Navillera 나빌레라 [2021]

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle @Tofu My mum says that the 1st episode was not too bad. I saw some bits of SK dancing which was lovely . I will binge watch both episodes at a go. I swear I need 36 hours a day!

I forgot to mention best to sit further away from the screen so it's not so obvious Song Kang has a stand-in for the dancing scene.

LOLLL, as long as I still only need to work the same amount of hours - I don't mind having longer hours :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Got a bit emotional here & there, especially with Haraboji's regret.

I know! I was sad watching that scene. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

BTW, there are some nasty comments about Song Kang's acting. I didn't think it was that bad. What about you guys? This scene was pretty apt for me.

Yeah, I thought it was fine. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. :idk:

@abs-oluteM - I had to drop some dramas because I just couldn't fit all of them in my schedule anymore. I can't say which dramas because I think I would be disown by some people. Hahaha!! 

• Haha 3

Episode 1 Quotes that had me 😢😭

At the funeral, haraboji's friend asked "Why aren't I crying?"

Haraboji responded, "As you get older, you get used to saying goodbyes."

----

Teacher Ki Seung Joo: Why do you want to do ballet anyway?

Haraboji Sim Deok Chul: I've never done anything I wanted to do my entire life. I've been too busy making ends meet and supporting my family to even dream of it. I thought it was only natural. And now...I'm finally trying to do what I want to do. I know very well that I'm old and weak. Still, I want to try it. I don't care if I lose to reality. I want to give it a shot at least.

----

Episode 3 Preview

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

I laughed so much watching episode two my sister thought I was going crazy. :eeeee:

Haraboji is taking his manager job super seriously even down to noting that Chae Rok used the bathroom three times. Haha! Haraboji is a force to be reckoned with -- nothing is too big of a challenge for him. He has the drive to succeed and it definitely shows in his ability to take on all of Chae Rok's antics. However, he is no pushover. He makes light jabs at Chae Rok as well too. I love his morning calls to Chae Rok. Why does haraboji do this? Because he sees celebrities get morning calls from their managers too. :laugh:

Couple outfits? :LarvitarSDab1:

Spoiler

3Yrs236.png

a7IKQtq.png

oHe0AO3.png

DMtzWVv.png

I guess I'll settle for this for now. Haha!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu

Awww so jealous after reading your post. I want to watch it straight away but have to work. Sounds so cute!

Well Song Kang is smiling there! Aww.

I read a post saying in the description, haraboji will praise Chae Rok and it was something he had wanted to hear from his Dad. Boy just wants some parent love & attention that's why he is prickly lol and grumpy, lol.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I read a post saying in the description, haraboji will praise Chae Rok and it was something he had wanted to hear from his Dad. Boy just wants some parent love & attention that's why he is prickly lol and grumpy, lol.

Haraboji is so funny. He asked Chae Rok where he lives and if he lives with his parents. Chae Rok, by this time, is annoyed with haraboji so he responded with, "My dad lives somewhere else and my mom passed away" before walking away. Haraboji shouts after him, "Both of my parents passed away too!" :laugh:

I posted this on my Twitter, but will share it  here too. Right before this scene, Chae Rok was telling haraboji he does not need him. 

At the end of the episode, haraboji finds out that his other job is delivering food. He was upset and told the store manager that if something happened to Chae Rok, he would be responsible -- he's a ballet dancer and cannot get hurt. Haraboji ended up making some of the deliveries and Chae Rok had to let him because haraboji threatened to tell Ki Seung Joo. Hahaha! 

I'm excited for next week's episodes to see what haraboji does because he walks in to find Ho Beom (Kim Kwon's character) antagonizing Chae Rok. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Omg, I cried again when haraboji was doing his test...at work.

I know, me too!! I think I yell at my screen every time someone bullies him. I can't tell you how many times I've said, "Yah! Chae Rok!! :pandarage2:

The episode gets lighter after the test. Haraboji takes his manager job really serious and I love it. Haha! 

No one else watching but us? I feel like I've been having conversations with myself all day about how much I'm loving this drama. Hahaha! 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

No one else watching but us? I feel like I've been having conversations with myself all day about how much I'm loving this drama. Hahaha!

It's just 3 of us for now. It's worth selling the drama BUT I don't know who else likes this kind of drama. I think the likely candidates are @bluepebbles @JenL and @Jane since they liked dramas like When the Weather is Fine and A Piece of Your Mind. Regretfully they may also be too busy to watch it live with us. @ktcjdrama Are you into this kind? 

@Chocolate said she will try one episode.

