On 1/31/2021 at 4:58 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw, if you watched Korean Hostel in Spain, they even do the bedding, sweep the floor. So even this is quite hard labour, that show is even worse. I love that show too btw, @LaLa& @jeijeialso like it as well.

Spoiler

Because I liked it so much, I signed up for volunteer work at an albergue/hostel here run by a Korean. But ofc Covid happened so I canceled. 

On 1/31/2021 at 5:06 AM, mademoiselle said:

I can't do Korean Hostel in Spain. The interest is very very low because Hae Jin and Cha Seung Won are not alluring.

What? To me Yoo Haejin is the best! I came to like him a lot through that show. I love him to pieces. He's sexy!😍 The Korean pilgrims were actually gobsmacked upon meeting him there because he's an A-lister and local movie fans traveled to see him. 

Though I concede that Park Seojoon speaking Spanish in a white button-down is totally melting. 

Edited by jeijei
  • Like 2
  • Tasty 1

I managed to catch the live streaming for Youn's Stay episode 5. 

Some spoilers and summary of the episode bellow: 

- We continue to the next batch of groups. In last episode we see that a group of friends from Green Climate Fund will be one of the guests. This trip is almost like a farewell trip for them because in December several members will go back to their home country. They're excited to spend their last few months by staying in Youn Stay. Because they group are quite big, they stay in Jin. Next group of guests, a pair of dentist from Saudi Arabia who are currently learning in SNU. One is specialized as children dentist and the other one in orthodontist. They will stay in Mi. Last group are a group of women who became friends because they like to hike. They are from different countries (UK, Bulgaria and Germany) and with different professions too (marketer, singer songwriter, I forgot the last one but if I'm not wrong industrial designer). They will stay in Seon.

- Maybe because they are quite young and almost the same of age, these guests spend more time with each other and getting know with everyone. The dentists and the climbers even choose to eat together for dinner rather than to sit in a separate rooms. It surprised the casts for a little but they still manage and agree to their request. The GMF friends spend time hanging around in Dong Baek lounge. Talking about various things, and spending time together with the dentists and climbers.

- At first, kitchen team are nervous because of the big group of guests but they managed to do their job wonderfully. They managed to prepare all the food and even serve it so fast that it surprise Seo Jin. Youn CEO is trying hard to remember all the guests name and all the guests appreciate her gesture to remember their name. They call her as 'eomma' and CEO Youn jokingly reply to listen well to her because she is their mother LOL. Woo Shik is definitely the most tired staff for the day. He's running all over the place, making sure all the guests are comfortable while also managing some conversations with them. All guests did notice how tired he looks.

Oh for dinner, we have new main dish, Gochujang Bulgogi aka Spicy Pork Bulgogi. The fried chicken and tteok galbi are still the guests favorite. And for desserts, finally the pear-lime ice cream is served and everyone like it. @SilverMoonTeadimple oppa is so proud of his creation. x)

For the upcoming episodes, the staffs is getting ready to welcome new customers with a new menu. From the look of food preparation d-1, the recipes isn't easy. And they will welcome 10 guests for in the next episodes. 

• Like 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Episode 5

I enjoy this episode due to the variety of foreign guests. However, because the casts of Youn's Stay are super efficient now and handled 11 guests in calmness except the first day, the "entertaining level" drops a little. I actually find myself a lil' disappointed, lol. Sorry for being sadistic but another half of me is proud of them. Though I'm not sure the chef who taught Seo Joon about Tteok Galbi will be pleased to see him turn to short-cut by blending the meat. I guess it's not easy to tell the difference when there's no standard to compare with.

I am a bit concern when all the guests say the meals they had at Youn's Stay is the best. I'm not doubting the quality of the food, it's just that how can it be the best when there are so many restaurants out there to try? Do they just don't know what to try, that's why? Or because of COVID they can't go out and about?

