Navillera 나빌레라 [2021]

Song Kang And Park In Hwan Share Their Hopes For Upcoming Drama “Navillera” And More

Song-Kang-Park-In-Hwan.jpeg

In a recent interview and pictorial for 1st Look magazine, Song Kang and Park In Hwan showcased their off-camera chemistry and chatted about their upcoming drama “Navillera”!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, tvN’s “Navillera” will tell the story of Duk Chool, a man who begins ballet at the age of 70 (played by Park In Hwan), and Chae Rok, a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams (played by Song Kang).

Although Chae Rok possesses extraordinary talent as a ballet dancer, he starts dancing relatively late in his life compared to his peers. He initially loses his way after tasting the bitterness of reality, but his life takes an unexpected turn when he meets a one-of-a-kind student in Duk Chool: a retired mailman who, in the final chapter of his life, decides to finally pursue his lifelong dream of learning to dance ballet.

Expressing his fondness for the drama, Park In Hwan remarked that meeting the character of Duk Chool was one of the biggest blessings of his life.

“At my age, my physical fitness and flexibility are lacking, so it was tough learning ballet,” he confessed. “But I was happy and grateful to be able to tell a warm story and emerge intact.”

Park-In-Hwan.jpeg

Park In Hwan also pointed out that “Navillera” shows us how each and every day can be a journey of growth, bringing up one of Duk Chool’s iconic lines: “I, too, want to try flying for once in my life.” He added that he hoped many people would gain courage and joy from watching his character’s story.

Spoiler

Park-In-Hwan-2.jpeg

Meanwhile, Song Kang shared his thoughts on the incredibly busy schedule that has come with his rising popularity. He revealed that instead of feeling exhausted by his hectic schedule, he’s actually enjoying being so busy.

The actor went on to explain that “Navillera” had been just the kind of project he was looking for. “I’d been waiting for a warm and moving story like this, and then I happened to come across ‘Navillera,'” he recalled. “I’m learning a lot on set, and I’m really enjoying acting in the drama.”

Song-Kang.jpeg

Song Kang also spoke confidently about overcoming the pressure that sometimes plagues him, remarking, “There are times when I feel afraid or self-conscious because of all the overwhelming anticipation, but I want to keep going. Since I want to do a good job, I’m going to center myself and move forward.”

As for his hopes for the future, Song Kang declared, “I’m fine with cutting down on my sleep time if it means I can be part of another great project.”

Spoiler

Song-Kang-2.jpegSong-Kang-3.jpegSong-Kang-4.jpeg

“Navillera” is currently scheduled to premiere on March 22 at 9 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 2

I love that new trailer. Again, the more I look at the promotion videos, photos, etc. for this drama, I get more excited -- for haraboji. I think one of the messages it'll send is that it's never too late to pursue your dramas or that don't regret not pursuing your dreams and if you're going to, go for it when you can. 

Every time I say the title of the drama, I think about the song, A Flying Butterfly by YB. It's one of my favorite Korean songs to listen to, and I wonder if there's connection to this song and the drama because the message for both are pretty similar. 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle - Haha! I'm still all for Song Kang! I just think it's really great for haraboji to fight against the odds to achieve the dream he couldn't pursue when he was younger. 

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Kim Kwon’s blonde hair

I'm going to block that image out of my head but just in case everyone wants to see it again...

Spoiler

cVHfBYH.png

Can we have less of these scenes of Song Kang crying? I feel like I'm always watching clips of him crying or looking sad. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

5 Mins Preview

Looks really good, guys ~ @abs-oluteM @Tofu

Haha @Tofu True, he's like that ever since he was dumped by Jojo. The Devil Calls My Name too he had a few scenes like that too because of Kyung Ho. And in this one, looks like Song Kang's character has some tough life so we can't avoid it. However, most of it he's not like that and has a temper etc., which is good - I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselle - Yay for a much longer preview! Haraboji is so dedicated! LOL @ Song Kang not wanting to teach him. :laugh:

I guess the oversize suits are in because I've seen them a lot. He should wear nicely tailored ones like Song Joong Ki in Vincenzo. Does he need to be hooked up with some "Booralro" (is that what's it's called) suits? :eeeee:

• Haha 2

@Tofu Yeah the large suit trend is back I think. Siwan was wearing a few in Run On and I remember cringing thinking, "Dude, you are already very small, please don't make yourself look even smaller." xD

I love the bit that SK is to teach haraboji ballet and in return, haraboji is his manager. HAHA. Sneaky teacher. 

• Haha 2

Watch: Song Kang, Park In Hwan, And More Weather Hardships Together In Heartwarming “Navillera” Highlight Teaser

tvN’s upcoming drama “Navillera” released a new highlight video!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” is about Shim Duk Chool (Park In Hwan), who begins ballet at the age of 70, and Lee Chae Rok (Song Kang), a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams.

The new highlight video begins with Shim Duk Chool celebrating his 70th birthday with his family. He shares, “I’ve never done something I wanted to do. At least now, I’m trying to do what I want to do.” After getting inspired by a “Swan Lake” performance, he watches Lee Chae Rok practice from afar. When Lee Chae Rok asks, “Why are you staring at me?” Shim Duk Chool replies, “I want to do ballet.”

Lee Chae Rok also seems to be struggling with his own set of problems when he receives a call from his father, who has just been released from prison. Lee Chae Rok comments, “I realized for the first time after seeing ballet. I want to try flying once too.”

Unexpectedly, Lee Chae Rok suddenly becomes Shim Duk Chool’s teacher in ballet. Although Lee Chae Rok bursts out in anger, his coach explains that Shim Duk Chool will be his new manager. Shim Duk Chool begins to carry out his duties by waking Lee Chae Rok up in the morning and taking notes in his notebook. When Lee Chae Rok sees what Shim Duk Chool has written, he asks, “When did I get angry?”

Shim Duk Chool’s wife Choi Hae Nam (Na Moon Hee) also gets suspicious of him, and she begins to feel frustrated since her children don’t want to reciprocate her affection. Shim Duk Chool advises her to do what she wants now, but Choi Hae Nam asks if she should just quit being a mother and his wife. The teaser also introduces Shim Eun Ho (Hong Seung Hee), who continues to persevere in her career despite mistreatment.

Finally, Lee Chae Rok begins to help Shim Duk Chool while asking why he wants to learn ballet at his age. Shim Duk Chool responds, “I also wanted to fly once before I die.” As Lee Chae Rok appears to hit a wall in progress, Shim Duk Chool continues to praise him and believe in him.

source

• Like 1
  • Party! 1