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle That's very true. I don't know who would enjoy this drama. I'm used to talking to one or two other people or just myself in threads so it doesn't bother me. :laugh:

Haraboji and some of his life lessons in this second episode:

• Then keep telling her. Tell her you're happy right now. Then she'll give up sooner or later. 
  • She's finally free. Don't try to haul everything yourself. Don't try to control her. Let her be. Just do your part.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I love episode 2. :cry:

I don't even know where to start describing how much I enjoyed the show. Everything about it just relates. I love the beautiful cinematorgraphy of certain scenes too. I'm really enjoying Chae Rok and Haraboji's interactions too and don't mind if Chae Rok continues to be prickly for another couple of episodes, haha, as long as he is NOT too mean to Haraboji.

And like you said @Tofu, after the test (I just dislike seeing Haraboji suffers & I worry something will happen!) the show lightens up with Haraboji being a responsible manager. I just love seeing how well he is mingling with the ballerinas, having fun cleaning the classroom and then tagging along behind Chae Rok with matching attires, following his every ballet moves - it is so so so adorable. I don't know who Park In Hwan is but I think at the end of this show, he'll become one of my favourite Haraboji deul along with the Grandpa Over Flower bunch!

Everything about Haraboji either makes me cry or smile. This show reminds me of my own grandparents—whether they were happy or filled with regrets before they reached the end of their lives. They basically lived similar life to Haraboji—busy making ends meet and support their children until they were married. As if this was a natural thing. When I see one of them laying in bed too old/sick to be able to move, I had the same thought as Haraboji. Perhaps they never dared to dream of doing what Haraboji was doing or it was too late for them that they simply didn't have the strength anymore. However it isn't too late for us.

@abs-oluteM I think you'll like this. :smile: Let me know if you bawled your eyes out like we did, or my broken tap might be due to PMS. :pandascared: Next up, Joseon Exorcist episode 2!

Episode 1 GIFs

0960acd78ee4880d5492ea172e9864724eaf2665

1f2f15f747300b57707dd0f695b782a980198fcd

340cda40868fe87dd566dbb16f820c9448a830c5

Spoiler

dfca8c695b50d5b7d40f8f00c50dd1eb8b3533b5c7e659a34f4dcf756a183fe1e124c1f48b2621815e621d673f6181d0d4488d8fca15bc370a1665dacf338ca7b6691d4bc560a7a8ba0a90203b918b0a

source: thingskateknows

Can you do the spin back then? @abs-oluteM

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Can you do the spin back then? @abs-oluteM

ahahaah yes can. I did 10 years of classical training before venturing into other dance forms. Funnily I hated ballet as a kid cause my mum forced me. It was her dream more than mine. Nevertheless I learned to appreciate it a lot more when I started doing other dance styles cause ballet gives you a good foundation. My mum likes the drama , and it hits home for her as she  grew up with no opportunity to learn. It was only when she was older as an adult that she started taking up all sorts of dance classes. She is in her late 60s and still dances ( she even learns hip hop . modern etc) , so it is never too late to learn anything.

Will watch this soon.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle That's very true. I don't know who would enjoy this drama. I'm used to talking to one or two other people or just myself in threads so it doesn't bother me. :laugh:

Me too :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahaah yes can. I did 10 years of classical training before venturing into other dance forms. Funnily I hated ballet as a kid cause my mum forced me. It was her dream more than mine. Nevertheless I learned to appreciate it a lot more when I started doing other dance styles cause ballet gives you a good foundation. My mum likes the drama , and it hits home for her as she  grew up with no opportunity to learn. It was only when she was older as an adult that she started taking up all sorts of dance classes. She is in her late 60s and still dances ( she even learns hip hop . modern etc) , so it is never too late to learn anything.

That's pretty awesome. Yeah I can totally imagine and it seems to be a norm that parents force their kids to do things due to them not having the chance to. I don't know whether I should say I'm fortunate I wasn't forced to do anything (except tuition) or unfortunate that my parents never thought of trying to introduce/encourage us learn extra things like dancing, art, music, instruments or even sports. The only thing I'm extremely good at (because of Dad) is watch TV because it's in the blood :laugh:. Although I guess at least my uncle(s) introduces us to classical music and aunt(s) for manga (arts).

Your mum reminds me of my aunt. When she finally had the chance, she took piano lessons. And that wasn't the end of it she learnt violin and all other Chinese music instruments too. She basically wanted to know how to play with all of them. Your mum is cool she even dances hip hop. I tried it few times beginner class hip hop too. I'd have loved it more if the class wasn't so full and we had more time to learn the dance moves more than one class so we could master it better. Plus hate the music chosen too. There are so many songs out there with good beat but the teacher has to choose the, I don't know how to explain, vulgar kind...?

To be honest I do wonder why the story set-up had to be ballet. Haraboji could try ballroom dancing (many oldies dance to this) and it could have been less challenging than ballet. Nonetheless, I love it - it's unique.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Pressure! I saw some quotes from the show and it seems touching. Will catch it this weekend.

So this one - young and old - you like.

