzing on IONTBO together and in Discord. xD

E96f2EdVEAAACdC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

What's wrong with the eyebrows? LOLLL. This shot makes me feel like quoting, "Bond. YangYang Bond" :lmao2: Seriously why does his parents give him a name sound similar to his surname? Like Lang Lang. :jiminbtssigh:

• Haha 4
16 hours ago, Tofu said:

VIP Tier - You like what you see, done extensive research on them, watched all their projects regardless of reviews, anticipate their new projects, and have a folder with pictures, gifs, etc. of them. You have their photos printed out, celebrate their birthdays, and will gladly attend a fan meet/concert. 

God Tier (added from @abs-oluteM) - All the other tiers, plus you've contemplated creating a shrine for them in your home. They are untouchable in your eyes because if you have two oppas with dramas out, you will always choose them first. 

I can relate except :

• You have their photos printed out

• celebrate their birthdays - buy cake/bake cake, send cake/gifts to oppa. NO.

(I wrote a letter for his birthday twice and sent it through fan project, that's all 😁)

• will gladly attend a fan meet/concert - no. Enough to see photos, clips, report from fans who attend the fan meet 😁

• creating a shrine for them in your home. I don't collect his merchandise. I only have 3 novels related to his drama/movie (Sungkyunkwan Scandal, A Werewolf Boy, Tree with Deep Roots).

I like SJK so much but I have my principles and my own way on how to show support and love for him. That's why I feel like I am not a hard core fan compare to his other fans :laugh:

@mademoiselle I read your post above. I think we are similar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha yes I remember your badge. It made a strong impression and very well done. By that time we were spazzing on IONTBO together and in Discord. xD

😍 those times 😂😂😂 flyyy XD

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

What's wrong with the eyebrows? LOLLL. This shot makes me feel like quoting, "Bond. YangYang Bond" :lmao2: Seriously why does his parents give him a name sound similar to his surname? Like Lang Lang. :jiminbtssigh:

LOLLLL the face with that heavy eyebrow pose + the body language much more like flexing too much "I'm so handsome & hot you know" which makes him less handsome? 😅

Hahahahahaha :laugh:

I listens FKJ - Ylang Ylang too much in anywhere like YT music, Spotify, etc.

When I tried to search Yang Yang, the auto-suggestion makes it types Ylang Ylang instead at first. Aigooo. Hahaha.

If I find enough photoshoots bts of him that will mix well with Ylang Ylang I think I'm gonna make one fmv with the song for him 😳

When the day comes, its clear that YY upgraded to VIP. But the WHEN is still in question 😂

Searching up his names is often mixed with another Yang Yang (Kpop group, Idk, NCT? Sorry) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

1 hour ago, ssteph said:

I can relate except :

• You have their photos printed out

• celebrate their birthdays - buy cake/bake cake, send cake/gifts to oppa. NO.

(I wrote a letter for his birthday twice and sent it through fan project, that's all 😁)

• will gladly attend a fan meet/concert - no. Enough to see photos, clips, report from fans who attend the fan meet 😁

• creating a shrine for them in your home. I don't collect his merchandise. I only have 3 novels related to his drama/movie (Sungkyunkwan Scandal, A Werewolf Boy, Tree with Deep Roots).

I like SJK so much but I have my principles and my own way on how to show support and love for him. That's why I feel like I am not a hard core fan compare to his other fans :laugh:

@mademoiselle I read your post above. I think we are similar.

Are the novels in Korean or in language you can understand? I was close to wanting to buy Goblin (translated to Chinese) but by the time it came out, I was over it so I ended up not getting. Plus I read that there was no additional contents on Shin's inner thoughts (which is what I'm most interested in) so I decided not to get it.

I did buy the original novels of Personal Taste and Love in the Moonlight. Both novels were better than the dramas. And @Tofu Jin Young's character didn't die in the novel! He was alive but just lost his memory and he was able to live happily not remembering his past. I also prefer the ending for the OTP. I'd have been happy if the drama followed the novel closely. Tsk.

1 hour ago, bairama said:

LOLLLL the face with that heavy eyebrow pose + the body language much more like flexing too much "I'm so handsome & hot you know" which makes him less handsome?

Ahh I get what you mean. But still handsome.

1 hour ago, bairama said:

When the day comes, its clear that YY upgraded to VIP. But the WHEN is still in question 😂

Searching up his names is often mixed with another Yang Yang (Kpop group, Idk, NCT? Sorry)

I think he's already in there. LOL. You've spent enough time on making FMV involving him & Dilraba. Yeah the KPOP idol also called YY. I search using his chinese name instead. IDK who this guy is. I know NCT by group but I dunno the member names or faces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1