Feng Huo Liu Jin / Winner is King / Sha Po Lang 烽火流金 [Pending]

Tofu

38 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

I am eyeing this for Li HongYi and Chen ZheYuan. Cant wait!

Same! Maybe more for Chen Zhe Yuan though. Haha! I haven't updated the first page yet but Li Hong Yi plays one of Chen Zhe Yuan's supposedly "adopted father" but he doesn't really take on that role. It is a role that Tan Jian Ci's character take on instead. Both of them saved Chen Zhe Yuan's character from wolves so his debt is to take care of them. Li Hong Yi is a physician. Because I have started reading the novel, I can understand why people were initially confused with Tan Jian Ci's casting. I can't picture him as Gu Yun but I'm only at the beginning so I'll come back to comment once I'm done. 

More photos were released today, I'll still come back to post older released photos on a different day. Haha!

Twitter is going crazy over these photos because Chang Geng is playing with the cords on Gu Yun's outfit. I just think the red looks really nice on Chen Zhe Yuan. :idk::eeeee:

DLhI9ko.jpg

Spoiler

ejkQW0v.jpeg

wErBS4k.jpeg

Tan Jian Ci in his armor, it is actually really nice to have a visual of the armor while reading the novel.

hTcL6j5.jpg

Spoiler

Baj6Xkv.jpg

8AbHHz8.jpg

HVWNZmG.jpg

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Same! Maybe more for Chen Zhe Yuan though. Haha! I haven't updated the first page yet but Li Hong Yi plays one of Chen Zhe Yuan's supposedly "adopted father" but he doesn't really take on that role. It is a role that Tan Jian Ci's character take on instead. Both of them saved Chen Zhe Yuan's character from wolves so his debt is to take care of them. Li Hong Yi is a physician. Because I have started reading the novel, I can understand why people were initially confused with Tan Jian Ci's casting. I can't picture him as Gu Yun but I'm only at the beginning so I'll come back to comment once I'm done. 

So... Gu Yun and Li Hong Yi characters are supposed to be a lot older i guess? But how come they both looks so young, or it has story about younger version and older version?

Yeah at first i am eyeing Chen ZheYuan, but after watching 2 dramas of Li HongYi, i think i am more to him now lol. I dropped last drama from Chen ZheYuan, so i guess i have to recharge first.

Btw can you share link web novel for SPL? Thank you!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tothestars said:

So... Gu Yun and Li Hong Yi characters are supposed to be a lot older i guess? But how come they both looks so young, or it has story about younger version and older version?

Yeah at first i am eyeing Chen ZheYuan, but after watching 2 dramas of Li HongYi, i think i am more to him now lol. I dropped last drama from Chen ZheYuan, so i guess i have to recharge first.

Btw can you share link web novel for SPL? Thank you!

They are supposed to be 7-8 years older. In the beginning of the novel (where I'm at), Chang Geng is 14 years old, which makes Gu Yun about 21-22 years old. Shen Yi (Li Hong Yi's character) is the older brother (although, I do not think they are blood brothers just from what I've read so far) so I'm assuming he's in his mid-20s. 

Chen Zhe Yuan's drama (Renascence) was a bit of a miss for me too. I skipped through soooo many episodes because I couldn't get into it that much. I'm hoping that this one is a little better. :yoongibtspls:

I'm reading it here (link), but they don't have the first chapter so I had to read it here (link). 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

They are supposed to be 7-8 years older. In the beginning of the novel (where I'm at), Chang Geng is 14 years old, which makes Gu Yun about 21-22 years old. Shen Yi (Li Hong Yi's character) is the older brother (although, I do not think they are blood brothers just from what I've read so far) so I'm assuming he's in his mid-20s. 

Ah big brother but also as a father figure for Chang Geng yeah? I wonder if the BL story is around three of them? Or just Chang Geng n Gu Yun?

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm reading it here (link), but they don't have the first chapter so I had to read it here (link). 

Thx a lot, will start to read this, hopefully finish before it airs.

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

Chen Zhe Yuan's drama (Renascence) was a bit of a miss for me too. I skipped through soooo many episodes because I couldn't get into it that much. I'm hoping that this one is a little better.

Ah Renascence, i even forgot the title lol. Yeah hopefully SPL will be a great adaptation! I only have faith in these two BL Adaptation, Immortality and SPL, i dont really into Tian Ya Ke, but dont know later in future yeah.

• Like 1

I just read 2 chapters, appearently Shen Yi has appeared from beginning, like you said he with his older brother Shen SiLiu, they the Shen brothers were the life saver of Chang Geng from the wolves pack. Shen Yi is more as Chang Geng's teacher, called Master Shen, and SiLiu is the one adoptif father for Chang Geng.

I wonder if Si Liu is described so weak, i means he like nothing compared to Shen Yi but might dangerous in the end, covering his true ability lol. 

Ah just read SPL synopsis at page one lol. So in the drama, he really disguised as SiLiu. So character Tan JianCi never existed in the novel? Maybe they dont want to make SiLiu character too awful, so they change it for the drama.

Edited by Tothestars
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

So character Tan JianCi never existed in the novel?

He does. He plays Shen Si Liu, but you find out later that he is really Gu Yun. Also, you'll get to the point where you find out that Shen Yi and Shen Si Liu are not brothers. Shen Yi is really Shen Si Liu's subordinate, Ji Ping. I guess both of them are in disguises. 

What are we going to do, @Tothestars? We have to choose between reading the novel and also watching Ling Long. :eeeee:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I'm pretty sure this is Li Hong Yi in the back, right? I'm horrible at recognizing people

Yes it is him! 

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

He does. He plays Shen Si Liu, but you find out later that he is really Gu Yun. Also, you'll get to the point where you find out that Shen Yi and Shen Si Liu are not brothers. Shen Yi is really Shen Si Liu's subordinate, Ji Ping. I guess both of them are in disguises.

Ah okay, i like this kind of story lol, when everbody not really the real everybody lol

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

What are we going to do, @Tothestars? We have to choose between reading the novel and also watching Ling Long. 

Hahha yeah i'll watch Ling Long with my family, and after that i'll get my me time reading SPL

:brb:

• Party! 1

I think everyone looks nice in red but not many people wear that color. Here's a longer clip of Chen Zhe Yuan looking nice in red. 

The more I read Sha Po Lang, I realized that I can really picture Chen Zhe Yuan as Chang Geng. He is very fitting for that character. Tan Jian Ci is also starting to grow on me as Gu Yun too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...