Navillera 나빌레라 [2021]

eOhDf2K.jpg

Spoiler

Eubxo1PU4Actlk_?format=jpg&name=4096x409B120200688_16143192948511_HL.jpgEu_BLq-U4AAr3e4?format=jpg&name=4096x409Eu_BLq9VgAIAlIb?format=jpg&name=4096x4096EvfBRxOVEAEvSHu?format=jpg&name=4096x4096EvfBAnaVcAAKEqL?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

English title: Like A Butterfly

Literal title: Navillera

Hangul title: 나빌레라

Broadcast site: tvN

Streaming site: Netflix

Director: Han Dong Hwa

Writer: Lee Eun Mi

Episodes: 12

Schedule: 22 March - 27 April, 2021 (Mon - Tue)

Other reference: Naver | NamuWiki | DC Gall | CJ ENM |

Plot Summary

Sim Deok-Chool (Park In-Hwan) has had a life long dreaming of performing ballet. He is 70-years-old and retired from his job as a post office employee. Due to life situations, he put aside his dream of becoming a ballet dancer and worked a normal job to support his family. Now, Sim Deok-Chool makes the decision to pursue his dream again. His family, including his wife and adult children, are not happy with his decision, but Sim Deok-Chool does not waver in pursuing his life long dream. He joins a ballet company to learn ballet. There, he meets Lee Chae-Rok (Song Kang).

Lee Chae-Rok is a 23-year-old man. While growing up, he played different sports like baseball, swimming, and soccer, but he wasn't talented in any of those activities. He then became interested in ballet. His mother was a ballet dancer, but she died from a disease when Lee Chae-Rok was young. His father later went bankrupt. Lee Chae-Rok learned that he has a talent for ballet, but, after pursuing ballet, he barely has contact with his father and he has a hard time supporting himself financially. Going through hard times, his desire for ballet fades away. At this time, Sim Deok-Chool appears in front of him. (source: AsianWiki)

Based on webcomic "Nabillera” written by Hun and illustrated by Ji-Min (published from July 26, 2016 to October 31, 2017 via Daum Webtoon Corp.).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4

Teaser Trailer

Spoiler

5 Mins Preview

Behind the Scenes

Spoiler

Poster Making

BTS 1

BTS 2

BTS 3

BTS 4

BTS 5

OST

Spoiler

OST 1 Taemin - My Day

OST 2 Kim Kook Heon - Butterfly

OST 3 Sohyang - Beautiful Words

OST 4 Ha Hyun Sang - Heal You

Full Album OST

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

[News] 2020.04.10 Song Kang In Talks To Star As Lead In New Webtoon-Based Drama About Ballet

0fc7ca470077413d845ed5a8d9999ad1.jpeg?s=

Song Kang may be returning with a new drama soon!

On April 10, YTN reported that Song Kang will be starring in a new ballet-themed drama titled “Navillera” (working title) as the main lead.

Following the reports, a representative from Song Kang’s agency Namoo Actors stated, “It is true that he has received an offer to star in ‘Navillera.’ It is one of the projects he has received an offer for, and he is currently reviewing the drama.”

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” is about a 70-year-old elderly man and a young man as they build friendship through ballet. The drama will tell a story about people who pursue their dreams because life only comes around once. “Navillera” will be helmed by producing director (PD) Han Dong Hwa who directed OCN’s “Squad 38,” “Bad Guys 2,” and tvN’s “Miss Lee.”

If Song Kang accepts the role, he will be playing Lee Chae Rok, a 23-year-old rising ballet dancer with great talent who often blames himself for his frequent injuries. He receives warm support and learns life lessons after meeting Shim Duk Chool, a rookie ballerino who chases after his dream more sincerely than anyone else Lee Chae Rok has met in his life.

Following his debut with “The Liar and His Lover,” Song Kang made a name for himself through “Man Who Sets the Table” and “Beautiful Vampire.” Recently, he starred in “When the Devil Calls Your Name” and “Love Alarm.” Song Kang has also been confirmed to star in “Sweet Home,” a drama lead by director Lee Eung Bok who has worked on hits including “Mr. Sunshine,” “Descendants of the Sun,” and “Goblin.”

Source (1) (2) via soompi

---

[News] 2020.11.09 Song Kang, Park In Hwan, And More Confirmed For New tvN Drama About Ballet

897706d543f3463aa01fa90edd4fe107.jpeg?s=

Park In Hwan, Song Kang, Na Moon Hee, and Hong Seung Hee have been confirmed to star in the new tvN drama “Navillera” (literal title)!

Slated to premiere in 2021 and based on the webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” is about Duk Chool, who begins ballet at the age of 70, and the 23-year-old ballerino Chae Rok who gets lost while chasing his dreams. The drama will tell a story of growth about people who pursue their dreams because life only comes around once.

