57 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@Chocolate, did you like Jing Boran in A League of Nobleman? 

Here he is in his new drama. I really like his character, but I think the drama can be a little mushy. LOL!

I liked the drama, but no real feeling about the actors.

I would try the new drama except I don't really like the FL 😂 I keep wondering why she is so popular. @NiteWalker is going to kill me 😂

• Haha 5
On 3/24/2023 at 12:19 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I like Divorce Att Shin very much. I don't care too much about the cases - it's the quirky office characters and the friendship between the men that I love. It feels a lot more like a slice of life then a legal procedural. 

I don't have new oppas...but my favorite oppa RN is Kim Young Kwang as can be seen from my profile pic. Shin Jae Ha will supposedly join KYK and Shin Ha Kyung for Bad Guys ...but I don't know if the latter two are confirmed though? 

I like the quirky friends and friendship too but even that sometimes it felt a bit hit or miss for me. Like the camping bit, it was just them lounging around but not really have much happenings. That, is, very slice of life though didn't quite help much in narrative of the story.

On 3/24/2023 at 6:32 AM, Chocolate said:

I watched You Are My Glory remember? That was a pure romance too. The crux is the story and the actors.

Majority of kdrama romances are quite mediocre. The pairings are fine but ordinary. The character or the actor does not suck you in. You can probably switch the actors and the drama will be the same. I don't like angst so I cannot comment on the melodrama type.

But LLTG is not like that. All the scenes are quality ones - there are no time-wasters like going on a date and not talking about anything substantial. But more importantly are the 2 leads and the characters they play. If you changed out the actors, I'm not sure if it would be as enjoyable.

I thought Zhao Lusi was very good in that role, as a spunky/intelligent/playful girl who is also an innocent when it comes to love. Her acting there was such a far cry from The Long Ballad, I could barely recognise her at first. For Wu Lei, he is swoonworthy because of his 眼神 - you can tell what he is feeling when he looks at her, whether near or far. Not many actors can convey that so well. Of course, the Ling Buyi role is sooooo attractive, with all that power and decisiveness and yet his voice gentles when he is with her.

I've just finished it, mostly fast forwarded through except for the strategy/fighting and Ashile Sun scenes.

Dilraba looks like a heavily made up doll haha. And you're right. I don't really like her here too. For a drama called ChangGe's Journey (literal translation), she comes across impetuous and not that smart to warrant the title.

Wu Lei does look quite nice here haha. You can see snippets of Ling Buyi in Ashile Sun but I don't really like seeing him in the "bodyguard" role when he left his army. He's best when he has power. And yes, I miss his voice too!

The Point Men? Not yet. The reviews aren't that great so will wait. Have not watched CA2 yet either.

For movies, it feels like I must find time to spare for 2 hours. So I watch the dramas instead thinking it's shorter but... it's really not!

Yes, I remember you watched YAMG but definitely not as in love with it than compared to LLTG. It was a lot of fluff too, I'm surprised you like it 😆.

Oh wow, I didn't know you've started on The Long Ballad already. Yeah, I ended up FF through and just look for scenes with Ashile Sun in it. The Long Ballad was before LLTG so there's an expectation Lusi to have improved in acting. Also I think LLTG's role suited her. All the main casts were mediocre in The Long Ballad except Wu Lei, which makes me even more annoyed that his screen time is so little. Right, @Tofu? And agree that Ashile Sun was less interesting when he's orbiting around Chang Ge being her bodyguard. Haha.

I agree with your assessment on Dilreba too. I think the drama itself didn't do justice to her character or the execution. None of her costumes suited her. Disguising as a man, she's too girly. But being in woman's clothing, she didn't stand out either. It was totally opposite to her character in YAMG or even on red carpets in real life activities.

Oh yes, The Point Man. The C-sub for this is out so I tried but couldn't get into it. CA2 is easier to get into though I think it's not as great as CA1 anymore. I need him to do something as good as Zinu! No drama casting for him yet, isn't it...? What is he up to now apart from playing Daddy at home? Still have enough nappy cash saved up. Hahaha! And oh, bet you saw that rumour about them breaking up right? LOL.

• Like 4

Ashile Sun is the best character in The Long Ballad. Wu Lei did an amazing job in that role, but I liked him more when he was with the Eagle Tribe. Zhao Lusi's and Liu Yuning's characters were a waste for the first 25-30 episodes. They got better towards the end. Chang Ge was all about herself sometimes, but the drama is called Chang Ge for a reason. Haha! 

