2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@NiteWalker Aren't all the C-Oppa on the banner in Fresh meat category? They look pretty young to me

Jasper already over 30s so i wont call him fresh meat category lols...

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@NiteWalker, I think we were asking you to name the C-drama oppas in the sliding banner. It's the 2nd one on the slider, though Tofu also posted a clearer version to this thread.

yes the slider banner only 3 lols

2 are freshmeat

XiaoZhan - The Wolf

Chen FeiYu (which i think u mention wasnt him right?) - Legend of Awakening

1 are middle range for me though....

Jasper - Taiwanese drama though he did filmed one drama with ShenYue recently at Mainland

though all not qualify to be my oppa..... **ahem**

:cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The name of the ranges, LOL! Such an accurate description of how they should be categorized. I don't know what we should call the middle range? I'm not creative enough to come up with name for it. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@NiteWalker Aren't all the C-Oppa on the banner in Fresh meat category? They look pretty young to me

I know I made the banner but I had to go back to look at the banner to see if they all fall under "fresh meat". LOL! Jasper is in his 30s and Xiao Zhan will be 30 next year, so I don't know if they fall under that, but the other two would (they are 20 and 24). 

From left to right, the oppas in the banner are:

Spoiler

Tomoya Nakamura, BTS, Song Joong Ki, Lee Joon Gi, Choi Daniel, Chen Zhe Yuan, Kim Seon Ho, Jasper Liu, Hyun Bin, Xiao Zhan, Park Bo Gum, Kim Min Jae, Chen Fei Yu (Arthur). 

I told @stroppyse that since I was making the banner, Che Zhe Yuan was more or less for me than anything. :eeeee:

Thanks for participating everyone! I hope the banner was able to introduce you to some new oppas! There are definitely some cute Chinese oppas that @NiteWalker mentioned in her post. Although, all of them keep getting younger and younger. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Ya @Tofuall the c oppas looked like fresh meat, if you put @abs-oluteM's C oppa like Lin Gen Xing and Johnny then I still have chance to figured out lols... 

Eh ya I always forgot Jasper already 30's, actually he looked quite young too...

My C-oppas got no shrines here...but hint...go check out the Havenite Shrines...see which are the active threads ...aaahahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

23 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

Jasper already over 30s so i wont call him fresh meat category lols...

10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Eh ya I always forgot Jasper already 30's, actually he looked quite young too...

Hahaha, Jasper turned 34 back in August and has been in the industry for over 10 years, so not fresh meat even though he has a baby face :heart: Fresh meat is like Lee Jae Wook who is 22 and only debuted 2 years ago. Super fresh meat :laugh:

16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Jasper I considered as TW-Oppa so not counted, lol.

I like to differentiate between TW-ent and C-ent too. Completely different industries though a lot of TW actors go over to work in the mainland. I have a good knowledge of TW actors, but not C actors coz I rarely, rarely watch C-dramas. I think I'm just lazy to learn a new industry of actors from scratch :laugh: 

And I hold a grudge for all the times I tried to watch a C drama which a TW actor cameo'd in only to find they dubbed them :pandarage2:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Just now, stroppyse said:

This may be because I'm a bit of a prude, but the term "fresh meat" is disconcerting me a bit when applied to people. Maybe I've watched too many zombie movies.

lols....

nah not prude....i just take it like everyone had their own views on things....even sometimes i dont like certain term....just like how ppl kept saying about bromance....i prefer the term 'Brotherhoods' 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
43 minutes ago, JenL said:

And I hold a grudge for all the times I tried to watch a C drama which a TW actor cameo'd in only to find they dubbed them 

I feel the same way too because sometimes the actor's/actress's voice is better suited for the character they are playing. Does that mean you are going to sit out on Jasper's dramas? 

• Like 7
23 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

They dub Jasper's voices on his dramas????? But, he has such a nice voice!

Most Chinese dramas are dubbed. I don't know if all of Jasper's dramas will be dubbed, but I know at least one is. They released the trailer for it and his voice was dubbed. I think there is also a dubbing competition airing right now too? 

