River Where The Moon Rises/The Moon Rising River 달이 뜨는 강 [2021]

Tofu

@Tofu they are really ramping up the promotions , more than a lot of KBS dramas that I have come across.

Lee Ji Hoon on why he chose this drama

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202102031307092410

First, Lee Ji-hoon cited the reason he decided to appear in  "River" because of  the fun script and said, "The script was fun, and since I had never done a work from the Goguryeo era, it became more interesting to me ." Lee Ji-hoon, who appeared in various historical dramas such as 'Six Flying Dragons"  and 'Mirror of the Witch ', but this is the first time he has dealt with the Goguryeo era.

Then, about the person named Go Geon, he explained, "There was a woman in his heart whom he has been adored since childhood, but she is buried deep in his heart because of the conflict  between their family members."

Go Geon has everything, but ironically, he  does not have  the heart  Pyong Gang , which  is what  he wants the most. Accordingly, attention is paid to what kind of things Go Gun will do to win her heart when the show starts its broadcast

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

On 2/5/2021 at 9:24 AM, bluepebbles said:

@Tofuoh my golly, those majestic costumes

We just have a little over a week left! :LarvitarSDab1:

I thought this was a nice article from Soompi about Kim So Hyun's dual-character.

Spoiler

Kim So Hyun To Play Both Mother And Daughter In Upcoming Drama “River Where The Moon Rises”

by E. Cha

Kim So Hyun will be taking on more than one role in her upcoming drama “River Where the Moon Rises”!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

On February 5, the highly-anticipated drama revealed a sneak peek of Kim So Hyun’s dual roles: not only will the actress be starring as Princess Pyeonggang, but she will also be playing Queen Yeon, Pyeonggang’s mother.

Although Queen Yeon ascended to the throne at a young age, she is strong-willed and steadfast in her beliefs, and she is constantly thinking of ways to help the people of the kingdom and put her ideas into practice. She is also a loving and affectionate mother who raises her royal daughter and son wisely.

In the newly released stills, Kim So Hyun exudes a regal, elegant aura as the lavishly dressed Queen Yeon. One photo shows the queen gazing warmly at her son, the crown prince Go Won, while another captures her worrying about her kingdom.

The producers of “River Where the Moon Rises” commented, “Kim So Hyun will make an impactful acting transformation by playing the dual roles of Queen Yeon and Pyeonggang. While taking on the challenge of acting out maternal love for the first time, Kim So Hyun displayed a new aura that she had never shown before, which left everyone on set in awe.”

“Queen Yeon will play a crucial role in the story early on in the drama, and Queen Yeon is also the character who has the most influence on Pyeonggang’s personality and disposition,” they continued. “It will be fun to compare Queen Yeon from the beginning of the drama with Pyeonggang later on.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” also unveiled new stills of Choi Yoo Hwa in her role as Hae Mo Yong, a beautiful and powerful woman who is determined to control Goguryeo and play with the kingdom as she wishes.

When asked to rate how much her real-life personality matched that of her character, Choi Yoo Hwa replied, “50 percent. We’re similar in the way that, when we’re interacting with someone we like or facing a difficulty, we show all our cards and try to be honest in solving the problem. However, Hae Mo Yong is very quick-witted and can see through people to figure out what it is they want, and I don’t think I’m that calculating.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” will premiere on February 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452611wpp/kim-so-hyun-to-play-both-mother-and-daughter-in-upcoming-drama-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 4

Some explanation for the latest stills posted above

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210214/105406735/1

105406734.1.jpg

The released photos show Queen Yeon (Kim So-hyun) from the Goguryeo capital, General Onhyeop (Gang Ha-neul) and his son Ondal (Seo Dong-hyun), who politely greets Princess Pyeonggang (Huh Jung-eun). The difference in their status is felt in the image of Onhyeop and Ondal kneeling down to the queen and princess.

This captured Queen Yeon and Pyeonggang, who left the country, and General Onhyeop, who they met, was the chief of Soonnobu, who protects the southern border. The expressions of Queen Yeon and General Onhyeop, who are very serious, raise questions about their meeting. Why did Queen Yeon travel so far along with the princess? Why is Queen Yeon and General Onhyeop's face full of sorrow?

In addition, Pyeonggang and Ondal's facial expressions, which are contrary to Queen Yeon and Onhyeop, are drawing attention. In the appearance of Pyeonggang and Ondal, who seem to be full of dissatisfaction somewhere, curiosity is amplified about what happened to their first meeting.

The production team of "The River where the moon rises" said, "The reason why Queen Yeon left the journey is not only the first meeting between Pyeonggang and Ondal, but also the entire story of the play." "I hope you wait for the first broadcast in anticipation of the epic poem of fate that Pyeonggang and Ondal will draw."

--------------------

Just realise kSH will play two roles 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: -