Youth of May 오월의 청춘 [2021]

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Omg what does it mean by unidentified remains @mademoiselle?:pandascared:. So it’s gonna be like a flashback type drama . 

Hahahahahahaha I honestly have no idea! But it's interesting that it began with a set of dead remains! I am not aware it's a mystery melodrama so maybe it's just someone's dead body who was involved in the Gwangju incident... :pandascared:

• Insightful 2

New stills

Stills of Lee Do Hyun’s first appearance in “Youth of May” have been released!

“Youth of May” is a new romance drama about the fateful meeting of Hwang Hee Tae (played by Lee Do Hyun) and Kim Myung Hee (played by Go Min Si), who fall in love amidst the whirlwind of events that take place in May 1980, a historically significant time period in South Korea.

Hwang Hee Tae is accepted to Seoul National University’s medical school at the top of his class and becomes the subject of signs hung up all around Gwangju. He becomes a famous figure in his hometown and ends up facing various prejudices about him.

The images released on April 29 give a glimpse of Hee Tae arriving in a sleek sports car. Driving through a protest of students who gaze at him coldly, he nonchalantly smiles while wearing a pair of sunglasses.

Lee Do Hyun commented, “Hee Tae appears to be carefree on the outside, but he is a character with bold courage and drive to break stereotypes and prejudices. It should be fun watching how Hee Tae changes completely depending on his relationships with the people he meets.”

source

KBS has released new stills of Lee Sang Yi and Geum Sae Rok in the upcoming drama “Youth of May.”

“Youth of May” is a melodrama about the romance between Hwang Hee Tae (Lee Do Hyun) and Kim Myung Hee (Go Min Si) set against the turbulent backdrop of May 1980, a historically significant time period in South Korea.

Geum Sae Rok stars as Lee Soo Ryun, a law student from a wealthy family and a close friend of Kim Myung Hee. She is nicknamed “Joan of Arc” as a frontrunner of the student movements in the 1980s, and she takes up this role because she doesn’t feel comfortable with her elite background.

In the new stills, Geum Sae Rok shows her character’s two sides, from her bright and refreshing smile to her more serious focus and attention to detail. Standing in the shadow of her father, Lee Chang Geun (Uhm Hyo Seop), who is a typical capitalist, she feels a sense of responsibility to join the student movement.

The actress said, “She’s someone who champions workers’ rights despite being the daughter of a capitalist. She’s torn between these two sides of her life. I hope that I can make viewers feel the internal battle that she’s fighting. Therefore, I’m working hard in particular at the scenes showing the student movement.”

Lee Sang Yi co-stars as Lee Soo Chan, Lee Soo Ryun’s older brother. He is a businessman who works at a trading company after returning from his studies abroad in France. He starts to fall for Kim Myung Hee, his sister’s friend, after seeing her all grown up when he returns from abroad. However, he gets caught up in a love triangle when Hwang Hee Tae makes his fateful entrance into their lives.

In the stills, Lee Sang Yi flashes a warm smile at Go Min Si. Even though Lee Soo Chan is the eldest son of a wealthy family, he admires Kim Myung Hee’s tenaciousness in building a life for herself and taking care of her family despite adverse circumstances.

Lee Sang Yi said, “[Go Min Si] has an amazing ability to focus. She immerses herself in a situation and her character to the point that it completely changes the atmosphere on set. When I’m acting with her, I naturally feel more focused and energized.”

Go Min Si said, “Lee Sang Yi takes the time to carefully review the complicated relationships his character has with other characters, and brings out Lee Soo Chan’s gentlemanlike demeanor with his own unique charm. He’s a witty actor and is always understanding of his partner, just like his character, so I think that viewers will fall for Lee Soo Chan as well.”

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2

5th teaser

KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Youth of May” shared another preview!

“Youth of May” is about the fateful meeting of Hwang Hee Tae (played by Lee Do Hyun) and Kim Myung Hee (played by Go Min Si), who fall in love amidst the whirlwind of events that take place in May 1980, a historically significant time period in South Korea. Lee Sang Yi and Geum Sae Rok play siblings Lee Soo Chan and Lee Soo Ryun, respectively.

The new teaser shows the bickering relationship between Hwang Hee Tae and Lee Soo Ryun. He visits her while she’s in the middle of a heated protest, and she demands why he’s here. He slyly comments, “I thought you and I had a date,” and she vehemently tells him to buzz off. However, the two end up eating with Lee Soo Chan and Kim Myung Hee, and Lee Soo Chan asks Hwang Hee Tae why he’s dating his sister, raising questions about the relationship between Hwang Hee Tae and Lee Soo Ryun.

The clip also shows Hwang Hee Tae and Kim Myung Hee’s sweet dates, but their love story is about to hit a wall. Hwang Tae hee’s father Hwang Ki Nam (Oh Man Seok) tells someone to keep tabs on his son, hinting that trouble is on the way. Hwang Ki Nam meets up with Lee Soo Chan for a mysterious reason, and Lee Soo Ryun bursts into tears in front of Kim Myung Hee. The clip ends with Kim Myung Hee quietly asking Lee Soo Ryun, “If I leave again, will everything be resolved?”

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2
16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

In the 5th teaser... so he’s been pursuing two girls? 😱

I love Go Min Si styling here. I think she is well suited for the role. LOL, they acted as siblings in Sweet Home and here they will be lovers. What are the odds of that happening in a kdrama pairing? 😆

Maybe he's just "teasing"...

This is the gist of the preview is posted with the preview now. Scroll up. ^ ^

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Thanks 2