The popular webtoon was serialized in 2016 and received a high rating of 9.9 stars out of 10. The drama will be helmed by director Han Dong Hwa, who worked on OCN’s “Squad 38,” “Bad Guys 2,” and tvN’s “Miss Lee,” and it will be written by scriptwriter Lee Eun Mi who wrote OCN’s “Tunnel.”

Park In Hwan will be taking on the role of the retired mailman Duk Chool whose deeply hidden dream of becoming a ballerino resurfaces at an old age. He takes on the challenge of ballet to finally fulfill his lifelong desire. Previously, Park In Hwan showcased his solid acting skills in the films “E.X.I.T” and “Miss Granny” as well as the drama “Liver or Die.”

Song Kang will be playing Chae Rok, who started ballet late but has an extraordinary talent. Chae Rok has never thought of anything besides soccer, but after coincidentally watching a ballet performance, he feels something he can’t describe with words for the first time. Duk Chool also appears in his life to turn things inside out. Following his recent projects “When the Devil Calls Your Name” and “Love Alarm,” viewers are highly anticipating Song Kang’s transformation in this upcoming drama.

Na Moon Hee will be playing Hae Nam, Duk Chool’s wife who takes care of her grownup children’s lives as if they were her own. She wants to live life quietly without becoming a burden to her children, but Duk Chool suddenly tells her that he wants to pursue ballet. Na Moon Hee and Park In Hwan have already showcased their great chemistry through “Miss Granny.”

Hong Seung Hee will be playing the role of Eun Ho, Duk Chool’s granddaughter who lives a life planned by her father. After meeting Song Kang, she starts over again in order to find her own happiness and dreams, realistically portraying the life of a young woman in her 20s. Previously, Hong Seung Hee impressed in “Memorist” and “King Maker: The Change of Destiny.”

The production team shared, “The special cast consisting of veteran acting legends Park In Hwan and Na Moon Hee as well as the trendy Song Kang and Hong Seung Hee is now complete. Please anticipate the miracle of ballet that will turn on a green light between the 70-year-old elderly man entering the last chapters of his life and the 23-year-old youth who is just beginning to take on challenges in life.”

Source (1) via soompi

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@SilverMoonTea this is how @mademoiselle is selling me her oppa...:heiboi: like doing business deal !

I'm a good (drug) dealer, aren't I? Mianhe @SilverMoonTea I hijacked your Oppa Tracker thread to share some clips I found on potential Oppa-to-be. And @abs-oluteM I added one more video of Byung Gyu with Namgoong Min. You've to watch till the end, ya?

• Haha 2

[News] “Sweet Home” Actor Song Kang To Make His Next Move, Starring As A Ballerino In Upcoming Drama “Navillera”

Here’s what we know.

Actor Song Kang showed just how versatile he can be, through roles in Love Alarm and Sweet Home. In Love Alarm, he acted as an immature yet charming and devoted high school student in love, while in Sweet Home, he battled his inner demons as a depressed recluse.

E9sja4nXesw5e1aCEoak-u3IXyVlS8xH0V6mDLEZxrUgUkov-UFtj3XSxTu5iI00Gdb7VGsfbe99ClS8q2U686KLiZ5iP72aM5Fn3N7Ort2tleU=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Next up for him, is the role of a ballerino in tvN‘s upcoming drama, Navillera. A touching story between a 23 year old student that is lost while trying to find his own dreams and a 70 year old man that takes up an old one, Song Kang stars as the young aspiring ballerino, Lee Chae Rok.

Chae Rok’s mother, who passed away when he was young, was a ballerina, inspiring him to take up the hobby. Due to tough times financially and an estranged relationship with his father, he is close to giving up on the dream. On the other hand, the 70 year old Sim Deok Chul once gave up his dream of ballet to support his family. Now at 70, he takes up ballet again.

Stay tuned for more on the talented actor.

source: Koreaboo

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahaha @mademoiselle wait for the drama to air...but I was very impressed with the teaser. I will definitely watch this. I like his arms. ...

Is it? It didn't feel like there was much shown from the teaser however I think it will be a drama where I'll shed a lot of tears for. And that I'll really love the friendship between Song Kang and the old actor.

38 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

but have to say Rowoon is still the standard.

But even Rowoon hadn't made into your Oppa list yet. I'm hoping to hear good news soon since we're still in early episodes of Sunbae. 🤞🏻

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

s it? It didn't feel like there was much shown from the teaser however I think it will be a drama where I'll shed a lot of tears for. And that I'll really love the friendship between Song Kang and the old actor.

I like the fact that the story is about the older guy trying to learn ballet. It seems like a nice slice of life story. 

Rowoon will definitely make my oppa list. I need to grief over the end of Run On and not seeing Kang Tae Oh till Doom comes out :smile:

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am