Doom At Your Service 어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 [2021]

tvN has released a behind-the-scenes video from the script reading of the upcoming drama “Doom at Your Service”!

7225bad66c6e43399da746ece33c88ee.jpeg?s=

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a man called “doom” who causes everything he touches to vanish (Seo In Guk), and a woman who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate (Park Bo Young). It is written by Im Me-ari (“Beauty Inside”) and directed by Kwon Young Il (“My Unfamiliar Family”).

Park Bo Young stars as Tak Dong Kyung, a woman who has lived an ordinary life without any clear goals or dreams. When she suddenly only has 100 days to live, she makes a risky contract with a mysterious figure to change her fate.

Seo In Guk stars as Myul Mang (literally means “ruin” or “doom”), whom the actor introduces as, “He’s not human. He’s a character that wishes for the destruction of the world.” Although his character walks alone through the streets of crowded people, he finds himself drawn to Tak Dong Kyung’s combative personality.

The drama also stars Lee Soo Hyuk as Cha Joo Ik, the head editor at the web novel publisher where Tak Dong Kyung works. He is described as the “master” of the first kiss and helps his web novelists to create better romantic stories by giving them romantic inspiration in real life. In the video, Park Bo Young admires his acting and says, “He comes in with such a sweet smile and then turns perfectly cold as soon as filming is about to start.”

Kang Tae Oh appears as Lee Hyun Kyu, a café owner who regrets running away from his first love. Shin Do Hyun plays Na Ji Na, a web novelist who gets caught up in a love triangle between Cha Joo Ik and Lee Hyun Kyu. The actress said, “This is my first time acting in a love story. I hope to show my growth as I walk this path strewn with roses and thorns.”

Other cast members include Jung Ji So, SF9’s Dawon, and Woo Hee Jin.

Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk shared that they were drawn to the drama because the script was entertaining. Park Bo Young said, “I felt like I could deeply relate to the character as I read, and I hope the viewers feel that too.” Seo In Guk said, “The character was very appealing and I really wanted to play him.”

Asked how they felt about working with each other, Park Bo Young laughed and said, “It’s about time! I felt that we would work together sometime, so I’m glad that we could meet in such a great project.” Seo In Guk said, “We’ve met several times offscreen. There are several directors that we’ve both worked with in separate projects. So we’ve always wanted to work together.”

The cast was also asked what wishes they would make if they only had 100 days to live. Shin Do Hyun exclaimed, “I think everyone would have said mine already! Wishing for more wishes (Lee Soo Hyuk made this wish), or wishing to live longer (Seo In Guk made this wish) or wishing that my loved ones wouldn’t be too sad (Park Bo Young made this wish).”

Check out the video below!

“Doom at Your Service” premieres sometime in May.

source

• Like 3

From CJEM Page

Ex9dpv9VoAY8YQd?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

B120211171_16170918193580_HL.jpg

Synopsis

Dong-kyung has been working hard ever since her parents passed away. Her life seems to get stable after working as an web novel editor for 6 years, but one day she gets diagnosed with a brain cancer. She blames her unlucky life and wishes to curse everything to disappear, which unintentionally calls Myul Mang, a messenger between humans and gods, to appear. He says that he can grant her wishes. As her last hope, she makes a contract with Myul Mang for hundred days to live as how she wants, risking her everything.

The Characters

Myul Mang (Seo In-guk)

Myul Mang is a messenger between gods and humans. Without any intention nor passion, he follows fates only, so his job gets boring often. However, one day he has come to devote his compassion and love to an unexpected life that has suffered a terrible fate. 

Tak Dong-kyung (Park Bo-young) 

Dong-kyung is a web novel editor. Due to an accident, she lost her parents when she was young. Since then she lived an hardworking life. However, one day a brain tumor has been found on her head, which only allows her to live 100 days. She decides to bet her life on an unexpected fate who intervened her life. 

---

I will update this on the first page too.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 3

Whoah.. so excited after the poster release! 

Wait wait... reading the synipsos and thinking back to the title, 100 day contract, Doom at your service? This doesn't really hint a good ending, right?

Ex9dpv9VoAY8YQd?format=jpg&name=large

Whoaa.. both have good chemistry even we havent seen them yet. Just looking at this picture, their looking eyes to eyes, they look so in love, that kind of feeling. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

New! Character Posters

When you put both of them together, it looks like a heart, no? Am I going crazy? :eeeee:

Spoiler

cuvcNEz.png

I just read the synopsis in more detail. Brain tumor? A messenger from heaven? Will it be a happy ending? :scaredpanda2:

• Haha 5
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

When you put both of them together, it looks like a heart, no? Am I going crazy? :eeeee:

I just read the synopsis in more detail. Brain tumor? A messenger from heaven? Will it be a happy ending? :scaredpanda2:

I see a heart too! :heart:

Illness storylines are not my favourite due to their potential for makjang, noble idiocy plotlines and also lots of crying. Also I'm jaded with endings after DDSSLLS :psweatduck:...

