River Where The Moon Rises/The Moon Rising River 달이 뜨는 강 [2021]

Tofu

I think one of the reasons why I can't get behind Go Geon is because of Lee Ji Hoon. The last drama I saw him, he played a crazy ex-boyfriend who manipulated people. He stalked the female lead and was very manic at times. It left such a strong impression that whenever Go Geon resembles that just a bit, I have flashback of that character Lee Ji Hoon played before. :pandascared:

• Haha 3

Too many dramas too little time for me to focus on all the threads! :shocked:

Subbed BTS

New stills - confrontation between father & son

105659103.1.jpg

Preview  eps 6

The romance took off  but then how will that be now that she is going to return to the palace?

• Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Too many dramas too little time for me to focus on all the threads!

I completely understand! Time is spent on watching the drama and on top of that, more time is needed to write a nice response to the thread too. By the end of your eighth drama, I wonder if you've been able to have your meals for the day, @abs-oluteM? Haha! 

Viu released English subs for the press conference too. They are subbing so many videos, I love it!

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eps 5 Spoiler recaps : (translated from News1.Kr)

optimize

In KBS 2TV's Monday-Tuesday drama "The River with the Moon Rising," which aired in the afternoon, Pyeonggang (Kim So-hyun) declared that she would not leave the Ghost Valley, saying she owed Ondal (Jisoo) a lot of debt and had to pay back to the villagers. The sight of the two holding hands boosted the excitement.

On the same day, Ondal initially pushed away the approaching Pyeonggang . This was due to the fact that she was the daughter of King Tae (played by Kim Beop-rae). Pyeong-gang said, "I was young and scared at the time. But why should I be pay for the sins of my father ? It's unfair for me, too. But I thought it would be nice if only you understood. Then I will forget the past and be happy in the Ghost Valley," she said.

Ondal said, "Who said it was your fault? I want to take care of you because I'm worried about you, but I can't. You remind me of my father. He passed away in front of me , and I feel sorry for the people in our tribe. Imagine what the villagers would say that I like you even though you're  the King's daughter. Then, I'll become a shameless person."

Pyeonggang eventually shed tears. "It's not our crime, but we're getting punished. Thank you for telling me," she said. Ondal, however was moved and eventually went after  Pyeonggang. Running in a hurry, he grabbed Pyeonggang by saying, "Don't go !" and said, "Live here as Yeom Ga-jin. I'm going to dig for herbs and just live like that." 

Hearing this, Pyeong-gang shed tears. Ondal hugged her  and said, "Do whatever you want. You can't even buy a princess, you're just a bargain."  Pyeong-gang asked, "Are you forgiving me?" Pyeong-gang hugged her again when he replied, "I didn't commit anything, but I don't forgive you." "Thank you," she said, expressing her affection.

The two became closer. Pyeong-gang said, "You do everything for me. What should I do? Just say anything.  can do anything," she smiled. Then Ondal said, "It's a very difficult job, so do you think you'll be okay?"  She replied "I grew up  in a normal family." "As you wish'" said Ondal who approached Pyeonggang and caused excitement.

Pyeong-gang said she would never hold a knife again, adding, "Even if my life is at stake, I will not let it be bloody." Ondal grabbed her hand and said, "You can be happy now. Don't think about anything else, just think about yourself."

"Yum Ga-jin  has hidden herself ," said Du Joong-seo (Han Jae-young), Chief of  Cheonjubang (assassin)  group. "We should do what we need to do . Otherwise, Go Won-pyo will hit us first."  The assasins infiltrated the palace to kill Go Won-pyo (played by Lee Hae-young). However, his son, Goh Kun (Lee Ji-hoon), discovered them and caught all of them.

in a separate scene, Pyeonggang dug a well with Ondal. "It's like a dream to be here. I want to dream forever," she said. Pyeonggang talked about happiness and held Ondal's hand to add excitement. Soon after, the well burst and the two were happy. Ondal said, "Water! Look at that. What did I say!"  He was feeling  proud. After a hot hug, Ondal was embarrassed and said, "I'll go get the rest of the  people here" 

At this time, Cheonjubang Chief - Du Jung Seo appeared in front of them with the words, "Did you find a waterway?" 

