Youth of May 오월의 청춘 [2021]

@abs-oluteM See yellow highlight below.

News article of the teaser above:

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Youth of May” released a new teaser!

“Youth of May” will highlight the passion that underlies a group of young adults living through May 1980, a historically significant time period in Korea.

Lee Do Hyun’s character, Hwang Hee Tae, is a medical student who has a sly and mischievous side but is determined and driven underneath. Go Min Si plays Kim Myung Hee, a nurse three years into her career who has gone through all sorts of hardships.

Lee Sang Yi and Geum Sae Rok play the siblings Lee Soo Chan and Lee Soo Ryeon respectively. Lee Soo Chan is warmhearted and carries the responsibility of being the older sibling and carrying on the family business, while Lee Soo Ryeon is an easygoing law student from a wealthy family.

The newly released teaser shows a glimpse of Hwang Tae hee, Kim Myung Hee, Lee Soo Chan, and Lee Soo Ryeon. Hwang Tae hee heads somewhere with resolute eyes, whereas Kim Myung Hee hurries to take care of patients. Lee Soo Ryeon’s eyes are brimming with tears, and Lee Soo Chan’s deep gaze is filled with sadness as well. Hwang Tae Hee’s calm and warm voice narrates, “If it were just a sunny May, we would have loved like it was a soft spring and lived a normal life with a dream. This is a story about such youth.”

“Youth of May” will premiere on May 3 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This has the vibes of When My Love Blooms... but nothing in the present days of course, and sounds tragic... Made me think twice whether I should watch it or not. I want to, but not sure if I am ready for the angst and melos....

It does hint tragic and angst because 1) it's a melodrama 2) the setting is in the 80s. However I'm going to suck it up and try coz I want to watch LDH's acting again. :idk:

• Clapping Hands 2

New Poster :pandalove:

EzZBKIbVkAUZaCl?format=jpg&name=4096x409

source

A new couple poster has been released for “Youth of May”!

The upcoming drama will highlight the passion that underlies a group of young adults living through May 1980, a historically significant time period in Korea. Lee Do Hyun’s character, Hwang Hee Tae, is a medical student who has a sly and mischievous side but is determined and driven underneath. Go Min Si plays Kim Myung Hee, a nurse three years into her career who has gone through all sorts of hardships.

On April 20, the drama released a heart-fluttering new poster. Lee Do Hyun is gazing sweetly at Go Min Si, and they are surrounded by warm lighting. However, their eyes aimed in different directions draws curiosity for the fate of their romance.

The drama’s production team commented, “As the setting is the 1980s when surviving through harsh reality was more important than romantic feelings, Lee Do Hyun and Go Min Si’s youthful romance will be drawn out more emotionally,” and asked viewers to anticipate how their love story will play out.

“Youth of May” will premiere on May 3 at 9:30 p.m. KST via KBS2.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteM, sorry this is late. I totally missed this somehow. Anyway, here is a translation of the vid.

If it had just been a nice ordinary May. If like a hazy Spring, we had loved. If we had embraced our dreams and lived normally. The story of youth like those.

It is sad. This drama seems to be the story of people in their youths who are caught in turbulent times rather than living out ordinary, peaceful lives. Ugh, I can already feel the sadness and conflicts creeping in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@mademoiselleam super excited. The romance looks good.

----------------

Hmm the older guy is his dad right?

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210426_0001420242&cID=10601&pID=10600

NISI20210426_0000734544_web.jpg?rnd=2021

The strange tension between Lee Do-hyun and Oh Man-seok draws the attention of prospective viewers.

KBS 2TV's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Youth of the May' will first air on May 3 at 9:30 pm. This retro human melodrama is about the love story of Hee-tae (played by Lee Do-hyun) and Myeong-hee (played by Go Min-shi) who have fallen in love.

In the photo released on the 26th, Lee Do-hyun (playing Hwang Hee-tae)'s expression of pain was captured. He meets a friend from his hometown, and his complexion is not good, so a heavy atmosphere is sensed. After entering Seoul National University's medical school as a senior, he postponed his graduation and went down to his hometown and it is wondered what he found out.

On the other hand, Man-Seok Oh (played by Hwang Gi-nam) accidentally finds out that his son is meeting with a friend and is watching him with a cold look.

The production crew of 'Youth of May' said, "Lee Do-Hyun is an actor who melts not only character digestibility but also delicate emotional lines, and he plans to perfectly portray the dark inner side of a character hidden by a pleasant personality. In addition,  actor Oh Man-seok,  is an extraordinary rich man with who plays a cold-blooded character. The relationship between them  will make the story interesting.”

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Trailer! Finally something more @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama

Aigooo... so romantic... can this please be the tone for most of the episodes please? I can do with a little bit of angst and melo, but just keep it minimum please.... I am in the mood of some old-school romantic story. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love