14 minutes ago, ssteph said:

Maybe... No longer my oppa 😅

What? Nooooo...don't say that. :psweatduck:Is it because your heart has changed to Jung Hae In? 

28 minutes ago, JenL said:

he turns up in uniform  :lenny:

IKR...This is like how some hen's party looks like :lmao2:...sorry...my imagination ran wild there. 

I don't know if I will pay any money to go for fan meets. I won't mind for concerts.

Happy weekend @twink_twink_!

@mademoiselle Poor Rowoon. I hope he can focus more on his acting career then...back injuries are no joke. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What? Nooooo...don't say that. Is it because your heart has changed to Jung Hae In? 

IKR...This is like how some hen's party looks like ...sorry...my imagination ran wild there. 

I don't know if I will pay any money to go for fan meets. I won't mind for concerts.

Happy weekend @twink_twink_!

@mademoiselle Poor Rowoon. I hope he can focus more on his acting career then...back injuries are no joke. 

giphy.gif

hai @abs-oluteM :yayaya:chingu, have a pleasant day. 😍

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Damn this one is so close yet so far! 

Hahaha so jealous of these fan girls that got to go to this Lee Je Hoon fan meet. He's so adorable. 

ALSO the man know how to get his fans riled up....he turns up in uniform  

@JenL wow. :cool: when he finally showed up, thunderous screams were heard from the throngs of fans. :Party01:

Altruistic-Powerless-Amethystsunbird-siz

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

21 hours ago, ssteph said:

Maybe... No longer my oppa 😅

Whaaaaaa? I didn't think this day would come since you were so adamant you only love SJK on page 1. You must now update page 1 of this thread! Hahaha!

6 hours ago, ssteph said:

Yes. My oppa charts now :

1. JHI (⬆️ +1)

2. SJK (⬇️ -1)

Seems I can't have two oppas at the same time 😂

This still means he is your Oppa though. I thought you had completely de-Oppa him! Waiting for @Chocolate to do the same, muahahahahahahaha!

21 hours ago, JenL said:

I don't think I've run into any Korean celebrities either :letalQQ: I've run into plenty of Australian celebrities due to the nature of work (Me, having spent too long in Kdramaland and never watching Australian/ US shows: Who is this? :laugh:) and occasionally the odd US celebrity. And I have done the fan meets for Taiwanese celebrities...but I hope to see my Korean Oppas in real life one day!

Which Aussie celebs did you meet? Any big names such as Hugh Jackman, Chris Hemworth & Nicole Kidman? And who from the US? I've seen a supporting actor looooong time ago who appeared in Neighbours. I've also worked with/know two aspiring young kids who said they have appeared in Neighbours before. I think if many many years ago these Western celebs appear before me I'd be more starstruck but now... meh. Haha. Oh oh, I actually saw John Cleese in Sydney in a restaurant. We didn't disturb him by asking for photograph or signature.

21 hours ago, JenL said:

I need one of my Oppas to do a fan meet in Malaysia when I'm there. These thing happen in Malaysia too right? :thinking: I have never asked my cousins because I don't want them to know the true level of fan girl I actually am

Yes they do go to Malaysia. Not as often, they go to Taiwan, PH, Singapore, Thailand and Japan the most for Asian countries.

21 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I have faith for the both of us @mademoiselle....that one day you'll meet Rowoon....wow, it's only his first fann meet? As a solo artist I assume?

Yep, his first solo FM. I think FNC will soon pull him out of SF9. I mean, the time has come because the older Hyungs have gone to the army. Soon they will all embark on solo career. Rowoon has the most established career as an actor, no doubt he'll fly solo first and has the markets to host an FM to rack in more $$$ for FNC. What I'm most surprised is in this Manila FM, he only sang one song (Affection's OST) and that's it.

21 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, wow your friend ran into Suzy?! That's a big name to run into! :lettalKWA: My friend saw Song Joong ki (whose Oppa is this? @ssteph?) when he was promoting a film in Korea. He walked across the street and she saw from the cafe above and took photos from her vantage point :laugh: 

I also just saw this post on twitter. Imagine running into a big star on holidays or in your home country....

Sigh. So luckyyyy! When I was in Seoul, I walked past the place that apparently Park Bo Gum was caught on camera being there having tea. But I didn't know he was there UNTIL I went back to accommodation! PBG is at Paris for CELINE show, along with Lisa from Black Pink and V from BTS. There will be lotsa fangirls there for sure.

20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The actors can't hold a concert so they mostly only do FMs. Although I thought Rowoon could at least sing a few more songs since he can sing and dance.

20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yeah I like actor Rowoon although I do miss dancing Rowoon. He can sing too, so he can sing for OST if not release a solo album. But, FMs are back and getting in the way of him making more dramas! :GengarPout:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

This still means he is your Oppa though. I thought you had completely de-Oppa him! 