-eps ends-

16 minutes ago, Tofu said:

wonder if you've been able to have your meals for the day, @abs-oluteM? Haha! 

ahahaha...I multi-task . So I will eat & watch. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I'm glad that they didn't drag on the issue between On Dal and Pyeong Gang. I really enjoyed watching the growth in their relationship from this episode. They are super cute and the scene where Pyeong Gang grabbed his hand and he goes, "This is nice" made me smile. 

b732226745f5de66a736232efb1de556418f2e39

I don't know what the future holds for Go Geon. His father found out that he lied about the dead body (he said it was the assassin and the Princess when it wasn't). Maybe catching the assassins at the end will redeem him with his father? 

It seems like Pyeong Gang is going to return to the palace based off the preview. Not sure exactly how, but maybe the capture of the assassins have something to do with it?

7e1cc795aa6c7f780b3b100d6f6c688706d21c92

Credit

• Heart Eyes 2

It seems like Pyeong Gang will enter the palace with On Dal to save her assassin friends. 

SFPYrpW.jpg

wkmcsWZ.jpg

Spoiler

RmBqKuZ.jpg

LIdWAKl.jpg

Video from their character photoshoot. Not going to lie, Lee Ji Hoon looked pretty cool in his clip. Haha!!

• Heart Eyes 2
19 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@Tofu I havent seen this scene, last night episode? Hahaha, the little girl describes him so well. 

Yes! It was in episode 5, around the 19 minute mark. Weol Yi was telling On Dal that he must be jealous that's why he's ignoring Pyeong Gang. Hahaha!

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Gosh , I’m struggling to keep up with my dramas this week . Cries . I hv yet to watch the two episodes this week 

Is it because you're watching The Sword and the Brocade with everyone else too? :laugh:

I haven't had time today to watch episode 6, will do so before I go to bed tonight. But here are some cute gifs of the couple:

9b3efa22f43b8a2d483656a9526a13b8abca5667

8eb52516ede7569c36a254c2155bda27d6aff545

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I haven't had time today to watch episode 6, will do so before I go to bed tonight. But here are some cute gifs of the couple:

Partly . And also this week is busier than the last work wise . 
will catch up soon 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL are you guys developing SLS? When Ji Soo finally became the leading man and then you guys fall for the second lead? :laugh: If so I think it's funny!

I can’t say I have SLS , though I appreciate Lee Ji Hoon . 

9 minutes ago, joccu__ said:

I loved episode 5. 

Have you guys heard about Jisoo scandal? I just read about it!  I honestly hope that it not will ruin this drama. 

yes. It’s quite worrying TBH. If it’s true , it may result in KbS pulling the plug on airing . So far his agency just said they are checking the allegations & this is KBS’s response 

• Like 2

That sucks that it turned out to be true. I was really enjoying the drama but if anything, I feel terrible for the drama staffs and actors/actresses. They all worked so hard on this drama and now it's tinted with the bullying scandal of one of their main leads. I'm not sure what they plan to do next. Will they completely take it off air or allow it to run it's course with limited scenes from Ji Soo? It would be hard to cut his scenes since he's character is pretty important. 

I mentioned it to @abs-oluteM but I feel for Lee Ji Hoon. I watched a bunch of the drama clips prior to the drama airing and he was so excited for this drama. He talked about wanting everyone to see what he's capable of (acting wise). :cry:

• Sad 2

Okay, done with recent episodes. I wasn't that into the roamnce between dal and GJ at all. Lols. Seriously, it feels strangely fast that they're quite close just like that. Well, I guess this probably caused by my sls. Is this how you all feel when you suffer fron it? You dont seem to enjoy the romance that much.

I love when she comes back and revealed her identuty. I want to see her beat those evil tribe and put them back into their places, and be a ruler just like how determined she was young. The way I see Pyeonggang's life, it reminds me to the story of Queen Seon Deok. So hopefully to see her fight back and gain back the royal authority. I think the king was too afraid to act, he was manipulated and easily controlled by GWP. 

• Like 3