@SilverMoonTea - January hasn't started and you already have two oppas. What is the rest of January going to look like? :laugh:

• Haha 6

@Tofu No need to be scared for her, @SilverMoonTea has 365 nights to spare :laugh:

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

they dub almost everything....for CDrama

Some Chinese actors are not dubbed, like Zhao Wei when she did Huan Zhu Ge Ge. Or Jackson Yi's period drama he uses his own voice too. A Chinese friend told me the one that didn't get dubbed is because they can say their lines better. Could it also because most TW actors' voices are dubbed so that they can unify the accents?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu No need to be scared for her, @SilverMoonTea has 365 nights to spare :laugh:

Some Chinese actors are not dubbed, like Zhao Wei when she did Huan Zhu Ge Ge. Or Jackson Yi's period drama he uses his own voice too. A Chinese friend told me the one that didn't get dubbed is because they can say their lines better. Could it also because most TW actors' voices are dubbed so that they can unify the accents?

usually some artist they will dub their own lines if possible, or they have the times during the production call them in to do the dubbing....

its is also advisable for the artist to dub their own characters

yes parts of the reason they dub the TW actors is to unify the ascents better ... even though some dub voice really make u turn away from the drama :x

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

More clue? Hmm....one of the Chinese oppas has the largest shrine (with the most content) on JH. Tagging @Tothestars to let us know who that person is.

7 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

@Tothestars fav is Chen FeiYu and one of the thread that she always diligently update..... 

Lol, thx @Tofu for putting him on the Oppa chart. Hmmm what can i say, same with @NiteWalker he is not my oppa, err he is my dongsaeng lol, but i am happy to let him to be other's oppa, only 20 but character wise he is an old soul so yeaah definetely an oppa! Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
20 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

Lol, thx @Tofu for putting him on the Oppa chart. Hmmm what can i say, same with @NiteWalker he is not my oppa, err he is my dongsaeng lol, but i am happy to let him to be other's oppa, only 20 but character wise he is an old soul so yeaah definetely an oppa! Cheers!

oooo...he isnt ur oppa also? lols....he is too young to be my oppa either lols

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

This may be because I'm a bit of a prude, but the term "fresh meat" is disconcerting me a bit when applied to people. Maybe I've watched too many zombie movies.

Hahahaha, I think I find the term hilarious because I've watched too many zombie films :laugh:

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

I feel the same way too because sometimes the actor's/actress's voice is better suited for the character they are playing. Does that mean you are going to sit out on Jasper's dramas? 

The dubbing bothers me because I often know their real voice and I can't reconcile what I'm seeing and hearing. Also it's pretty hard to get the timing of mouth movement and voice to be in sync...so I can't focus :psweatduck: 

I'm going to try watching the Jasper dramas. Hopefully some of the series won't dub - he's been working in China for most of this year, so maybe he can now change accents or something? :thinking: But I will put up with it for as much / as long as I can until it drives me crazy. If the story lines are terrible along with dub, I might skim watch!

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

They dub Jasper's voices on his dramas????? But, he has such a nice voice!

I know right @stroppyse??? He has the nicest voice :BulbaOWO::hearties:

But they gave him like an old sounding voice for 12 Legends in the trailer and it's killing me :BulbaConfused:

5 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

they dub almost everything....for CDrama

Whyyyyyy??? Whyyyyyyy????

And this is why I don't normally watch C-dramas :idk:

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Most Chinese dramas are dubbed. I don't know if all of Jasper's dramas will be dubbed, but I know at least one is. They released the trailer for it and his voice was dubbed. I think there is also a dubbing competition airing right now too? 

Yep, I've only seen the one subbed trailer...Wait. They have competitions for these things too??? :pandascared:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Could it also because most TW actors' voices are dubbed so that they can unify the accents?

Yep, that's the main reason. TW accent is a bit like a Malaysian Chinese accent. I don't get too much criticism when I visit Taiwan for my Chinese. But I think it's wayyyyy more noticeable that I'm not speaking the same in China. The accents are stronger so more noticeable if you're speaking differently. I guess it's like if you cast an Australian in a British drama. They might be able to do the accent, but it might also be a little off at times :heiboi:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days