I was intrigued with the conversation the intern boys talked about medical clinics/hospitals in South Korea. LOL. And oh-la-la, the German guy caught my attention. Very good-looking. Heh. Unfortunately he lost some brownie points for being a vegan. xP

The talk about dentists are relatable because the people here are scared off dentists too. My first visit to dentist here I was so awed by the fact that they have a TV on top of me and offered me sunglasses. Westerners really need to toughen up.

I thought the idea of Youn's Stay was to serve Royal Palace dishes at Hanok, but I don't think spicy pork bulgogi is considered a palace dish (not listed in Wikipedia too). I guess same for the fried chicken since fried stuff didn't get introduced until the Americans arrive. I'd prefer they stick to fine dining type of cuisine.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Oops. I forgot what's happened in episode 6 but I guess it's a continuation of guests from episode 5. All the memory that's left were the short moment of @SilverMoonTea and I talking about which intern we like. :laugh: Tea likes the Swiss (although she can't differentiate between the Italian and Swiss guys lol lol) and I still think German is the best-looking (and most clean cut). Other than that the African guy is cute. Wanna pinch his cheeks kind of cute. French is not bad too. Bwahahaha.

Does the casts actually liked the priest's drawings or not because my interpretation is that their reaction is rather negative. Woo Shik keeps teasing Yumi with her drawings too in episode 7.

What's with Seo Jin's obsession with over-cooking the pork, LOLLL. Even in episode 7 I was worried he's going to ruin the dish by just stand guarding in front of the pot. I'm not sure I want to trade the deep fried vegetable crackers with Seo Joon's pancake rolls because for one, the crackers are easier to make than the pancake rolls. Secondly I think it would still taste better than the rolls judging by the reactions of those who ate the crackers vs those who had the pancake rolls. Same for the dessert. I prefer having refreshing pear & mint ice over the heavier taste dessert like the rice cake waffle with honey & strawberries. I'm not sure why they ditch a less time-consuming dish for the entree and dessert over a so much more time-consuming new dishes. They should just change the main dishes and keep the entree and dessert simple. Na PD wants to add new challenges?

And it's because of these time-consuming dishes that the food are not prepared quick enough to feed the guests. Usually the first set of guests would have completed their meal by the time the second set came. This time, we see that the food was served late; order was forgotten; Woo Shik and Seo Jin are rushing a lot.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle@LaLaFinally watched ep 7. 

Actually this Seo Jin and Yumi have some nice teasing auras... that make my shipper heart a bit beating hahaha....:hearties:

Especially when they make skewer and she said oppa you only managed to make 1 ? And previously Seo Jin also compliment her skewer looks best and neat. 

Well pardon me, I at least need to married my oppa ahjussi off. Hahaha.... I'm so curious who can win his heart (if any).

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I actually stopped ep 7 halfway last week. 

So I just finished it today. @mademoiselle

My fav will be when LSJ crumbled when cooking waffles and burnt them away haha... His normally steady composured quite disrupted hahaha..  

I'm lil hungry looking at those honey waffles... 

Are you going to watch ep8? Next episode they made it like it'll be a huge challenge because the guest is allergic to seafood.

• Like 1
On 07/03/2021 at 11:47 AM, mademoiselle said:

Are you going to watch ep8? Next episode they made it like it'll be a huge challenge because the guest is allergic to seafood.

Yeah maybe I watch the last ep 8 next week lols. If I still remember it. Too many dramas, and I also want to watch Jo In Sung's Unexpected Business.

@stroppyse this thread seems not in variety show directory yet, can help to add?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really love this kind of reality show! 

I love Youn's Kitchen, Unexpected Business, Three Meals a Day, Youn's Stay, Restaurant on Wheels, their recipes i can copy and make them at home, very very delicious! Well except Unexpected Business of course, they only serve Ramyeon with crab as broth lol.

I love Lee Seo Jin, arrogant, no sweet tounge but always caring and honest. 