I'm glad you both watched/are watching The Long Ballad! It's still a drama I like, but I don't know if I can rewatch. It's definitely not My Country, where I've rewatched it at least three times now. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 3/24/2023 at 10:44 AM, Chocolate said:

I would try the new drama except I don't really like the FL 😂 I keep wondering why she is so popular. @NiteWalker is going to kill me 😂

She is an alright actress - and I have seen her in a number of dramas as she keeps getting paired with all the Chinese actors that I like. Fair assessment from me

Spoiler

She tends to take on very similar roles - so I feel I don't quite see her range. She doesn't have the typical look as well - so maybe not every character will suit her face. I feel she is better in modern roles than the period shows. 

On 3/25/2023 at 11:12 AM, Tofu said:

shile Sun is the best character in The Long Ballad. Wu Lei did an amazing job in that role, but I liked him more when he was with the Eagle Tribe. Zhao Lusi's and Liu Yuning's characters were a waste for the first 25-30 episodes. They got better towards the end. Chang Ge was all about herself sometimes, but the drama is called Chang Ge for a reason. Haha! 

I survived TLB only because of Ashille Sun. Reba's character was so stubborn and she just keeps doing whatever she wants that she really didn't need anyone else. :psweatduck:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Lee Jae Wook is getting more handsome every time I see him. :wow:

Fr-i-UR5-Xg-AMj-AJ3.jpg

Spoiler

Fr-Htmoag-AYlqn-D.jpg
Fr-I8qeac-AI3-Y6-S.jpg
Fr-i-THw-Xs-AUAt-AR.jpg
Fr-i-V6-CWAAEi-Ow-C.jpg
Fr-i-VGTX0-Acaoya.jpg
Fr-XNAQXg-AQro-Vm.jpg
Fr-ea2oak-AMzl-Xw.jpg
Fr-eaxya-UAEOq-XE.jpg

By the way, I recently adopted an idol -- Moon Jongup. This adoption is really out there for me. LOL!! He's very introverted (not as bad as KYK) and he just exudes this cool, chic, and sexy aura that I low-key wished I had (minus the sexy, I just want to be cool and chic. LOL!).

MJU-07.gif

• Haha 2
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I know you watch this but do you lub them?

O gosh!! They're so cute together!! I finished the drama solely to watch them coz the gangster joke and special power of strength went rather ridiculous towards the end... Ha! I still remember that scene where he clapped his hand and "open sesame!!" 

Anyway, I think their role will just be a cameo at the beginning, right?

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Racket Boy VS Song Nam daegun.

Kim Kang Hoon is going to be tall. He seems not too far from Sang Min.

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

O gosh!! They're so cute together!! I finished the drama solely to watch them coz the gangster joke and special power of strength went rather ridiculous towards the end... Ha! I still remember that scene where he clapped his hand and "open sesame!!" 

Anyway, I think their role will just be a cameo at the beginning, right?

Yeah, Hyung Sik ab-lib a lot in there. Just a cameo but it's better than none for me

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 3/28/2023 at 11:16 AM, Tofu said:

Lee Jae Wook is getting more handsome every time I see him.

And I need a new drama of him that I can watch from beginning to the end. 😮💨

I think I prefer his second lead roles more (read: kim chee's guy in WWW,  a thug in MoA, and of course BK in EY) even it means he has less screen time. I keep hoping there is a spin-off drama for Baek Kyung and Dan Oh. I mean I don't root for him back then so it would be good if he could be with her for once. 😆

Maybe he could try some weekend drama but of course must with good script. Imagine we could spend 50 hours to appreciate of his handsome face all we want. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1

@mademoiselle Have you watched this interview of Im Si Wan with Eric Nam? I thought it was pretty insightful and I learned a lot about him. I didn't realized he didn't debut until he was 22-23 years old. His English is also really good too. 

2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Maybe he could try some weekend drama but of course must with good script. Imagine we could spend 50 hours to appreciate of his handsome face all we want.

Haha! I can't see him do a weekend drama unless his popularity dropped or something. I don't know if family dramas are his style. I would love to see him in another project soon, but I think he's focusing on CFs and fanmeetings right now. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
9 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Maybe he could try some weekend drama but of course must with good script. Imagine we could spend 50 hours to appreciate of his handsome face all we want.

@Tofu will protest to this. But let's put him in dailies, that we can see him 5 days a week, for 6 months!! :lenny:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 3/30/2023 at 8:08 PM, ktcjdrama said:

will protest to this. But let's put him in dailies, that we can see him 5 days a week, for 6 months!!