Beyond evil - young and older - you complain they talk too much

@Chocolate Wait till you watch the first 2 episodes (try 2 can or not?) then you'll know why this old and young are much better (easier to concentrate) than Beyond Evil. Like @JenL said, it's confusing whether they were trying to seduce each other :eeeee:. But honestly, don't you think they talk too much? :BulbaConfused: It's not even interesting their dialogues. Honestly I've seen better one on one dialogues with sparks than them, LOL.

And true, there are some really awesome quotes from this drama. It really hits home/heart.

9 hours ago, Tofu said:

By the way, that was the longest one minute. I kept thinking, "When is this going to end?!".

I was internally cheering Haraboji on (at work) even though I was certain he will make it but I was nervous watching it! LOL.

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Haraboji and some of his life lessons in this second episode:

• Then keep telling her. Tell her you're happy right now. Then she'll give up sooner or later. 
  • She's finally free. Don't try to haul everything yourself. Don't try to control her. Let her be. Just do your part.

So true. These are quotes that touch me too.

The daughter-in-law did what she had to do because it's the culture, the way of life for many generations (marry, give a child, be a mother) and now she wants to be a woman and pursue her career/dream.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Wait till you watch the first 2 episodes (try 2 can or not?) then you'll know why this old and young are much better (easier to concentrate) than Beyond Evil.

Haha ok 2.

I learnt ballet when I was young too. Until the ballet teacher told my mother to stop 😂🤣 They always make you do this:

dndsqj3doy8c2s3gu82t.jpg

Spoiler

This is me 😭😅

v4-460px-Make-Your-Feet-Touch-Your-Head-

• Haha 4
10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It's just 3 of us for now. It's worth selling the drama BUT I don't know who else likes this kind of drama. I think the likely candidates are @bluepebbles @JenL and @Jane since they liked dramas like When the Weather is Fine and A Piece of Your Mind. Regretfully they may also be too busy to watch it live with us. @ktcjdrama Are you into this kind? 

@Chocolate said she will try one episode.

I saw some of the scenery pics on Twitter and it looks so pretty! And I like touching older and younger friendships. But hadn't plan to watch it mainly because I'm not a dance person and this is about ballet? :idk: Also no actors are strong drawcards for me in this one. We will see if I have time to try an episode...been quite busy lately!

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle Because I'm totally inflexible 😂 Even now, when I bend down, I can only reach just below the knee. Anyway, I hated ballet lessons so it was alright. But any other kid would be so traumatised right?

Hahaha...I don't know why I found this so funny, but I just laughed so much at this. I did ballet as a kid too, but I was a total daydreamer and would do what everyone else would do like 5 minutes after. I would never make the cut for Kpop group, huh? :laugh: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think the likely candidates are @bluepebbles @JenL and @Jane since they liked dramas like When the Weather is Fine and A Piece of Your Mind. Regretfully they may also be too busy to watch it live with us.

Ding ding ding, correct answer. The title did catch my eye because it's so unique. But I am still stuck at PYOM Ep 6 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 5

Thanks for the tag @mademoiselle I’ve been super duper busy these days but finally, it’s over today. Still have things to do, but can definitely slip in some drama watching now. 
I don’t think this drama was on my watch list though. But I will give it a try... soon, haha, coz I still have other dramas I am already behind with. 

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I was internally cheering Haraboji on (at work) even though I was certain he will make it but I was nervous watching it! LOL.

When he was tipping over a bit, I was literally at the edge of my seat. Haha! 

20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Everything about Haraboji either makes me cry or smile. This show reminds me of my own grandparents—whether they were happy or filled with regrets before they reached the end of their lives. They basically lived similar life to Haraboji—busy making ends meet and support their children until they were married. As if this was a natural thing. When I see one of them laying in bed too old/sick to be able to move, I had the same thought as Haraboji. Perhaps they never dared to dream of doing what Haraboji was doing or it was too late for them that they simply didn't have the strength anymore. However it isn't too late for us.

I grew up without a haraboji (only a halmoni for me) and a part of me wonders if that's why I was looking forward to and have enjoyed the drama so far. I've heard my parents talk about them and their stories were very similar to Haraboji's. They did everything for my parents until they passed away. My grandma, she helped take care of us (my siblings and cousins) while our parents worked. Now that everyone is able to take care of themselves, she's finally living her life. She's traveled to so many places, even going on trips more than me! This is all before the pandemic, of course. 

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The daughter-in-law did what she had to do because it's the culture, the way of life for many generations (marry, give a child, be a mother) and now she wants to be a woman and pursue her career/dream.

In some ways, kind of like Haraboji too, right? Family always came first and after a certain time, you can finally put yourself first ahead of the family. 

Haha! I love that so many of you were in ballet classes! My family couldn't afford extracurricular activities for us so I was not forced to do anything. I was the best at watching Saturday morning cartoons. :eeeee:

Somehow this scene is reminding me of how many people rejected us in watching this drama, @mademoiselle. I guess it's just us and @abs-oluteM's mom until Abs starts it. LOL!! 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3