I havent watched Korean Hostel before, i think they will rerun on March 15th. Love Hae Jin and Seung Won. Hae Jin is very fit and healthy.

Back to Youn's Stay, i hope this team will be stay until next season, love how wooshik play with Yu Mi's picture lol, the picture indeed scary hahahahaha!

• Like 2
On 2/27/2021 at 11:33 AM, mademoiselle said:

I'm not sure I want to trade the deep fried vegetable crackers with Seo Joon's pancake rolls because for one, the crackers are easier to make than the pancake rolls. Secondly I think it would still taste better than the rolls judging by the reactions of those who ate the crackers vs those who had the pancake rolls.

I too if I can choose I'd pick the vegetable crackers instead of the vegetable rolls because I love crackers/chips hahaha. But I guess they change the menu for a suitable one for winter season? The crackers might be too oily to be served as appetizer during the winter season? And because there's nothing special about the vegetable rolls (except the colorful pancake) that's why there's not so much reaction. Those who loved it did express the enjoyment (example the cool Mother from US)

On 2/27/2021 at 11:33 AM, mademoiselle said:

Same for the dessert. I prefer having refreshing pear & mint ice over the heavier taste dessert like the rice cake waffle with honey & strawberries

Once again, I think they changed it to suit it better with the season. Not everyone would enjoy eating ice cream in cold weather. They choose waffle because it's warm, but I guess they miscalculated it for the first time about how long it will take to cook. Proof that the family from Mongolia in ep 7 have to wait for quite time because Seo Jin has yet to get use with the waffle maker and even burnt some LOL.

He has gotten an upgrade in ep 8. He prepared it before the dinner time and will heat it before he served it. 

I enjoyed watching the first batch of winter season guests. Their interaction was so warm. The young children from Mongolia were cute and the parents from US was really cool. The duo friends looks so friendly too.

Second batch of winter seasons featured group of female friends who studied neurosciences, groups of men who studies math and group of friends. The food allergies did scare our casts a little because most of their food use mushroom and seafood for the soup base. Other than that there's someone who can't eat nuts and apples. Thankfully with more explanation and confirmation, they can prepare the food without changing too much. They just have to take away the mushrooms and kelp for the broth then it's quite safe. 

The neurosciences team seems to fall in love with your oppa @SilverMoonTea xD. They tell him they like his cologne and praise his dimples.

To be honest when the group of friends who studied maths were talking, I didn't really look at the screen because it sounds boring LOL. All they talk are related with math this and that hahaha 

• Haha 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Fiinished ep 8.

@LaLa@mademoiselle@Tothestars:

- LSJ claim about his feet getting smaller as he getting older is so funny. He really make the team liven up with this claim. 

- The Brazil, Germany and couples discussion on how safe Korea is really new to me. I didn't know you can just left your belongings like laptop and it won't get stolen. 

- I enjoyed the BGM from this show a lot. Hey Mickey song & Lemon Tree, was like from eon ago lols...

Spoiler

Spoiler

@TothestarsI love Korean Hostel! You definitely should try it. @jeijei& @LaLa also enjoyed this. There is something beautiful & inspiring with this show. Because all those pilgrims have their own stories they carry while climbing the rough path in Santiago trail . And the hostel is like healing place for them. Not to say, CSW food is to die for, and I felt the casts really work super hard on this show. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

- LSJ claim about his feet getting smaller as he getting older is so funny. He really make the team liven up with this claim. 

- The Brazil, Germany and couples discussion on how safe Korea is really new to me. I didn't know you can just left your belongings like laptop and it won't get stolen. 

Yes, he really telling the truth but no one believe him lol, i believe LSJ is not a person who like to lie to get attention right, but the story is too funny lol, the way he told it seriously, became so funny naturally lol!

Yeah i thought only in Japan is the safest place in Asia, never thought Korea also very safe. I think both countries really practice Confucianism in their daily life. Although Confucious is from China, but turns out Japan and Korea are the ones who really implement it.