You know...maybe it's not a bad idea to see LJW in a daily with an evil mother-in-law. :laugh:

@Chocolate I can't stop laughing over that dating news and it's not because of the news. I'm laughing because I'm so curious to see how @mademoiselle and @abs-oluteM are going to react. Maybe there was a reason why LDH primarily does noona-dongsaeng dramas. :lmao2:

• Haha 6
59 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

his is a surprise 😂 So he doesn't love DongEun, he loves her enemy 🤣

I am shocked...... :hug:....so he ended up sleeping with the enemy then :GrowDerp:. She's about 5 years older @Tofu....not such a big gap I think. I dated a guy for a few years who was 4 years my junior. Hahaha...

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

17 minutes ago, Tofu said:

ust funny because does this mean LDH will always be in noona-dongsaeng dramas? It seems like he likes them the best. Haha!

So far he's only had one same age romance right? With Go Min Si in Youth of May

• Like 4

On 3/20/2023 at 1:14 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm watching Delivery Man and like both guy there... 

I'm taking this taxi instead @JenL😂

This is actually on my watch list! But I haven't started yet...I have te opposite problem @SilverMoonTea...too many dramas to watch and no time :lettalKWA: I caught up on Call it Love to the latest episode yesterday. Catching up on Taxi Driver tonight. Definitely haven't watched Heveanly Idol since episode 2?...And new dramas keep popping up that I'm like, I need to get into this!!! :psweatduck:

Have you found anything interesting to watch lately? :popcorn:

On 3/20/2023 at 9:50 PM, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Mwo! I thought you said you couldn't get into Delivery Man!

Changes her mind a lot that one! :laugh:

On 3/20/2023 at 10:28 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Its getting better after ep 3. Ep 2 was kind of boring. The FL acting is so so and sometimes annoying, but I can live with it 😅

Oh no, don't tell me that...I can'e deal with annoying leads :lol:

On 3/20/2023 at 11:21 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I also surprised myself haha... we're at ep 10... Let's see if I still will watching ep 11 😂

The FL was with Nam Gong Min in My Beautiful Gong Shim. I think she's a girlband. 

Hahaha, what happened to your love of romances that are barely romances? :laugh:

On 3/21/2023 at 12:42 AM, Chocolate said:

Yes, it's normal. Might want to do some physio to strengthen the muscles etc. - lots of video online, don't even need to pay a physio these days 😅 I had a fracture more than 10 years ago and it's been acting up recently too.

@mademoiselle Late answer to your question - I sprainned my ankle like 12 years ago and it still occasionally hurts a little if I've been using that foot too much. I think it's just never going to be the same unfortunately. I did go to accupuncture to try to fix it though. 

On 3/21/2023 at 12:42 AM, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle @JenL So if you don't like screaming fans, how would you fangirl if you got to a fm/concert etc 😆

Hahaha @Chocolate I don't mind my screaming, I just don't like other people's screaming  :lenny:

On 3/21/2023 at 2:49 PM, Tofu said:

Oh, speaking of headquarters, @mademoiselle there is a Spam Museum where I live. Hahaha! 

THERE IS A SPAM MUSEUM?!?! :GengarAww: If you're talking about the highly processed meat, I love that stuff. not the junk mail!

On 3/21/2023 at 6:04 PM, mademoiselle said:

I just swoon/fawn quietly. I'd cheer and clap but I wouldn't be screaming like a lunatic like those fangirls. And I'd prefer to be quiet when they are singing a ballad.

I agree with this! I don't randomly scream when stars are singing too. Those fan girls really get to me. I think it's ok to make noise when they ask for it like if they tell a joke or ask for the answer to a question. :heiboi:

On 3/22/2023 at 11:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

Looks like Shin Jae Ha is finally getting some recognition. 2-3 magazines lately! @JenL

I'm glad this new baby of mine is getting the attention he deserves even though he seems to be evil in every series I've picked up with him in it...

Why have I even adopted him as Oppa huh? :idk: Oh right, because he looks cute while being the bad guy :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 3/25/2023 at 2:12 PM, Tofu said:

It's definitely not My Country, where I've rewatched it at least three times now. :laugh:

Wow I admire people who can rewatch things 3 times!!! I'm generally not a rewatcher because I have too many things to rewatch, I like it when people cut out clips of the best parts to save me from rewatching though!

On 3/26/2023 at 3:32 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

When will AOUD2 be released?? Or any new drama with him??

@mademoiselle ahhhhh I miss All of Us are Dead. I want the second season already :heart: Has Lomon been in anything since then?

On 3/28/2023 at 3:16 PM, Tofu said:

Lee Jae Wook is getting more handsome every time I see him. :wow:

@Tofu I've always liked him but yeah he's really hitting the aesthetics lately. LJW is just everything :heart::1000:

On 3/30/2023 at 10:46 PM, mademoiselle said:

I don't know who loves MinMin couple apart from @JenL (I think)... but I'm delighted to see them pair up again :SquirtleWonderfull: as MinMin! @ktcjdrama I know you watch this but do you lub them?