I'm hoping for a good happy ending...but if they want to do bittersweet I hope it's done in a tasteful and palatable way! :MewHi:

• Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Kkkk I just realise the makjang potentials of this drama with the brain tumor   . Then there’s a secondary love triangle. PBY must be teasing when she says the premise isn’t that dark . 

Let’s check this writer’s history! 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Not much history to go by. The writer wrote The Beauty Inside - which I didn't like. Hahaha but it's at least a happy ending.

@Tofu I think it wouldn't be a bad ending and I'm even OK if she dies and becomes another Myung Mang working alongside Seo In Guk.

I'm more concern with whether we'll get a good storyline regardless of the premise (sigh, I don't like it too). But I'm really hoping it'll be a more meaningful drama/plot. For some reason, PBY's dramas had all been fantasy-based. After Oh My Ghost, the story-telling of her dramas had not been good. Abyss was terrible and since she's pairing up with Seo In Guk I really want to enjoy / like this one.

• Like 4
On 4/5/2021 at 7:43 PM, mademoiselle said:

For some reason, PBY's dramas had all been fantasy-based. After Oh My Ghost, the story-telling of her dramas had not been good. Abyss was terrible and since she's pairing up with Seo In Guk I really want to enjoy / like this one.

Yeah, PBY does do a lot of fantasy films/ dramas. Man, don't get me started on Abyss! I can't believe I didn't drop it...it was soooo, soooooo bad, but I liked PBY and AHS and it was during lockdown where I had so much time on my hands :idk:

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon was so cute and I loved her with PHS :BulbaOWO::hearties: And at first the gangster subplot was funny...but I do remember an unnecessary drag in the last couple of episodes when they could have spent more time on the main characters!

Anyway, here's hoping that the writer is able to do something good with the storyline. I like the idea of destruction walking through the door and I'm committed to watching even though there's going to be  brain tumour storyline :psweatduck:

• Like 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

5 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yeah, PBY does do a lot of fantasy films/ dramas. Man, don't get me started on Abyss! I can't believe I didn't drop it...it was soooo, soooooo bad, but I liked PBY and AHS and it was during lockdown where I had so much time on my hands.

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon was so cute and I loved her with PHS. And at first the gangster subplot was funny...but I do remember an unnecessary drag in the last couple of episodes when they could have spent more time on the main characters!

Yup, I love Min Min and Bong Bong. They were the reason why I enjoyed that silly show. The gangster subplot was completely unnecessary, I really dislike that actor playing the head of the gangster — he was unnecessary in Romantic Doctor as well. I never find him funny. Same sentiment as you about Abyss. I watched it because of PBY and AHS and thought what could go wrong? Their chemistry just wasn't as good as her with Park Hyung Sik.

Fingers crossed she'll have awesome chemi with In Guk coz how can she not :psweatduck:

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle the teaser is a lot lighter than I expected. Maybe won’t be so makjang after all. 

Hahahaha I don't think it'll be makjang but I don't entirely trust short teasers like this. BTW, I thought It's OK not to be OK was gonna be fun and light, and look how it turns out (even though I thoroughly enjoyed it).

• Like 4
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I am so grateful you still remember to summon me even though I have flown your kite a couple of times :cry:

But this looks super cute, much more than I expected especially since the posters gave off such a dreamy vibe. PBY is so adorable! SIG not really my cup of tea but I think he has that otherworldly look that works quite well here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

i loved park bo young in almost everything except abyss.... it was a mess... strong woman do bong soon was my fav and she was point on with Jo jung Suk in oh my ghostess.... i just wish her shows to do well.... planning to watch this solely because of her...

BTW I loved her the most with Song Joong Ki and Cha Tae Hyun in Werewolf Boy and Scandal Makers respectively.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

1 hour ago, movingwheel said:

i loved park bo young in almost everything except abyss.... it was a mess... strong woman do bong soon was my fav and she was point on with Jo jung Suk in oh my ghostess.... i just wish her shows to do well.... planning to watch this solely because of her...

BTW I loved her the most with Song Joong Ki and Cha Tae Hyun in Werewolf Boy and Scandal Makers respectively.

The above is basically what I feel too! Except that I love her most in OMG with JJS, second in Werewolf with SJK. Scandal Makers, watched it, but didn’t leave much impression on me when I watched it. Dropped Abyss. Tried very hard to persevere but wasn’t able to. 

I love PBY and SIG, so I do hope this show will be good. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love