Doom At Your Service 어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 [2021]

Doom At Your Service

EzUZurfVUAERqOr?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Spoiler

EyLcf5rUcAAJ-tA?format=jpg&name=4096x409EyLcf_fVIAAVUd6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EzUiRTtUYAMVRRm?format=jpg&name=4096x4096EzUiRoMVkAELAyy?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

ExnNb9cVgAAKzYc?format=jpg&name=largeExnN7_XU8AINUNr?format=jpg&name=largeEy0nKh6U8AEKaHO?format=jpg&name=largeEzUiRTtVcAY1Ggr?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Literal title: One day, Destruction Entered The Front Door Of My House

Hangul title: 어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다

Broadcast station: tvN

Online streaming site: VIKI / VIU

Director: Kwon Young Il

Writer: Im Meari

Episodes: 16

Schedule: 10 May - 29 June, 2021 (Mon - Tue)

Other reference: Naver | NamuWiki | CJ ENM | AsianWiki |

Synopsis

Dong-kyung has been working hard ever since her parents passed away. Her life seems to get stable after working as an web novel editor for 6 years, but one day she gets diagnosed with a brain cancer. She blames her unlucky life and wishes to curse everything to disappear, which unintentionally calls Myul Mang, a messenger between humans and gods, to appear. He says that he can grant her wishes. As her last hope, she makes a contract with Myul Mang for hundred days to live as how she wants, risking her everything.

The Characters

Myul Mang (Seo In-guk)

Myul Mang is a messenger between gods and humans. Without any intention nor passion, he follows fates only, so his job gets boring often. However, one day he has come to devote his compassion and love to an unexpected life that has suffered a terrible fate. 

Tak Dong-kyung (Park Bo-young) 

Dong-kyung is a web novel editor. Due to an accident, she lost her parents when she was young. Since then she lived an hardworking life. However, one day a brain tumor has been found on her head, which only allows her to live 100 days. She decides to bet her life on an unexpected fate who intervened her life. 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

[News] 2020.12.18 Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk, Lee Soo Hyuk, And More Confirmed For New Fantasy Drama

tvN’s upcoming drama “One Day Destruction Came Through My Front Door” (literal translation) has confirmed its lead cast!

Previously known as “Ruin,” “One Day Destruction Came Through My Door” is a fantasy romance drama about a man known as “destruction” who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. The drama is written by Im Me-ari, who wrote “Beauty Inside,” and directed by Kwon Young Il, who directed “My Unfamiliar Family.”

Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk, Lee Soo Hyuk, Kang Tae Oh, and Shin Do Hyun are confirmed to star in the drama. Park Bo Young will play Tak Dong Kyung, an editor at a web novel publisher. She is living an ordinary life when she stumbles into a strange fate and puts her life and love on the line.

Seo In Guk will play the character known as “ruin” or “destruction” (myulmang in Korean), who makes a contract with Tak Dong Kyung. When an unexpected character gets caught up in his tragic fate, he decides to put his love and compassion on the line to save her.

Lee Soo Hyuk will play Cha Joo Ik, Tak Dong Kyung’s co-worker at the web novel publisher. He is described as a “master” of the first kiss, and inspires his web novelists to new romantic heights with his sweet words and heart-fluttering gestures.

Kang Tae Oh will play Lee Hyun Kyu, who has a lot of regrets about his first love. He is Cha Joo Ik’s roommate and runs a café. As a boy, he ran away from love, and is now going through growing pains as an adult so he can find his first love again.

Shin Do Hyun will play Na Ji Na, a web novelist who gets caught up in a love triangle between Cha Joo Ik, the master of first kisses, and Lee Hyun Kyu, the man who regrets his first love.

A source from the drama stated, “Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk, Lee Soo Hyuk, Kang Tae Oh, and Shin Do Hyun have been confirmed as the leads. These are actors you can trust, so their chemistry promises to be explosive once they come together. Please look forward to the ‘100-day fantasy romance’ that they will create together.”

Source (1) via soompi

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young spotted filming

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

I'm looking forward to this one! I love Park Bo Young :hearties: And the title sounds so interesting - I like weird titles, especially the ridiculously long ones. Also does @Jane know that Kang Tae-Oh is in this? :BulbaOWO: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL @Tofu It's working/literal title. I'm sure they will change it later like Sunbae Don't Put On That Lipstick is now She Would Never Know. Funny thing is I thought Sunbae was long, this is even worse

Noooo, but I like this ridiculously long and weird title :psweatduck:  Please let it be something Destruction related! 

I also liked Sunbae Don't Put on That Lipstick. I've been a bit meh for the drama since the name change - She Would Never Know sounds more boring to me. Like it just sounds like a really conventional romance title :PikachuFacePalm: The first name had a bit more character and made you wonder what's up with the lipstick?! Also sounded a bit more cheeky and fun - like younger guy begging more senior female colleague not to make herself pretty for others :smug:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I thought Sunbae was long, this is even worse

I thought the long one was “I will go to you when the weather is fine” 10 words. But this drama “One day, destruction enters the front door of my house” beats it with more character count 😂

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I also liked Sunbae Don't Put on That Lipstick. I've been a bit meh for the drama since the name change - She Would Never Know sounds more boring to me. Like it just sounds like a really conventional romance title

I agree

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I thought the long one was “I will go to you when the weather is fine” 10 words. 

