Love Alarm 2 좋아하면 울리는 2 [2021]

“Love Alarm 2” Actors Share Insight Into Their Characters + Reveals Glimpses Of New Season

Love-Alarm1.jpg

The actors of “Love Alarm 2” have given insight into the new season!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Love Alarm” is a romance drama set in an alternate reality where people find love through an application that alerts users when someone within a 10-meter radius has feelings for them. The first season told the story of Kim Jo Jo (Kim So Hyun), Hwang Sun Oh (Song Kang), and Lee Hye Young (Jung Ga Ram) as they faced a world in which people can only express their love through the app.

The second season begins four years later when the app has expanded its sphere of influence with a new feature that provides a list of “people you will like” and “people who will like you.”

To build anticipation for the upcoming premiere, “Love Alarm 2” released a new video of the actors talking about their characters along with glimpses from the new season. Kim So Hyun shares, “They were in season one, but the characters have been developed further to show how they changed.” The director adds, “You can expect a more mature romance in the second season.”

Jung Ga Ram shares, “Romance for Hye Young, who’s loyal to Jo Jo, begins to blossom. When we got to hold hands, it gave me butterflies in my stomach.” Kim So Hyun adds, “Jo Jo’s relationship with Hye Young and Sun Oh as well as her confusion. Those were the feelings I worked hard on while playing the role.”

Along with clips of Hwang Sun Oh and Lee Hye Young coming into conflict, Jung Ga Ram explains, “They may be friends, but they’re still wary of each other and grow a little distant.” Song Kang shares, “We had to show that we were friends but also caught in a love triangle. That was the most difficult part of playing the role. But since Ga Ram and I are close, we talk often about these things, so it was easier to portray that on screen. Sun Oh knows more than anyone how Yook Jo (Kim Si Eun) feels, but he keeps making mistakes.”

Jung Ga Ram reveals, “In this season, Jo Jo was someone that I wanted to protect even more.” Kim So Hyun shares, “One could say that Hye Young is earnest. He’s a very mature character who is trusting and patient.” Song Kang reveals that Sun Oh will be completely different from the first season, and the actors ask viewers to anticipate the upcoming season. Jung Ga Ram shares, “We enjoyed filming the show, and we’re excited to be in it.”

source

• Like 1

[News] Kim So Hyun And Song Kang Talk About Their Characters Growing Up In “Love Alarm 2”

song-kang-kim-so-hyun-love-alarm-2.jpg

On March 8, the Netflix series “Love Alarm 2” held an online press conference with director Kim Jin Woo and cast members Kim So Hyun and Song Kang. Jung Ga Ram, who is completing his mandatory military service, called in with a video message.

Song Kang said, “We were able to do a second season because there was so much love for the first. If the first season was about the characters as students, then the second season shows them as adults and learning how to adjust to each other.”

About his skyrocketing popularity, the actor said, “I was dazed by it. I realized how popular the show was when I received so many comments in different languages about the second season. I resolved that I should work harder from now on.”

He added, “In the first season, Sun Oh had gotten hurt from a sudden farewell. In the second season, he’s become more mature and has more inner strength. If season one was about the fresh-faced youth of high school students, then season two is more mature. I think it’ll be fun to look forward to how the characters in season two resolve the conflicts from season one.”

song-kang-love-alarm-2.jpg

Kim So Hyun said, “I don’t think it ever felt easy to play Jo Jo. I thought a lot about how to express wavering feelings, but the director had a specific direction he wanted, so I trusted him and went with that. There have been times when I wanted to hide my feelings. I’ve often thought that it would be preferable to hide when I was feeling hurt. But [unlike Jo Jo], I want to be honest about my feelings.”

She added, “I think that my choices made both Sun Oh and Hye Young suffer. Even if the ‘Love Alarm’ app really existed, I don’t think I would download it. I’d express my feelings directly.” Song Kang added, “It’s nice to be able to express yourself easily, but I think it’s more sincere if you do it directly.”

The actress also said that she had gotten more comfortable with the cast and crew and said, “It’s not even nerve-racking to be here [at the press conference]. It’s fun. We’re all peers and we like to joke around, so we got closer and felt a sense of comradeship during the shoot.”

kim-so-hyun-love-alarm-2.jpg

Kim Jin Woo, who had not directed the first season, joked, “I was uncomfortable during filming. Everyone was so good and working so well together and I was nervous and afraid that I wouldn’t be able to properly capture all that as a director. It was a lot of pressure to take on the second season. I thought of it as the actors having established such great characters in the first season, all that was left for me to do was follow what choices these characters would make. I think that’s what sets the second season apart.”

“Love Alarm 2” will premiere on March 12. Check out a teaser here!

Source (1)

• Like 1

Kim So Hyun looks kind of tired in the the press conference pictures, could just be her makeup too? If Song Kang is at all the promotions, does that make him end game? :smug:

This gets released on Friday already, so fast! @mademoiselle, what's your drama schedule like this weekend? Are you going to binge it? Haha!

• Like 2

@Tofu I half expected she would be because of shooting River.

@Tofu @Mouse LOLLL. I thought Song Kang is endgame because Jung Garam didn't attend the press con and the promo. Then I found out he's in the army that's why he couldn't attend! DEVASTATED. LOL. Back to the original plan, peek at last episode then decide whether to binge it. :laugh:

EDIT: Omg, I just realise it's out tomorrow!!! :jinbtsyes:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
Spoiler

I also looked ahead and was disappointed. But I’m going to watch the entire thing anyway because I am curious how they make it “okay” that she ends up with Heo Yong  

Honestly though, after making us fall in love with SunHo in season 1 and seeing how much he adored her, I can’t believe this is how it ends.

I am actually so annoyed that I feel the need to watch it to understand  WHY?!!

@mademoiselle @Tofu

• Haha 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@Mouse Yeah I've watched episode 1 last night but decided not to rush since the ending isn't something I want. LOL.

The show didn't start off by continuing from last season so it is a bit confusing. They time-jump a bit and just verbally mentioned the App developer isn't the one we know.

I was smiling at the scenes of Jojo and Hye Young but still, how she immediately looks shaken when she sees Sun Ho again is so telling.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

That video was fun to watch. They all have good chemistry, but Kim So Hyun drew a broken heart in her picture with Song Kang. :pandasadspoon:

@Mouse - I've decided to only watch clips because SLS is not for me. :eeeee:I avoid that by not watching dramas I know I'll feel that way. Haha!

• Haha 2

I’ll be honest in that I’m going to have to force myself to watch season 2 but I am curious as to why they decided to end it the way they did after building up that sweet story between SunHo and Kim JoJo. 

I personally have an issue with dramas that make you fall for one person and then take that away. It’s unnecessary heartache for me :HaunterOK:

• Like 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@Tofu It's cheerful watching them play the games than them in the show, LOL. Song Kang hasn't smiled much for the last 3 episodes because he's been so miserable after losing Jojo.

@Mouse I'm already up to episode 3. It's dangerous having the automatic loading to next episode on, LOL. I had to stop else I'll probably finish it all in one day.

Wasn't the "message" of this drama is telling us not to rely on the apps? That's why Hye Young doesn't use love alarm but then in S2 he uses it - confuse the crap out of me.

• Like 2

Yeah, I finished watching over the weekend. I don't exactly disliked the new pairing but just think Sun Ho had nothing else to do but look pitiful and not able to move on for 4 years and get over Jojo for this weird stupid app LOL. Plus I thought Hye Young wasn't going to use the app so that it doesn't become a burden on Jojo from last season? But in the end, everyone relies on this app.