Youth of May 오월의 청춘 [2021]

Lee Do Hyun And Go Min Si’s Upcoming Romance Drama Unveils Mellow Teaser Poster

@abs-oluteM

Landscape version

EyaaRZkVIAQMoAr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Potrait version

Spoiler

EybYuHJU8AAz6n7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

KBS 2TV’s new drama “Youth of May” unveiled a poster of the two main characters!

“Youth of May” follows Hwang Hee Tae (Lee Do Hyun) and Kim Myung Hee (Go Min Si), who have a fateful meeting in the middle of the whirlwind of events that takes place in May 1980, a historically significant time period in South Korea.

In the poster, the warm sunlight of May shines on Lee Do Hyun and Go Min Si, who are sweetly facing each other. The image gives off a retro vibe like it was taken with a film camera, highlighting the drama’s setting. The props surrounding them, such as the bus stop sign board, the green bench, and the black-and-white flyers on the pole, takes viewers back to the ’80s.

However, unlike Lee Do Hyun’s refreshingly wide smile, Go Min Si only has a small smile on her face. Their poses also reflect their characters’ contrasting personalities: Lee Do Hyun confidently leaning against a pole with his arms crossed and Go Min Si shyly sitting on a bench with her hands folded in her lap. Interestingly, Go Min Si is not meeting Lee Do Hyun’s gaze, raising questions about the romance that will be portrayed in “Youth of May.”

“Youth of May” is slated to premiere on May 3 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Lee Do Hyun Shares Insight Into His Character In Upcoming Retro Romance Drama “Youth Of May”

Lee Do Hyun talked about his upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Youth of May”!

“Youth of May” will highlight the passion that underlies a group of young adults living through May 1980, a historically significant time period in Korea. The retro romance drama stars Lee Do Hyun as Hwang Hee Tae, a medical student who has a sly and mischievous side but is determined and driven underneath, and Go Min Si as Kim Myung Hee, a nurse three years into her career who has gone through all sorts of hardships.

Although Hwang Hee Tae entered Seoul National University’s medical school with top scores, he postpones his graduation due to a trauma from an incident. Lee Do Hyun will portray the hidden wound his character harbors behind his trademark refreshing personality and brazen attitude.

Lee-Do-Hyun-2.jpg

Lee Do Hyun shared, “Hee Tae appears to be carefree and lighthearted, but he’s a figure who is more thoughtful than anyone else on the inside. I think I’m similar to him in this aspect.” He explained, “On one hand, I wondered if he would be more cautious, but I thought expressing things directly would be more like Hee Tae, so I placed emphasis on that while acting.”

The actor revealed, “This is a project that made me feel, ‘This is youth!’ The tenderness and affection within the project felt very charming to me.”

“Youth of May” will premiere May 3 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser for the drama here!

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Lee Do Hyun And Go Min Si Share An Affectionate Gaze In Upcoming Drama “Youth Of May”

Ey_iZF9VUAAGCmZ?format=jpg&name=medium

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Youth of May” has shared a sneak peek of a tender moment between Lee Do Hyun and Go Min Si!

“Youth of May” will highlight the passion that underlies a group of young adults living through May 1980, a historically significant time period in Korea. Lee Do Hyun takes the role of Hwang Hee Tae, a medical student who has a sly and mischievous side but is determined and driven underneath. Go Min Si plays Kim Myung Hee, a nurse three years into her career who has gone through all sorts of hardships.

On April 15, the drama released stills of the two protagonists making meaningful eye contact. Hwang Hee Tae and Kim Myung Hee are sitting just a short distance away from each other. Hwang Hee Tae looks dotingly at the back of Kim Myung Hee, and when she turns around, she calmly gazes at him with deep eyes.

Ey_iZGEVcAEhsUi?format=jpg&name=medium

Lee Do Hyun and Go Min Si talked about their chemistry in “Youth of May.” Lee Do Hyun said, “Ever since the script reading, I felt like we were in sync, so it’s so much fun when we act together.” Go Min Si commented, “I think Lee Do Hyun has the highest synchronization with his character in this drama. He is the best partner who is always thoroughly prepared and is considerate to make sure I’m not uncomfortable.”

Ey_iZGGUUAAqQCF?format=jpg&name=medium

“Youth of May” will premiere May 3 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

That gunshot at the end of both teasers...I was not expecting it at all. I was still thinking, "Oh, it looks like it's going to be a cute drama" and then boom, gunshot goes off! :scaredpanda2:

I'm not trying to add more drama to my watch list because it's insanely packed at the moment, but I'm probably going to tune in for the first two episodes to see how I like it. I still need to watch 18 Again, but so many dramas no time for all of them. :nervous:

By the way, Lee Sang Yi is not an oppa of mine but I do like his acting and thought he was great in his last drama. He is probably most recognized for Once Again as it was his breakout performance. He's actually a musical actor and probably more well known for that. See spoiler for his cover of the famous La La Land scene. 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu that cover of La La Land was nice . He’s a good dancer . There was this scene when he was seated and then from that position he jumps up on the bench , that takes a lot of core strength!  I can never do that lol!! 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring