Navillera 나빌레라 [2021]

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It's not on mine too. I think it will appear later, like Do You Like Brahms. Later on it didn't appear on my PC but is on my phone.

I read a few articles on what's coming to Netflix USA in March and Navillera was on the list. That means it'll probably air on Netflix! Maybe it's not listed on the "Coming Soon" page because they haven't released a full trailer yet? 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I read a few articles on what's coming to Netflix USA in March and Navillera was on the list. That means it'll probably air on Netflix! Maybe it's not listed on the "Coming Soon" page because they haven't released a full trailer yet?

Yeah then I'm pretty it's a world-wide release. I think most of the soon-to-air kdramas will get world-wide release because Netflix got the exclusive rights. It's the finished airing kdramas they get copyright later are the ones that may not be available in certain regions. Like 18 Again, Moment of 18 and Tale of Nokdu - I notice these are only available to Asia.

• Like 2

Song Kang Helps Hong Seung Hee Break Out Of Her Father’s Cage In Upcoming Drama “Navillera”

EvW0-iWVIAAHdav?format=jpg&name=4096x409
tvN’s upcoming drama “Navillera” has shared a new sneak peek of its stars Song Kang and Hong Seung Hee in character!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” will tell the story of Duk Chool, a man who begins ballet at the age of 70 (played by Park In Hwan), and Chae Rok, a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams (played by Song Kang).

EvW0-iWVkAAhTxA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Although Chae Rok possesses extraordinary talent as a ballet dancer, he starts dancing relatively late in his life compared to his peers. As he winds up tasting the bitterness of reality, he loses his way on the road to his dreams—but his life takes an unexpected turn when he meets a one-of-a-kind student in Duk Chool, who will bring dramatic change to his world.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Song Kang makes a swoon-worthy transformation into gifted dancer Chae Rok. Practicing alone in the studio, the graceful yet muscular Chae Rok practically glows as he breaks a sweat while dancing.

EvW0-iUU4AQjZSd?format=jpg&name=4096x409

According to the producers of “Navillera,” Song Kang took lessons for half a year to prepare for his role in the drama.

“While Song Kang was filming his ballet scenes, all of the staff on set stopped breathing,” they recalled, “and we were all drawn into his performance. His acting in the ballet scenes, which came about through an enormous amount of practice, is certain to shock viewers as well.”

“Navillera” also released a glimpse of leading lady Hong Seung Hee, who will be playing the role of Shim Eun Ho.

The granddaughter of Duk Chool, Eun Ho is a perfectly-behaved model student who has always done exactly as her strict, overbearing father wished. She has worked hard throughout her entire life to live up to her father’s standards, but as she begins to realize that there is no end in sight, she finds herself growing tired of living life trapped inside her father’s hamster wheel.

When Eun Ho meets Chae Rok, who is certain of his own dream and is determined to chase it, she gains the strength to break out of her father’s mold and finally take the reins of her own life.

The newly released photos of Hong Seung Hee capture the actress looking nervous yet determined while working hard as an intern. As Eun Ho’s father’s goal for her is to receive a good performance review from her internship so that she can get a job at a large company, the opportunity is both important and stressful for her at the same time.

Another still shows Eun Ho at the restaurant where Chae Rok also works as a part-timer, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to how they will meet for the first time.

The producers of “Navillera” commented, “Hong Seung Hee is flawlessly pulling off the role of Shim Eun Ho, switching back and forth from a perfect model student to a young woman in endless agony. The youth of today will be able to relate to her journey of reclaiming her own life and, for the first time, exploring a life that is her own, instead of her father’s plans for her.”

“Navillera” will premiere on March 22 at 9 p.m. KST.

source

@abs-oluteM Your previous question about Song Kang answered above 👆🏻.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

They finished filming already?! I guess that's good. I see glimpse of the bleached hair and the scene doesn't look too good.

Yeah that's pretty quick! Point of no return even if the rating isn't good hahaha. Yep, I saw the bleached hair too. So... Sakuragi like (Slam Dunk) except it is blonde.

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

No probs! I hope it'll not only be good but motivating and inspiring. What about you? What/Why it appeals to you?

Besides having ballet as the backdrop, I really like watching projects that pairs an older character with a younger character. I think there's a lot both characters can learn from each other. I also just want something that's a little warm and fuzzy to watch because my current drama watch list is all crimes, revenge, and thriller themed. :laugh:

• Like 2

1st Look Magazine - Park In Hwan and Song Kang

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

Besides having ballet as the backdrop, I really like watching projects that pairs an older character with a younger character. I think there's a lot both characters can learn from each other. I also just want something that's a little warm and fuzzy to watch because my current drama watch list is all crimes, revenge, and thriller themed. :laugh:

True. The dramas recently are quite heavy on the crime thriller and Sci-Fi, and soon exorcism theme (LOL). A poetic, soothing or slice of life kind of drama makes it stand out.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1