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@ktcjdrama Hahahaha that one is super long too. I think it has several version and eventually shorten to When the Weather is Fine, which still work and linked to original title. Better than a complete name change like Sunbae Don't Put on that Lipstick.

Maybe they can just shorten Destruction Visited My House One Day. Hahaha

@ktcjdrama I also liked that title a lot too! ...Yeah, I really like long and description-y titles :laugh:I haven't watched the series yet, but it's next on my list since I like Park Min Young, Lee Jae Wook and a few others in that project

@mademoiselle That would be the perfect! Lol, I would even settle with Destruction at my House over a complete name change. The name needs to have personality and be :edgy:

• Haha 4

@JenL When the Weather is Fine, I'll Come Find You is actually a pretty poetic, soothing drama. I quite like it. I'm surprised you haven't seen it yet with your love for Jae Wook. LOL. I'm not crazy in love with him but coincidentally I watched all the dramas with him in it :lol: The only one I hadn't seen was the movie.

Probably have to add "is" so that it reads as Destruction is at My House due to In Guk's identity being Destruction. Or maybe like the article above, they'll just name the english title as Ruin. :psweatduck:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Probably have to add "is" so that it reads as Destruction is at My House due to In Guk's identity being Destruction.

I like this one. 

That Sunbae drama, they should just shorten it to “Sunbae, Don’t...!!”  then it can include many other things besides putting on lipstick haha...

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL When the Weather is Fine, I'll Come Find You is actually a pretty poetic, soothing drama. I quite like it. I'm surprised you haven't seen it yet with your love for Jae Wook. LOL. I'm not crazy in love with him but coincidentally I watched all the dramas with him in it . The only one I hadn't seen was the movie.

Isn't it just such a pretty name? :BulbaOWO: I've been eyeing it for some time, but needed time to get over DDSSLLS and also it's always the trade off between whether I start a new series or start an older series I haven't seen. 

Haha I'm already charmed by LJW by just seeing 2 series he's been in...imagine if I had seen everything. I think the levels of obsession might be worse :laugh: 

18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Probably have to add "is" so that it reads as Destruction is at My House due to In Guk's identity being Destruction. Or maybe like the article above, they'll just name the english title as Ruin. :psweatduck:

Ruin?! Meh, what a plain name! :shocked: Bring back the 10 word title! 

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

They should just shorten it to “Sunbae, Don’t...!!”  then it can include many other things besides putting on lipstick haha...

Hahahaha....I love this. You should be paid for naming dramas :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, JenL said:

it's always the trade off between whether I start a new series or start an older series I haven't seen.

My answer would be BOTH!

Spoiler

Coz I'm still waiting for you to drop by Sweet Home for thoughts!

24 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

That Sunbae drama, they should just shorten it to “Sunbae, Don’t...!!”  then it can include many other things besides putting on lipstick haha...

:laugh: It can mean way too many things. It's quite apt though, bwahaha. Maybe it wouldn't work out as well in Google/Naver search. Will you be checking this out? Btw, I recommend Sweet Home.

I've been reluctant to change the drama thread title because I didn't like "She Would Never Know".

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

It can mean way too many things. It's quite apt though, bwahaha. Maybe it wouldn't work out as well in Google/Naver search. Will you be checking this out? Btw, I recommend Sweet Home.

I've been reluctant to change the drama thread title because I didn't like "She Would Never Know".

Don’t...!! change the thread title (yet)... Everyone knows anyway. Yes I plan to watch it because I like the leads. Sweet Home on my list, will get to it soon. Too many dramas right now LOL (what else is new?)

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

On 1/4/2021 at 2:46 PM, mademoiselle said:

I've been reluctant to change the drama thread title because I didn't like "She Would Never Know"

Sunbae .....sounds much nicer . I agree with @ktcjdrama everyone knows it as that . So we should just keep it . 

I will definitely check this one out since the cast is awesome. Interesting that there are two romances & the secondary romance actually has a love triangle. Btwn Kang Tae Oh & Lee Soo Hyuk , I think my shallow choice would be KTO ! :Ghastlel:

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

42 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Sunbae .....sounds much nicer . I agree with @ktcjdrama everyone knows it as that . So we should just keep it

Hahaha! I shall agree with you all. Funny though even the main casts themselves NG saying it because the title is too long.

With this drama, according to C-fans, the drama sourcing for sponsorship advertised the drama as something like "One day, Destruction Entered My House".

42 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Btwn Kang Tae Oh & Lee Soo Hyuk , I think my shallow choice would be KTO ! 

We shall see. LSH has better "abs" isn't it?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4