Maybe the situation is like this we like an oppa but we don't call ourselves a fan. Even if I am no longer his fan, I will always respect him.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Wah, never thought it would happen 🤣🤣🤣 How many years has it been?

7 years. I can't reach 10 years ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
18 minutes ago, ssteph said:

7 years. I can't reach 10 years

😆 you had a 7 years itch.

19 minutes ago, ssteph said:

Maybe the situation is like this we like an oppa but we don't call ourselves a fan. Even if I am no longer his fan, I will always respect him.

This sounds serious. 😳

• Haha 5
8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Sometimes for some people...two weeks is a miracle! :laugh:

:thinking: I wonder who these people are... :laugh:

P.S. Up there I said actors can't hold concert but now I remember LMH actually did. A world tour even, after releasing an album. :psweatduck:. I suppose in this sense Rowoon can do it too since he's true and true an all-rounder, same for GOT7's Park Jin Young who can even compose and play instruments. Have you heard his OST for Yumi's Cells 2? It's niceeee.

• Haha 5
  • Party! 1
23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

IKR...This is like how some hen's party looks like :lmao2:...sorry...my imagination ran wild there. 

Hahahahaha, YES. This is exactly what I was thinking :laugh: 

That man knows what we want and he is not afraid to deliver :cool:

As for fan meets, I can't say I've ever been to a paid one. I've only ever gone to the free TV station ones in Taipei and then 1 of Jasper's concerts when he was a guitarist in an Indie band. I like the Taiwanese TV station fan meets for the end of a drama because it feels like you're celebrating a drama you like and the stars are also into it because it's like the last time they're hanging out with their drama team.And you get to meet the whole cast (ie. sometimes future actors you'll like, not just one actor)...Also those fan meets were often combined with a free signing (provided you buy said book/ magazine etc) . :heart:

I suppose I would go to a paid one if I was really really into an actor. I did once buy a ticket to a Park Hyung Sik fan meet in Taipei, but then there was a Taiphoon and my flight got cancelled so I didn't go and got a refund. :letalQQ: 

9 hours ago, ssteph said:

Yes. My oppa charts now :

1. JHI (⬆️ +1)

2. SJK (⬇️ -1)

Seems I can't have two oppas at the same time 😂

I am SHOCKED  :lettalKWA:

I remember hearing that there would be no other for you ....But now I know we have corrupted you. Well JHI has anyway :pandaevil:

:laugh:

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Which Aussie celebs did you meet? Any big names such as Hugh Jackman, Chris Hemworth & Nicole Kidman? And who from the US? I've seen a supporting actor looooong time ago who appeared in Neighbours. I've also worked with/know two aspiring young kids who said they have appeared in Neighbours before. I think if many many years ago these Western celebs appear before me I'd be more starstruck but now... meh. Haha. Oh oh, I actually saw John Cleese in Sydney in a restaurant. We didn't disturb him by asking for photograph or signature.

Hahaha, one of my friends has been in neighbours, but only as a cameo chief for a few eps.  :laugh: 

Seeing John Cleese is pretty cool! He's such a important established actor. I've never seen Hugh Jackman, but one of my workmates was in a muscial with him for a long time. Said he was real friendly and lovely. Aussie celebs I've seen in person: Eric Bana, Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving, Rachel Griffiths, Sam Worthington, Ed Oxenbould, Li Cun Xun (author of the book  & subject of  the film Mao's Last Dancer) and Geoffrey Rush (before he was cancelled for his assulting of women). Haha, I'm not sure if I'm starstruck either since it's not like running into my Oppas but still it's nice when you do see them and the great thing is that they're often just chill and being their normal selves.

I feel like I should have met some US actors before (at least side actors), but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I have met  Tim Burton (director) and  Kevin Kwan (author of Crazy Rich Asians...This was when he books were well known, but before the films were ever made). This is a strange assortment of people, but they all made an impression on me in real life, so maybe that's why I remember them. And then there are people I missed like Katy Perry and Oprah! :nervous:

You know who's moving to Australia soon? Ryan Gosling! Now that's who I'd like to run into :lol:

Yes they do go to Malaysia. Not as often, they go to Taiwan, PH, Singapore, Thailand and Japan the most for Asian countries.

Yeah , I feel like it happens but it's rare! Jasper Liu and Annie Chen were once there for a film opening fan meet. And I was in the country, but couldn't go due to a wedding :letalQQ:

Sigh. So luckyyyy! When I was in Seoul, I walked past the place that apparently Park Bo Gum was caught on camera being there having tea. But I didn't know he was there UNTIL I went back to accommodation!

Oh noooo, that's so sad. It couldn't have been you in that photo (with Seoul as the background). I feel like this is the type of thing that happens to me a lot. 

Hahaha, or even worse, I'd run into them and wouldn't even know who they are :laugh:  I ran into Naomi Wantanabe (comedian/ actress/ fashion line designer: https://www.instagram.com/watanabenaomi703/) in Taiwan at a cafe and had no idea who she was. But I took a photo of her because she had a whole crew doing a photoshoot for her so I thought she must be someone important. And then sure enough when I showed my sister, she couldn't believe I didn't know :idk:

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Hahahaha, if it ever happens, I won't be announcing it here for sure lol.