I will watch Korean Hostel, it will start aired tomorrow March 15th on TvN. Oh i believe Cha Seung Yoon's dishes are top notch, they were very luck to have him as the chef!

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I enjoyed the BGM from this show a lot. Hey Mickey song & Lemon Tree, was like from eon ago lols...

True! Ahahaha i think the song was in my teen ages lol.... 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The Brazil, Germany and couples discussion on how safe Korea is really new to me. I didn't know you can just left your belongings like laptop and it won't get stolen.

I find it difficult to believe after watching so many crime kdramas :laugh:But I can attest to Japan where they don't touch your things. I left my backpack on the train with my tablet in it. The station sent it back to my hotel. :yoongibtscheer:

9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

LSJ claim about his feet getting smaller as he getting older is so funny. He really make the team liven up with this claim. 

The whole conversation was hilarious. He's probably not wrong that his feet shrunk as it can become smaller when one lose weight or get old but his story is a bit far-fetched, LOL! I think it can also be how the structure/design of the shoes. Don't we all go slightly one size up or down?

We're up to episode 9 now. Is it available to you yet? Nothing big / much happening though. They did well albeit there were some strict dietary requirements.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some article related to LSJ & Youn's Stay

Having worked on seven programs with the PD, the actor also shared how he continues to work with Na Young Suk because he likes how all of Na Young Suk’s programs are very down-to-earth.

The interviewer pointed out that Lee Seo Jin seemed to be the most comfortable in “Three Meals a Day” because he is the oldest. Contrary to the assumption, Lee Seo Jin said that “Youn’s Kitchen” was the most comfortable program for him. He explained, “First of all, you stay and live in one place. Your lifestyle is regularized, and the view and weather are beautiful.”

Full Articles :

https://www.goodtoseo.com/lee-seo-jin-shares-why-he-continues-to-work-with-pd-na-young-suk-on-variety-shows/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ep 9

- That mathematician & scientist playing game quite funny. None of them can throw into the target. 😆

- Suyuk soup with apples quite interesting. 

- Waffle with ice cream looks nice. The green colour of mugwort make it more beautiful. I'm hungry 🥲😋

- The guys play soccer together, its nice to see them warming to each other quickly. Btw the BGM song was nice, but idk the title. 

- YJ : I heard you guys allergic to everything, LOLS

- What cologne LSJ wear lols? Haha

- Perfect age is 28, according the math group. Next perfect number 496. Why, how? :thinking: lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Perfect age is 28, according the math group. Next perfect number 496. Why, how?

Google Perfect Numbers - it'll tell you. I read it but I don't understand it, LOL.

What cologne LSJ wear lols?

I was thinking of you, "Tea!! The girl is hitting on your man!" :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Maybe @abs-oluteM can understand Perfect Numbers and dumb it down for us @SilverMoonTea. I must say I tried to read the first link it showed up and I'm just out in less than a minute.

errrr I teach Accounts...hmmmm this is like Math...no way I know what the heck is happening :pandascared:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Tag @TRaNzjust to make u hungry lols...

Injeolmi Mugwort Waffel with Ice Cream

download-22.jpg

That is soooooooooo niicceeee...omo omo omo.....I want to try it...I dont think I've had Mugwort before? hmmmmmmm

Is the show getting surprise guest appearances from other K-Celebs or Idols? Might have to peak at a few episodes.

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

33 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

That is soooooooooo niicceeee...omo omo omo.....I want to try it...I dont think I've had Mugwort before? hmmmmmmm

Is the show getting surprise guest appearances from other K-Celebs or Idols? Might have to peak at a few episodes.

I also no idea what mugwort taste like, but the colour just so nice! Haha... and its waffle ice cream! 

The food quite artistic. This spring roll colour also so pretty. 

download-23.jpg

But sorry, no Kpop idol / celeb as guest, lols... The guest mostly are foreigners who stay in Korea. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1