YESSSSSSS I LOVVVVEEEEEEEEE THEM @mademoiselle Can't believe that they're coming back for a cameo as a pair :heart: Their chemistry was on fire and I loved that they still always sent each other food trucks or would mention each other or that drama from time to time. And I'm interested in the new series too! I loved Lee Yoo Mi in Squid Game too and was wondering when she would get a big role. I'm excited and hoping the series will be better written in terms of storyline than the original (though MinMin couple made me love the original despite story dragging with the subplot)

On 3/30/2023 at 11:53 PM, ktcjdrama said:

O gosh!! They're so cute together!! I finished the drama solely to watch them coz the gangster joke and special power of strength went rather ridiculous towards the end...

Agree 100%!!! I felt like the gangster storyline took too much away from the main storyline towards the end... :pandarage2:

On 3/31/2023 at 12:01 AM, mademoiselle said:

Yeah, Hyung Sik ab-lib a lot in there. Just a cameo but it's better than none for me

I know right...I just want to see them together again :wow:

On 3/31/2023 at 2:59 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

I keep hoping there is a spin-off drama for Baek Kyung and Dan Oh. I mean I don't root for him back then so it would be good if he could be with her for once. 😆

It would be cool if they did do a drama pairing LJW and Hye Yoon as different characters. I feel like they get along so well and they''d be able to pull of the chemistry for sure. I also haven't really cared much for Hye Yoon's dramas since Extraordinary You whereas I think I've watched every LJW drama. Sure I like him, but I also think he picks good series to be in. :heart:

On 3/31/2023 at 5:39 AM, Tofu said:

I would love to see him in another project soon, but I think he's focusing on CFs and fanmeetings right now. 

He has a few confirmed dramas actually. I'll need to check if there's threads otherwise I should start some. But it might be cursed because I tend not to write in the threads I start for some reason!!! :laugh: I think it's because there's lots of things I want to say and post but then I procrastinate and then the next week comes around...too much pressure has made me avoid threads by accident :psweatduck:

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

This is a surprise 😂 So he doesn't love DongEun, he loves her enemy 🤣

Is she from The Glory ? Isn't he too young for relationship confirmation news? :thinking: Normally the young ones try very hard to hide their dating statuses :lol:

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

You know...maybe it's not a bad idea to see LJW in a daily with an evil mother-in-law. :laugh:

Hahaha I would support only because I would get to see him ALL. THE. TIME :laugh:

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I dated a guy for a few years who was 4 years my junior. Hahaha...

Haha, a few of my friends have younger partners...one her boyfriend is 4 years, but the other her boyfriend is 6-7 years younger! But the boyfriend is quite mature looking and is a thoughtful guy. But I think sometimes if the personalities match then it's better than if they're the same age! :idk:

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Just funny because does this mean LDH will always be in noona-dongsaeng dramas? It seems like he likes them the best. Haha! 

Wonder if requests to do this kind because he prefers it?!?  :lenny:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenLI stopped Heavenly Idol. Too crazy haha... I lost with the plot in heaven. And why he's boyband but never got to dance, is beyond my belief :lmao2: 

Call It Love a little dissapointed for me with their recent episodes. Delivery Man finally I managed to finish until ep 10. Currently also following Divorce Attoney Shin and Real One Has Come. 

I'm also starting Memorist old drama. Normally I dont like the ML YSH , but surprisingly he's very charismatic here. 

• Like 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@Chocolate I thought it was an April's Fools Day joke - because that is what people do every year especially shippers. But once I saw the Dispatch photos, I know this is genuine. LOL! I'm not shocked shocked but just thought it is random and never thought of the pairing. Lots of dating news this year, eh?

Im Ji Yeon is only 4 years older? She looks older than I imagined her to be, like recently she has aged a lot more or something based on stills from The Glory.

@JenL Thanks for the info on sprained ankle. I shall not worry then when it hurts again. This incident did make me realise (once again) how difficult it is for an aging body to recover. It was a deciding factor for me to no longer tolerate tasks that has OH&S issues (in case you guys ask me next whether the company is doing anything about it - the answer is no.)

@SilverMoonTea I finished Heavenly Idol. I think it was just 2 more episodes left so I had it on although the next day or two I was surprised to read that Heavenly Idol is over. Hahahaha. I have no recollection of what the ending is so I had to rewatch the ending bit. xDDDD

===

I am up to date with Call It Love but behind on Taxi Driver 2 and Lei's drama. @Tofu I haven't started on WDH's drama. You guys said it is good... how is it good? I'll go check out the drama thread later to see if any of you have written a first impression post.

• Like 2