Hahaha probably a smart move :lol:

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Sometimes for some people...two weeks is a miracle! :laugh:

Hahahah @SilverMoonTea are your ears itchy? Some people are gossiping about you :laugh:

14 hours ago, twink_twink_ said:

@JenL wow. :cool: when he finally showed up, thunderous screams were heard from the throngs of fans. :Party01:

I would be one of those fan girls :laugh::heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Awesome 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Ed Oxenbould

I had to Google him :laugh:. And, I did not know Sam Worthington is Aussie.

16 hours ago, JenL said:

You know who's moving to Australia soon? Ryan Gosling! Now that's who I'd like to run into

Ahahaha. Why is he relocating to Australia?

16 hours ago, JenL said:

I ran into Naomi Wantanabe (comedian/ actress/ fashion line designer: https://www.instagram.com/watanabenaomi703/) in Taiwan at a cafe and had no idea who she was.

This one I had to Google as well but I saw a Hairspray photo in the IG so if she's the hairspray's FL in the movie then I suppose I do know her by "visual" - but I probably won't realise it is her on the street.

You know, I might have bumped into Ju Ji Hoon in Seoul. The guy was so well-dressed, hairstyle matches JJH's too. I also remember the guy smelled nice (cologne) when he walked past me on the street. BUT, I cannot confirm. At the time I don't know JJH at all and it was before I watched him in Along with the Gods. I just thought to myself this tall guy looks like a celebrity I've seen before. :nervous: He just didn't look like any other male Koreans on the street, y'know? xDDDD

• Like 2
  • Party! 1
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I wasn't aware he has gained weight! xD He looks the same to me as he was in Run On.

I felt that in the last short KBS drama I saw him in he put on some weight. 

Anyhow , I think he will be enlisting soon...:nervous:...he's 28 this year and there was questions during the press con about it though the article didn't give a firm answer. What's the latest age they need to enlist?

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM 28. SK changed the rules. Used to be by 30.

FYI. LOL

Does BTS have to go to the military?

A popular question surrounding BTS, the phenomenal K-Pop group that took the world by storm, is whether or not they will have to do compulsory military service. The answer is in what is popularly known as the “BTS Law”, a revision of Korea’s Military Service Act. 

According to this, those who have received recognition from the government for helping enhance the country’s cultural influence worldwide can opt to defer their military service. BTS may be able to request a postponement of their enlistment because all group members meet that condition.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 1
On 6/27/2022 at 10:20 AM, JenL said:

I ran into Naomi Wantanabe (comedian/ actress/ fashion line designer: https://www.instagram.com/watanabenaomi703/) in Taiwan at a cafe and had no idea who she was. But I took a photo of her because she had a whole crew doing a photoshoot for her so I thought she must be someone important. And then sure enough when I showed my sister, she couldn't believe I didn't know 

I love Naomi Watanabe! She's so cute and exude so much confidence. I can never wear any of the things she does, but I admire her for that. 

@SilverMoonTea Since you have nothing to watch, I thought I would let you know that Wu Lei's drama is premiering on July 5th. Feel free to watch the greatness of Wu Lei with me. :laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Party! 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I love Naomi Watanabe! She's so cute and exude so much confidence. I can never wear any of the things she does, but I admire her for that. 

@SilverMoonTea Since you have nothing to watch, I thought I would let you know that Wu Lei's drama is premiering on July 5th. Feel free to watch the greatness of Wu Lei with me. :laugh:

I watched Wei Da Xun now 😂 Dr Tang ...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Spicy-Emotional-Irishwolfhound-size-rest

Jay Park to come back with 'Need To Know' on July 12

(C) Yonhap News Agency

p1065572652578008_869_thum.jpg

This photo, provided by MORE VISION Entertainment, shows "Need To Know" teaser preview.

SEOUL, July 5 (Yonhap) -- Singer Jay Park is coming back with a new song.

Jay park is returning to the music scene on July 12 with his new song “Need to Know” after 4 months, according to MORE VISION Entertainment.

“Need To Know” is a song with a dreamlike sound.

Earlier on July 4, the singer posted teaser poster reminiscent of a comic book cover on his SNS account.

"It's meaningful only when everyone can enjoy together“ said Jay Park, who released a song "GANADARA" in last March after establishing MORE VISION Entertainment.

“Need To Know” will be released on July 12 at 6 p.m.

source:

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065572652578008

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

9 hours ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea You have enough time to add in Wu Lei too.

@twink_twink_ I'm glad he is venturing out and collaborating with others. I once looked up his soju brand and it's so fancy. Haha! 

*waving hands* hai @Tofu ..  that's :true: , we are happy to get more music. :smile: chingu, this is an awesome combo. :PikaSwag: